00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

problem

2,150 Views | 6 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

problem 2012-05-13 16:14:48

since the new ``patch`` on newgrounds, each time i download a song on newgrounds i dont get the name of the artist, of the album, .....
is this a problem of my computer or of newgrounds?

problem

Response to problem 2012-05-13 16:58:14

At 5/13/12 04:14 PM, nofriendzreject wrote: since the new ``patch`` on newgrounds, each time i download a song on newgrounds i dont get the name of the artist, of the album, .....
is this a problem of my computer or of newgrounds?

Are you talking about the info encoded into the song file? So when you put it into iTunes or something, the info will be auto-filled in? Because that would depend on how the artist packed the file, nothing with you or NG. That should be an easy fix, as long as you keep track of which files you downloaded.

Response to problem 2012-05-13 17:12:19

I get the same thing. I haven't downloaded anything recently so I hadn't noticed. Someone send liljim a bug report

Response to problem 2012-05-13 17:16:39

Mike changed it to this if I'm not mistaken - it's an intentional change. Now, the ID3 tags remain as they are. To be honest I prefer it how it was before.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to problem 2012-05-13 17:18:54

At 5/13/12 05:16 PM, Step wrote: Mike changed it to this if I'm not mistaken - it's an intentional change.

It looks fucking retarded. You should be able to change the metadata in the project page.

Response to problem 2012-05-13 17:23:14

Awww shucks, I feel special.

But on topic, yeah, the change was intentional. Why? I have no f'n idea. Still a lot of work that needs to be done on the AP, here's to hoping it doesn't take 5 years.

Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature

Response to problem 2012-05-15 09:34:50

At 5/15/12 09:25 AM, constromlie wrote: When I upload audio, I put ID on it ahead of time. Apparently one of my "fans" was awed when one of my tracks had a "Newgrounds Audio Portal" album artwork. I guess if you just add the info before you upload, no one else will have a problem.

I don't think adding the ID3-tags yourself will work. As far as I know Newgrounds always changes the tags, no matter what you made them before.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature