00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mishirozen just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

What if no more video games?

2,638 Views | 29 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

What if no more video games? 2012-04-01 07:33:53

Hello fellow gamers! Query for you here:
Lets say that tomorrow, all video games and everything and anything related to video games(ie paraphernalia like shirts and whatnot, or flashes based on video games, sprites of any/all kinds, companies like Nintendo, everything you can think of) were to suddenly disappear off the face of the earth, what would you do for entertainment, or, to put it another way, what would you do to fill that void?
Me, i'd probably spend a ton of more time on my computer and watching TV. I'd probably also become less lazy and would have more money, and would probably have a better social life. i mean, i gotta do something, right?

Honestly though, i cant quite imagine a world without some sort of video games

Response to What if no more video games? 2012-04-01 10:06:38

Well, the educational path I'm involved in will become completely pointless and I'll be out many thousands of dollars. So I would be displeased.

BBS Signature

Response to What if no more video games? 2012-04-01 10:12:10

I'd probably become an all A student.

Response to What if no more video games? 2012-04-01 10:23:35

I would cry.

Although, does this mean videogames can never be recreated? As in, we can never make any more videogames in this scenario?

BBS Signature

Response to What if no more video games? 2012-04-01 11:19:57

i would go out and live my life at last

Newest interview with Squidbit Cheeeeeeeck it out

You give up your freedom for the safety that the government promises you ~ Confucianism

Sig by Asandir

BBS Signature

Response to What if no more video games? 2012-04-01 11:59:25

World will be boring.Good thing I would spend more time going out and wouldn't cancel going out with my friends all the time!

Bitte meine beliebte Nazi mods, keine bannerino, weil ich auch ein Nazi Scwein bin! Danke schön

BBS Signature

Response to What if no more video games? 2012-04-01 12:17:06

My life would be ruined. I would become a depressed, sex-addicted alcoholic.

"Censorship is telling a man that he cannot have a steak just because a baby cannot chew it." - Mark Twain

Response to What if no more video games? 2012-04-01 12:52:58

I'd probably read more, it wouldn't be that different to me since I only play occasionally to relieve some stress, but not too much. Video games have become pretty dull for me lately.

Response to What if no more video games? 2012-04-01 21:52:54

At 4/1/12 10:12 AM, DirtyMeatball wrote: I'd probably become an all A student.

This.

BBS Signature

Response to What if no more video games? 2012-04-01 22:58:52

Well considering my life mostly revolves around video games and my love of them (quite sad, isn't it?) ..... I would probably become a "shadow of my former self" :D... but yeah, I would probably be very empty on the inside.

On the bright side, I guess I could focus more on music but even with video games I'm not that bad about neglecting my music (I just naturally take a long time). I think I'd just watch TV more hehe.

Listen to my (shitty) original music! (Only if you want to.)

BBS Signature

Response to What if no more video games? 2012-04-01 23:22:36

Well, I would be certainly disappointed that they're would be no more video games. Although, I might take up something else that I always wanted to do in the past, but never really got the chance to get too far with it. And I suppose that this will stop all those annoying 13 year old Internet gamers who think shouting racial insults and f-bombs every 2 words or so over their headphones is a good thing.

I guess it would be a mixed bag of responses.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to What if no more video games? 2012-04-02 09:29:33

Despair event horizon.

Response to What if no more video games? 2012-04-02 18:11:09

I would use the computer even more.

Shit that's quite sad.

Putting back fun in funeral.

BBS Signature

Response to What if no more video games? 2012-04-02 20:12:54

A world without video games? Where would all the nerds go then? THINK OF THE CHILDREN MAN!

HahahahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH. funny guy over here, look at 'im.

BBS Signature

Response to What if no more video games? 2012-04-02 21:42:07

I'm sure I would eventually find something else to do, but yeah, that would suck pretty hard.

Hey guys, you should totally check out my YouTube channel.

