00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Scottistrash just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Michael Bay Ruins Tmnt

5,137 Views | 80 Replies

Michael Bay Ruins Tmnt 2012-03-20 09:19:13

So, Michael Bay is set to ruin Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. By retconing them into aliens.

http://arts.nationalpost.com/2012/03/19/michael-bay-to-remak e-mutant-ninja-turtles-as-um-tough-edgy-aliens/

I'm so enraged that I'm having, like, an integer overflow error. But with rage.

-The Ninjkabat: Cartoonist, Animator, VA, Japanese speaker, and Ninja all rolled into one.

Twitter | Google+ | deviantArt

BBS Signature

Response to Michael Bay Ruins Tmnt 2012-03-20 09:25:36

Now I'm fully convinced that Michael Bay's goal is to destroy my childhood memories.

Sorry for my bad english. I'm not from this planet

Art Page|Art Thread|Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Michael Bay Ruins Tmnt 2012-03-20 09:32:39

Its Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, why try to put realism into this? The title alone sounds ridiculous.

He'll probably get Megan Fox as April.

BBS Signature

Response to Michael Bay Ruins Tmnt 2012-03-20 09:34:14

It's natural to be frothing at the mouth and gibbering incoherently in rage right?

"Anything could happen in the next half hour!"

"For the love of God, don't stop pretending you're a dragon!"

BBS Signature

Response to Michael Bay Ruins Tmnt 2012-03-20 09:44:39

At 1 minute ago, Trambamboline wrote: It's natural to be frothing at the mouth and gibbering incoherently in rage right?

Completely natural.

What do you think he'll ruin next? Inspector Gadget? Thundercats? Power Rangers?

-The Ninjkabat: Cartoonist, Animator, VA, Japanese speaker, and Ninja all rolled into one.

BBS Signature

Response to Michael Bay Ruins Tmnt 2012-03-20 09:49:58

At 2 minutes ago, Gambit wrote:
What do you think he'll ruin next? Inspector Gadget? Thundercats? Power Rangers?
That was all already ruined by shitty movies and the whole Power Rangers franchise was by far one of the worst thing in existence.

You goddamn heathen. Mighty Morphing Power Rangers was exceptional.

"Anything could happen in the next half hour!"

"For the love of God, don't stop pretending you're a dragon!"

BBS Signature

Response to Michael Bay Ruins Tmnt 2012-03-20 09:54:25

I just don't understand how Bay can be claiming to be creating something that will stay true to the source material when Peter Laird isn't involved at all.

http://www.ninjapizza.net/2012/03/michael-bay-responds-to-al ien-outrage.html

He responded by basically telling everyone to chill out. I'm not in a mood for chilling out.

BBS Signature

Response to Michael Bay Ruins Tmnt 2012-03-20 11:49:06

Oh terrific, and it's going to cost 200 mil. because of explosions right?

I HДVЗИ'T ЭДTЗЙ SLICЭD ЬЯЗДD SIИCЭ I ШДS TЩЗLVЭ

BBS Signature

Response to Michael Bay Ruins Tmnt 2012-03-20 11:50:25

Hey, I wonder if he'll take parts from a different movie and stick it in this one, too! That was so cool in Transformers 3. I was all like, "Lol, wasn't 'specting that."

The statement below this is false.

The statement above this is true.

BBS Signature

Response to Michael Bay Ruins Tmnt 2012-03-20 11:55:56

At 2 hours ago, creepyboy wrote: Now I'm fully convinced that Michael Bay's goal is to destroy my childhood memories.

^^^ Agree with this ^^^

What that guy did to the Transformers is simply unforgivable. I used to collect the toys and watch the cartoon when I was a kid so was over the moon when I heard that they were making films. One of the biggest disapointments of my life. I generally hate almost every movie the guy has ever been a part of. The rest are just meh.

- P R O F E S S I O N A L - G R A P H I C - D E S I G N E R -

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to Michael Bay Ruins Tmnt 2012-03-20 12:13:05

At 2 hours ago, Drony wrote: He'll probably get Megan Fox as April.

Doubt it, Megan Fox discredited him and called him a Nazi.

At least it won't be as bad as the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles coming out of their shells tour or the TV show "Ninja Turtles: The Next Mutation". Hee hee.

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

Response to Michael Bay Ruins Tmnt 2012-03-20 12:45:47

I guess he decides he wants to ruin more shit. His movies contain 99% explosions and 1% plot.

Minecraft - IAmJim .,--,. Steam - IAmJim

Sig made by Squidbit.

BBS Signature

Response to Michael Bay Ruins Tmnt 2012-03-20 15:08:16

Teenage Alien Ninja Turtles

or

T.A.N.T.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Michael Bay Ruins Tmnt 2012-03-20 15:09:26

There are no words.. I can't wait to whitness this abomination.

Also this:

Michael Bay Ruins Tmnt

BBS Signature

Response to Michael Bay Ruins Tmnt 2012-03-20 15:10:16

BBS Signature

Response to Michael Bay Ruins Tmnt 2012-03-20 15:15:19

Why doesn't he cut the bullshit and just make "CALL of DUTY: The Micheal Bay Experience" You know deep down thats what he wants.

As I recall TMNT was already remade in 2007 and that was actually decent.

QOTW:

"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr

How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature

Response to Michael Bay Ruins Tmnt 2012-03-20 15:18:13

At 49 seconds ago, II2none wrote: As I recall TMNT was already remade in 2007 and that was actually decent.

It wasn't really remade, there was just a new film. And you're correct on the decent part, I'd even go as far as calling it great.

