00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

BorfDoggo just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Zionerds Art

963 Views | 16 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Zionerds Art 2012-04-15 11:11:14

So guys,
I got a new tablet and thought i should share my trys and finished art.
My first real attempt is a character from Akira.
It took me about 5 hours and i think i kinda get now how to draw with a tablet in photoshop, but I need to practice more.
So here u go guys, I'd like to hear your opinion!

Zionerds Art

Response to Zionerds Art 2012-04-15 11:24:30

I think you should have stuck closer to the reference, the way you placed the head makes it look a bit detached from the body.

But it's great for a first attempt.

Zionerds Art

Response to Zionerds Art 2012-04-15 14:07:54

At 4/15/12 11:24 AM, Ludic wrote: I think you should have stuck closer to the reference, the way you placed the head makes it look a bit detached from the body.

But it's great for a first attempt.

yeah the head got a bit out of place just like his shoulers and his shirt, so thanks for your criticism. I'll keep trying.

Response to Zionerds Art 2012-04-16 08:53:13

Now I'm working on a princess mononoke picture
the hair give me alot of trouble and patience
I'm done with the outlining now comes some colour

Zionerds Art

Response to Zionerds Art 2012-04-16 10:57:49

Just finished colouring the character the hair was fucking difficult, my hand hurts. but it looks kinda okay i guess she got a bit massive with her shoulders maybe i'll corect that later on.
now comes the backround...

Zionerds Art

Response to Zionerds Art 2012-04-17 09:04:25

Just finished my princess mononoke picture.
I think shes now a bit more like a girl and the cloud are kinda cool I just experimented with them because first time drawing coulds : D haha
but hope u like it pls give me some criticism
thx guys

Zionerds Art

Response to Zionerds Art 2012-04-17 09:21:13

At 4/17/12 09:04 AM, Zionerd wrote: Just finished my princess mononoke picture.
I think shes now a bit more like a girl and the cloud are kinda cool I just experimented with them because first time drawing coulds : D haha
thx guys

The lightning makes very little sense if she's outdoors.

Response to Zionerds Art 2012-04-17 09:34:42

At 4/17/12 09:21 AM, Ludic wrote:
At 4/17/12 09:04 AM, Zionerd wrote: Just finished my princess mononoke picture.
thx guys
The lightning makes very little sense if she's outdoors.

mh I dont know I just tryed to copy this picture just like my first piece

Zionerds Art

Response to Zionerds Art 2012-04-17 09:52:46

If you don't know what you're copying and why... that is; why the original artist drew something a certain way, it's not really going to help you be a better artist. I'm not against copying other poeples work (as long as you mention it of course) per se; it might not be the best way to improve, but if that's what you like, by all means go ahead. You should however try to think about why stuff is drawn the way it is, instead of just blindly copying stuff.

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Zionerds Art 2012-04-17 10:27:34

At 4/17/12 09:52 AM, J-qb wrote: If you don't know what you're copying and why... that is; why the original artist drew something a certain way, it's not really going to help you be a better artist. I'm not against copying other poeples work (as long as you mention it of course) per se; it might not be the best way to improve, but if that's what you like, by all means go ahead. You should however try to think about why stuff is drawn the way it is, instead of just blindly copying stuff.

actually I know what I'm drawing, and I can explain for myself where the shadow comes from and why it is there. I think its first of all there because it showes more depth and make the character look more alive second the sun is on the left so u have a shadow on the right to simplify it. and about the copying. I think its good because u learn and think how thing look like and it gives u practice in new things like fopr me the digital art. Evan the great masters of arts copy stuf to learn and get new inspiration. I dont want to say I'll get a master by doing this but it helps me to practice and its fun. Also I wont just copy stuff I'll do my own work to but for now I just practice to get a good own piece.
But thanks for ur opinion :)

Response to Zionerds Art 2012-04-18 19:21:21

so guys I made a webcomic because i was bored, I think its kinda cool but ye nevermind its just for some fun.

Zionerds Art

Response to Zionerds Art 2012-04-18 19:57:13

mononoke! I love Ghibli's studio! That movie based art is very good! ^^

Response to Zionerds Art 2012-04-18 20:43:12

Pictures look very nice, but colors should be more intense

Response to Zionerds Art 2012-04-20 11:41:12

my new picture is a character from NHK ni YÅkoso.
I liked the perspective so i painted him.

Response to Zionerds Art 2012-04-20 11:43:36

so here he is

Zionerds Art

Response to Zionerds Art 2012-04-20 11:55:49

You really need to stop working from anime if you want to improve.
Sure, working from a reference is a great resource, but at the moment, you're just imitating something that's already been made, as well as the fact that it's all stylized.
Rather, I suggest working on anatomy and figure from actual human resources in order to get a stronger grasp of form and shape.
Here are a few sites you can use.
http://www.posemaniacs.com/
http://www.pixelovely.com/gesture/figuredrawing.php
http://lovecastle.org/draw/

Response to Zionerds Art 2012-04-20 12:47:15

At 4/20/12 11:55 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote: You really need to stop working from anime if you want to improve.
Sure, working from a reference is a great resource, but at the moment, you're just imitating something that's already been made, as well as the fact that it's all stylized.
Rather, I suggest working on anatomy and figure from actual human resources in order to get a stronger grasp of form and shape.
Here are a few sites you can use.
http://www.posemaniacs.com/
http://www.pixelovely.com/gesture/figuredrawing.php
http://lovecastle.org/draw/

yeah it was just for figuring out how to draw with photoshop and my tablet.
so thanks ill check those pages out and try some figure drawing.
I'll post them here aswell.
so thanks for ur help dude