00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Blackfog105 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

I'm sick of comic book movies.

3,288 Views | 45 Replies

I'm sick of comic book movies. 2012-05-04 06:35:33

When will Hollywood start making more real films? Movies that are about something. I'm sick of seeing guys in stupid costumes punch eachother.

Response to I'm sick of comic book movies. 2012-05-04 06:38:37

At 5/4/12 06:35 AM, Darthdenim wrote: When will Hollywood start making more real films?

When people flock en masse to see "real films".

dal lunge ci mira

di giove l'ira, e in un baleno va all'eghe in seno, da regal sede

tosto provvede, fa i generosi destrier squammosi ratto accoppiar

BBS Signature

Response to I'm sick of comic book movies. 2012-05-04 06:40:38

I'd rather watch people in costumes punch each other than a guy drink coffee, eat a bagel, drive to work, and do paperwork for 6 hours or whatever "real" movies are about.

Response to I'm sick of comic book movies. 2012-05-04 06:44:14

At 5/4/12 06:40 AM, DirtyMeatball wrote: I'd rather watch people in costumes punch each other than a guy drink coffee, eat a bagel, drive to work, and do paperwork for 6 hours or whatever "real" movies are about.

That's because you don't care about film as an artform. Movies are just a distraction for you.

Response to I'm sick of comic book movies. 2012-05-04 08:53:31

Most comic book movies are about something.

My power is the only power.

Response to I'm sick of comic book movies. 2012-05-04 08:57:01

Woh woh woh didn't you see Avengers? That shit was fucking awesome.

Oh and if you don't want to see them... try not watching them.

BBS Signature

Response to I'm sick of comic book movies. 2012-05-04 09:11:21

At 5/4/12 08:53 AM, DevinArcane wrote: Most comic book movies are about something.

Not really. Comic books are not literature, they are disposable trash. The movies are disposable trash as well.

Response to I'm sick of comic book movies. 2012-05-04 09:14:29

At 5/4/12 06:35 AM, Darthdenim wrote: When will Hollywood start making more real films? Movies that are about something. I'm sick of seeing guys in stupid costumes punch eachother.

If you don't like comic book movies and you're sick of them, don't go to watch them; I don't like the twilight saga so I simply don't go to watch those movies, simple as that. And if you wanna see movies about "something" you should stay away from most Hollywood films and try with indie, arthouse movies.

Sorry for my bad english. I'm not from this planet

Art Page|Art Thread|Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to I'm sick of comic book movies. 2012-05-04 09:21:20

At 5/4/12 09:11 AM, Darthdenim wrote:
At 5/4/12 08:53 AM, DevinArcane wrote: Most comic book movies are about something.
Not really. Comic books are not literature, they are disposable trash. The movies are disposable trash as well.

It sounds like you don't appreciate comic-books as an art form, Mr. Pretentious H. Mann.

BBS Signature

Response to I'm sick of comic book movies. 2012-05-04 09:29:40

Sounds like someone didn't drink their Yoo-Hoo this morning...

Jehuty, the ultimate mech!

BBS Signature

Response to I'm sick of comic book movies. 2012-05-04 09:37:28

If I could work my will. every idiot who goes about reading comic books would be boiled in his own pudding, and buried with a st=take of holly through his heart!

Response to I'm sick of comic book movies. 2012-05-04 11:54:12

I want to see a GOOD comic book movie.

[;];=]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

BBS Signature

Response to I'm sick of comic book movies. 2012-05-04 12:12:57

2/10, poor troll.

Response to I'm sick of comic book movies. 2012-05-04 12:17:58

At 5/4/12 11:54 AM, Markface wrote: I want to see a GOOD comic book movie.

Then go watch The Avengers. It's great.

BBS Signature

Response to I'm sick of comic book movies. 2012-05-04 12:31:27

The Avengers is doing best than most Independent movies, such as The room.

I HДVЗИ'T ЭДTЗЙ SLICЭD ЬЯЗДD SIИCЭ I ШДS TЩЗLVЭ

BBS Signature

Response to I'm sick of comic book movies. 2012-05-04 14:46:40

comic book movies are the shit! its better than sparkling vampires right?

Response to I'm sick of comic book movies. 2012-05-04 15:04:07

So what does that make Twilight?

Comic book movies keep the comic industries like marvel and DC alive. And to say comicbooks aren't literature is retarded. Comic books can have more engaging stories then so of those "critically acclaimed snore fest Oscars." or "Oprah Winfrey approve books."

QOTW:

"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr

How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature

Response to I'm sick of comic book movies. 2012-05-04 18:46:35

At 5/4/12 06:35 AM, Darthdenim wrote: When will Hollywood start making more real films? Movies that are about something. I'm sick of seeing guys in stupid costumes punch eachother.

They have the Avengers movie out, and they are supposed to be coming out with a new Spider-Man movie, a Batman one and a Superman one. I get tired of them too- mostly because they are about the SAME OLD characters.

A Justice League movie might be interesting.

