00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TwistSSD just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Video is a GO!

58,001 Views | 116 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Video is a GO! 2012-04-16 14:37:51

I'm going to be a an ass-kisser for a second and just say good job guys.

Really though. There's so much revolutionary shit going on here, the future of Newgrounds is looking bright, in my opinion.

Response to Video is a GO! 2012-04-16 15:00:37

When you are in fullscreen (or zoomed in on your browser) the invisible pause button that is meant to cover the whole screen only covers a portion of it, and I find myself having to click on the trackbar for a movie to start playing.

Response to Video is a GO! 2012-04-16 15:28:54

Holy bajeesus Starbarians is 88 mb and the Valentine's Day file is 147 mb. No wonder you got that pushed out. It does work well, though, which is great.

gorp

BBS Signature

Response to Video is a GO! 2012-04-16 15:36:18

Thoroughly impressed by the new video player! .mp4 support is definitely something Newgrounds can make use of. Maybe we can be like a less shitty YouTube.

Response to Video is a GO! 2012-04-16 16:25:07

No. Why we'll need to turn swfs into mp4? SWFs are snaller than mp4s. Also, some flash movies have Easter Eggs. we like to find.

Some flash movies might lose their charms by doing this.

Response to Video is a GO! 2012-04-16 16:31:08

At 4/16/12 04:25 PM, Abracadabra123 wrote: No. Why we'll need to turn swfs into mp4? SWFs are snaller than mp4s. Also, some flash movies have Easter Eggs. we like to find.

I'm pretty sure not all flash movies will use the Mp4.

play Etehfowr Against

BBS Signature

Response to Video is a GO! 2012-04-16 17:53:33

At 4/16/12 04:31 PM, majormelthesackboy wrote:
At 4/16/12 04:25 PM, Abracadabra123 wrote: No. Why we'll need to turn swfs into mp4? SWFs are snaller than mp4s. Also, some flash movies have Easter Eggs. we like to find.

Sounds ok to me as long as we can choose between converting movies into mp4 or stayed in swf format.

Response to Video is a GO! 2012-04-16 18:29:58

At 4/16/12 05:53 PM, Abracadabra123 wrote:

Sounds ok to me as long as we can choose between converting movies into mp4 or stayed in swf format.

You guys, Swivel will be available to everybody just to convert swf to mp4. Video on Newgrounds however will be very rare and only exclusive animators can use it.

Response to Video is a GO! 2012-04-16 18:43:05

Yep! Good work!

Response to Video is a GO! 2012-04-16 19:22:03

INVITE ME PLZ I WANT TO UPLOAD ANIMATIONS!

Meh.

BBS Signature

Response to Video is a GO! 2012-04-16 19:30:58

At 4/15/12 03:13 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 4/15/12 03:11 PM, JoaoGabriel wrote: Video Portal is out?

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhuuuuuuuuuuu!!! First!
Not really a video Portal, just another way to upload MOVIES.

We can have both?! Oh my gooooooooo-

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to Video is a GO! 2012-04-16 19:34:14

But this is a flash portal, not a video portal. We're already getting youtube comments in the review section and this will just make it worse.

"Plz don't call NASA on me I'm afraid of astronauts dude" - DJ-Ri (2015)

BBS Signature

Response to Video is a GO! 2012-04-16 19:42:16

At 4/16/12 06:29 PM, BSTHEDOG wrote:
At 4/16/12 05:53 PM, Abracadabra123 wrote:

You guys, Swivel will be available to everybody just to convert swf to mp4. Video on Newgrounds however will be very rare and only exclusive animators can use it.

I'm not a great animator anyway and I don't think I'd be an exclusive animator. I make movies for fun only.

But what would happen if I win a reward with my movie. It would make me as an exclusive animator and turn my movie into mp4. That would make me angry about it.

Response to Video is a GO! 2012-04-16 19:44:51

Nothing seems to happen when I try to play these. I'm presuming its supposed to buffer or something right? I'm getting nothing anyway even with my adblock turned off but guess there's bound to be a few kinks since its new and all

I'm the best at what I do and what I do is the best

BBS Signature

Response to Video is a GO! 2012-04-16 19:54:54

At 4/15/12 03:13 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 4/15/12 03:11 PM, JoaoGabriel wrote: Video Portal is out?

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhuuuuuuuuuuu!!! First!
Not really a video Portal, just another way to upload MOVIES.

For those of you who don't understand, this is a serious inovation for NG, which was strictly .swf format for video submissions for the longest time.

This will increase the versatility of NG over time, allowing animators who use other programs besides flash to perhaps submit more content.

While videos are still a rarity on NG (some have made it through), the MP4 format will help NG compete with websites like youtube who have a wide range of formats that can be submitted.

