Be a Supporter!

Clothing co. copies Tankmen design?

  • 48,721 Views
  • 499 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
JohnnyUtah
JohnnyUtah
  • Member since: Oct. 14, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 04
Artist
Response to Clothing co. copies Tankmen design? 2012-07-04 18:54:40 Reply

At 7/4/12 06:23 PM, hateyou1 wrote: It's just a guy wearing snow goggles. Newgrounds didn't invent snow goggles, did they? I swear you guys are almost as stupid as the occupy wallstreet mob and just as thuggish. If I were them, I would actually be suing this site for harassment due to admins encouraging hate. That right there, would turn the lawsuit inside out. Good job morons, good job.

haha yeah you know what, then tell those wiggers to make this guy their fucking logo.

Clothing co. copies Tankmen design?


Tom and I have been working on something hmmm????

BBS Signature
liljim
liljim
  • Member since: Dec. 16, 1999
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Clothing co. copies Tankmen design? 2012-07-04 18:59:56 Reply

At 7/4/12 06:54 PM, JohnnyUtah wrote: haha yeah you know what, then tell those wiggers to make this guy their fucking logo.

They could even use one of my skinny ass, I did make it public in my profile some time ago, afterall.

Clothing co. copies Tankmen design?

Lepy
Lepy
  • Member since: Mar. 17, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 18
Melancholy
Response to Clothing co. copies Tankmen design? 2012-07-04 19:06:35 Reply

At 7/4/12 06:54 PM, JohnnyUtah wrote: haha yeah you know what, then tell those wiggers to make this guy their fucking logo.

Why not just replace the Tankman with that guy wearing snow goggles?

Everybody wins.

CriticOfCritics
CriticOfCritics
  • Member since: Jun. 27, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Clothing co. copies Tankmen design? 2012-07-04 19:12:10 Reply

At 7/4/12 06:23 PM, hateyou1 wrote: It's just a guy wearing snow goggles. Newgrounds didn't invent snow goggles, did they? I swear you guys are almost as stupid as the occupy wallstreet mob and just as thuggish. If I were them, I would actually be suing this site for harassment due to admins encouraging hate. That right there, would turn the lawsuit inside out. Good job morons, good job.

...How stupid can YOU get. And what do snow goggles have to do with this? The logos are copyrighted and then some douche bag company comes and uses that logo for their own damned products. Some retard (YOU) just comes in and out of the blue says " you guys are idiots! I would sue you for Harassment!" and then you end by calling us morons.
Good job mate, Good job.

Clothing co. copies Tankmen design?

hitman1993
hitman1993
  • Member since: Jan. 15, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Gamer
Response to Clothing co. copies Tankmen design? 2012-07-04 19:13:25 Reply

This is still going? Did we win yet?


BBS Signature
hateyou1
hateyou1
  • Member since: Mar. 30, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Clothing co. copies Tankmen design? 2012-07-04 19:45:33 Reply

At 7/4/12 06:54 PM, JohnnyUtah wrote: haha yeah you know what, then tell those wiggers to make this guy their fucking logo.

Maybe they did make him their logo, but made him look more "cartoony".

At 7/4/12 07:12 PM, CriticOfCritics wrote: ...How stupid can YOU get. And what do snow goggles have to do with this? The logos are copyrighted and then some douche bag company comes and uses that logo for their own damned products. Some retard (YOU) just comes in and out of the blue says " you guys are idiots! I would sue you for Harassment!" and then you end by calling us morons.
Good job mate, Good job.

As I have said, maybe it wasn't based on the "tankman", but it was just some guy that they made cartoony and ended up as a coincidence? That's like assuming that George Zimmerman murdered Treyvon Martin without having all the facts on the table.

IncendiaryProduction
IncendiaryProduction
  • Member since: Jan. 25, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Game Developer
Response to Clothing co. copies Tankmen design? 2012-07-04 19:51:57 Reply

Well regardless of whether they are beaten senseless by the hard, long dick of the law, no one in their right minds are going to buy ANYTHING on that site from the massive amount of negative reviews we have left. The only thing that can help them at this point is purging the site completely and laying low and waiting for the thing to blow over, presumably while watching Pootie Tang or whatever it is stupid people like that do.


