00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Dialusional just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Intuos 5 2012-03-16 05:02:34

I got a chance to try out the next model of intuos at IGF/GDC last week, it has some really nice new features. The best one being it's touch surface so you can zoom in/out and use your finger as a mouse.

I have an intuos 4 that's doing a great job so far, but it's really tempting to get the new one. Seems like it would make things a lot more efficient.

Here's a picture of it after I played around with it a little:

Intuos 5

Response to Intuos 5 2012-03-16 08:23:55

At 3 hours ago, Izzy-A wrote: I got a chance to try out the next model of intuos at IGF/GDC last week, it has some really nice new features. The best one being it's touch surface so you can zoom in/out and use your finger as a mouse.

I have an intuos 4 that's doing a great job so far, but it's really tempting to get the new one. Seems like it would make things a lot more efficient.

Here's a picture of it after I played around with it a little:

Looks soo sexy :3 I just got my bamboo capture and now I want to get an intuos D:
Well, i'll keep using this one then ;D How does the pen feel and is the response for touch good?

Response to Intuos 5 2012-03-16 12:24:07

Personally i prefer the Intuos 4, because i would never end up using the touch function, the wireless function, and they got rid of my favorite feature: Customizable LED lights for whatever you want them to say (next frame, new keyframe, test movie, etc)

Sig made by me

Once again i'm falling down a mountain like a metaphor

Here ends another post by the grand master of all things: fluffkomix

BBS Signature

Response to Intuos 5 2012-03-17 10:10:18

At 21 hours ago, fluffkomix wrote: Personally i prefer the Intuos 4, because i would never end up using the touch function, the wireless function, and they got rid of my favorite feature: Customizable LED lights for whatever you want them to say (next frame, new keyframe, test movie, etc)

I never got used to the buttons. They replaced it with hovering over the buttons which displays the functions on your screen.

Response to Intuos 5 2012-03-18 03:25:26

Ahh, I'm so jealousss you got to try. You should get one if you liked it so much! :3

My job currently dropped the accommodations for Wacom products. So I missed out! D:

Response to Intuos 5 2012-03-18 06:19:34

I only got an Intuos4 a few months ago, so I'm a little annoyed, but considering all this really does is add touch (which I don't really care for) I'm not really too fussed.

Response to Intuos 5 2012-03-18 15:41:43

i wouldnt bother getting this whenever this comes out, i just recently got a intous 4 for christmas so theres no real point of me just throwing my tablet out and getting something thats essentially the same with only a few bits added in, kinda like each version of flash always adds pointless features

BBS Signature

Response to Intuos 5 2012-03-19 23:11:53

this looks so sleek, i've had my handy intuos 3 for about 6 years now and maybe its time for an upgrade, not that the 3 has ever failed me.

I've never been able to get used to the customizable buttons on the tablet, i'm stuck on the keyboard and weary of wireless things. Maybe the two touch function could actually be useful, making a useful function faster to do.

Hopefully the pen nibs in this version don't wear out twice as fast.

What sizes does the tablet come in?

Response to Intuos 5 2012-03-19 23:13:40

At 1 minute ago, jagondudo wrote:
What sizes does the tablet come in?

Small, medium and large. I don't think they made an Xtra large size yet

Response to Intuos 5 2012-03-23 13:36:29

I was skeptic at first about the multi-touch surface but after watching some videos, I'm definitely sold.
There is a lot of possibilities with the multi-touch features that would make my life easier at least. Also, the 2,048 pressure points is a real incentive for me because I've only tried the 1024 pp from my Intuos 3. Double the pressure, double the fun! :D