I swear Michael Bay is making these terrible films on purpose. He just has to be. I mean, no one can actually think this is a good idea, right?

Response to Michael Bay Ruins Tmnt 2012-03-20 15:18:37

That's pretty fucked up.

Transformers 3 wasn't terrible though, so maybe it'll at least be watchable.

Response to Michael Bay Ruins Tmnt 2012-03-20 15:19:54

At 3 hours ago, MrRager wrote: Oh terrific, and it's going to cost 200 mil. because of explosions right?

That's rhetorical right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swHwX4yeTeY&feature=related

QOTW:

"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr

BBS Signature

Response to Michael Bay Ruins Tmnt 2012-03-20 15:25:22

At 2 minutes ago, DirtyMeatball wrote: Transformers 3 wasn't terrible though, so maybe it'll at least be watchable.

Transformers 3 was utterly horrible. The only reason I didn't walk out of the theater during that film was because I was having too much fun laughing at how terrible it was with a friend.

Response to Michael Bay Ruins Tmnt 2012-03-20 15:28:42

At 20 seconds ago, Oolaph wrote:
At 2 minutes ago, DirtyMeatball wrote: Transformers 3 wasn't terrible though, so maybe it'll at least be watchable.
Transformers 3 was utterly horrible. The only reason I didn't walk out of the theater during that film was because I was having too much fun laughing at how terrible it was with a friend.

I enjoyed it, in the way that people enjoy Transformers movies. By which I mean I sat flabbergasted by the explosions and dramatic music and all that other "zone out and enjoy" stuff, while paying little to no attention to the story.

I don't give a shit about watching Shia LeBeof try to get laid or whatever it was about, but you can be damn sure i'll sit back and watch spec ops troops with wingsuits glide into a city being attacked by giant robots.

Response to Michael Bay Ruins Tmnt 2012-03-20 15:34:39

At 2 minutes ago, DirtyMeatball wrote:
I enjoyed it, in the way that people enjoy Transformers movies. By which I mean I sat flabbergasted by the explosions and dramatic music and all that other "zone out and enjoy" stuff, while paying little to no attention to the story.

I don't give a shit about watching Shia LeBeof try to get laid or whatever it was about, but you can be damn sure i'll sit back and watch spec ops troops with wingsuits glide into a city being attacked by giant robots.

Amen, Transformers 3 redeemed transformers 2 from a comedic perspective. And the action is what you'd expect from Micheal Bay. If the transformer movies are done, I'm satisfied with the final sequel.

QOTW:

BBS Signature

Response to Michael Bay Ruins Tmnt 2012-03-20 15:40:03

At 2 minutes ago, II2none wrote: Amen, Transformers 3 redeemed transformers 2 from a comedic perspective.

I disagree, but whatever. I'm just a dick that dislikes that style of humour.

If the transformer movies are done, I'm satisfied with the final sequel.

The Transformers films are far from being done, they want to start up a second trilogy.

Response to Michael Bay Ruins Tmnt 2012-03-20 16:36:10

Did you know that the ghosts in Pacman were originally monsters but had to be retconed as ghosts because the sprites flickered (due to graphical processing limitations) when the game was ported to the Atari 2600?

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Michael Bay Ruins Tmnt 2012-03-20 17:11:29

It's not that dumb... there was a giant brain in the show. He just needs to say they're from another Dimension, and not from another planet.

Brain was from Dimension X so why not just say the Turtles are from Dimension Y?

John Rambo is my hero

BBS Signature

Response to Michael Bay Ruins Tmnt 2012-03-20 17:19:05

You guys should be too old to give a fuck about this. Just sayin

От каждого по способностям, каждому по потребностям

BBS Signature

Response to Michael Bay Ruins Tmnt 2012-03-20 18:24:24

At 1 hour ago, Painbringer wrote: Did you know that the ghosts in Pacman were originally monsters but had to be retconed as ghosts because the sprites flickered (due to graphical processing limitations) when the game was ported to the Atari 2600?

It's not the same. Pac man had been a relatively new and could easily be retconned at that point.

TMNT has 30 years of history saying they're mutants caused by the ooze. True, over the years the source of that ooze has changed with each reboot, but they knew to keep them mutants because it's in the freaking title.

Oh, and apparently he's also going to remove Teenage from the title as well. For serious.

BBS Signature

Response to Michael Bay Ruins Tmnt 2012-03-20 18:50:15

Really dumb idea.

Michael Bay takes Creative License waaay to far.

Viva La Liquid Funk Baby. Keep it Mellow for all our sakes.

For Crap Nobody Cares About

BBS Signature

Response to Michael Bay Ruins Tmnt 2012-03-20 18:53:17

At 27 minutes ago, Ninjkabat wrote: Oh, and apparently he's also going to remove Teenage from the title as well. For serious.

So now it's Ninja Turtles from Mars?

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Michael Bay Ruins Tmnt 2012-03-20 18:55:11

At 11 minutes ago, Ilssm wrote:
At 2 minutes ago, Otto wrote: The stuff that made the turtles into mutants was actually an alien radioactive substance though, so it's not TOO far off, right?
It was? I thought it was just spent radioactive goo or something.

That's what I said in literally the post above Otto: the source of the ooze has changed over time - in the most recent cartoon it was a byproduct of an alien race that was an homage to Krang - but the fact of the matter is that they are still mutated by it and they are still turtles from Earth. It makes them much more relate-able and it makes the audience root for them because they're kinda the home team. If they're just aliens from another planet, fighting other (probably) aliens, then who cares?

BBS Signature