00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TwistSSD just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

- N A T A - Open Round!

71,649 Views | 635 Replies

Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-04-20 18:57:28

At 4/20/12 06:14 PM, Jomillex wrote:
http://myworld.ebay.com/khanm22/&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2754
I'm not sure how to link to both lists but the buying period is over me and 4 other sellers are about to find out we got scammed..
I posted on the answer center and they gave me some help its just a little obnoxious this whole situation. I will have spent so much time on this just to get a head ache and my money back. This was a seemingly amazing deal!
And @ fluffkomix I bought a brand new cintiq 12wx, Which I should have been cautious about since it was only $700... For a brand new one.. i know very stupid on my part. So I guess I'll be using my bamboo pen during the first round. I'm going to cry at how shitty my entry is coming out :/

That a really crappy situation. Why do you think your entry will turn out shitty, though? I know a better tablet can certainly help, but I'm sure if your skills are good you could get through with a lesser tablet. I don't know what you have right now, but I've got a cheap Wacom Bamboo Fun, and it has always served me good (not that I won't consider a better tablet when I've got the money). Do you have an extremely shitty one right now, though?

Anyway, I hope at the very least you get your money back.

Boop boop beep boop.

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-04-20 18:57:31

At 4/20/12 06:40 PM, Zullzee wrote: That guy has no selling history, he's definatly scammer. If he had it as a buy it now for $700 brand new then yeah that's seems a little too good to be true, bidding wars can settle at low prices but buy it nows usually aren't. Well you at least got your money back right?

Not yet eBay support told us to call them on Monday if it hasn't arrived they're going to give us our money back or go after the guy and force him to send it.
I'm hoping he's not a scammer just an idiot.

"So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past."

-F. Scott Fitzgerald

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-04-20 19:31:27

At 4/20/12 06:14 PM, Jomillex wrote:

:So I guess I'll be using my bamboo pen during the first round. I'm going to cry at how shitty my entry is coming out :/

I'm sorry to hear that... I've had stuff "get lost in the post" before and I know it's as frustrating as a constipated shit.
But hopefully you'll get your money back and can buy it off a genuine seller.
Most of us either have a mouse or an old tablet anyway. I've had the same tablet for nearly 5 years now. It bugs out occasionally, especially if i put my laptop to sleep, but it does the job. So although it may not be as comfortable as the cintiq might be (i've never tried it myself) you're certainly at no disadvantage. Man, just go for it with what you got for now! and claim the cintiq situation as a handicap for sympathy points! ;D

PSN ID: CatFatius

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-04-20 19:33:59

At 4/20/12 06:57 PM, LazyAss23 wrote: I love my intous 4 i would get a new intous but later on yeah or cintiq but i love what i have so far and update will be up later today maybes :D sorry about that Josh :(

Nyeah its chill. I'll just buy another one, Sure fucks up my game plan tho..
I will definitely make an entry this year no matter how good it is, I hope this competition isn't based on cumulative score.
But I'm not planning on winning this year just getting as far as i can and learning to go through with projects

"So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past."

-F. Scott Fitzgerald

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-04-20 19:36:07

Oooooh snap!

- N A T A - Open Round!

Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-04-20 20:38:37

At 4/20/12 07:36 PM, Emrox wrote: Oooooh snap!

He goin to get arrested!

-F. Scott Fitzgerald

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-04-21 00:50:17

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-04-21 01:15:26

At 4/21/12 12:50 AM, NeroGeist wrote: heres some progress, looking good?
http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/00ca58fb7b94480bd411c579 131f7d49

Lookin' good to me, man!

Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-04-21 01:24:38

At 4/21/12 01:15 AM, Emrox wrote:
Lookin' good to me, man!

Thank you! Yours looks pretty sweet as well!

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-04-21 04:47:12

Okay got everything, voices, storyboard n animatic and sounds prepared and done... all i need to do now is animation ;D
I will post few tasty naked pics soon

Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-04-21 07:21:11

I'll infer that he just found out HE IS INJURED AND BLEEDING :D
If I'm right you did a really good job showing that

Everyone is looking stunning!
I was having trouble finishing my massive storyboard so I'm cutting it all into pieces and animating each part then story-boarding, I hate doing it this way but its faster for me.
Should have a good Chunk fully animated by Sunday :D
I think I'm back on track :)

-F. Scott Fitzgerald

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-04-21 10:10:54

I made more than 1 minute of animation, but now my pen doesnt work. I dont think ill be able to finish this. Anyways good luck.

Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-04-21 10:51:05

At 4/21/12 10:10 AM, MihaP wrote: I made more than 1 minute of animation, but now my pen doesnt work. I dont think ill be able to finish this. Anyways good luck.

When I first read this I thought it said I think I'll be able to finish it, And then I went to comment and re read it.
Damn man :( cant you cap it off wherever you are now? If not post it on the forum :C

-F. Scott Fitzgerald

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-04-21 10:59:34

At 4/21/12 10:51 AM, Jomillex wrote:
At 4/21/12 10:10 AM, MihaP wrote: I made more than 1 minute of animation, but now my pen doesnt work. I dont think ill be able to finish this. Anyways good luck.
When I first read this I thought it said I think I'll be able to finish it, And then I went to comment and re read it.
Damn man :( cant you cap it off wherever you are now? If not post it on the forum :C

I think I will wait till the end. Maybe I could get it fixed or ill just buy a new one, but that will take alot of time.

Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-04-21 11:14:49

At 4/21/12 10:59 AM, MihaP wrote:
I think I will wait till the end. Maybe I could get it fixed or ill just buy a new one, but that will take alot of time.

If its an intuos you can use a rubber band to hold it together same thing happened to mine when I used to have one..
Heres a pick of both held together and pulled apart.
Hopefully that's your problem or your going to get set back, But 1 minute fully animated is alot of headspace between alot of the competitors, I think? At least for me.