Response to I'm sick of comic book movies. 2012-05-04 18:53:44

At 5/4/12 06:46 PM, ngman7 wrote: They have the Avengers movie out, and they are supposed to be coming out with a new Spider-Man movie, a Batman one and a Superman one. I get tired of them too- mostly because they are about the SAME OLD characters.

A Justice League movie might be interesting.

That last sentence made your post so contradictory it literally made me chuckle.

I really hope that was a joke, otherwise I may just have to write you a wall of text about how idiotic you just were right there.

Response to I'm sick of comic book movies. 2012-05-04 19:02:56

What about non-superhero comic books?
I think Fables would have potential for a good movie.

Hugh Jackman as BBW is obvious choice.

Response to I'm sick of comic book movies. 2012-05-04 19:04:27

At 5/4/12 06:53 PM, Oolaph wrote:

I really hope that was a joke, otherwise I may just have to write you a wall of text about how idiotic you just were right there.

What's wrong with a JUSTICE LEAGUE movie?

There's talk of a JL live-action film in the works:

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/justice-league-of-america/ne ws/1922404/weekly_ketchup_a_live_action_justice_league_movie _in_2013/

Response to I'm sick of comic book movies. 2012-05-04 19:06:44

At 5/4/12 07:04 PM, ngman7 wrote: What's wrong with a JUSTICE LEAGUE movie?

Because it would be "the same old characters?"

Response to I'm sick of comic book movies. 2012-05-04 19:09:55

At 5/4/12 07:06 PM, shinobody wrote:
At 5/4/12 07:04 PM, ngman7 wrote: What's wrong with a JUSTICE LEAGUE movie?
Because it would be "the same old characters?"

There's more characters on the JL roster BESIDES Superman, Batman, WW, Flash and Green Lantern.

The Avengers is who? Captain America, Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, etc.? There's a small set of characters in the Avengers- characters most people know of.

Response to I'm sick of comic book movies. 2012-05-04 19:13:45

At 5/4/12 07:09 PM, ngman7 wrote: There's more characters on the JL roster BESIDES Superman, Batman, WW, Flash and Green Lantern.

The Avengers is who? Captain America, Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, etc.? There's a small set of characters in the Avengers- characters most people know of.

Except if they'd made a movie they'd concentrate on WM, Bat and Supes.
Because seriously, who want to watch movie about Zatanna, Plastic Man and Aquaman saving the world. Everyone would be like "Where's my fucking Batman?!"

Response to I'm sick of comic book movies. 2012-05-04 19:19:49

At 5/4/12 07:13 PM, shinobody wrote:

Because seriously, who want to watch movie about Zatanna, Plastic Man and Aquaman saving the world. Everyone would be like "Where's my fucking Batman?!"

You never watched Justice League Unlimited? There were dozens of DC superheroes on their roster:

Response to I'm sick of comic book movies. 2012-05-04 19:31:00

At 5/4/12 07:09 PM, ngman7 wrote: There's more characters on the JL roster BESIDES Superman, Batman, WW, Flash and Green Lantern.

"
I disagree- I think the JL movie would be something like the JL cartoon. Batman is one of the core characters- why wouldn't he be in it?

Response to I'm sick of comic book movies. 2012-05-04 19:31:51

At 5/4/12 07:19 PM, ngman7 wrote:

You never watched Justice League Unlimited? There were dozens of DC superheroes on their roster:

Of course I did. May my pony sig/icon not fool you, it's one of my favorite cartoons.
But tell me, how would you put all these superheroes into a movie? X-Men movies tried hard, and usually all they got was lot of plot-unprecedented cameos, and everybody cared only about Wolverine anyway.
JL movie would have the same problem, but harder. "Booster Gold? Ambush Bug? Hawkgirl? Who are these guys?"
How would you create movie narrative incorporating lot and lot of characters? Both comics and cartoons are serial media, and are fit for this. Watchmen movie had only six heroes, and was very long and felt kinda bloated with all the backstories. Avengers has less focus on some characters, and most of them already had their own movies - so you can concentrate on telling a story, rather than talking about characters. JL movie would have to concentrate on known characters - Batman, Superman, Green Lantern.

Response to I'm sick of comic book movies. 2012-05-04 19:32:50

Still better than Vampire vs Werewolf movies. You say?

Response to I'm sick of comic book movies. 2012-05-04 19:46:53

At 5/4/12 07:09 PM, ngman7 wrote:

The Justice League is who? Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash, etc.? There's a small set of characters in the Justice League- characters most people know of.

See what I did there?

BBS Signature

Response to I'm sick of comic book movies. 2012-05-04 19:52:59

At 5/4/12 07:32 PM, NorskeDrittsekk wrote: At 5/4/12 06:35 AM, Darthdenim wrote: When will Hollywood start making more real films? Movies that are about something. I'm sick of seeing guys in stupid : costumes punch eachother.
Still better than Vampire vs Werewolf movies. You say?

Underworld was pretty cool.

OP is a pretentious hipster douchebag, especially because you can't appreciate quality on something that isn't horrendously obscure, it's possible to like good art films anduper hero flicks that are well acted and with a great plot.

Putting back fun in funeral.

BBS Signature