00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

kyzakay just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Elder Scrolls Online

6,197 Views | 66 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Elder Scrolls Online 2012-05-12 13:44:31

Heh, making a prequel MMORPG for your franchises. Maybe this is becoming the new fad in gaming.

This is where I wrote something funny

BBS Signature

Response to Elder Scrolls Online 2012-05-12 17:47:22

Anybody get the new Game Informer? I read the entire ten or so page story and I have to say it doesn't seem that bad anymore. I suggest reading it.

Response to Elder Scrolls Online 2013-01-03 19:27:53

I'm cautiously optimistic.

From what I've seen from the trailers, it seems to look and play like an Elder Scrolls game and it seems to have a lot of it's own originality, but i'm still worried it might be shitty like SWTOR.

"Guns don't kill people, the government does."

- Dale Gribble

Please do not contact Homor to get your message added to this sig, there is no more room.

BBS Signature

Response to Elder Scrolls Online 2013-09-04 08:12:12

I got a beta key in the mail this morning.... anyone else?

Elder Scrolls Online

От каждого по способностям, каждому по потребностям

BBS Signature

Response to Elder Scrolls Online 2013-09-05 00:09:09

At 9/4/13 08:12 AM, Raab wrote: I got a beta key in the mail this morning.... anyone else?

I got one too. I don't even think this crumby laptop I use can run it, lol. Guess I'll find out Friday.

Response to Elder Scrolls Online 2013-09-05 10:42:22

At 9/5/13 10:24 AM, IdiLogicSavant wrote: It's class based i'm not playing.

Would you expect anything else from a fantasy MMORPG?

This is where I wrote something funny

BBS Signature

Response to Elder Scrolls Online 2013-09-06 21:13:20

At 9/5/13 10:54 AM, IdiLogicSavant wrote:
At 9/5/13 10:42 AM, Mismo wrote:
At 9/5/13 10:24 AM, IdiLogicSavant wrote: It's class based i'm not playing.
Would you expect anything else from a fantasy MMORPG?
Yes I would.

so far the game is extremely shit.

I mean.... its beta and all.... but its still terrible.
Guild Wars 2 makes this game look like a joke.

BBS Signature

Response to Elder Scrolls Online 2013-11-20 16:58:48

just received a beta key this morning and activated it this afternoon

now to start writing a checklist on all of the things this game will have to do come within 15 miles of even being considered to compete with world of warcraft

When ever you feel powerless, just remember this.

A single one of your pubes can shut down an entire restaurant. - Conal / MOTW: O Lucky Man!

BBS Signature

Response to Elder Scrolls Online 2013-11-20 18:52:50

At 11/20/13 06:19 PM, IdiLogicSavant wrote:
At 11/20/13 04:58 PM, Natick wrote: just received a beta key this morning and activated it this afternoon

now to start writing a checklist on all of the things this game will have to do come within 15 miles of even being considered to compete with world of warcraft
Have fun if the game is enjoyable i might look past the fact that it's class based and actually get it myself.

i wasn't impressed by the demo at quakcon tbh and the fact that it's monthly subscription based is already a turnoff to me but we'll see what happens this friday

When ever you feel powerless, just remember this.

A single one of your pubes can shut down an entire restaurant. - Conal / MOTW: O Lucky Man!

BBS Signature

Response to Elder Scrolls Online 2014-02-08 06:51:55

Anyone have opinions on the beta? It feels fairly mediocre, but the world is interesting and it would keep me playing... if not for the $60 + $15/m cost. Way overpriced in my opinion.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Elder Scrolls Online 2014-02-08 07:15:52

At 2/8/14 06:51 AM, Makeshift wrote: Anyone have opinions on the beta? It feels fairly mediocre, but the world is interesting and it would keep me playing... if not for the $60 + $15/m cost. Way overpriced in my opinion.

It's a watered-down Skyrim with useless auto-aim bow combat. I'm not a fan of TES but I can see where the appeal of these games come from and literally all of that appeal is gone in TES Online.

BBS Signature

Response to Elder Scrolls Online 2014-02-09 10:28:19

Bitch please I'm BETA testing the dang thing

I...I don't know what to put...

