[Contest] Win, Lose or Papercraft! 2012-03-22 19:18:17
IT'S TIME FOR ANOTHER PAPERCRAFT CONTEST!!
Chit chat, works-in-progress, comments, questions, criticism, as well as final submissions should all be posted in this thread. Feel free to include links to the final/larger pieces in the art portal and/or on your art page too! You do not have to be scouted to enter.
use the tag "papercraft" so they're easy to find!!
WHAT TO DO:
Use this template to create whatever your imagination can come up with! You can hand draw it or use an art program and print it, then cut it out and fold it up!! Once you're done, take a few photos from different angles (edit them together if possible, like the pic below), and post your creation!
You MUST use the provided template. Do NOT alter the shape but you can add to it (cut slits to attach ears, hats etc). Try to keep it the same dimensions as the posted examples (will fit on a regular 8.5 x 11 piece or printer paper).
IMPORTANT: If you are not experienced with papercraft make a sample first; print an extra template, glue it to some foldable cardboard (a cereal box works well), cut it out and put it together. Try it once before you make your design. You may have to adjust some of the slits depending on the thickness of the material you use.
1) Create your design--either with your computer or printing out the template and hand crafting it.
2) Glue your paper to some foldable but reasonably stiff cardboard, like a cereal box.
3) Cut out the design.
4) Fold it up
5) Take pictures of your papercraft from various angles and edit them together (720 x 700 px image under 200 kb for posting in the forum, bigger for the portal).
6) Post your image both here in this thread and in the art section of your userpage.
If you hand draw your papercraft it would be a good idea to scan it before you assemble it, that way you have a backup plan if things go wacky ...plus others can make their very own copies of your awesome piece of art.
CREDITS: the base of this template is from ny fat.
- FOLLOW THE TEMPLATE. Do not use a different template, but you can add other MINOR elements to your papercraft.
- POST ONLY PHOTOGRAPHS OF YOUR OWN, ORIGINAL PAPERCRAFT MADE SPECIFICALLY FOR THIS CONTEST WITH THIS TEMPLATE. Do NOT post one that someone else made, do not post one that you made at another time.
- Only entries that are actually cut and folded up will be eligible to win.
Thursday, April 12th. 11:59 PM (Newgrounds time)
1st Place: $30 in store credit
2nd Place: $25 in store credit
3rd Place: $20 in store credit
4th Place: $15 in store credit
5th Place: $10 in store credit
Newgrounds is not responsible for any cuts (paper or otherwise) users may receive during the making of their papaercraft creations.