00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Borderlands 2 official thread

12,704 Views | 133 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Borderlands 2 official thread 2012-09-18 09:17:37

At 9/18/12 06:57 AM, BumFodder wrote:
Gearbox originally started off doing games for Valve, so theyre probably directly influenced by them.

Learn something new everyday. Now I'm a wee bit more excited when my copy finally comes to the apartment!

Xbox live: C0n Queso

PSN: A-Spiky-Kitten

Steam: Baby Diesel

BBS Signature

Response to Borderlands 2 official thread 2012-09-18 09:50:41

I got it and starting with the Assassin (A.K.A Psycho Mantis from Metal Gear Solid)

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature

Response to Borderlands 2 official thread 2012-09-19 00:30:10

I liked the first Borderlands game, but I think I'm going to wait on this. Steam may knock the price down quite a bit during the holiday season. I got Max Payne 3 for only $30 during a recent sale, and that was a pretty great deal.

I'm going to miss Brick though. Having him go apeshit with his fists will be sorely missed.

Don't pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men.

BBS Signature

Response to Borderlands 2 official thread 2012-09-19 02:14:35

Response to Borderlands 2 official thread 2012-09-19 09:53:33

Well this game just exceeded my expectations and then some. Gearbox made everything better then the first one, especially the writing. I got a B on my therapeutic exercise test because of this game haha.

Xbox live: C0n Queso

PSN: A-Spiky-Kitten

Steam: Baby Diesel

BBS Signature

Response to Borderlands 2 official thread 2012-09-19 18:05:01

I'm playing as Zero. His skill is pretty cool, but it is very similar to the Siren's phasewalk from B1, which is who I played as last. I already want to start a new game just to try out the other classes, but I'll wait for my friends to pick it up and see what they're choosing before I decide who will be my co-op character.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Borderlands 2 official thread 2012-09-19 22:24:30

Pretty damn glitchy. Dr. Mercy or whatever the fuck was insanely hard to kill for some reason and when I finally managed to do it the gun I was supposed to pick up from him falls through the ground. Excellent.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Borderlands 2 official thread 2012-09-19 22:42:55

At 9/19/12 10:24 PM, Makeshift wrote: Pretty damn glitchy. Dr. Mercy or whatever the fuck was insanely hard to kill for some reason and when I finally managed to do it the gun I was supposed to pick up from him falls through the ground. Excellent.

Sounds just like the original Borderlands then, no big deal to me. Can't wait to get my hands on this game!

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature

Response to Borderlands 2 official thread 2012-09-19 22:57:08

At 9/19/12 10:42 PM, simon wrote:
At 9/19/12 10:24 PM, Makeshift wrote: Pretty damn glitchy. Dr. Mercy or whatever the fuck was insanely hard to kill for some reason and when I finally managed to do it the gun I was supposed to pick up from him falls through the ground. Excellent.
Sounds just like the original Borderlands then, no big deal to me. Can't wait to get my hands on this game!

There aren't too many glitches that ruin the game. The one I was just complaining about was fixed easily by saving and quitting, then starting it up again. There are constant small glitches like enemies stopping for no reason, but they aren't too much of a problem and this game is so good it doesn't even matter. They just took Borderlands 1 and fixed most of what was wrong and added a ton of new shit. It's awesome.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Borderlands 2 official thread 2012-09-19 23:00:13

At 9/19/12 10:57 PM, Makeshift wrote: They just took Borderlands 1 and fixed most of what was wrong and added a ton of new shit. It's awesome.

I haven't had a chance to play it as much as I would've liked, but yeah, it seems pretty fun so far. I'm a level 12 siren, I think.

Hey guys, you should totally check out my YouTube channel.

Also, dat Steam

Response to Borderlands 2 official thread 2012-09-19 23:02:33

At 9/19/12 10:57 PM, Makeshift wrote: They just took Borderlands 1 and fixed most of what was wrong and added a ton of new shit. It's awesome.

Did they end up fixing voice chat in multiplayer? Me and my buddies hated that we had to use Skype.

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature

Response to Borderlands 2 official thread 2012-09-19 23:26:15

At 9/19/12 11:02 PM, simon wrote:
Did they end up fixing voice chat in multiplayer? Me and my buddies hated that we had to use Skype.

I don't know cause I'm stuck playing single player for now. One of my friends doesn't have it yet even though he said he'd be buying it yesterday and another friend who wants it can't afford it right now. Thinking about buying it for him...

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Borderlands 2 official thread 2012-09-19 23:45:04

The game is fantastic. A few minor bugs inside, the writing is great and it just looks so much better.

My commando is level 16 at the moment, I'm going down the survival tree and my turret has a shield I can hide in while I blast at enemies. It's fucking awesome.

Because I know only stupid people increase the birth rate

I'm just about dumb enough to hold up a sperm bank

Response to Borderlands 2 official thread 2012-09-20 00:51:32

Having a great time playing it, just put 6 straight hours in rested slept and getting ready put many more in love the story & also like the new deaths of enemies especially what the midgets say :D

BBS Signature

Response to Borderlands 2 official thread 2012-09-20 06:29:46

Butt Stallion! Come here girl!

Well.

Shit.

Response to Borderlands 2 official thread 2012-09-20 09:26:58

i will be playing it tomorrow, as where i am it's not yet released

i'm so excited, i'm literally shaking!

Response to Borderlands 2 official thread 2012-09-20 17:45:07

I found this in my subscribe box the just now. minecraft borderlands easter egg

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to Borderlands 2 official thread 2012-09-20 18:26:34

At 9/20/12 05:45 PM, sweet21 wrote: I found this in my subscribe box the just now. minecraft borderlands easter egg

Well, that was subtle.

Response to Borderlands 2 official thread 2012-09-21 21:09:00

played it all day... can't describe how much i love this game.