A merry heart does good like a medicine; but a broken spirit dries the bones. Proverbs 17:22
"It's not gay because we're bros." - Gobblemeister

BBS Signature
CommanderFalcon
CommanderFalcon
  • Member since: Feb. 18, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Clothing co. copies Tankmen design? 2012-07-04 19:53:15 Reply

At 7/4/12 07:45 PM, hateyou1 wrote: Maybe they did make him their logo, but made him look more "cartoony".

Doesn't matter, it's still infringement. If I drew Spiderman as a manga and tried to sell it, Marvel could still sue.

As I have said, maybe it wasn't based on the "tankman", but it was just some guy that they made cartoony and ended up as a coincidence? That's like assuming that George Zimmerman murdered Treyvon Martin without having all the facts on the table.

It was layered over an identical pic of Tankman, which correctly credited Newgrounds. It's fairly flippin' obvious. Either you have no idea what copyright infringement is, you're art blind like that one Spanish king was so tone deaf so that he couldn't recognize his own anthem, or you work for these guys.


"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious."- Brendan Gill

BBS Signature
IncendiaryProduction
IncendiaryProduction
  • Member since: Jan. 25, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Game Developer
Response to Clothing co. copies Tankmen design? 2012-07-04 19:54:41 Reply

At 7/4/12 07:45 PM, hateyou1 wrote: As I have said, maybe it wasn't based on the "tankman", but it was just some guy that they made cartoony and ended up as a coincidence?

Coincidence is showing up at a party wearing the same colored man-thong as your best friend. Taking an image and not altering it at all, save for the colors and outline, is called copyright infringement in some circles. And by some circles I mean civil court.


A merry heart does good like a medicine; but a broken spirit dries the bones. Proverbs 17:22
"It's not gay because we're bros." - Gobblemeister

BBS Signature
IncendiaryProduction
IncendiaryProduction
  • Member since: Jan. 25, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Game Developer
Response to Clothing co. copies Tankmen design? 2012-07-04 20:01:49 Reply

Pointing out the fact that they are stealing, and are a scumbag of a company, is one thing. But simply lying for the sake of being an asshole, that's something different entirely.

Clothing co. copies Tankmen design?


A merry heart does good like a medicine; but a broken spirit dries the bones. Proverbs 17:22
"It's not gay because we're bros." - Gobblemeister

BBS Signature
hateyou1
hateyou1
  • Member since: Mar. 30, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Clothing co. copies Tankmen design? 2012-07-04 20:03:40 Reply

You kids are soo naive to the law. Look, you're comparing Marvel, a multi-million dollar corporation to a small website. How do you know that tankman didn't rip off some artist on deviantart? You see, you have no evidence that they ripped off the tank man 100%. Instead, they can turn the lawsuit inside-out by suing newgrounds for harassment. I looked on the site and I saw many inappropriate comments in the reviews. If you guys continue spamming them with hate, they CAN turn the lawsuit inside-out and it will then be newground's loss.

CommanderFalcon
CommanderFalcon
  • Member since: Feb. 18, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Clothing co. copies Tankmen design? 2012-07-04 20:07:13 Reply

At 7/4/12 08:03 PM, hateyou1 wrote: You kids are soo naive to the law. Look, you're comparing Marvel, a multi-million dollar corporation to a small website. How do you know that tankman didn't rip off some artist on deviantart?

Because the artist credited Newgrounds.com, maybe?

You see, you have no evidence that they ripped off the tank man 100%. Instead, they can turn the lawsuit inside-out by suing newgrounds for harassment. I looked on the site and I saw many inappropriate comments in the reviews. If you guys continue spamming them with hate, they CAN turn the lawsuit inside-out and it will then be newground's loss.

Newgrounds can't be held responsible for what random people online who HAPPEN to have Newgrounds accounts do. Is there a correlation? Yes. Is it NG's fault? 100% no.


"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious."- Brendan Gill

BBS Signature
hateyou1
hateyou1
  • Member since: Mar. 30, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Clothing co. copies Tankmen design? 2012-07-04 20:15:36 Reply

At 7/4/12 08:07 PM, CommanderFalcon wrote: Because the artist credited Newgrounds.com, maybe?

