00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Danielr1203 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

This is Your Final Chance.

53,250 Views | 165 Replies
Respond to this Topic

This is Your Final Chance. 2012-06-14 12:51:36

Please read this post by Eiomaru about his life on NG and their attempts to get Newgrounds: The Forsaken City off the ground.

The Kickstarter is now at $12,733; four days remain to raise another $17,267.

Please help spread the word about the Forsaken City Kickstarter so we can make a final push!

Forsaken City is a 9 episode series that melds live action, animation and animatronics to tell an epic story in the NG universe. 253 people have already chipped in. We could need upwards to 1000 more. Can you be one of them?

The success of this project could inspire more amazing, exclusive, NG crowd-funded works in the future. If you've been enjoying free content for any of the past 17 years of NG, this is one of those opportunities to help pay it forward.

Pass this along to your friends. Every dollar helps towards the goal.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to This is Your Final Chance. 2012-06-14 12:56:57

I'm broke, I'd donate if I could.

Ecchi first, ask questions never.

BBS Signature

Response to This is Your Final Chance. 2012-06-14 12:57:06

I would love love LOVE to donate but I need the money badly now.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to This is Your Final Chance. 2012-06-14 13:03:11

I already gave you $15 :3

NO EXCEPTIONS.

Response to This is Your Final Chance. 2012-06-14 13:10:51

Already donated quite an amount, Tom. I too am hoping this somehow gets a motherload out of nowhere :<

BBS Signature

Response to This is Your Final Chance. 2012-06-14 13:16:57

Yeah; it doesn't help much when you consider most of the people who use this website enough to care about projects like this are out of money, a job, and / or both. Me included; the job I have only just pays for my basic day to day survival and nothing else.

Yes, there are people on here who could fill the gap without really noticing the loss of money, but let's face it: Rich people don't get rich by being altruistic. If you want this to happen, you need to find those able to make the ends meet themselves, and convince them to help. Probably by offering something more than a DVD if it comes out (think: VC investments / a say in where the series goes etc.).

I think you need to be a bit more direct if you want to generate that much money in such a short time. I could badger people all I like; it won't do much good. But the creator of Newgrounds, on the other hand... ;)

Response to This is Your Final Chance. 2012-06-14 13:17:52

I'm ever so poor :(

Response to This is Your Final Chance. 2012-06-14 13:18:47

Man this shit looks bleak. I guess our only hope is to ask GameJunkie if he'd be willing to donate a lot of cash from his millions and millions of dollars. That's assuming he actually has that much and isn't just pulling all of our legs.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to This is Your Final Chance. 2012-06-14 13:24:03

So broke! I've got like $100 to my name!

Still decomposing,

Rotting Corpse

BBS Signature

Response to This is Your Final Chance. 2012-06-14 13:30:56

Donated 10$ hopefully this will work out amirite.

i came, i saw, i lold

Response to This is Your Final Chance. 2012-06-14 13:32:14

The project looks promising but a bit far-sighted. They should pack it up for now and come back with a smaller budget and/or a bigger portfolio later on.

I chipped in already, but a defeat's a defeat.

(If this project does get funded I will completely eat my words and bow down to you all.)

THE NEWGROUNDS PODCAST

Sometimes, it would rain men. "Hallelujah!" we would cry. Thousands were killed.

Response to This is Your Final Chance. 2012-06-14 13:34:24

Y U NO DONATE!?

Response to This is Your Final Chance. 2012-06-14 13:35:44

Pretty sure the dole office would not approve me spending my JSA on this.

Response to This is Your Final Chance. 2012-06-14 13:57:51

Upped my pledge to an uncomfortably large $80.

Response to This is Your Final Chance. 2012-06-14 14:05:54

Do I have money? No. And I wouldn't trust these guys with $30,000 when they really don't have a portfolio to show for it.

Maybe next time it would be wise to have a much smaller-scale Kickstarter - say, a few thousand dollars. Use that money to produce a pilot episode, and if it goes down well, then go ahead with a full series: I can't justify donating money to some unknowns who seem to be producing a standard, run-of-the-mill action film using NewGrounds' name when there's not really much evidence of the group's prior work or previous experience.

Response to This is Your Final Chance. 2012-06-14 14:24:14

There. I increased my amount by a bit. There's no humanly way possible for me to give more

EGB || Sig by EmmaVolt

BBS Signature

Response to This is Your Final Chance. 2012-06-14 14:24:38

I did the absolute best I could. If I had the money I'd donate all the rest of the funds. I told all my friends and got nothing. I wish this would happen, but at this point we need a bloody miracle.

Response to This is Your Final Chance. 2012-06-14 14:45:30

im sorry mr.fulp but this wil not happen i would like to donate but im only 13

Response to This is Your Final Chance. 2012-06-14 15:03:00

I'm broke, but what is that silly deadline doing there? Why not just give us more time...?

Response to This is Your Final Chance. 2012-06-14 15:06:21

I would really enjoy to see this project come to fruition. It's looking rather grim and I don't think it'll pass because it's possible the right eyes haven't seen it yet. The only tragedy in this entire thing isn't the fact that it won't be made, it'll be if the NG team doesn't try again or gives up because they were let down by the Kickstarter process.

As some other post have mentioned, I've seen dumber shit happen and be successful on Kickstarter and NG isn't exactly mainstream. (I'd rather die than see NG become this insanely popular thing for a month)

I don't believe in destiny or any of that stupid crap but at the end of the day if this project is meant to happen, it'll happen. Things like that ALWAYS fall into place and hey if things don't fall into place, there will always be next time!

Response to This is Your Final Chance. 2012-06-14 15:07:26

Too young :/ I don't have any way to donate... or any money for that matter. I wish this project a lot of luck! Maybe, they can start up another kickstarter or extend this one :| Good luck guys!

Current Trophies:

Weekly Fourth Place for Blast the Bunny 2

~SketchistGames :P

Response to This is Your Final Chance. 2012-06-14 15:08:03

I would put in all I could if I wasn't in such a bad spot right now. Maybe if you try again later this year or next year I'll be able to put in a good amount.

Response to This is Your Final Chance. 2012-06-14 15:37:55

At 6/14/12 02:45 PM, aj3009 wrote: im sorry mr.fulp but this wil not happen i would like to donate but im only 13

Even donating a dollar or two will help them.

play Etehfowr Against

BBS Signature

Response to This is Your Final Chance. 2012-06-14 15:51:09

i can pledge a hundred. just say how

Response to This is Your Final Chance. 2012-06-14 16:12:37

i wish i knew rich people... :(
i've donated 100usd already, wish i could do more. :(

Wakka wakka

Response to This is Your Final Chance. 2012-06-14 16:13:01

Is there a paypal link? �

Response to This is Your Final Chance. 2012-06-14 16:16:37

Maybe you should extend the date that the money is due by. I would like to see this become a reality and you're already halfway there. 12k is no small feat from the stingy community of newgrounds.

Response to This is Your Final Chance. 2012-06-14 16:19:34

Can I donate $50 of my NG store credit!?

If so, please do!

<3

BBS Signature

Response to This is Your Final Chance. 2012-06-14 16:30:30

Pwnt

This is Your Final Chance.

why would you delete my forum sig i barely even fucking use this shitty website anymore you sneaky cunt idiot

BBS Signature

Response to This is Your Final Chance. 2012-06-14 16:47:00

In their second update video why is every sentence chocked full of jumpcuts. it's edited crazy amount I don't think we're getting to hear what they're actually saying//