Response to Video is a GO! 2012-04-16 21:46:12

At 4/16/12 07:34 PM, KillerSkull wrote: But this is a flash portal, not a video portal. We're already getting youtube comments in the review section and this will just make it worse.

THE FLASH PORTAL IS NO LONGER JUST FOR FLASH!!!

Pardon...

I don't see the logic of just having flash and not having anything else, it's just a step backward. If New Grounds started with flash, that's fine, but don't get stuck in the past with just flash.

Since there are plenty of more things in this site besides flash, then it shouldn't be called a "Flash Portal" if flash is not the only thing it's used for movies.

It's called a MOVIE portal for a reason, and it's to watch movies either it's flash or not. Let go of the past, this is a step forward.

Discord: Eltro#4304

BBS Signature

Response to Video is a GO! 2012-04-16 22:21:18

I'm not a great animator anyway and I don't think I'd be an exclusive animator. I make movies for fun only.

But what would happen if I win a reward with my movie. It would make me as an exclusive animator and turn my movie into mp4. That would make me angry about it.

Well, I betcha if you make something that is worthy of vid Tom would be happy to let you upload by mp4.

Response to Video is a GO! 2012-04-18 00:02:06

yay!

私のちんちん

BBS Signature

Response to Video is a GO! 2012-04-18 00:49:19

Tom sed dis: If the video doesn't work for you, let us know.

Is anyone else having an issue with fading on the new player? It seems llike anything that's moving has a delayed-fade-kinda thing going on, where the moving parts from fframe to frame don't go completely away before the next part comes in so you can see like 3 frames wirth of animation faded together in the moving areas. It's most noticeable with bigger movements.

Y'know how in a movie, where the bottle of antidote gets thrown or dropped, and everything switches to a slow-mo fade, where you get everyone watching the bottle, and it is at the top of the screen, then fades to the middle of the screen, and then fades to the bottom while someone yells "N-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o..." in a real deep, slow motion voice. It's just like that with anything that plays in the new player.

I took a screen print. I also found subliminal messages. I don't know what they mean. ;)

Video is a GO!

Response to Video is a GO! 2012-04-18 09:52:27

At 4/15/12 03:09 PM, TomFulp wrote: The MP4 upload feature is invite-only at the moment to avoid an all-out video dumpfest. The focus is on animated content and the occasional film with cool post-production,

This sounds nifty

Hope it works out for the best cant wait to see how it is when active.

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to Video is a GO! 2012-04-19 01:58:36

It runs with framerate issues but it's acceptable so far. Also if it lags enough the audio de-syncs, leading to some awkward lip syncing.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to Video is a GO! 2012-04-19 07:15:41

Awesome! so when are you thinking of mobile support?

Response to Video is a GO! 2012-04-27 01:27:04

I'm having the same problem that several others on here are having. Audio works, but my video is BLACK. All black, all the time. I've tried four browsers with the same results.

I'm running a relatively new Asus laptop with Win7. If anyone wants my specs, PM me and they're yours.

I hope this gets worked out soon, because it seems I'm missing out on several videos now.

Response to Video is a GO! 2012-05-25 00:24:03

I'm not gonna shuffle through 10+ pages to look if someone's asked this, but by films with post-production do you mean vfx shorts? As I'm an amateur director and producer this new feature has caught my eye.

Response to Video is a GO! 2012-06-30 08:19:52

Personaly I hope this is a small step towards a open video portal (purhapes with strict limits on uploads to stop a flood)

I know many might say "thats what youtube is for", but youtube is terrible at finding new content.
Newgrounds, by comparison has probably the best content filtering system on the net - completely democratic yet (lets face it) 90% crap goes in and the 10% good stuff floats to the top.
You tube, by comparison, if you dont know what your looking for its hard to find any good shorts or shows.

Theres alternatives like Blip.tv , of course, which does a good job of keeping the quality high - but their search and promotions are 100% done by staff. Its very much a dictatorship.

Newgrounds (imho) would be the best of both worlds, imho.

Rateoholic- my "review anything you can think of and it tries to correlate your tastes to other peoples" site. (-sigh- I need a better slogan....)

Or watch our reviewshow

Response to Video is a GO! 2012-09-19 14:13:45

Let me get this straight:if we upload MP4 files to Newgrounds it will have an youtube-like timeline bar(sorry I don't know how to tell it in english)?

Response to Video is a GO! 2012-10-29 15:57:59

At 9/19/12 02:13 PM, LegoGuy24 wrote: Let me get this straight:if we upload MP4 files to Newgrounds it will have an youtube-like timeline bar(sorry I don't know how to tell it in english)?

i think the only important question remains, where is swivel?