00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Archcee5 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

My account's as old as Sherbet

2,068 Views | 28 Replies

My account's as old as Sherbet 2012-04-17 01:42:43

.... and Sherbet's dead.

Alas, yes, this is the fate of all living things I know; should I not die myself, for me to watch them all die.

Oh tiny orange tabby cat, I recall well your bonsai kitten antics. Did Tom ever have your anal tube reconfigured to standard pucker-butt usage? Perhaps only the person who cleans your litter box knew for sure.

This however, raises a question:

At what age should you bother to retire your account? Never? I was semi-retired for almost three years save the occasional weekend posting spree. The forums have changed a lot; filled with whiny bitches who are so busy trying to be taken seriously they've forgotten how to intarnet properly. Facebook culture, the lot of it. Not a french girl fucker among them, let alone gentlemanly rape skeletons.

A thread longer than 10 pages? Not to be seen! Perchance ill this bodes, kitten corpses dropping like de-voodooed zombies of the original rasta style.

Perhaps then an omen this forbodes? Imminent jettison of account apparatus eminent? The dreaded return of Ironfist?

This I know not. Only, praytell, prophesy to me what cast bones may reveal; study well the entrails of the lamb, goat and cow!
Suggestions, then, this is the beginning. Perhaps of a closed chapter, perhaps one where Yoda syntax is cool.

WTF?

This is a song about death. It's on mandolin.

Hate is the first step to all solutions.

You will not end bigotry until you learn to hate it.

BBS Signature

Response to My account's as old as Sherbet 2012-04-17 01:44:38

funkbrs, have you been sticking with your diet plan? i think you've been eating too many carbs again...

GOSH

G O D - B L E S S - A F R I C A

LAST.FM

CROWNED CHAMPION OF "FAPITUDE" BY BEARDKILLER

BBS Signature

Response to My account's as old as Sherbet 2012-04-17 01:49:50

My account will never be retired, I will either be more or less active.

Response to My account's as old as Sherbet 2012-04-17 01:53:07

At 4/17/12 01:44 AM, SKHM wrote: funkbrs, have you been sticking with your diet plan? i think you've been eating too many carbs again...

GOSH

C'mon man, when was there an awesome thread like "a french girl" or the old "skeletons of the gentlemen from the 120 Days of Sodom return to life to rape the living" stuff?

Everyone's so busy trying to prove their a badass and not goofing around. Like the internet is serious business or some shit. Don't they know 'the dumber they think you are, the more surprised they'll be when you kill them!" ?

Now everyone's so busy trying to not get trolled they've forgotten the most fun thing was to play along. To not CARE! Freedom goddamnit, hope, remember these things? Nihilistic license! Imagine Club A Seal today. Never happen. BOO!

BBS Signature

Response to My account's as old as Sherbet 2012-04-17 01:55:03

i feel young still... 07, wow, thats only 5 years ago,
the forums have changed, the people have gone away, the new users have moved in and started to battle amongst them selves.
its like poetry, but if i can teach a different person a rule, or a idea, then i will always remain here
i have growen attached to this place, the way of talking, the format for understanding, the elders...
just like poetry, and a swaying arc, until my swing come round again

i could smoke weed right now...

BBS Signature

Response to My account's as old as Sherbet 2012-04-17 01:56:46

At 4/17/12 01:53 AM, FUNKbrs wrote: Now everyone's so busy trying to not get trolled they've forgotten the most fun thing was to play along.

all of the trolls left ng

there are none left

none

LAST.FM

BBS Signature

Response to My account's as old as Sherbet 2012-04-17 01:58:21

At 4/17/12 01:57 AM, yurgenburgen wrote: You're just angry that nobody's taking your hate philosophy bullshit seriously.

i took it seriously

LAST.FM

BBS Signature

Response to My account's as old as Sherbet 2012-04-17 02:01:43

At 4/17/12 01:58 AM, SKHM wrote:
At 4/17/12 01:57 AM, yurgenburgen wrote: You're just angry that nobody's taking your hate philosophy bullshit seriously.
i took it seriously

your talking to a hi elder shhm... i dont even count yet in the honor system to these two yet

BBS Signature

Response to My account's as old as Sherbet 2012-04-17 02:03:18

What goes around comes around....
Ugh, we spent a cat's life on NG? Fuck me, that's sad.
The real squishy brains are still lurking and posting unseen blogs. They still fear the days of the aggressive lunatic or the unwinnable argument. I stayed the F out 'cause it was text madness... thought of the Flash Portal as a filter of sorts. Only the truly dedicated, insane folk could post things there, and they did.
Good ppl come and go, as do curious thread starters. Take heart in a stranger future, than in an already lived past :3

Vault 101 I have many old and deleted Flash submissions, PM me the filename, maybe I got it.

