00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Da-Birb just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Pico Day Logo, Links Update

22,222 Views | 48 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Pico Day Logo, Links Update 2012-04-26 09:49:12

If you are submitting a game or movie for Pico Day this Saturday, please include THIS LOGO somewhere in your submission and link it to the Pico Day 2012 page! I didn't bother putting it in an FLA this year because there are so many different ways people can make games and movies nowadays. Just promise you'll use Flash's "smoothen" feature if you resize it. In the Flash IDE, you can view the image properties in your library and check the box for "Smoothen." The logo is by Ephyse, who has made a killer Pico Day skin for this weekend.

Account holders can now manage multiple links for websites and messenger services! Now you can link to your Facebooks, Twitters, YouTubes, SoundClouds, etc. all in one place. All we ask in exchange is that you STOP USING THE FRONT PAGE ARTIST NEWS TO WHORE OUT OTHER SITES. Thank you! People will read more Artist News if they find interesting news about what you are up to and what you have recently posted on NG. They aren't interested in another post asking them to LIKE someone on Facebook, etc.

Please read my last post about the favorites overhaul and shovelware apocalypse if you haven't already.

Also please fund Newgrounds: The Forsaken City on Kickstarter. We gotta see it through! If 800 people pre-order the $35 Blue Ray, we're all set.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day Logo, Links Update 2012-04-26 09:51:03

awesome logo, who made it?

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day Logo, Links Update 2012-04-26 09:58:22

How do i now find artists i've favorited? Also why is darnell a baby in the logo?
Looking forward to pico day though.

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day Logo, Links Update 2012-04-26 10:00:21

At 4/26/12 09:49 AM, TomFulp wrote: All we ask in exchange is that you STOP USING THE FRONT PAGE ARTIST NEWS TO WHORE OUT OTHER SITES. Thank you!

That saying, it should be a criminal offence for anyone to whore out their deviantART accounts.

Loving those neat new links a lot and I look forward to Pico Day's tank awards this weekend.

Response to Pico Day Logo, Links Update 2012-04-26 10:05:56

At 4/26/12 09:51 AM, J-qb wrote: awesome logo, who made it?

Updates post - it's by Ephyse!

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day Logo, Links Update 2012-04-26 10:07:23

WOOO pico days coming up :D

It should be a world round holiday!, maybe i will come over next year :3

also totally agree on the news feeds, keep them Newgrounds based...

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day Logo, Links Update 2012-04-26 10:57:25

Hey Tom!

Newgrounds will have some more awesome updates?

Hello.

Response to Pico Day Logo, Links Update 2012-04-26 11:02:14

Can I still use front page posts to whore out NEWGROUNDS? 8D
I'll bet the PICO day skin is going to be awesome.

"A reward is it's own reward." - Killgar

Response to Pico Day Logo, Links Update 2012-04-26 11:09:26

At 4/26/12 11:02 AM, deathink wrote: Can I still use front page posts to whore out NEWGROUNDS? 8D
I'll bet the PICO day skin is going to be awesome.

YES that sounds fine!

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day Logo, Links Update 2012-04-26 11:11:55

I thought I should plug this in too!

I'm running a writing contest with $75 in prizes provided by me (and $10 by DeftAndEvil)

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1302894

Response to Pico Day Logo, Links Update 2012-04-26 12:06:31

Hey Tom! Why ur so happy today? Its beacuse the end shovelware?

Hello.

Response to Pico Day Logo, Links Update 2012-04-26 12:30:18

I thought I saw users with spiffy icons on their page.
Loving it!

Looking forward to pico/birth-day as well! Will it be livestreamed again?

Properly this time?

Response to Pico Day Logo, Links Update 2012-04-26 13:01:36

At 4/26/12 09:49 AM, TomFulp wrote: Account holders can now manage multiple links for websites and messenger services! Now you can link to your Facebooks, Twitters, YouTubes, SoundClouds, etc. all in one place. All we ask in exchange is that you STOP USING THE FRONT PAGE ARTIST NEWS TO WHORE OUT OTHER SITES.

WHOA FINE

can I still post stupid shit and cool pics of bikes?

Response to Pico Day Logo, Links Update 2012-04-26 13:20:16

At 4/26/12 09:49 AM, TomFulp wrote:
Also please fund Newgrounds: The Forsaken City on Kickstarter. We gotta see it through! If 800 people pre-order the $35 Blue Ray, we're all set.

;_;

That tin lunchbox with the $250 care package sounds all kinds of wonderful. So damn costly though. I'd like to help the cause but things are too tight atm.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day Logo, Links Update 2012-04-26 14:04:18

Looking forward to this event! Can't wait!

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day Logo, Links Update 2012-04-26 14:04:25

At 4/26/12 12:30 PM, Damien wrote: I thought I saw users with spiffy icons on their page.
Loving it!