Doesn't matter. If the artist made the art before newgrounds made this "tankman", then why does the artist need to credit newgrounds? Even if it was the other way around, newgrounds would still be profiting from their art, which is still unlawful.

Newgrounds can't be held responsible for what random people online who HAPPEN to have Newgrounds accounts do. Is there a correlation? Yes. Is it NG's fault? 100% no.

Then how many posts did the admins make to stop the hate comments? The correct answer would be 0. Therefore, they WOULD be held accounted for the comments.

4761
4761
  • Member since: Jun. 8, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Clothing co. copies Tankmen design? 2012-07-04 20:21:30 Reply

"hateyou1" is simply a naive imbecile who can't comprehend the term "identical".

There is no fucking way that a picture of a tankman, in the same posture, size, shape, and overall design can be replicated by two completely different people in a completely coincidental situation. It's not like copying a picture of a circle; an image with no intricate qualities whatsoever.

There is no need to compare Zimmerman vs. Trayvon because we already have all the facts on the table, and these facts all suggest that the NG tankman was stolen and printed on a shirt. Anyone who can't tell that Faded blatantly copied the design is either blind, retarded, or a horrible liar scared of the consequences of his plagiarization.


Even the most righteous, logically sound individuals are subject to poor reasoning skills and deluded mindsets.

BBS Signature
IncendiaryProduction
IncendiaryProduction
  • Member since: Jan. 25, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Game Developer
Response to Clothing co. copies Tankmen design? 2012-07-04 20:23:26 Reply

At 7/4/12 08:15 PM, hateyou1 wrote: werdz 'n stuff

First off, the tankman is original art made by newgrounds. It's not taken from anywhere, and the artist on deviantart made his image far after it appeared on this site, and credited newgrounds.com.

Yes, we have given them ammo against us. Plenty of it. But are they going to try and file suit? Well if they google those words after they can't find them in their "Baby's First Words" dictionary they've been using for rolling papers up to this point, they probably won't, as they will be too worried about the anal trauma being caused to them by the legal departments of the numerous corporations and organizations they have stolen from.


A merry heart does good like a medicine; but a broken spirit dries the bones. Proverbs 17:22
"It's not gay because we're bros." - Gobblemeister

BBS Signature
Bobbybroccoli
Bobbybroccoli
  • Member since: Sep. 26, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 34
Gamer
Response to Clothing co. copies Tankmen design? 2012-07-04 20:23:39 Reply

At 7/4/12 08:21 PM, 4761 wrote: "hateyou1" is simply a naive imbecile who can't comprehend the term "identical".

Why the hell can;t anyone understand that he is a troll. Meant to ignite the rage of loyal Newgrounders in a popular thread.

You people are as bad as him.
Lionelion
Lionelion
  • Member since: Jun. 29, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Audiophile
Response to Clothing co. copies Tankmen design? 2012-07-04 20:26:03 Reply

At 7/4/12 08:23 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote:
At 7/4/12 08:21 PM, 4761 wrote: "hateyou1" is simply a naive imbecile who can't comprehend the term "identical".
Why the hell can;t anyone understand that he is a troll. Meant to ignite the rage of loyal Newgrounders in a popular thread.

Ha, you beat me too it, i was about to post the same thing

4761
4761
  • Member since: Jun. 8, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Clothing co. copies Tankmen design? 2012-07-04 20:27:55 Reply

Why the hell can;t anyone understand that he is a troll. Meant to ignite the rage of loyal Newgrounders in a popular thread.

He is not a troll. He is an idiot.
There usually is a difference.


Even the most righteous, logically sound individuals are subject to poor reasoning skills and deluded mindsets.

