00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MovementalStudio just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ruling on Obamacare comes Thursday

14,560 Views | 206 Replies

Response to Ruling on Obamacare comes Thursday 2012-07-17 17:06:16

Hilarious.

At 7/17/12 01:47 PM, Camarohusky wrote: So losing your home and losing your ability to get to work is merely losing one's lifestyle?

If the mortgage crisis showed anything it was that people have no idea how to tell the difference between what they need and what they want. All that's really needed in a residence is a room, a small kitchen, and a toilet. Apartments and condos are just as sufficient.

So you are telling me that the difference between a 1080i and 720p 42" TV is more important than a home or car for a poor person? Or are you telling me that the difference between a corporation being able to give a $40million golden paachute vs. a regular severance pakage is more important than a home or car of a poor person?

Who am I to say what someone else should do with the money he has earned? It's his money. Personally, I don't really give a damn about a poor person's home or car so long as he isn't starving to death, his kids have access to health and educational services, and he isn't dying of nutrition or sanitation-related diseases.

The relatively small cost of preventative care is so high compared to some (read: a shit ton) people's income that they choose to forego neded health care for something they deem more important.

That's simply not true. Office visits and basic health screenings do not wipe out savings and cause bankrupty. Eligibility for welfare benefits like SNAP and food stamps allow for a few thousand dollars in assets and savings, not counting residences, children's education savings, and fair market value for a vehicle up to a certain amount.

At 7/17/12 01:56 PM, Feoric wrote:
because for the uninsured, healthcare costs are so high they only go see a doctor when it's absolutely necessary, and sometimes even when they know it's necessary, the still refuse to go.

So society should be called upon to subsidize their terrible judgement? I don't think so.

Remember that a bankruptcy will be on your credit report and employers are now allowed to make hiring decisions based on that report. so, declaring bankruptcy can hurt your ability to simply get a job.

For a few jobs that involve the chance for embezzlement, yes. Evidence that employers will refuse to give an otherwise qualified applicant a job because of a hospital bill-induced bankruptcy (as opposed those that show irresponsible behavior like gambling or excessive credit card debt) is anecdotal at best.

Unless you're insanely rich, you're simply not going to go to the doctor regularly if you're uninsured, putting you at risk for premature death.

And like many risky behaviors, it's completely preventable.

do you have health insurance? if you do, cancel it. see if you can afford regular doctor visits and medication. then tell me if you have "access" to healthcare. you technically do, but you can't likely cannot afford it, and you'd rather eat than get a blood test.

Or I can apply for government assistance and do both.

see, that's the problem: you don't know the actual numbers we're dealing with.
let's look at the numbers then....blah blah numbers...
this is why people aren't going to see a doctor if they're uninsured. they can't afford it.

I feel a bit bad that you went to all the trouble to get those numbers when they don't refute my premise that healthcare is available through government assistance regardless of finances.

except the system in place is obviously broken so why not just go with full on UHC?

Broken? No. Expensive, sure. When it comes to our health, we are our own worst enemy. 75% of healthcare spending is driven by chronic conditions stemming largely from unhealthy behaviors like smoking, poor diet, and lack of exercise. This is straight from the CDC.

In any case, neither of you have disputed my fundamental point that a lack of health insurance does not kill anyone, but rather it's people's unwillingness to spend money on their health.

Response to Ruling on Obamacare comes Thursday 2012-07-17 17:55:13

At 7/16/12 11:05 PM, BrianEtrius wrote:
Do you know what the defintion of insanity is? It's doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

Uh, do you want us to clap for you or....what?

Anyways, Obamacare is a fucking joke.

Response to Ruling on Obamacare comes Thursday 2012-07-17 18:22:56

I still dont understand why some Americans dont want healthcare thats like most European countries.

comment pls | follow pls | aka FishType1

BBS Signature

Response to Ruling on Obamacare comes Thursday 2012-07-17 18:43:03

At 7/17/12 05:55 PM, MikeVouros wrote: Anyways, Obamacare is a fucking joke.

Really? I must have missed the punchline.

Response to Ruling on Obamacare comes Thursday 2012-07-17 19:05:13

At 7/17/12 05:55 PM, MikeVouros wrote: Uh, do you want us to clap for you or....what?

Anyways, Obamacare is a fucking joke.

Obviously you missed the point, so let's spell it out for you, shall we?

