00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

BACKRUMS just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ngadm '12: Auditions

55,866 Views | 427 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Ngadm '12: Auditions 2012-07-01 05:31:03

Why hello there!

Welcome to the auditions thread of the NEWGROUNDS AUDIO DEATH MATCH 2012 (wooo) in which I bore you with details, and tell you what you should do if you want to take part in this smexy competition without making yourself look like a complete dunce repeatedly.

What's a Newgrounds Audio Death-whatsit?

The NGADM (Newgrounds Audio Death Match) is one of the largest competitions on the website at the moment, being officially recognized by Tom last year. It's run by Step and I and a Panda (cos Pandas are cool).

Basically, it's a Knockout Competition (like so) in which 32 finalists get assigned into pairs and attempt to brutally murder each other via music. The survivors of each round get assigned a new partner for the next round and so on and so forth. The winner of the final round will get various prizes (see below) and will be officially crowned King of the Internet (sorta).

Why do only 32 people make it in?

Because we're not superhuman alien cyborg things that can handle 64 (or 128) competitors at a go (and because 32 is a nice safe round number :3).

Ok, so what should I do?

To take part, simply post your best song (the one which you feel best represents your talents) in this thread. It may be an old song, or maybe a song you finished a few days ago, or maybe even one you finished in the future and travelled through time to attain. Remember to post only one song - if you change your mind about your best song, then just post again in this thread saying clearly you've changed your mind. Songs posted in random threads around the interwebz will be disregarded and later burnt to ashes.

Since the competition needs only 32 competitors, once we've reached a deadline, a team of judges will will carefully and professionally drink tea while uncarefully and unprofessionally listening to each submission posted here. Their votes will all be stacked carefully three times and then promptly doused in oil and set on fire and together we'll come up with the top 32 of all of these submissions. This determines the 32 artists who will be taking part in the knockout competition. Basically, it's the same system as last year. Audition in this thread, 32 artists are chosen, murder ensues.

I don't think I'm good enough to make it in...

Just post your best track in this thread anyway, you've got nothing to lose.

Are there any lines on the non-living variety?

Yeah, you guys have a deadline of 28th July to post your auditions, after which any new auditions will be passed through a shredder.

Details and such pl0x!

Every round of the knockout will have a separate thread (like this one, or this one, or even this one) and all competitors will be kept up to date by yours truly.

The schedule for the rounds can be found here, along with link to all the different threads when the competition progresses.

Please tell me there aren't any rules...

This might be a brutal murder competition to the death, but its a civilized brutal murder competition nonetheless. So yes, rules.

What about the judges?

So far, the confirmed judges are Step, Back-From-Purgatory, Breed, BrokenDeck and Buoy. More judges are being looked into and we should have a total of 6 (plus backup judges) by the time the competition starts.

If the world's going to end, why should I do this again?

Why, because of the prizes of course! Like every year, we have a set of prizes as follows:

1st place:
1.) The option of a frontpage of one of your songs of your choice.
2.) A 1st place NGADM '11 forum signature.
3.) A sum of Newgrounds Store Credit.
4.) A big crushing hug!

2nd place:
1.) A 2nd place NGADM '11 forum signature.
2.) A somewhat smaller sum of Newgrounds Store Credit.
3.) A high-five.

3rd place:
1.) A 3rd place NGADM '11 forum signature.
2.) An even smaller sum of Newgrounds Store Credit.
3.) A charming smile.

4th place:
1.) Honourable mention.
2.) A wink.

Is that it?

Eyup. Remember that so far the contest hasn't started. These are just auditions, so nothing's exactly official yet. This means we're open to suggestions, and the stuff above may be altered slightly. We'll be reposting all the updated rules, procedures and lame jokes in the NG Audio Deathmatch thread when the contest starts on 1st August, so no need to worry.

So, you interested? If so, like I said, simply post a link to your best submission in this thread before 28th July and you're all set. If you run into a problem, catch suddenly on fire or feel the need to profess your love, just PM this sexy bastard. Now fire away with your auditions!

Response to Ngadm '12: Auditions 2012-07-01 05:37:57

Also bribes may or may not be accepted.

Response to Ngadm '12: Auditions 2012-07-01 06:21:42

So as to figure out my best chance of entering, would we need to submit tracks from this site in order to participate in the auditioning process. Say we have a song we feel is our best that we posted on soundcloud because of copyright rule of this site (as in a remix using only the vocals but the rest is all me), or because of record label restrictions from posting said track on this site?(i don't have a label, but could be helpful for those who might)

Response to Ngadm '12: Auditions 2012-07-01 06:29:31

first,

representing the crips here yup

Response to Ngadm '12: Auditions 2012-07-01 06:30:42

I'm finally able to audition for this and actually complete every round. The last couple of times I've had writers block and shizzle. :(

lel

BBS Signature

Response to Ngadm '12: Auditions 2012-07-01 06:43:42

A few quick things:

We're changing the judging system this year. Now, to avoid delays, judges will be giving just scores during the judging periods and then reviewing each track in its song page to explain the score during the 2 weeks of the round that follows.