BBS Signature
hateyou1
hateyou1
  • Member since: Mar. 30, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Clothing co. copies Tankmen design? 2012-07-04 20:28:16 Reply

Let me list another possibility that I PM'd that crybaby JonnyUtah (yes man, you're acting like a fucking baby and you look soo pathetic that I can already tell you're going to lose the lawsuit if you would even have the balls to file one):

Perhaps the owners of the site asked ANOTHER admin on the site for permission and he granted them permission to the art. How do you know that it wasn't ANOTHER admin on this site that is working with them and the owner of that site are friends with one of this site's admins. They could then reveal the papers in court that they got permission. As I have said, none of you guys have any evidence that support your case.

yurgenburgen
yurgenburgen
  • Member since: May. 28, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 57
Artist
Response to Clothing co. copies Tankmen design? 2012-07-04 20:34:11 Reply

At 7/4/12 08:28 PM, hateyou1 wrote: Perhaps the owners of the site asked ANOTHER admin on the site for permission and he granted them permission to the art. How do you know tha

If any of that were true, the company would not have removed links to the t-shirt page or responded claiming it to be original artwork despite all the evidence to the contrary being presented to them. Use your brain.

4761
4761
  • Member since: Jun. 8, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Clothing co. copies Tankmen design? 2012-07-04 20:34:59 Reply

Perhaps the owners of the site asked ANOTHER admin on the site for permission and he granted them permission to the art. How do you know that it wasn't ANOTHER admin on this site that is working with them and the owner of that site are friends with one of this site's admins.

Because no admin would do such a stupid thing? And even if he did, the administrators of the faded site have yet to say that an admin on this site gave permission to them in the first place. They have not given any sort of evidence supporting their case. These hypotheses and wild improbable conjectures will not get your point across.

They could then reveal the papers in court that they got permission. As I have said, none of you guys have any evidence that support your case.

The people at Faded have been shown to (in this thread) say that they had made the tankman completely originally, nothing about gaining permission from the admins of this site. It's pretty laughable when you say we haven't give evidence when we quite clearly have and all you are making is ridiculous hypotheses.


Even the most righteous, logically sound individuals are subject to poor reasoning skills and deluded mindsets.

BBS Signature
hateyou1
hateyou1
  • Member since: Mar. 30, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Clothing co. copies Tankmen design? 2012-07-04 20:36:31 Reply

At 7/4/12 08:34 PM, yurgenburgen wrote:
At 7/4/12 08:28 PM, hateyou1 wrote: Perhaps the owners of the site asked ANOTHER admin on the site for permission and he granted them permission to the art. How do you know tha
If any of that were true, the company would not have removed links to the t-shirt page or responded claiming it to be original artwork despite all the evidence to the contrary being presented to them. Use your brain.

Perhaps part of the deal was to not claim that they had permission unless they were being tried in court? As I have said, nobody knows the full details.

IncendiaryProduction
IncendiaryProduction
  • Member since: Jan. 25, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Game Developer
Response to Clothing co. copies Tankmen design? 2012-07-04 20:39:02 Reply

At 7/4/12 08:28 PM, hateyou1 wrote: gettin desperate there?

Okay guys, since we're going to unlikely hypotheticals here, let me give it a try.

What if JohnnyUtah and whoever the fuck owns F.A.D.E.D. (although I'm willing to bet it's something douchebaggy like 'Chad') both belonged to a defunct, religious, sodomy-worshiping, cult run by Space-alien-lizard-people. The tankman (or as they called it, the messiah) was the symbol of their faith. When the cult eventually broke apart over a disagreement stemming from an American Idol episode, both parties claimed the symbol as their own art. But neither can take it to court, because being under oath they would have to acknowledge the existence of the cult, and doing so would cause them to implode before they can say it, because you know, illuminati.

YOU CANNOT DISPROVE ME, YOU HAVE NO EVIDENCE.


A merry heart does good like a medicine; but a broken spirit dries the bones. Proverbs 17:22
"It's not gay because we're bros." - Gobblemeister

BBS Signature
Gimmick
Gimmick
  • Member since: Aug. 20, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 27
Programmer
Response to Clothing co. copies Tankmen design? 2012-07-04 20:40:06 Reply

I've taken the trouble of archiving each and every page of the site as an image just in case someone wants to view it after it's taken down, if it is.


Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp
"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature
Slint
Slint
  • Member since: Nov. 6, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to Clothing co. copies Tankmen design? 2012-07-04 20:40:38 Reply

I think we can all agree that hateyou1 is a moron.


Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.
You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track.
ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature
yurgenburgen
yurgenburgen
  • Member since: May. 28, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 57
Artist
Response to Clothing co. copies Tankmen design? 2012-07-04 20:41:33 Reply

At 7/4/12 08:36 PM, hateyou1 wrote: Perhaps part of the deal was to not claim that they had permission unless they were being tried in court?

Cool facts bro.

As I have said, nobody knows the full details.

And you're dreaming up unsubstantiated theories which contradict all evidence we have.

4761
4761
  • Member since: Jun. 8, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Clothing co. copies Tankmen design? 2012-07-04 20:41:49 Reply

Perhaps part of the deal was to not claim that they had permission unless they were being tried in court? As I have said, nobody knows the full details.

Oh yes. When multiple people are currently badgering faded about the originality of the tankman design, they are going to do nothing until their being sued? Not try to explain that they had permission all along and get it over with so they would have less time wasted and less angry emails?

Use common sense please. Again, this is an extremely improbable situation that will hold no regards in court. You don't need the full details if you know what the hell is going on. If I take a knife, go to some person on the street and stab him repeatedly, stand right next to his body until that person dies, would you honestly believe me when I say "Nope. I didn't stab him. It was a super alien monster that swooped in for the kill. This bloody knife in my hand? Just a coincidence; I was chopping up some tomatoes and decided to go outside."


Even the most righteous, logically sound individuals are subject to poor reasoning skills and deluded mindsets.

BBS Signature
CriticOfCritics
CriticOfCritics
  • Member since: Jun. 27, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Clothing co. copies Tankmen design? 2012-07-04 20:44:18 Reply

At 7/4/12 08:34 PM, 4761 wrote:
Perhaps the owners of the site asked ANOTHER admin on the site for permission and he granted them permission to the art. How do you know that it wasn't ANOTHER admin on this site that is working with them and the owner of that site are friends with one of this site's admins.
Because no admin would do such a stupid thing? And even if he did, the administrators of the faded site have yet to say that an admin on this site gave permission to them in the first place. They have not given any sort of evidence supporting their case. These hypotheses and wild improbable conjectures will not get your point across.

They could then reveal the papers in court that they got permission. As I have said, none of you guys have any evidence that support your case.
The people at Faded have been shown to (in this thread) say that they had made the tankman completely originally, nothing about gaining permission from the admins of this site. It's pretty laughable when you say we haven't give evidence when we quite clearly have and all you are making is ridiculous hypotheses.

If he read through the entire thread then he would know that when one player complained they replied by saying the work is 100 percent theirs. Don't bother with this idiot. The funniest thing is that the best "art" that douche bag company came up with is their logo written backwards and in some fancy font.

CommanderFalcon
CommanderFalcon
  • Member since: Feb. 18, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Clothing co. copies Tankmen design? 2012-07-04 20:48:22 Reply

At 7/4/12 08:15 PM, hateyou1 wrote: Doesn't matter. If the artist made the art before newgrounds made this "tankman", then why does the artist need to credit newgrounds? Even if it was the other way around, newgrounds would still be profiting from their art, which is still unlawful.

Because A: He isn't selling it, NG isn't selling it. Nobody is profiting, it's fanart and B: If it was his art, then why in fuck's name would he credit Newgrounds? I'm not saying he should,I'M SAYING HE DID.

Then how many posts did the admins make to stop the hate comments? The correct answer would be 0. Therefore, they WOULD be held accounted for the comments.

No. They wouldn't. Contrary to popular belief, just because you don't stop a problem doesn't make you part of the problem. It isn't Newground's problem, because Newgrounds itself did not harass them. It's users did. If you could sue a site every time it's users did something, 4chan would be ancient history.


"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious."- Brendan Gill

BBS Signature
Slint
Slint
  • Member since: Nov. 6, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to Clothing co. copies Tankmen design? 2012-07-04 20:52:02 Reply

At 7/4/12 08:41 PM, Bees wrote:
At 7/4/12 08:40 PM, Slint wrote: I think we can all agree that hateyou1 is a moron.
perhaps an admin is just paying him to be a moron ?

Hmm perhaps.


Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.
You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track.
ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature