00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Matilly just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Lincoln the Vampire Hunter?

1,530 Views | 24 Replies

Lincoln the Vampire Hunter? 2012-05-29 21:24:27

Saw the commercial for that upcoming movie.

Apparently, Abraham Lincoln hunts vampires...

Seriously, the movie industry seems to have gotten pretty random nowadays. Next thing you'll know, John F. Kennedy is a secret spy with a code name "JFK", has a license to kill, sleeps with countless women, and was a naval officer during WW2.

Looks at the latter part of the sentence.

Wait a minute...

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

Response to Lincoln the Vampire Hunter? 2012-05-29 21:31:01

It's based on the book of the same name that came out 2 years ago, I'm pretty excited to see it.

"As I'm sure you're aware it is full of silhouettes of girls. The one on the M looks like she has a dick, just saiyan." -Shade-

BBS Signature

Response to Lincoln the Vampire Hunter? 2012-05-29 21:31:04

Hollywood is running out of ideas...

XBL Gamertag: Cpt D3FAULT | PSN ID: SNEAKYGAMEBOY | GAMING SINCE 2002 ;D

BBS Signature

Response to Lincoln the Vampire Hunter? 2012-05-29 21:33:18

Such respect U.S has for one of its best presidents.

Hey man, hows it goin?

BBS Signature

Response to Lincoln the Vampire Hunter? 2012-05-29 21:56:55

At 5/29/12 09:33 PM, SigmaNoob wrote: Such respect U.S has for one of its best presidents.

On the bright side, they did made Lincoln into a badass. So it a twisted way, Abraham Lincoln has experienced a historical hero upgrade.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to Lincoln the Vampire Hunter? 2012-05-29 21:59:29

They almost cast Nicholas Cage to play Lincoln. That would have been a staggering mistake.

Response to Lincoln the Vampire Hunter? 2012-05-29 22:26:32

At 5/29/12 10:05 PM, Skaren wrote:
At 5/29/12 09:59 PM, DirtyMeatball wrote: They almost cast Nicholas Cage to play Lincoln. That would have been a staggering mistake.

Get on Skype, fag.

Can't, I slept like 4 hours last night before school and now I have to go to bed soon so I can have some sleeps and my brain doesn't die.

Response to Lincoln the Vampire Hunter? 2012-05-29 22:27:47

At 5/29/12 10:26 PM, DirtyMeatball wrote:
Can't, I slept like 4 hours last night before school and now I have to go to bed soon so I can have some sleeps and my brain doesn't die.

Pussy.

Naw, I'm just kidding. LOVE YA!

"Plz don't call NASA on me I'm afraid of astronauts dude" - DJ-Ri (2015)

BBS Signature

Response to Lincoln the Vampire Hunter? 2012-05-30 04:57:33

At 5/29/12 09:31 PM, SneakyGameBoy wrote: Hollywood is running out of ideas...

Except it's based off a book....

We're meat and that's it. So lets fuck it, fuck it, fuck it.

Minecraft: JuJitsuLipShitz

BBS Signature

Response to Lincoln the Vampire Hunter? 2012-05-30 05:14:10

At 5/30/12 05:07 AM, Sensationalism wrote: Sounds like it's time to pull out the old pipe and go to the movies.

I get what you mean.
PIPES!

Lincoln the Vampire Hunter?

We're meat and that's it. So lets fuck it, fuck it, fuck it.

Minecraft: JuJitsuLipShitz

BBS Signature

Response to Lincoln the Vampire Hunter? 2012-05-30 06:49:03

I would love to see a JFK spy movie. And, I am just surprised it has no Johnny Depp in there. Since, it's a Tim Burton film.

| Steam | NoN bbs | formerly steelchair

BBS Signature

Response to Lincoln the Vampire Hunter? 2012-05-30 09:24:04

At 5/30/12 06:49 AM, SteelChair wrote: I would love to see a JFK spy movie. And, I am just surprised it has no Johnny Depp in there. Since, it's a Tim Burton film.

Burton's just producing it I believe, so that's why no Depp. The same guy who directed Nightwatch, Daywatch, and Wanted is directing this one.

Response to Lincoln the Vampire Hunter? 2012-05-30 09:29:27

Just saw the Print ads. I think it's cool!