Properly this time?

Yes we'll be doing a livestream - this year we are trying to do our OWN stream and not use a third party service like Ustream. That means no ad interruptions, infinite dicks and our own chat!

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day Logo, Links Update 2012-04-26 14:07:00

At 4/26/12 12:06 PM, JoaoGabriel wrote: Hey Tom! Why ur so happy today? Its beacuse the end shovelware?

Happy because we launched lots of neat stuff this week AND removed shovelware AND Pico Day planning is all coming together so this weekend should go smoothly, although I feel bad we aren't doing awards until a later date. We are now planning to announce the User of the Year though.

With shovelware it's going to be an ongoing issue that needs to be addressed but hopefully more users will support the initiative by blamming shovelware before it passes judgment.

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day Logo, Links Update 2012-04-26 14:15:49

Hey Tom, not to pressure the staff but when's this page going to be fixed?

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day Logo, Links Update 2012-04-26 14:18:47

At 4/26/12 02:04 PM, TomFulp wrote:

Properly this time?
Yes we'll be doing a livestream - this year we are trying to do our OWN stream and not use a third party service like Ustream. That means no ad interruptions, infinite dicks and our own chat!

thats pretty exciting

Response to Pico Day Logo, Links Update 2012-04-26 14:30:02

At 4/26/12 02:15 PM, Step wrote: Hey Tom, not to pressure the staff but when's this page going to be fixed?

That page was intended to be obsolete because you can manage your audio through the project system now. What we forgot was that links to people who favorited your songs were on that page, so we still need to migrate them somewhere else. One mock-up has them in the project system but we should also show that stat on the individual submission pages.

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day Logo, Links Update 2012-04-26 14:39:56

At 4/26/12 02:30 PM, TomFulp wrote: That page was intended to be obsolete because you can manage your audio through the project system now. What we forgot was that links to people who favorited your songs were on that page, so we still need to migrate them somewhere else. One mock-up has them in the project system but we should also show that stat on the individual submission pages.

Yeah my main reason for wanting that page back (at least until the projects system and notification system features are all implemented) is so that I can easily see when I get new reviews because the perfectionist inside me is urging me to make sure I respond to every review I receive.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day Logo, Links Update 2012-04-26 14:43:14

At 4/26/12 02:30 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 4/26/12 02:15 PM, Step wrote: Hey Tom, not to pressure the staff but when's this page going to be fixed?
That page was intended to be obsolete because you can manage your audio through the project system now. What we forgot was that links to people who favorited your songs were on that page, so we still need to migrate them somewhere else. One mock-up has them in the project system but we should also show that stat on the individual submission pages.

The only thing I miss from that page is that you were told about new reviews, if you could choose to get notifs whenever that happens that would be great thanks

Response to Pico Day Logo, Links Update 2012-04-26 14:56:18

At 4/26/12 02:39 PM, Step wrote: Yeah my main reason for wanting that page back (at least until the projects system and notification system features are all implemented) is so that I can easily see when I get new reviews because the perfectionist inside me is urging me to make sure I respond to every review I receive.

The feed section will definitely make that easier.

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day Logo, Links Update 2012-04-26 15:05:00

JohnnyUtah's "PicoDay2012" text is a lot better that the one i tried to do HaHAhahAhaA! Great!

Response to Pico Day Logo, Links Update 2012-04-26 15:08:24

The new links feature is pretty damn awesome.

It's only fun if you get a scar out of it

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day Logo, Links Update 2012-04-26 15:27:32

At 4/26/12 03:00 PM, citricsquid wrote:
At 4/26/12 10:27 AM, citricsquid wrote: Like this: skype:citricsquid?userinfo

thx :)
just checked and this seems to be done.

mucho gracias whatever the spanish word for friend is to whomever did it

Get a haircut, amigo.

Response to Pico Day Logo, Links Update 2012-04-26 16:00:04

I'm really enjoying all of these neat new updates.

Boop boop beep boop.

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day Logo, Links Update 2012-04-26 17:22:26

Fans?
Stalkers!

Vault 101 I have many old and deleted Flash submissions, PM me the filename, maybe I got it.

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day Logo, Links Update 2012-04-26 17:25:43

OMG My Pico Day Game is almost done!!!!

Is Tom Fulp sure that there's not going to be any prizes? If there's no prizes it's still all gooood!

Response to Pico Day Logo, Links Update 2012-04-26 17:35:35

I'll back the kick starter when my game gets sponsored. I'll even give out a NG shirt in a contest to celebrate it getting released.

love the new websites stuff and favorites. but i don't how the fuck some ppl got to my faves that i didn't even know? after-redising bug? happy bday Tom :* 8=====o

BBS Signature