00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mishirozen just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Can you lend me some help??

1,511 Views | 5 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Can you lend me some help?? 2012-05-06 08:25:03

Hey guys,
I was wondering how do you make your subject (the person or the main object on the scene) like ummm whats the word, like kinda shaky??? I don't know the technical term, but yeah will go with "Shaky".
I guess you could refer to this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Coy8JUuDFjo
If you can understand what I mean, could you please tell me how you do it.
Sorry your the crappy description.
Luke

Response to Can you lend me some help?? 2012-05-06 08:27:54

The technique is called 'boiling' the lines.
Basically, if you have your character in one frame, in the next frame paste it again and smooth the lines, with the smooth button, or you could just redraw the lines.

Response to Can you lend me some help?? 2012-05-06 19:40:40

At 5/6/12 08:27 AM, DillonBrannick wrote: The technique is called 'boiling' the lines.
Basically, if you have your character in one frame, in the next frame paste it again and smooth the lines, with the smooth button, or you could just redraw the lines.

Boiling you say. Is there any tutorials?
Thanks for the info.

Response to Can you lend me some help?? 2012-05-09 20:38:24

At 5/6/12 07:40 PM, BurnerDF wrote:
At 5/6/12 08:27 AM, DillonBrannick wrote: The technique is called 'boiling' the lines.
Boiling you say. Is there any tutorials?
Thanks for the info.

There's not much to it. Make any still character a 2 frame movie clip. The first frame will be the original drawing. The second will be a tracing of the original. The traced drawing won't be exactly the same so when the 2 frames go back and forth... well, try it out and see for yourself.

Response to Can you lend me some help?? 2012-05-15 21:10:25

More about the "boiling" don't necessarily only make the character into a two frame clip, you want to make it look like a natural loop.

I personally enjoy making it into a five or four frame loop, An easy way to do this in flash is to make a second keyframe then highlight the entire object, from there in the tool panel should be the option to smooth which is an arrow pointing to an S. Depending on how far/close you are to the object the smoothing will be a tad different try to smooth the object one or two times. If it's too much command Z back to how the original drawing.

For multiple different lines do this by copying the original keyframe over and re-smoothing. The smoothness is different each time.

This way you are able to not have to draw/color the character/object multiple times and still get the desired "boiling" and or moving hold effect, and for non living objects I suggest just leaving them static.

i hope this stuff was useful to you, and if not I was still glad to offer a little bit of help.

Response to Can you lend me some help?? 2012-05-18 08:08:43

Thanks the information you provide was helpful. Time to boil some flash.