BBS Signature

Response to My account's as old as Sherbet 2012-04-17 02:06:49

i took it seriously

It actually IS somewhat serious, in an oldschool mathematical proof sort of way. Most mathematical equations work the same with both positive and negative numbers. For example:

5 x 5=25
But also
(-5) x (-5)= 25

So then, logically, a good amount of philosophical thought concerning love as a variable in logical computations it could be replaced by it's opposite, hate, and maintain the exact same answers. Over several years of debate I realized this is a fundamentally true statement, and that in many cases our feelings, motivations, and organization as humans are more accurately defined in terms of hatred and aversion than by love and affection.

Of course, this goes completely against the "love" propaganda machine, which ironically enough, is designed to create powerful warrior empires. No love, no babies, no soldiers, no empire, see? But that's neither here nor there.

BBS Signature

Response to My account's as old as Sherbet 2012-04-17 02:07:47

Just wanted to say that I like you Funk and I like what you do.

BBS Signature

Response to My account's as old as Sherbet 2012-04-17 02:08:38

At 4/17/12 02:01 AM, tox wrote: your talking to a hi elder shhm... i dont even count yet in the honor system to these two yet

me and funk actually go way back tox

you don't even know

LAST.FM

BBS Signature

Response to My account's as old as Sherbet 2012-04-17 02:08:53

Using your DAD's user account?
Time to call it in, guys.

fuck yuo idiote

BBS Signature

Response to My account's as old as Sherbet 2012-04-17 02:12:15

At 4/17/12 02:08 AM, SKHM wrote:
At 4/17/12 02:01 AM, tox wrote: your talking to a hi elder shhm... i dont even count yet in the honor system to these two yet
me and funk actually go way back tox

you don't even know

well then you got something there, but for a hi ender to take up a convo with a different person is usually a honor...
besides... friends go beyond the elder system,

BBS Signature

Response to My account's as old as Sherbet 2012-04-17 02:22:06

At 4/17/12 02:12 AM, tox wrote: well then you got something there, but for a hi ender to take up a convo with a different person is usually a honor...

................WHAT are you talking about????

Response to My account's as old as Sherbet 2012-04-17 02:25:16

At 4/17/12 02:12 AM, tox wrote:
well then you got something there, but for a hi ender to take up a convo with a different person is usually a honor...

Bah, elder system? No; one of the things I had dedicated my mod-duties to was the eradication of the elder system! Users should always be judged by post quality, first and foremost. In so doing I ended up being construed as an elder; part of my whole gimmick is the idea of saying fundamentally true things with every appearance of them being false and then figured out who all the shallow people were.

There are basically two groups of users to me; those who think I'm a troll because they don't bother looking at the results of what I'm saying instead of the methods, and those who realized up front that it's all just one big Zen Taoist philosophical exercize anyways. It shouldn't matter how you spin your message; if what you're saying is fundamentally true people should accept that instead of the political implications of methodology. Of course they don't, and this is a great source of misanthropy!

I've never once bothered trying to appear to be the good guy, even though really I've gone out of my way to help users I felt were really shit on time and time again. Help should never look like help, or people will generally take it for granted. It's better that help look scary and repulsive, so only the truly desperate will want it.

See what I'm talking about? "that which is to be cut short must be first stretched out" and all that sort of Taoist sentiment.

BBS Signature

Response to My account's as old as Sherbet 2012-04-17 02:28:48

Off topic.

Hey funk, do you have a song that when you hear it on the radio or when you and you band mates play it.

You totally feel it?

There's a singing contest going in google+.

Who's to say that metal hate can't win a contest with two prizes?

Response to My account's as old as Sherbet 2012-04-17 02:30:10

At 4/17/12 02:28 AM, EyeLovePoozy wrote: Off topic.

Define "hypocritical".

fuck yuo idiote

BBS Signature

Response to My account's as old as Sherbet 2012-04-17 02:34:10

At 4/17/12 02:28 AM, EyeLovePoozy wrote:

There's a singing contest going in google+.

Who's to say that metal hate can't win a contest with two prizes?