Response to Borderlands 2 official thread 2012-09-21 22:32:31

I got a jackpot on the slots in Moxxi's bar and got a badass (orange) Sniper Rifle so i assume all jackpots give orange weapons,give the slots a try! *_*

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature

Response to Borderlands 2 official thread 2012-09-22 16:23:18

So the game glitched and now I don't have to reload and I have infinite ammo.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Borderlands 2 official thread 2012-09-22 18:49:16

When I rent this game, I'll have to so it solo. All my friends play it on XBox.

[PSN/Steam- Airbourne238]

BBS Signature

Response to Borderlands 2 official thread 2012-09-22 21:05:15

At 9/22/12 06:49 PM, POTaTOS wrote: When I rent this game, I'll have to so it solo. All my friends play it on XBox.

I almost like it more when I'm playing solo. I can hear everything that's going on in the game better and I have all the control over the missions and whatnot. Also being able to stop playing for a while (and also not wait for other people) when I feel like it is nice. It would be nice if the co-op worked better with people of different levels, but I'm a lot higher than my friends right now and starting over kind of sucks. I was playing with my friend for a while, but we decided to both finish it by ourselves before we did a co-op playthrough.

Still better with friends, but I really enjoy it either way.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Borderlands 2 official thread 2012-09-23 03:03:45

I got a copy today for PS3 (PC can't run games good).
I am looking forward to playing, I tried a bit of it on my brother's laptop and had a blast, it feels much nicer than Borderlands 1!

Response to Borderlands 2 official thread 2012-09-23 08:56:27

Well just finished the main story with few side quest left, awesome game and cool still more missions after the end disappointed a bit by the ending though wont mention it but it was okay.
Dreading the climb to level 50 though to do one new missions you need be 50 o.o gotta grind that experience now.

Great game though cant wait to see what they'll do dlc wise for this one.

Borderlands 2 official thread

BBS Signature

Response to Borderlands 2 official thread 2012-09-23 09:59:51

At 9/23/12 08:56 AM, KiDX05 wrote: Well just finished the main story with few side quest left, awesome game and cool still more missions after the end disappointed a bit by the ending though wont mention it but it was okay.
Dreading the climb to level 50 though to do one new missions you need be 50 o.o gotta grind that experience now.

Great game though cant wait to see what they'll do dlc wise for this one.

I wanna discuss the ending a bit more but when more people finish the game. I thought the actual ending itself was much better than the first game, and everything leading up to it (the last half hour or so before the big boss fight) was challenging and fun.

I was planning on capping all 5 classes to 50 for the DLC, but I may be getting a second job soon and probably won't have too much time for that. :(

Because I know only stupid people increase the birth rate

I'm just about dumb enough to hold up a sperm bank

Response to Borderlands 2 official thread 2012-09-23 18:06:56

Is it even possible to get through this part playing solo? I'm near the end in Hero's Pass or whatever and this Constructor kills me instantly. Recommended level for the mission is 30 and I'm level 31. I have a shield of 2500 and my health's at over 5000. I can't dodge these missles or mortars or whatever they are and I'm dead as soon as I get hit once.

This game is extremely unfair a lot of the time. It's built for 4 people and not one, which I think is sort of bullshit. I want to enjoy it on my own right now.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Borderlands 2 official thread 2012-09-23 18:21:56

So I kinda just sat back at a point where his rockets couldn't even reached me and shot at him with a sniper rifle for about 5 minutes. PF.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Borderlands 2 official thread 2012-09-23 18:36:48

At 9/23/12 06:06 PM, Makeshift wrote: Is it even possible to get through this part playing solo? I'm near the end in Hero's Pass or whatever and this Constructor kills me instantly. Recommended level for the mission is 30 and I'm level 31. I have a shield of 2500 and my health's at over 5000. I can't dodge these missles or mortars or whatever they are and I'm dead as soon as I get hit once.

(Post-arrival at Sanctuary spoilers)

I'm in a similar situation. I'm playing solo and i'm at the part where the constructor kajigger takes Roland, makes you fight it, and then flies away with him to the prison and I can't for the life of me take its shields down and do actual damage without stopping to fight off the GUN loaders and such for a long enough time that it recharges it's shields. The only time I almost got the shields all the way down was when I lit it up with rockets, but now i'm out of them and apparently the ammo dispensers don't sell them. Times like this I regret being Zer0.

wat do, newgrounds?

Response to Borderlands 2 official thread 2012-09-23 20:35:03

At 9/23/12 06:06 PM, Makeshift wrote: Is it even possible to get through this part playing solo? I'm near the end in Hero's Pass or whatever and this Constructor kills me instantly. Recommended level for the mission is 30 and I'm level 31. I have a shield of 2500 and my health's at over 5000. I can't dodge these missles or mortars or whatever they are and I'm dead as soon as I get hit once.

This game is extremely unfair a lot of the time. It's built for 4 people and not one, which I think is sort of bullshit. I want to enjoy it on my own right now.

Well at that part I sat back and used my rocket launcher which killed it in a minute my rocket launcher does 10k damage, but yeah game is extremely more difficult then first when it recommends a level for a quest it doesn't feel like the same level it mention is what you should be for the quest.
As for ending I did like it, it was far better then first but it also had the bit of lack luster afterwards.. although will say my siren looks scary as fuck with jacks face O_O

Other moxxi gambling machines & ammo most my money went into respawning you will die a lot solo & from few lets plays I've been watching even in co-op you'll die a lot, like borderlands 1 it's a game were sitting back is better then getting right up close and personal so snipers and other long range guns feel better when you're not having to get second wind every second cause game throws 4 plus shield/ goliaths your way.
But none less a great game and claptrap was awesome as always ;p

BBS Signature