Response to Elder Scrolls Online 2014-02-09 15:27:22

At 2/9/14 10:28 AM, PandaZombie wrote: Bitch please I'm BETA testing the dang thing

Like most other people...
Anyway, according to @LiquidFire the game is meh and from what I've seen, it looks like a Multiplayer Skyrim, which just seems plain lazy to me, Skyrim already has shitloads of content for me to enjoy, I'd rather not spend my money on this, I may give it a go, but from what I've seen it doesn't seem worth more than a month or two of paying for.

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature

Response to Elder Scrolls Online 2014-02-10 12:15:44

:: Like most other people...

Anyway, according to @LiquidFire the game is meh and from what I've seen, it looks like a Multiplayer Skyrim, which just seems plain lazy to me, Skyrim already has shitloads of content for me to enjoy, I'd rather not spend my money on this, I may give it a go, but from what I've seen it doesn't seem worth more than a month or two of paying for.

Yea it was ok but I didn't get around a lot but I guess it's cool that they have made places like Blackmarsh and Elswyr, that no body has ever been to in a game before, open is pretty cool.

I...I don't know what to put...

Response to Elder Scrolls Online 2014-02-10 16:02:40

At 2/9/14 03:27 PM, darkjam wrote: from what I've seen, it looks like a Multiplayer Skyrim, which just seems plain lazy to me, Skyrim already has shitloads of content for me to enjoy

That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard about the game...

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Elder Scrolls Online 2014-02-10 17:15:38

LOL I forgot about this thread.

BBS Signature

Response to Elder Scrolls Online 2014-02-11 03:19:31

At 2/10/14 04:02 PM, Makeshift wrote:
At 2/9/14 03:27 PM, darkjam wrote: from what I've seen, it looks like a Multiplayer Skyrim, which just seems plain lazy to me, Skyrim already has shitloads of content for me to enjoy

Why don't you explain why it's so dumb to think that way and why it isn't a multiplayer skyrim? Instead of just going "That's a dumb thing to say lel".

It's only fun if you get a scar out of it

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Elder Scrolls Online 2014-02-11 03:25:17

At 2/11/14 03:19 AM, LiquidFire wrote:
At 2/10/14 04:02 PM, Makeshift wrote:
Why don't you explain why it's so dumb to think that way and why it isn't a multiplayer skyrim? Instead of just going "That's a dumb thing to say lel".

Because I don't care enough to explain why. Also Darkjam says stupid stuff all the time. Should be pretty obvious why what he said is dumb.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Elder Scrolls Online 2014-02-11 03:41:22

At 2/11/14 03:25 AM, Makeshift wrote: Because I don't care enough to explain why. Also Darkjam says stupid stuff all the time. Should be pretty obvious why what he said is dumb.

Don't post if you don't care about it. Also, if it's so obvious then there was no reason for you to point it out. No need to go on a witch hunt and call people dumb just because you hold some sort of a grudge against a person on the internet.

It's only fun if you get a scar out of it

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Elder Scrolls Online 2014-02-11 13:02:37

At 2/11/14 03:25 AM, Makeshift wrote: Because I don't care enough to explain why. Also Darkjam says stupid stuff all the time. Should be pretty obvious why what he said is dumb.

Considering Liquid has played it, and from what I've seen in demos and videos, I can say what I want about it, besides learn to respect other opinions, it's like you think your always right and if anybody does go against you, they're wrong.

BBS Signature

Response to Elder Scrolls Online 2014-02-11 22:05:41

I played the beta 3 times and hated it

Response to Elder Scrolls Online 2014-02-12 08:22:55

At 2/11/14 10:05 PM, 372 wrote: I played the beta 3 times and hated it

this.

BBS Signature

Response to Elder Scrolls Online 2014-02-18 09:15:55

At 2/9/14 03:27 PM, darkjam wrote: Anyway, according to @LiquidFire the game is meh and from what I've seen, it looks like a Multiplayer Skyrim, which just seems plain lazy to me, Skyrim already has shitloads of content for me to enjoy, I'd rather not spend my money on this, I may give it a go, but from what I've seen it doesn't seem worth more than a month or two of paying for.

While I do still believe this, I am sort of liking this game more, ever since I saw footage of a siege, I might just get it then, who knows.

BBS Signature

Response to Elder Scrolls Online 2014-04-19 17:16:53

Has anybody played it yet?

Response to Elder Scrolls Online 2014-04-19 17:34:54

From what I've seen of this game it basically looks like Oblivion online with Skyrim's HUD, but a friend of mine who bought it said it's more of an MMO than an Elder Scrolls game. If that's the case I have zero interest.

Response to Elder Scrolls Online 2014-04-22 23:24:09

At 4/19/14 05:16 PM, Luke wrote: Has anybody played it yet?

It's shit.

BBS Signature

Response to Elder Scrolls Online 2014-04-22 23:56:15

At 4/22/14 11:24 PM, Raab wrote:
It's shit.

I expected as much. MMOs these days don't really work out really well. Especially when Bethesda is making one. I always saw them as a single player only company. So imagining them adding lore and online stuff at the exact same time seems like it won't work at all.

XBL Gamertag: Cpt D3FAULT | PSN ID: SNEAKYGAMEBOY | GAMING SINCE 2002 ;D

BBS Signature

Response to Elder Scrolls Online 2014-04-23 00:46:33

I knew it would suck. All signs pointed to it sucking. All it had going for it was hope that it wouldn't suck. But I think most avid gamers knew it would.

I just wish Bethesda Softworks had put all the resources they poured into the Zenimax EOS team into their primary game studio and hence improved the quality of their next single player epic.

Best case scenario:

EOS makes enough money to not hurt the studio or harm their next single player game.

It does poorly enough that they learn their lesson and never ever try to do something stupid like this again.

∀x (∃e (e ∈ x ∧ ∀x ¬(x ∈ e)) ∨ ∃y ¬∃e (e ∈ x ∧ ¬∃z (z ∈ y ∧ z ∈ e ∧ ∀x ¬((x ∈ y ∧ x ∈ e) ∧ ¬(x = z)))))

Response to Elder Scrolls Online 2014-04-23 02:10:01

At 4/22/14 11:56 PM, SneakyGameBoy wrote:
At 4/22/14 11:24 PM, Raab wrote:
It's shit.
I expected as much. MMOs these days don't really work out really well. Especially when Bethesda is making one. I always saw them as a single player only company. So imagining them adding lore and online stuff at the exact same time seems like it won't work at all.

Bethesda published it, but they didn't make it, which I think is partially why it did so poorly. The other part is that people seem to be afraid to try new ideas for MMOs and stick to what's been successful—which was successful at first because it was different, but now it's the same thing we've seen dozens of times.

I think if Bethesda Studios had made the game it could have turned out a lot better, but I wish nothing like this had been done at all. Bethesda Softworks could have put this money into Fallout 4 or Elder Scrolls VI.

Response to Elder Scrolls Online 2014-04-23 03:20:01

At 4/19/14 05:34 PM, Valjylmyr wrote: From what I've seen of this game it basically looks like Oblivion online with Skyrim's HUD, but a friend of mine who bought it said it's more of an MMO than an Elder Scrolls game. If that's the case I have zero interest.

I agree with this completely. The elder scrolls or a fallout universe really needs a good single player experience with maybe some coop gimmicks on the side. And I did play mmo's in the past, but I never got the point of it.

Who on earth is going to pay full retail price + money for the mount and faction unlock ( else you have a walking simulator ) + monthly fees, for something that tries to emulate an elder scrolls game, rather than being one. For that cash with steam sales, budgetgaming sites and humble bundles you can get tons of better experiences.
And if you really do have to play an mmo, do one that at least allows friends to help you out.

In this game if a guy completes the quest he is gone. This means if he accidentally kills a boss before the game notices you are fighting it as well ( yes some the bosses die within seconds ), then he disappears from your realm. Same for puzzles, you will spend most your time waiting up for friends to finish their stuff. And if that person can't solve or beat the boss, because his build is complementary to yours, to bad. It's not like gw2 where your hero just scales back to a lower level when he is helping out.