00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Allthingz2020 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Emulators?

1,095 Views | 13 Replies

Emulators? 2012-06-24 16:37:15

So I was wondering how long does it (usually) take for someone to develop emulators based on new hardware because the Dolphin emulator 3.0 works perfectly if not for a few bugs and PCSX2 is not far behind, those programs have had 11 years of development behind them (counting from the beginning of the generation) and i'm very interested in when wee'd typically see a new emulator project pop up.

Response to Emulators? 2012-06-24 18:04:31

Well there are no working Ps3 or Xbox emulators yet...

Response to Emulators? 2012-06-24 18:12:14

At 6/24/12 06:04 PM, argile wrote: Well there are no working Ps3 or Xbox emulators yet...

Thats because no one need to make one

comment pls | follow pls | aka FishType1

BBS Signature

Response to Emulators? 2012-06-24 18:17:19

At 6/24/12 06:12 PM, BumFodder wrote:
At 6/24/12 06:04 PM, argile wrote: Well there are no working Ps3 or Xbox emulators yet...
Thats because no one need to make one

And Supposedly because of Architecture of the systems themselves you'd need a powerful rig.

Response to Emulators? 2012-06-24 18:36:17

It'll be 20 years before we see 1 single fully working emulator for either.

Shit, we haven't even fully gotten PS2 emulation down.

At 6/24/12 06:17 PM, argile wrote: And Supposedly because of Architecture of the systems themselves you'd need a powerful rig.

You'd need a monstrously powerful rig. There are some SNES games that are hard for PCs to play.

This article goes into more depth.

"I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act." ~ Jaime Lannister

BBS Signature

Response to Emulators? 2012-06-24 22:23:27

Even though there can be a few game emulators that work very well, there won't be a fully 100% working emulator...ever.

If you are reading this useless signature, you have been consumed by the internet.

You lose.

Response to Emulators? 2012-06-25 16:38:01

At 6/24/12 10:23 PM, pacman1755 wrote: Even though there can be a few game emulators that work very well, there won't be a fully 100% working emulator...ever.

well this is zelda wind waker on my PC, i think the reason why it works so well on my PC is because the Gamecube used an ATI graphics card and my card is also ATI

Response to Emulators? 2012-06-25 16:40:15

At 6/25/12 04:38 PM, M-Maher wrote:
At 6/24/12 10:23 PM, pacman1755 wrote: Even though there can be a few game emulators that work very well, there won't be a fully 100% working emulator...ever.
well this is zelda wind waker on my PC, i think the reason why it works so well on my PC is because the Gamecube used an ATI graphics card and my card is also ATI

i forgot this

Emulators?

Response to Emulators? 2012-06-25 16:43:28

the emulators i have managed to run properly :

nes
snes
sega gen
n64
mame (arcade)
gameboy color

also, I was able to play them with an Xbox360 controller on my computer by downloading a driver (Xbox controllers have a USB port)

" Women are dumb sheep who would rather fuck a Silverback than Einstein." - EisUndStahl

BBS Signature

Response to Emulators? 2012-06-26 02:50:22

I can run the following emulators fine:
epsxe (PS emulator)

haven't figured out how to get the joy sticks on an xbox controller to work with this

desmume (DS emulator)

can experience framerate drops a week or 2 after you download it, so be careful

visual boy advance (emulator that works with GB, GBC, and GBA games)

It even adjusts the window size depending on the game being played

pcsx2 (PS2 emulator)

configuration settings are kinda hard to figure out, and even then only certain games play properly. I'm just lucky I got it to play Yu-Gi-Oh: Duelist of the Roses right without it freezing or glitching up on me

Twitter | Deviant Art | Steam | Gamertag: Eddmario

Official MLP: FIM crew. | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to Emulators? 2012-06-26 05:41:45

The emulators ive gotten to work best so far are:
Project 64(N64 emulator)
Visual Boy Advance(GBA/GBC/GB emulator)
ZSNES(SNES emulator)
NEStopia(NES emulator)
There are also a few others ive tried, but dont use as often, they are:
SNES9x(SNES emulator). Havent used this one as much, but it seems to run fine
NullDC(Dreamcast emulator). Also havent used this as much. Only tried running one game on it, and it worked fine, so it seems to be ok, but im not 100% on it
Dolphin(Gamecube/Wii emulator). So far ive only gotten one game to work on it, but that could also be the fault of some of the roms ive tried. Still though, im pretty sure it cant run most games, i think its still being worked on actually, but im not holding my breath for this one. Kinda sad though, since the Gamecube days are finally dying out, i was looking forward to Gamecube emulation.

Response to Emulators? 2012-06-28 18:23:28

anyone tried using MAME? its good but needs a vaster library of games

Response to Emulators? 2012-06-29 08:50:51

At 6/28/12 06:23 PM, M-Maher wrote: anyone tried using MAME? its good but needs a vaster library of games

Mame's pretty good but they need to find the working boards to be dumped first emulate those machines properly. It's dissapointing to play through the middle of Time Crisis when you're around stage 4 and this Helicopter glitch makes it impossible go beyond that point because there s no way to damage it.

Response to Emulators? 2012-06-29 14:13:01

At 6/28/12 06:23 PM, M-Maher wrote: anyone tried using MAME? its good but needs a vaster library of games

Yeah, but if you get Killer Instinct 1 and 2 Arcade for Mame, shit is fucking brutal.

" Women are dumb sheep who would rather fuck a Silverback than Einstein." - EisUndStahl

BBS Signature