Response to Lincoln the Vampire Hunter? 2012-05-30 10:12:48

I really do think that Hollywood ran out of ideas years ago, particularly when they started to make movies out of board games now. {Battleship, oh God the horror.}

But in some way, I kind of want to see this, seeing Lincoln become a badass vampire slayer a la Vampire Hunter D. Here's also hoping that these vampires don't sparkle like a certain other wannabe vampire.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to Lincoln the Vampire Hunter? 2012-05-30 12:03:57

That's NOTHING. There was a movie made called "Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter", which you can probably guess what it was about. Even worse, there was this one comic book about JOHN MCCAIN being a vampire hunter. Well, it wasn't exactly vampires, it was zombies or something. Having Abraham Lincoln as a vampire hunter is mild compared to what some of these other writer wackos have contributed to us.

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

Response to Lincoln the Vampire Hunter? 2012-05-30 13:23:05

The book was good, but will Hollywood ruin the film? I will watch it to find out.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Lincoln the Vampire Hunter? 2012-05-30 15:48:15

At 5/30/12 06:49 AM, SteelChair wrote: I would love to see a JFK spy movie. And, I am just surprised it has no Johnny Depp in there. Since, it's a Tim Burton film.

That would have been interesting.

I even created a script for the trailer on my user page, feel free to check it out.

When you think about it, their lives does kind of parallel to each other with several exceptions. Aside from these, they both fought against communism, dealt with threat to the world (For JFK, Cuban Missile Crisis), made mistakes, slept with tons of women, and both served in the NAVY during WW2.

Also they both had sniper scopes following them.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to Lincoln the Vampire Hunter? 2012-05-30 15:53:49

At 5/29/12 10:05 PM, Skaren wrote:
At 5/29/12 09:59 PM, DirtyMeatball wrote: They almost cast Nicholas Cage to play Lincoln. That would have been a staggering mistake.
That would have been awful. I'm actually going to see that movie, I think.

I would kill to see that, then probably kill myself because I saw it.

BLM | ANTIFA

Life's a performance, so give it your all like it's your last show.

MINDCHAMBER DREW THE CAST FOR MY GAME WOW

BBS Signature

Response to Lincoln the Vampire Hunter? 2012-05-30 15:55:18

Comes out the day my classes end for the summer. Obviously, I was fated to see this movie on day one.

"lol what the fuck that's the best grammar nazi I've ever seen"-Sause, referring to me

"learn to suck some good dick. itll come in handy." -Luis on living in San Francisco

Response to Lincoln the Vampire Hunter? 2012-05-30 16:12:59

At 5/29/12 09:24 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote:
Seriously, the movie industry seems to have gotten pretty random nowadays.

Do a little digging, and you'll find that it was first a book, my friend.

Response to Lincoln the Vampire Hunter? 2012-05-30 16:14:58

I'm excited, I want to see this movie. I could learn a little bit about history from this documentary about Lincoln's life.

Ecchi first, ask questions never.

BBS Signature

Response to Lincoln the Vampire Hunter? 2012-05-30 16:54:54

At 5/30/12 04:44 PM, Rummy0 wrote:
It's a book you stupid cunt...

I think he means, though I may be stretching it, that Hollywood should come up with its own ideas instead of adapting books? That's what some people say anyway.

BLM | ANTIFA

Life's a performance, so give it your all like it's your last show.

MINDCHAMBER DREW THE CAST FOR MY GAME WOW

BBS Signature

Response to Lincoln the Vampire Hunter? 2012-05-30 17:35:16

At 5/30/12 04:54 PM, Ryanson wrote:
At 5/30/12 04:44 PM, Rummy0 wrote:
It's a book you stupid cunt...
I think he means, though I may be stretching it, that Hollywood should come up with its own ideas instead of adapting books? That's what some people say anyway.

Hollywood has always adapted other materials. There's a whole Oscar just for that.That being said, accepting that this movie is not a documentary and untwisting my panties, I think this flick will be awesome.

I have nothing against people who can use pot and lead a productive life. It's these sanctimonius hippies that make me wish I was a riot cop in the 60's

BBS Signature

Response to Lincoln the Vampire Hunter? 2012-05-30 19:09:37

At 5/29/12 09:24 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote: Saw the commercial for that upcoming movie.

I heard it was pretty good, the visuals on the comercial look pretty sharp aswell.

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to Lincoln the Vampire Hunter? 2012-06-05 12:08:11

An idea like this can probably work. Heck, really ANY idea can be done well if it has smart people working on it. It seems like this would probably work more if it was done for laughs and wasn't taken seriously. Speaking of comic books, they made an "Archie Meets The Punisher" comic, but most people say it's good, because the people who made it knew it was ridiculous and wasn't meant to be taken seriously. Some other stuff is just good, but if everyone's in a good mood about it, it can be enjoyable.

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock