00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

FylypFimpossible just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

How to remove a song?

1,351 Views | 8 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

How to remove a song? 2012-05-10 10:02:52

I hate having to make a post for something so trivial, but I've searched everywhere and for some odd reason I can't find a delete song option! I'm in the process of selling the rights to one of my songs that's uploaded here, so I need to remove it asap.

Response to How to remove a song? 2012-05-10 10:05:17

At 5/10/12 10:02 AM, Jonah-B wrote: I hate having to make a post for something so trivial, but I've searched everywhere and for some odd reason I can't find a delete song option! I'm in the process of selling the rights to one of my songs that's uploaded here, so I need to remove it asap.

There is no way of deleting your tracks on NG since the redesign.

Response to How to remove a song? 2012-05-10 10:13:53

That's... uh.... strange. Is there a purpose for it? Is there a moderator I can pm to take it off for me? This is kind of important to me.

-Thanks

Response to How to remove a song? 2012-05-10 10:21:35

At 5/10/12 10:13 AM, Jonah-B wrote: That's... uh.... strange. Is there a purpose for it? Is there a moderator I can pm to take it off for me? This is kind of important to me.

-Thanks

It didn't make it to the redesign launch but the staff still plan on adding it in the near future. In the meantime, what you can do is edit the submission and replace it with a different MP3 file. If you REALLY need it completely removed from the site, PM me and I'll try and arrange for it to get deleted.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to How to remove a song? 2012-05-10 10:23:32

Ok. Thank you both for your help. I'm glad to hear that they're planning on adding it as that's a pretty important feature to leave out! I'll just replace the MP3 in the meantime.

Response to How to remove a song? 2012-05-10 10:24:38

It shouldn't be a problem for you to make a preview of the track and upload it instead of the full version, right?
That's the only way you can take it down (except asking a mod to do it for you).

Response to How to remove a song? 2012-05-10 10:59:09

That is what I was going to do, but I'm having problems replacing the file now! I'm uploading the new file then clicking submit, but the old file is not being replaced. It still plays the old file when open the song. I've tried messing around with the file and changing the bit rate, but I can't get it to replace. It acts like the changes were submitted so I'm guessing it's some kind of bug. Has anyone else had this problem?

Response to How to remove a song? 2012-05-10 11:22:22

I sent Step a PM because he offered to get it removed for me. Thanks everyone for your help. I hope the NG staff gets the delete feature up and running soon!

Response to How to remove a song? 2012-05-10 11:29:57

Got it replaced! Step suggested that I clear my browser's cache. Didn't think of trying that. It worked. Thanks everyone!