Crap top has no mic sir.

Besides, I'd have to do my metal version of todd rundgren's "Bang on the Drum all Day" considering I only sing lead on two songs in the Sin City Scoundrels and the other's an original none of you will know.

Well, that or maybe "Mack the Knife" just because noone ever sees it coming.

i've invented around three new origami dragons in the past year. They make the old shit look retarded. PM if interested; I gotta shoebox full at work.

BBS Signature

Response to My account's as old as Sherbet 2012-04-17 02:43:31

FUNKbrs my love. You can't leave me here again.

Response to My account's as old as Sherbet 2012-04-17 03:04:12

At 4/17/12 02:25 AM, FUNKbrs wrote:
At 4/17/12 02:12 AM, tox wrote:
Bah, elder system? No; one of the things I had dedicated my mod-duties to was the eradication of the elder system! Users should always be judged by post quality, first and foremost. In so doing I ended up being construed as an elder; part of my whole gimmick is the idea of saying fundamentally true things with every appearance of them being false and then figured out who all the shallow people were.

There are basically two groups of users to me; those who think I'm a troll because they don't bother looking at the results of what I'm saying instead of the methods, and those who realized up front that it's all just one big Zen Taoist philosophical exercize anyways. It shouldn't matter how you spin your message; if what you're saying is fundamentally true people should accept that instead of the political implications of methodology. Of course they don't, and this is a great source of misanthropy!

I've never once bothered trying to appear to be the good guy, even though really I've gone out of my way to help users I felt were really shit on time and time again. Help should never look like help, or people will generally take it for granted. It's better that help look scary and repulsive, so only the truly desperate will want it.

See what I'm talking about? "that which is to be cut short must be first stretched out" and all that sort of Taoist sentiment.

realistically there are a number of user types here actaully that you missed,
mod
hi elder
~ believe/not believe (and those who understand both are the people that have honor
elder
~ (see above bracket)
post junkie
user
sub user
who are you

its the people that have the honor to stand up and talk about anything and have the respect that end up staying and go from post junkie to elder, and then raise up the pole from there, the people that stay in the roster of post junkie and below come and go like the wind, they look at the higher end and say they will never get there but believe that they can be like the users (elders/hi elders) so they begin to post respectfully, and with honor behind them, and just like that they hit 4k post count and then the honor and ideas that they have acumulated from the past and sub levels, gives them wings and they turn around and start helping the users under them, becoming a elder in turn

its the point that the user turns around and starts to either help the people below them or fuck with it that they are elder-ized, its rare for people to fuck with people though and not on a large scale...

i dont think your message fell of deff ears, but there is a system in place that seems to work and it puts people at the top that help and make things better, better or worse

BBS Signature

Response to My account's as old as Sherbet 2012-04-17 08:08:13

Those were the days indeed, when we wondered why the grass was greener on the other side. But now we're on the other side, our shoes covered in bullshit...

Jehuty, the ultimate mech!

BBS Signature

Response to My account's as old as Sherbet 2012-04-17 08:23:36

i took it seriously

yes VERY SERIOUS.

Response to My account's as old as Sherbet 2012-04-17 11:21:28

Hi Funk how was your day?

Response to My account's as old as Sherbet 2012-04-17 12:12:14

Haven't seen a FUNKbrs post in awhile. You're fucking old, dude.

BBS Signature

Response to My account's as old as Sherbet 2012-04-17 12:13:47

man you have an account from 2000
wow

Newest interview with Squidbit Cheeeeeeeck it out

You give up your freedom for the safety that the government promises you ~ Confucianism

Sig by Asandir

BBS Signature

Response to My account's as old as Sherbet 2012-04-17 15:58:44

When I first started, it was fun here, everyone was just mental. FUNK's right, too many people are trying too hard to be mature.

god

BBS Signature

Response to My account's as old as Sherbet 2012-04-17 16:01:11

Why are NG-related subjects always so bland and pathetic?

BBS Signature

Response to My account's as old as Sherbet 2012-04-17 20:09:21

At 4/17/12 11:21 AM, SouthAsian wrote: Hi Funk how was your day?

The usual. Billed the helpless elderly for medical care they neither want nor can afford, stared helplessly and the people being eaten alive by the healthcare industrial machine while at the same time being one of it's consenting gears, the usual.

BTW, anyone notice how the Brits amoung the newer users know exactly what I'm talking about when noone else seems to?

LOL

BBS Signature