- N A T A - Open Round!

-F. Scott Fitzgerald

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-04-21 13:11:22

Can we mention product names in our animations? I mention Miracle Whip in my entry. Is that allowed?

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-04-21 14:19:10

At 4/21/12 11:14 AM, Jomillex wrote:
At 4/21/12 10:59 AM, MihaP wrote:
If its an intuos you can use a rubber band to hold it together same thing happened to mine when I used to have one..
Heres a pick of both held together and pulled apart.
Hopefully that's your problem or your going to get set back, But 1 minute fully animated is alot of headspace between alot of the competitors, I think? At least for me.

Thanks Josh it helped a bit:P and yea 1 min of animation because I rushed too much with script and story. Also I wont be able to animate 5 days+ I have lots of exams in may. Dont worrie you guys will catch me in a week or so:)

Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-04-21 15:08:01

At 4/21/12 02:19 PM, MihaP wrote:
Thanks Josh it helped a bit:P and yea 1 min of animation because I rushed too much with script and story. Also I wont be able to animate 5 days+ I have lots of exams in may. Dont worrie you guys will catch me in a week or so:)

Glad It helped! Also I sure hope I catch up my script is like 3 pages long and has alot of intense animation. :(
Man I wish I had that cintiq now!

-F. Scott Fitzgerald

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-04-21 17:44:01

At 4/21/12 05:10 PM, LazyAss23 wrote: Sucks cause i still havent started animation... yet script is 4 pages, all voicing is done but i have to edit it all... then start animating tonight.

You haven't started animating yet?! Come on david!!! GET TO WORK :O
19 days left!

-F. Scott Fitzgerald

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-04-21 18:10:37

Bah, I haven't done anything yet either. It's looking like work is taking to much time. I might not have a finished animation.

-Jake

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-04-21 18:56:02

I haven't done any actual animation yet either. Script, voices, animatic, they're all done. But no real animation yet.

Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-04-21 19:32:09

Good so far? Any constructive criticism would be great
http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/af3d25717af6a4c4cf9d83cc 0606bbe4

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-04-21 19:48:13

At 4/21/12 07:32 PM, NeroGeist wrote: Good so far? Any constructive criticism would be great
http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/af3d25717af6a4c4cf9d83cc 0606bbe4

That looks fantastic!
I cant really think of anything to change about it its great :)

sorry i'm not to helpful haha.

And I'm surprised not alot of people are talking on the forum.

Sad too hear work is getting in your way Jake. :( Pull through man!

-F. Scott Fitzgerald

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-04-21 20:06:54

At 4/21/12 01:11 PM, UltraEd12 wrote: Can we mention product names in our animations? I mention Miracle Whip in my entry. Is that allowed?

No, but you can think of a spoof name.

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-04-21 20:13:05

At 4/21/12 08:06 PM, NATA wrote:
At 4/21/12 01:11 PM, UltraEd12 wrote: Can we mention product names in our animations? I mention Miracle Whip in my entry. Is that allowed?
No, but you can think of a spoof name.

Magical whip, Miracle Dip, Magical Dip, Miracle Mayo. Etc, Just like I named a vacume Dykeson instead of Dyson :)

-F. Scott Fitzgerald

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-04-21 20:22:42

I'm only going to keep this up here for an hour, then I'm gonna remove it cause I'm secretive yet open.

but yeah, what do you guys think of what I got so far?
Also don't mind the random sketches from time to time, Its half storyboarded and some environmental stuff still needs to be added. But as it stands this is what I got. Whatchya guys think so far o:

http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/8481feb19b0d0e5089b874a4 3e374141

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-04-21 20:41:09

At 4/21/12 08:22 PM, PoopyMcButt wrote: I'm only going to keep this up here for an hour, then I'm gonna remove it cause I'm secretive yet open.

Holy shit this is amazing! I will post a quick shot on Monday :D

I don't have anything to be proud of yet..

-F. Scott Fitzgerald

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-04-21 20:55:29

At 4/21/12 08:22 PM, PoopyMcButt wrote: but yeah, what do you guys think of what I got so far?

Looks reeeeeeeeaaaaaaaal good. Like real real good.

Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-04-21 21:43:32

At 4/21/12 08:22 PM, PoopyMcButt wrote: I'm only going to keep this up here for an hour, then I'm gonna remove it cause I'm secretive yet open.

but yeah, what do you guys think of what I got so far?
Also don't mind the random sketches from time to time, Its half storyboarded and some environmental stuff still needs to be added. But as it stands this is what I got. Whatchya guys think so far o:

http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/8481feb19b0d0e5089b874a4 3e374141

Holy Moley man! Thats awesome! I'm amazed that you've got that much done already, especially to such a refined level. :O I feel inferior now haha
It's very atmospheric, I love the score, and the animation of the box and her hand were soooo smooth. Also thanks to the abrupt butt at the end it really made me realise how engrossing it is.
My only criticism would be that the profile shot, near the beginning, of the girl doesn't really seem as good as the other shots of her. Just the face looks slightly like a differnt design or something? i'm hving trouble explaining it properly atm ( I'm really tired, I was just about to go to bed before I saw your post. :P ) I found it slightly jarring in comparison to the rest of the shots.
But other than that this is heading in the right direction.
I'm looking forward to the finished piece!
I'll be sure to post some of my stuff soon too, once I have something a bit more substantial ;)

PSN ID: CatFatius

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-04-21 21:44:05

At 4/21/12 08:22 PM, PoopyMcButt wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/8481feb19b0d0e5089b874a4 3e374141

That is awesome.

I haven't started animating yet. Just sent the script to the voice actors. I'll probably start on the non-dialogue bits now though.

BBS Signature