Congress has voted 33 times to try to appeal Obamacare. Obviously, that hasn't worked, and that's with the issue being forefront in the public eye for the past 3 years. What makes you think that the law is going to be thrown in the trash if it hasn't been repealed yet? It's insanity, which is something you might understand.

New to Politics?/ Friend of the Devil/ I review writing! PM me

"Question everything generally thought to be obvious."-Dieter Rams

BBS Signature

Response to Ruling on Obamacare comes Thursday 2012-07-17 20:25:14

At 7/17/12 07:05 PM, BrianEtrius wrote: Congress has voted 33 times to try to appeal Obamacare. Obviously, that hasn't worked, and that's with the issue being forefront in the public eye for the past 3 years. What makes you think that the law is going to be thrown in the trash if it hasn't been repealed yet? It's insanity, which is something you might understand.

It's not exactly insanity though since they are doing it purely for political reasons. They're not actually expecting to succeed in getting the ACA repealed, they're just doing it so they can have an opportunity to give Obama the finger and to fire up donors and their base.

The number I find more interesting is the number of healthcare bills to replace Obamacare that the Republicans have passed since they took over the House.

The number is zero.

Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur

Response to Ruling on Obamacare comes Thursday 2012-07-17 20:29:55

At 7/17/12 08:25 PM, Angry-Hatter wrote:
At 7/17/12 07:05 PM, BrianEtrius wrote:
It's not exactly insanity though since they are doing it purely for political reasons. They're not actually expecting to succeed in getting the ACA repealed, they're just doing it so they can have an opportunity to give Obama the finger and to fire up donors and their base.

The number I find more interesting is the number of healthcare bills to replace Obamacare that the Republicans have passed since they took over the House.

The number is zero.

It's insanity because obviously it's going nowhere, while there are more pressing matters at hand......like, I don't know, the economy?

New to Politics?/ Friend of the Devil/ I review writing! PM me

"Question everything generally thought to be obvious."-Dieter Rams

BBS Signature

Response to Ruling on Obamacare comes Thursday 2012-07-17 20:40:58

At 7/17/12 08:29 PM, BrianEtrius wrote: It's insanity because obviously it's going nowhere, while there are more pressing matters at hand......like, I don't know, the economy?

Hey, pissing in the wind sure beats doing anything productive, at least if you're a Republican in Congress. It's no coincidence that Congress is less popular than Communism at the moment.

Response to Ruling on Obamacare comes Thursday 2012-07-17 20:56:51

At 7/17/12 08:40 PM, Angry-Hatter wrote: Hey, pissing in the wind sure beats doing anything productive, at least if you're a Republican in Congress. It's no coincidence that Congress is less popular than Communism at the moment.

Thats an insult to communism.

BBS Signature

Response to Ruling on Obamacare comes Thursday 2012-07-17 21:23:08

At 7/17/12 08:56 PM, BumFodder wrote: Thats an insult to communism.

Not an insult really, but it might be damning with faint praise to say that something is more popular than the United States House of Representatives, because really, there are currently very few things that aren't more popular than the United States House of Representatives.

Response to Ruling on Obamacare comes Thursday 2012-07-17 21:28:04

At 7/17/12 09:23 PM, Angry-Hatter wrote: Not an insult really, but it might be damning with faint praise to say that something is more popular than the United States House of Representatives, because really, there are currently very few things that aren't more popular than the United States House of Representatives.

That was the joke

BBS Signature

Response to Ruling on Obamacare comes Thursday 2012-07-18 13:01:31

obamacare blows

UNDEAD FOR LIFE!

BBS Signature

Response to Ruling on Obamacare comes Thursday 2012-07-18 15:47:40

At 7/18/12 01:01 PM, power-to-the-players wrote: obamacare blows

I know. Obamacare blows away the shithole system that existed before.

Response to Ruling on Obamacare comes Thursday 2012-07-18 16:00:27

At 7/17/12 08:25 PM, Angry-Hatter wrote: The number I find more interesting is the number of healthcare bills to replace Obamacare that the Republicans have passed since they took over the House.

That's not quite a fair criticism. There's no sense in trying to pass conflicting healthcare legislation, especially without any input from democrats and a sitting democratic president. Repealing the bill is just as futile, but its a lot easier and just as symbolic as drafting a comprehensive alternative. Plus, they were probaby waiting to see how the Supreme Court ruled.

