00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MagDeWarrior just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

deleting audio

2,378 Views | 11 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

deleting audio 2012-05-10 21:04:56

how do i delete audio submissions on the new newgrounds? i haven't been on my profile in a while

BBS Signature

Response to deleting audio 2012-05-10 21:08:02

You don't... The delete button wasn't ready for the redesign.

Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature

Response to deleting audio 2012-05-10 21:14:54

At 5/10/12 09:08 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: You don't... The delete button wasn't ready for the redesign.

damn this site is so flawed (at least audiowise) it isn't even funny

BBS Signature

Response to deleting audio 2012-05-12 07:52:34

At 5/10/12 09:14 PM, Flared24 wrote:
At 5/10/12 09:08 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: You don't... The delete button wasn't ready for the redesign.

Isn't the un-deletable submission in the same time an evidence of your autor rights on that submission, what if someone downloads your song, and later you delete it. What would happen if that same downloader uploads your song as his and you don't have that same submission later on that proves it is yours? (bad engrish sry :)

Response to deleting audio 2012-05-12 10:19:38

At 5/12/12 07:52 AM, Adriatic wrote:
At 5/10/12 09:14 PM, Flared24 wrote:
Isn't the un-deletable submission in the same time an evidence of your autor rights on that submission, what if someone downloads your song, and later you delete it. What would happen if that same downloader uploads your song as his and you don't have that same submission later on that proves it is yours? (bad engrish sry :)

If he really wants an old song removed, then I think he probably doesn't care about that.
Besides, what idiot would download a song from NG, then reupload it to NG?

Response to deleting audio 2012-05-12 10:44:02

If he really wants an old song removed, then I think he probably doesn't care about that.

I don't know, but for example I've seen a topic about some people selling downloaded newground material of other autors on bandcamp as their own.

Response to deleting audio 2012-05-12 11:58:30

At 5/12/12 10:44 AM, Adriatic wrote:
I don't know, but for example I've seen a topic about some people selling downloaded newground material of other autors on bandcamp as their own.

Thing is, just because the track is removed from NG doesn't mean it's removed from other sites. Bear in mind that quite a number of users here have Soundcloud, or YouTube, or Bandcamp. The first two are highly likely. Now if he's put it up on his profile, and his works are consistent in that they have a similar style, you can tell it's his. But if all the tracks on his profile are of one genre, with completely different styles, and if someone gets all confrontational about it, you'd know it's stealing.

The only reason why someone would want to remove it off Newgrounds is because of the CC-BY-SA licence, which some may not feel comfortable about. Some would prefer to have their tracks copyrighted. YouTube also has the option for you to post under CC-BY-SA (along with standard copyright), so there, you have choice. I mean, the track is going to surface somewhere along the original user's sites anyway, so really, I don't think we should be too fazed about dolts who post other people's tracks online and say it's theirs, because there's a fair chance someone else would have heard it elsewhere and catch the audio thief.

Response to deleting audio 2012-05-17 11:05:40

Dude, this sucks D; I want to delete a song too, the fuck is wrong with that?

Damn I didn't know I couldn't delete it till now, thats just stupid, o_o what kind of website doesn't let you delete whats yours? even facebook does, JAJASJD, no but seriously u.u

Response to deleting audio 2012-05-17 12:09:24

At 5/17/12 11:05 AM, bluebooblue wrote: Dude, this sucks D; I want to delete a song too, the fuck is wrong with that?

Damn I didn't know I couldn't delete it till now, thats just stupid, o_o what kind of website doesn't let you delete whats yours? even facebook does, JAJASJD, no but seriously u.u

What do you need deleted? I might be able to fast track the process for you, although I can't make any promises...

Response to deleting audio 2024-02-04 23:52:01

At 5/10/12 09:04 PM, Flared24 wrote: how do i delete audio submissions on the new newgrounds? i haven't been on my profile in a while

Response to deleting audio 2024-02-05 15:32:19

At 5/17/12 11:05 AM, bluebooblue wrote: Damn I didn't know I couldn't delete it till now, thats just stupid, o_o what kind of website doesn't let you delete whats yours? even facebook does, JAJASJD, no but seriously u.u

I swore there was an unpublish button, but wow, you're right. The only option in that case is to ask an audio mod, such as myself, to unpublish the track in question.

Your source for monthly music producer freebies here // Take My Cymbals // ALL my big sample projects, FREE

I do professional audio critique & commissions. Catch me on YT and X! If you got music, I'll playlist you!

BBS Signature

Response to deleting audio 2024-02-06 04:26:35

There actually is an an unpublish / delete option still, it's just hidden behind this lil cog button

iu_1158353_5504910.png

After you've unpublished a project you can mark it for deletion from there as well, though I'm afraid it's gonna be little solace to the people in 2012.