00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

RunicPixels just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Beginner Flash Animation Advice

700 Views | 1 Reply
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Beginner Flash Animation Advice 2012-05-28 11:13:56

I've just started animating in flash, and I'd like some advice about how to animate characters.

I'm trying to animate the character's head as a nested movie clip animation, so that I can have the head move around and stretch on the main timeline, while allowing me to animate the face easily.

However, I want to sync the character's head movements and facial expressions properly, but the movie clips don't play on the main timeline unless I enter "Test Scene" mode. Is there any way to get the nested animates to show themselves correctly on the main timeline while you are working on it? I've been looking around on Google and haven't been able to find exactly what I'm looking for.

Alternatively, is there a better way in general for animating a character's face and head movements independently?

Thanks! I hope this is the right forum to ask.

Response to Beginner Flash Animation Advice 2012-05-28 13:08:09

At 5/28/12 11:13 AM, grilledcheese100 wrote: I've just started animating in flash, and I'd like some advice about how to animate characters.

I'm trying to animate the character's head as a nested movie clip animation, so that I can have the head move around and stretch on the main timeline, while allowing me to animate the face easily.

However, I want to sync the character's head movements and facial expressions properly, but the movie clips don't play on the main timeline unless I enter "Test Scene" mode. Is there any way to get the nested animates to show themselves correctly on the main timeline while you are working on it? I've been looking around on Google and haven't been able to find exactly what I'm looking for.

Change it from a movieclip to a graphic, this make the animation within the symbol play on the main timeline, also make you sure you set it to loop or else it will just play once, you'll get the hang f it, all the setting changes are in the properties panel

Alternatively, is there a better way in general for animating a character's face and head movements independently?

You could just draw each frame