Response to Ruling on Obamacare comes Thursday 2012-07-23 09:34:54

To all of you who believe the US health Care system is one of the best in the world.
Well of 30 countries in the OECD (Organization for the Economic Co-Operation & Developement) the USA comes in near last in every aspect of book called
Real World Economic Review.

This article isn't America bashing, it is simply facts based on what is actually being observed & who is being served...& more importantly WHO isn't being served by their Government.

If you believe Memorizes view of the US health care system as all roses & sunshine, be prepared to see , that isn't the truth.... it could easily be so, the USA has the capacity to be the best or one of the best in the world, but it isn't & all the America rhetoric "we're the greatest" doesn't change the facts

Here is the story I just read in a (esp for Camarohuskey) legitamate publication...it just isn't a mainstream American publication the author is talking about a book by Edward Fullbrook -THe Decline of the USA.

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opinion/2012/07/20127171040 35237926.html

Those who have only the religious opinions of others in their head & worship them. Have no room for their own thoughts & no room to contemplate anyone elses ideas either-More

Response to Ruling on Obamacare comes Thursday 2012-07-23 12:08:50

At 7/23/12 09:34 AM, morefngdbs wrote: To all of you who believe the US health Care system is one of the best in the world.

No one here is claiming the US has the best Healthcare system in the world, dumbass.

In fact, in case you weren't paying attention, I've clearly stated that I hate the US Healthcare system.

But here's the funny part: Canadian Healthcare is also fucking horrible... just in slightly different ways.

While your HC system sucks because it's run by Government, the US HC System sucks because it's run as Corporate Healthcare.

It's so amusing watching you idiots brag about how great your healthcare systems are when every one of them (US Included) is being crushed by debt and obligations.

Even more amusing on how Canada and Europe can only spend the amount of money they do on Healthcare bc the US picks up their tab on Defense.

Response to Ruling on Obamacare comes Thursday 2012-07-23 12:18:41

At 7/23/12 12:08 PM, Memorize wrote: Even more amusing on how Canada and Europe can only spend the amount of money they do on Healthcare bc the US picks up their tab on Defense.

;;;;;
Defending us from what ?
The taliban ?
Weapons of mass destruction in the hands of dictators, that did't exist !
And if you look into it, you'll see most of the really horrible weapons like gas bombs etc, Saddam got from the good ole USA .

Or maybe your going to protect us from your biggest trade partner CHina.
Well please don't bother, I know fromthe financial side of the equation...we're much bewter off increasing our trade to China...at least they can pay us !

Or I know those world dominating bastards Iran ? Everyone knows they're just waiting to take over the world !

If Afghanistan is anything to go by, we'll be fine.
We don't need you to protect us & if anything we need protection from you !
ANd your true rulers the Banking Cartel & the fucking mess of the worlds financial system they've made as well as the Big Businesses they control who through the 'lobbiest' have long ago bought & paid for almost every politician in your country !

Those who have only the religious opinions of others in their head & worship them. Have no room for their own thoughts & no room to contemplate anyone elses ideas either-More

Response to Ruling on Obamacare comes Thursday 2012-07-23 14:58:21

At 7/23/12 09:34 AM, morefngdbs wrote: To all of you who believe the US health Care system is one of the best in the world.
If you believe Memorizes view of the US health care system as all roses & sunshine, be prepared to see , that isn't the truth.... it could easily be so, the USA has the capacity to be the best or one of the best in the world, but it isn't & all the America rhetoric "we're the greatest" doesn't change the facts

Lol. America is the greatest. We are the most dominant economic, military, and cultural force in the entire world. The US is also a leader in scientific development (there is no single indicator that can be used to produce rankings). To claim that we're mediocre or worse because our people only live to be 75 instead of 77 or 78, or because our educational and health demographics don't match those of the Norweigans or Swedes (whose countries are largely composed of homogenous middle to upper class white people) is just absurd.

I'll gladly take global leadership in the categories that actually matter than excel in these piddly little categories that don't mean squat.

The only real problem with our health system is the poor health habits of the people who use it.

Here is the story I just read in a (esp for Camarohuskey) legitamate publication

Yeah, an opinion piece from an alternative medica outlet posted in Al-Jazeera. That's really fair and unbiased.

Response to Ruling on Obamacare comes Thursday 2012-07-23 15:11:04

Note from the mod:

Stop replying to the one sentence "criticisms" of obamacare...if you reply to them, it's next to impossible to then delete them (unless I delete your post too) and potentially ban the poster.

Friendly warning to stop or you're going to lose posts right along with them from here on it...these posts either come from idiots, or from trolls...either way, it's not the kind of discussion an intelligent forum like ours desires.

You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator

The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to Ruling on Obamacare comes Thursday 2012-07-23 16:10:49

At 7/23/12 02:58 PM, adrshepard wrote: Yeah, an opinion piece from an alternative medica outlet posted in Al-Jazeera. That's really fair and unbiased.

;;;;

If you go and re read my post ,the opinion piece is about a book , one you can go & look at . so don't be lazy you don't need everything handed to you.

The name of the book is also in my last post.

WHat usually isn't mentioned about societies with a more involved social system.
Particularly health care being a universal system. Isn't something government 'gives' you the working people have to pay for it.
So you are taxed & that pooled tax pays for everyone.
Seeing as we in western societies now live much longer, getting people healthy & back to being productive is less expensive than raising them from infancy.

If you can pay for an enormous military, that can't even effectively take over a back water like Iraq even after 10 years ! it might be time to stop playing the war drum & start putting some of that massive military budget into infastructure & care of the American people...& not just some of them...all of them.

Response to Ruling on Obamacare comes Thursday 2012-07-23 21:30:51

At 7/23/12 02:58 PM, adrshepard wrote: I'll gladly take global leadership in the categories that actually matter than excel in these piddly little categories that don't mean squat.

The only real problem with our health system is the poor health habits of the people who use it.

Here is the story I just read in a (esp for Camarohuskey) legitamate publication
Yeah, an opinion piece from an alternative medica outlet posted in Al-Jazeera. That's really fair and unbiased.

lol this post completely embodies why people think Americans are stupid. In fact its so stupid I think hes trolling.

BBS Signature

Response to Ruling on Obamacare comes Thursday 2012-07-23 22:11:15

At 7/23/12 12:18 PM, morefngdbs wrote:
Defending us from what ?
The taliban ?
Weapons of mass destruction in the hands of dictators, that did't exist !
And if you look into it, you'll see most of the really horrible weapons like gas bombs etc, Saddam got from the good ole USA .

Amazing how after all this time, you still don't know my position on that...

But I didn't say you were under any threat.

Only that our presence allows YOUR politicians to divert resources from what would be spent on a military, to be spend instead on social programs.

We don't need you to protect us & if anything we need protection from you !

You don't pay attention do you?

I DON'T want our military in your stupid ass country.

Response to Ruling on Obamacare comes Thursday 2012-07-24 11:40:09

At 7/23/12 04:10 PM, morefngdbs wrote:
At 7/23/12 02:58 PM, adrshepard wrote: Yeah, an opinion piece from an alternative medica outlet posted in Al-Jazeera. That's really fair and unbiased.
If you go and re read my post ,the opinion piece is about a book , one you can go & look at . so don't be lazy you don't need everything handed to you.

The piece is authored by a columnist who writes for a self-described alternative media source (i.e. purely agenda-driven) and its posted in an obviously anti-American news organization. Any opinion piece should be read skeptically, this one especially.

I'm not going to buy the book, but I assume it builds its argument from this same stuff
http://rwer.wordpress.com/category/decline-of-the-usa/

These are all loaded statistics, like "hospital beds per capita." We should be aiming for fewer hospital beds, not more; inpatient procedures are huge expenses that drive up costs. For the past decade, health organizations have been trying to provide as much outpatient (no overnight stay) care as possible because its so much cheaper and can be just as effective.

Or take a look at the comment in "practicing physicians per capita." He nails it. What is a practicing physician? Does the survey take account of secondary providers like nurse practitioners?

Just what exactly are those "8" indicators that the US fails at? It doesn't say.

And don't you find it interesting that the author would use sideways statistics like "beds per capita" to argue that we're in decline when information on health outcomes is readily available? Could it be because the health outcomes are much more attributable to the poor health choices Americans tend to make and not any failing in the healthcare system?

WHat usually isn't mentioned about societies with a more involved social system.
Particularly health care being a universal system. Isn't something government 'gives' you the working people have to pay for it.
So you are taxed & that pooled tax pays for everyone.
Seeing as we in western societies now live much longer, getting people healthy & back to being productive is less expensive than raising them from infancy.

I'll try to piece together an argument from these incoherent sentence fragments.

The so-called healthcare crisis has almost nothing to do with worker productivity. It has everything to do with the cost of managing chronic conditions and their complications. Rising insurance premiums (due in large part to rising overall healthcare costs) are far more of a threat to businesses than excessive absenteeism due to illness.

If you can pay for an enormous military, that can't even effectively take over a back water like Iraq even after 10 years ! it might be time to stop playing the war drum & start putting some of that massive military budget into infastructure & care of the American people...& not just some of them...all of them.

I've already explained this. Everyone can be cared for, they are simply choosing not to take advantage of it because they value their assets over their health.
And I swear to god if I hear one more person whine about "infrastructure..." as if we lived in Namibia or somewhere and only had dirt paths.

At 7/23/12 09:30 PM, BumFodder wrote:
lol this post completely embodies why people think Americans are stupid. In fact its so stupid I think hes trolling.

On the contrary; if you read my posts you'll learn something either from the facts I present or from the research you'll have to do to refute them.

Response to Ruling on Obamacare comes Thursday 2012-07-25 10:51:41

At 7/24/12 11:40 AM, adrshepard wrote:
I'm not going to buy the book, but I assume it builds its argument from this same stuff
http://rwer.wordpress.com/category/decline-of-the-usa/

These are all loaded statistics, like "hospital beds per capita." We should be aiming for fewer hospital beds, not more; inpatient procedures are huge expenses that drive up costs.

;;;
I just had an "inpatient heart proceedure" yesterday. I was in the hospital for 13 hours, do you know where they put me ? in a fucking hospital bed you stund moron ! They don't make you sit in a chair & they say they can do 25 proceedures in a day, that's how many they do so all 25 patients are called & arrive at the hospital at the same time, people recover at different rates. Some times an emergency case happens & that's been taken into statistical account & they deal with it if & as it arrises.
Oh ,yeah my dye test, heart pressure tests -both sides- meals, drugs , nursing care etc. cost to me $0.00 (that's right zero dollars & zero cents....although to be fair I paid $13.00 for an all day parking pass !)

Or take a look at the comment in "practicing physicians per capita." He nails it. What is a practicing physician? Does the survey take account of secondary providers like nurse practitioners?

Just what exactly are those "8" indicators that the US fails at? It doesn't say.

; read the book !

More involved like what a self perpetuating government who's sole responsibility is to ensure its own survival & fuck the citizens its suppose to serve ?
When government becomes self serving, its way past time for a change/revolution & the existence of your country is a direct result of that principal.

I'll try to piece together an argument from these incoherent sentence fragments.

; yawn , no rebuttal required there , your entire post is IMO exactly the same drivel

Rising insurance premiums (due in large part to rising overall healthcare costs) are far more of a threat to businesses than excessive absenteeism due to illness.

;;;
Are you kidding me & trying to fool everyone else ????
ITs all ABOUT PROFITS BABY ! Insurance companies don't fucking care about people ...THEY CARE ABOUT PROFITS ! To have your government mandating a system that makes people pay insurance companies or pay a tax IS ALL ABOUT PROFITS ....Sweet blistering jesus how stupid & brainwashed can you possibly be to think its anything but about profit , and the Insurance lobbiests can only realise that by raping workers & businesses.... fucking one without screwing the other cuts into the PROFIT MARGIN !

I've already explained this. Everyone can be cared for, they are simply choosing not to take advantage of it because they value their assets over their health.

One shouldn't have to go bankrupt in a so called leading democratic society to stay alive !

And I swear to god if I hear one more person whine about "infrastructure..." as if we lived in Namibia or somewhere and only had dirt paths.

Driven from say the Huston airport to downtown lately ? looks like an abandoned war zone in may areas ! Your careful research for rebutting anyone has just turned to the rhetoric you claim we all use ... very amusing.

At 7/23/12 09:30 PM, BumFodder wrote:
On the contrary; if you read my posts you'll learn something either from the facts I present or from the research you'll have to do to refute them.

;;;
typical American head up arse comment there Ard.... (sometimes confused with head in sand ! )
also know as going through life with blinders or rose coloured glasses on !

Response to Ruling on Obamacare comes Thursday 2012-07-25 11:47:06

At 7/24/12 11:40 AM, adrshepard wrote:

;;; Another "opinion piece...not so Obscure
http://www.24hgold.com/english/news-gold-silver--it-s-spread ing--us-census-reports-nearly-100-million-poor-in-america.as px?article=3992657338G10020&redirect=false&contributor=Mac+S lavo

Here's the Utube link so you don't have to read the above link !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-RPL82yCEc&feature=player_em bedded

;;;;
Seems people can't even afford to feed themselves !
But even the starving can .....Thank God your military mighty war machines are still well funded ~;)

Response to Ruling on Obamacare comes Thursday 2012-07-26 23:29:50

At 7/25/12 10:51 AM, morefngdbs wrote:
I just had an "inpatient heart proceedure" yesterday. I was in the hospital for 13 hours, do you know where they put me ? in a fucking hospital bed you stund moron ! They don't make you sit in a chair & they say they can do 25 proceedures in a day, that's how many they do so all 25 patients are called & arrive at the hospital at the same time, people recover at different rates.

I have no idea what you're rambling on about. All I said is that having a lot more hospital beds per capita doesn't really mean anything, and can in fact be a negative indicator. You didn't dispute this.

; read the book !

You read it, why don't you tell me what it says already?

More involved like what a self perpetuating government who's sole responsibility is to ensure its own survival & fuck the citizens its suppose to serve ?
When government becomes self serving, its way past time for a change/revolution & the existence of your country is a direct result of that principal.

What the hell are you talking about? What makes you think the US government is self-serving and is fucking its citizens? Because some people have to suffer the indignity of Medicaid?

Are you kidding me & trying to fool everyone else ????
ITs all ABOUT PROFITS BABY ! Insurance companies don't fucking care about people ...THEY CARE ABOUT PROFITS ! To have your government mandating a system that makes people pay insurance companies or pay a tax IS ALL ABOUT PROFITS ....Sweet blistering jesus how stupid & brainwashed can you possibly be to think its anything but about profit , and the Insurance lobbiests can only realise that by raping workers & businesses.... fucking one without screwing the other cuts into the PROFIT MARGIN

And it all comes out, this conspiratorial nonsense about "BIG BUSINESS" coming to get us. Let me tell you something: The health insurance industry is not that profitable, and the healthcare law will make it less so.
http://mjperry.blogspot.com/2010/02/health-insurance-compani es-rank-88-by.html
They have about a 3% profit margin overall, which is actually below average. The healthcare law takes that further by mandating the budget structure of health insurance companies, requiring that 80% or so of all revenue be used to cover patient care. Add that to the fact that the fee for not buying insurance doesn't equal the cost of an insurance policy for several years after the insurance-tightening measures (kids staying on parent's policy until 26, mandatory policy acceptance, no termination due to health changes) kick in, and things do not look great for health insurance companies.

One shouldn't have to go bankrupt in a so called leading democratic society to stay alive !

Your opinion. Your entitlement-driven, narcissist, historically ignorant opinion.

Driven from say the Huston airport to downtown lately ? looks like an abandoned war zone in may areas ! Your careful research for rebutting anyone has just turned to the rhetoric you claim we all use ... very amusing.

Would that be the interstate 45? Or Route US-59?
They both look like pretty normal highways to me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1eNDDIMbDg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hj1zHJt4Rj8

Of course, if you can find footage or images showing it to be a warzone, I'd love to see them. You may have to do a little research.

Response to Ruling on Obamacare comes Thursday 2012-12-01 15:06:45

At 7/15/12 05:55 AM, Feoric wrote:
the federal government of the united states is the sovereign issuer of a fiat currency.

Correct.Will add to that Debased worthless Fiat currency to boot.

they can literally never default on any obligations they have denominated in us dollars.
Perhaps but what happens when other countries start to cut off the US ?

we can literally stop 'increasing the debt' by voting not to

LOL not under a Republic as you choose Obama to make that call for you. You gave up the right to have a voice when you voted in your Republic.
and still continue with business as usual by simply making deposits into bank accounts.
Actually the only way to stop inflation is if everyone pulled out there money from there bank accounts and investments etc. This would be seen as a public awakening and a peaceful resistance to the oppressive oligarchy.

the reason why this is a bad idea is that us government debt is not a liability: it's an asset to millions of people in the form of pensions and treasury investments.

Might be true for the baby boomers but what about the rest ?

apparently it's a very popular one, too, since people have been buying bonds with interest rates at an all time low for the last 3 years.

People are also very stupid as they are basing there security on fiat and governmental IOUs not mathematically sound guarantees.

BBS Signature