Also, dat Steam

Response to What if no more video games? 2012-04-03 00:48:57

the sun would rise from the other side, the stars would fall and the mountains would crumble as though made of cotton. the temperature would become so hot that it would be unbearable for all. the water would dry up and everyone would be in torture until a horn is blown by the angles causing everyones soul to rise........ for judgement day...... is finally upon us......

nintendo fan since 97

Response to What if no more video games? 2012-04-03 18:38:09

Life would become a bit crap since video games are a big part of me, though I'd make sure I made friends with a gamer girl who always wore something video game themed, so when the video game clothes disappear.. you can see where I'm going with that.

god

BBS Signature

Response to What if no more video games? 2012-04-03 23:21:05

I would have to fall back on animating and writing, my main goal was game design. I would also feel very sad, most of my time is taken up by video games, I love video games. I'm an active gamer and part of the community....which is this place. Gaming memes hurrah!

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to What if no more video games? 2012-04-05 11:19:10

Hundred thousands of worldwide people are going to be jobless. You know...

Response to What if no more video games? 2012-04-05 11:24:43

My world would end!

But yea, I'd probably just take up reading or something. I quite like reading, but when I have a games console in front of me, it always takes priority. Like right now, I have 12 books that I've bought over the last 3 years that I've either not started, or started and didn't complete.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to What if no more video games? 2012-04-05 14:54:05

Eh to be honest life wouldn't be all that different for me. I play a lot of video games, to the point where most people think it's unhealthy but I still manage to work out, spend time with my family, go out with my friends and etc. I would be very bored while I tried to think of something else to fill up my time but eventually I would get used to it.

"On rainy days, I just sit there and make deals with the devil. The fun never ends..."

BBS Signature

Response to What if no more video games? 2012-04-05 15:51:46

I would...fuck. I don't know what I would do. Cry? Get angry? ...Suicide? (most likely)

XBL Gamertag: Cpt D3FAULT | PSN ID: SNEAKYGAMEBOY | GAMING SINCE 2002 ;D

BBS Signature

Response to What if no more video games? 2012-04-06 13:10:50

At 4/1/12 07:33 AM, Lionelion wrote:
Honestly though, i cant quite imagine a world without some sort of video games

I can't too. Videogames have become somewhat an inseparable part of my life. You just can't simply take it away from me without me saying something about it.

As for the question you asked: I'll probably move away to Image Editing and Photography, or maybe I'll start dating a girl. Should there be a girl that wants to date me. Should. Cuz chances are there aren't any :(

...and not a single damn was given on that day.

Response to What if no more video games? 2012-04-07 23:57:43

I'd most likely get married, have the perfect family, have a great job and die happy.

PSN: BronzeRat

BBS Signature

Response to What if no more video games? 2012-04-08 22:08:12

That'd suck. I wouldn't be able to practice advanced driving on Gran Turismo, nor would I have something to keep my reflexes up. And the loss of rhythm games would hurt.

video games as practical/educational tools are more likely than you think.

I'd probably end up making better grades, make a shit-ton more music, practice drawing more often, and write a lot more fiction.

the other stuff I do.

Latest Creation: Wiretapped Wormhole | Website: Tydusis.com | Also, check out this webcomic I like: Inhuman

BBS Signature

Response to What if no more video games? 2012-04-09 01:13:05

I'll be playing D&D, playing games on the arcade (arcade games will still exist I assume), or watch TV. Cable TV.

I still like Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven!

BBS Signature

Response to What if no more video games? 2012-04-09 02:38:18

Ill probably replace it with sports, or movies...
I have will have less distractions, ill probably study better.
And i would play board and card games.
Seems like our lives would be better without video games... D:

Drawin' and being trash. :3

Response to What if no more video games? 2012-04-11 00:11:44

At 4/9/12 02:38 AM, 123mine123 wrote:
Seems like our lives would be better without video games... D:

weird isnt it? we gamers love video games so much, and yet, if video games didnt exist, it seems like me might be better people...kinda sad huh?
Yet, even knowing this, i wouldnt give up my gamer ways for the world

Response to What if no more video games? 2012-04-11 01:16:12

At 4/9/12 02:38 AM, 123mine123 wrote: Seems like our lives would be better without video games... D:

Unless it's the basis of your livelihood and studies. Then you're kinda boned.

BBS Signature

Response to What if no more video games? 2012-04-11 13:33:23

I'd take up a less expensive hobby.

UNCLE///

BBS Signature