Remember, we'll be keeping you all up-to-date with PMs. Feel free to check in the NGADM threads and maybe have a chat (about relevant stuff) but if you're a busy person, you won't need to because Echo will be PMing everyone on every important update.

As mentioned in the first post, we're looking for backup judges to take over if one of the six main judges doesn't make it. It's admissible to become a backup judge if you don't make it past auditions. PM me for more details!

Last thing. We still haven't confirmed with Tom on store credit and official NG support yet. This happened last year so it may happen again this year, but no guarantees!

At 7/1/12 06:21 AM, Kirbyfemur wrote: So as to figure out my best chance of entering, would we need to submit tracks from this site in order to participate in the auditioning process. Say we have a song we feel is our best that we posted on soundcloud because of copyright rule of this site (as in a remix using only the vocals but the rest is all me), or because of record label restrictions from posting said track on this site?(i don't have a label, but could be helpful for those who might)

This stuff will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. This is a Newgrounds competition so we don't want people posting their tracks from all over the Internet. If it's a very good reason, we'll allow it.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to Ngadm '12: Auditions 2012-07-01 06:50:00

Response to Ngadm '12: Auditions 2012-07-01 07:31:48

BBS Signature

Response to Ngadm '12: Auditions 2012-07-01 07:54:31

Here's my audition song.....

When I'm Sleeping

Response to Ngadm '12: Auditions 2012-07-01 08:12:20

At 7/1/12 07:54 AM, koit wrote: Here's my audition song.....

When I'm Sleeping

Post it to Newgrounds, please!

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to Ngadm '12: Auditions 2012-07-01 09:00:29

Response to Ngadm '12: Auditions 2012-07-01 09:40:15

Didn't make it last year, so I'll just try again :) here's my audition:

New tune: Yag

Response to Ngadm '12: Auditions 2012-07-01 09:54:11

Our music will change the world...

BBS Signature

Response to Ngadm '12: Auditions 2012-07-01 09:54:35

Jolly, I've been looking forward to this! I quickly gotta make up my mind now and pick a song.
Question: can people that are knocked out of the competition still become a back-up judge (like I did last year)? Cuz that would be uber-cool and awesome and all.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to Ngadm '12: Auditions 2012-07-01 10:02:45

At 7/1/12 09:54 AM, LiquidOoze wrote: Jolly, I've been looking forward to this! I quickly gotta make up my mind now and pick a song.
Question: can people that are knocked out of the competition still become a back-up judge (like I did last year)? Cuz that would be uber-cool and awesome and all.

Yup!

BBS Signature

Response to Ngadm '12: Auditions 2012-07-01 10:11:29

ZxO.oxZ here

Break Down: 1:15
Sample (Homemade :D): Miss Meow ><
Vote ZX guys!

Response to Ngadm '12: Auditions 2012-07-01 10:39:07

Response to Ngadm '12: Auditions 2012-07-01 10:42:06

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/492591

Consider my song the warrior monk

Stoneman.

When pebble man just doesnt cut it.

BBS Signature

Response to Ngadm '12: Auditions 2012-07-01 10:46:47

Response to Ngadm '12: Auditions 2012-07-01 10:58:46

BBS Signature

Response to Ngadm '12: Auditions 2012-07-01 11:00:48

Response to Ngadm '12: Auditions 2012-07-01 11:05:42

The Heat thats my best song.

Response to Ngadm '12: Auditions 2012-07-01 11:36:55

One good thing about music, is that when it hits you, you feel no pain.

-Bob Marley

Response to Ngadm '12: Auditions 2012-07-01 11:48:50

Why not ? I think it represents what i do

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/492655

Response to Ngadm '12: Auditions 2012-07-01 11:52:35

The PM invitation content made me feel that i was getting invited to the king of fighters lol

Music is my passion , not my business.

Response to Ngadm '12: Auditions 2012-07-01 11:53:16

At 7/1/12 11:52 AM, Acid-Paradox wrote: The PM invitation content made me feel that i was getting invited to the king of fighters lol

You're welcome.

Response to Ngadm '12: Auditions 2012-07-01 12:21:21

Bad Man Incorporated and Metaljonus teamed up in 2008..

We should really do another.

BBS Signature

Response to Ngadm '12: Auditions 2012-07-01 12:23:57

probably won't have enough time to do stuff haha
but if i do i probably won't suddenly make all the 8-bit songs half way through the comp

p.s. i am gay

Response to Ngadm '12: Auditions 2012-07-01 12:29:33

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature