00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Grh96 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Archiving Game Jams

22,216 Views | 46 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Archiving Game Jams 2012-06-20 13:38:07

At 6/20/12 01:25 PM, NoLanLabs wrote:
At 6/20/12 12:55 PM, TomFulp wrote: In other news the Ludum Dare collection is a lot more fleshed out today.
I can't seem to get into the list of all the Ludum Dares from that page

Try now.

Response to Archiving Game Jams 2012-06-20 13:55:06

At 6/19/12 03:01 PM, TomFulp wrote: Elephant in the room: Yes, it's a big bummer that Forsaken City didn't reach its Kickstarter goal. Hopefully this isn't the last we hear of this project; I like to think everything has a way of working out and I know Studio Firelight is serious about making it happen.

Shucks, NOW I have $11,622 to blow. =P

That sucks that they didn't raise their funding, but its like they said, they'd try it again in the future. Hopefully next time it won't it'll meet whatever goals they have. As for game jam, I'm totes stoked for it,

Fudge dapping.

Response to Archiving Game Jams 2012-06-20 14:02:27

Oh GOD Im soo excited about the Game Jams!

Response to Archiving Game Jams 2012-06-20 18:50:31

At 6/20/12 01:55 PM, Forte wrote:
At 6/19/12 03:01 PM, TomFulp wrote: Elephant in the room: Yes, it's a big bummer that Forsaken City didn't reach its Kickstarter goal. Hopefully this isn't the last we hear of this project; I like to think everything has a way of working out and I know Studio Firelight is serious about making it happen.
Shucks, NOW I have $11,622 to blow. =P

That sucks that they didn't raise their funding, but its like they said, they'd try it again in the future. Hopefully next time it won't it'll meet whatever goals they have. As for game jam, I'm totes stoked for it,

Its really dissapointing :(. But i think a project like that wouldnt be shut down that easily, i like to think that *The forsaken city* is only delayed :D. Yay! its my first time in game jam, i hope i make a good performance :P

Only the champions and winners click the link :P

BBS Signature

Response to Archiving Game Jams 2012-06-20 21:54:12

Oh well. Hopefully the project "Forsaken City" will be done. I remember the old days of Newgrounds (2006-2007), back when I was a frequent visitor. The website was more active back in 2007 than in 2012. With the release of the project "Forsaken City", we could get the website active just like from 2003-2009. Or even better, the most active it has ever been in history.

Response to Archiving Game Jams 2012-06-20 21:54:50

I WANT TO DELETE SOME OF MY AUDIO, WHY THE HECK WOULD YOU NOT GIVE US THE OPTION TO DELETE OUR AUDIO??!!!

Response to Archiving Game Jams 2012-06-20 22:03:02

GAME JAAAAAAAM!

Response to Archiving Game Jams 2012-06-20 22:19:08

At 6/20/12 09:54 PM, Dreamwave wrote: I WANT TO DELETE SOME OF MY AUDIO, WHY THE HECK WOULD YOU NOT GIVE US THE OPTION TO DELETE OUR AUDIO??!!!

Go here: Audio portal cleanup, or just Pm an audio mod.

Only the champions and winners click the link :P

BBS Signature

Response to Archiving Game Jams 2012-06-21 00:56:01

There's no reason for them to need 30k for a flash series.

Besides, the plot sounded retarded.

Response to Archiving Game Jams 2012-06-21 01:24:41

At 6/21/12 12:56 AM, Exile wrote: There's no reason for them to need 30k for a flash series.

It's not a Flash series, it's a live-action film.

Also, they're incorporating CG animation and hiring pro animators for the job.

It's a big project, buddy.

Response to Archiving Game Jams 2012-06-21 06:44:49

At 6/21/12 01:24 AM, T3XT wrote:
At 6/21/12 12:56 AM, Exile wrote: There's no reason for them to need 30k for a flash series.

It's not a Flash series, it's a live-action film.

Also, they're incorporating CG animation and hiring pro animators for the job.

It's a big project, buddy.

It's precisely because people like us are fighting over whether we should fund it or not that Eiomaru's project didn't get through. I'm sorry, but what sets apart a project in the eyes of the people? They could've been much less spoilerific with the sub-plots than we expect, mainly because the project is in progress. A good main plot, tied in with solid themes, would win the day. We don't even know whether they had them to begin with, and we could've given them a chance, but what did we do? We just fought. Some people pledged, and at least that helped.

It makes me sick to the stomach when people do what they did. The people hosting the project are like you and me. They want to see a project of theirs take off. Chances are they are like a lot of us on this site: they couldn't care less about mainstream work, and they want to do something better.

Funding artists' projects is about risk. In many cases we won't know what the final result is until after we've funded them, until after the first part of it is up. What kind of attitude are we going to take, if that's the case? Optimism, that the project will be a blast? Pessimism?

A lot of people have to think about their actions towards the project, and I'm leaving my rant at that.

Response to Archiving Game Jams 2012-06-21 09:29:45

What I'd like to see in an update is an optional email notification for various things. For whenever I'm not on NG but have connection to the interweb such as a smart phone. Things like favorited authors, PMs, notifications about submitted materials, etc. That would be totally fly!

A journey of a thousand miles begins with complaining

Response to Archiving Game Jams 2012-06-21 11:28:45

It'd be cool to see the Power of Three event get some love on the Game Jams page. Currently it looks like the page is completely broken. :'(

http://www.newgrounds.com/powerofthree2009/
http://www.newgrounds.com/powerofthree/
http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1060106

Response to Archiving Game Jams 2012-06-21 11:57:21

At 6/21/12 11:28 AM, ClickShake wrote: It'd be cool to see the Power of Three event get some love on the Game Jams page. Currently it looks like the page is completely broken. :'(

http://www.newgrounds.com/powerofthree2009/
http://www.newgrounds.com/powerofthree/
http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1060106

I just set up a new page using the collection system:

http://www.newgrounds.com/collection/powerofthree2009

Let me know if I missed any games that resulted from Po3, including games such as Toss the Turtle that resulted from teams formed during Po3!

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Archiving Game Jams 2012-06-21 22:30:38

Hey guys!

We posted a preliminary response about the kickStarter! We love that you guys were supportive and even those that weren't were at least intrigued enough to talk about it. Head over to our kickstarter and read up on the newest update. We're working on our big update on "what's next". Thanks again guys! Newgrounds for life!

-Chase :D

Response to Archiving Game Jams 2012-06-22 16:27:53

see i told you it would not happen mr.fulp im sorry i wish i had some money for it but i was broke then and i still am

Response to Archiving Game Jams 2012-06-23 20:27:24

How about trying again, but with a lower amount as the goal?

Find me on Facebook!