00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

markololohands just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Any CCC members on here?

985 Views | 6 Replies

Any CCC members on here? 2012-03-12 02:32:44

Talking about the california conservation corps, and am looking for advice. I'd like to know how you got in, if I may.

Because, here's my situation:

I applied with them like 6 months ago, and was told I would be put on a waiting list, for 4-6 months. I wait the 4-6 months, and call back my recruiter.(I now live in portola, but when I applied i lived in sac, and can move back there...if they'll hire me.(my sis only will let me live w/ her if i have a job))

I recieved no answer. I kept calling back every day for 4 weeks, so my sister's bf went and talked to them.(he worked there, like 14 yrs. ago) my recruiter wasn't there, but they assured him someone would call me. It's now been 10 weeks total I'd say and still no call back from this woman. I don't get what the deal is.

I need to get a hold of someone because I'm really struggling here. I can't find a job in town, and really, they're my only hope. I had my heart set on this, and have been waiting all this time. I think tomorrow I'm just gonna call the front desk and see what the deal is, because this lady isn't returning my calls for some reason.

Any advice really? What's the deal, can you tell me? Is this normal for them to do/be like, because I don't get what the deal is.

Response to Any CCC members on here? 2012-03-12 02:34:48

At 1 minute ago, WallofYawn wrote: Any advice really? What's the deal, can you tell me? Is this normal for them to do/be like, because I don't get what the deal is.

Those worthy will wait for word.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to Any CCC members on here? 2012-03-12 02:41:48

At 6 minutes ago, Ragnarokia wrote:
At 1 minute ago, WallofYawn wrote: Any advice really? What's the deal, can you tell me? Is this normal for them to do/be like, because I don't get what the deal is.
Those worthy will wait for word.

those who ask questions will never pass the second test of faiths dungeon

BBS Signature

Response to Any CCC members on here? 2012-03-12 03:59:48

Well, ignoring the trolls making an in-joke I don't understand/am not hip to, I only asked this question because I was at least half-certain that there would be SOME CCC members on here, or people who used to work for the Corps, or know somebody who has, seeing as this is a large community and the majority of members seem to come from California.

I'll try one last desperate attempt: if there are any California Conservation Corps members out there, seriously, can you give me any advice? It'd be very helpful, I assure you and I'd be most appreciative. Like, how long it took you to get in, how to get in more easily, and why this woman may not be returning my calls.

I know she recieves them, because she's a recruiter, she receives dozens a day and has to respond to them because that is her job, she recruits people for work. I was already on the list for a while now, so I should've been hired already. I've been calling every day for the past 10 weeks, and before that waited 4-6 months like they told me to. I was # 16 on the waiting list. What gives?

If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it, if not, thanks anyway.

Response to Any CCC members on here? 2012-03-12 04:12:44

I live in Australia, so I can't answer your question.
What I can tell you is that expecting an answer from someone at this time is crazy.
My advice is that you bump this thread when it is peak time in California.

Any CCC members on here?

Animator in training - Please Answer My Qu~es~tions

Response to Any CCC members on here? 2018-02-26 19:37:10

At 3/12/12 02:32 AM, WallofYawn wrote: Talking about the california conservation corps, and am looking for advice. I'd like to know how you got in, if I may.

Because, here's my situation:

I applied with them like 6 months ago, and was told I would be put on a waiting list, for 4-6 months. I wait the 4-6 months, and call back my recruiter.(I now live in portola, but when I applied i lived in sac, and can move back there...if they'll hire me.(my sis only will let me live w/ her if i have a job))

I recieved no answer. I kept calling back every day for 4 weeks, so my sister's bf went and talked to them.(he worked there, like 14 yrs. ago) my recruiter wasn't there, but they assured him someone would call me. It's now been 10 weeks total I'd say and still no call back from this woman. I don't get what the deal is.

I need to get a hold of someone because I'm really struggling here. I can't find a job in town, and really, they're my only hope. I had my heart set on this, and have been waiting all this time. I think tomorrow I'm just gonna call the front desk and see what the deal is, because this lady isn't returning my calls for some reason.

Any advice really? What's the deal, can you tell me? Is this normal for them to do/be like, because I don't get what the deal is.

I applied to them February 1st, I went to a phone call interview and then they put me on a wait list. They still want me to give them a copy of certain things such as a doctors note and the background check thing. I think you should try looking at other places

Response to Any CCC members on here? 2018-02-26 19:54:52

At 3/12/12 02:32 AM, WallofYawn wrote: Talking about the california conservation corps

Definitely not the CCC that I was remotely thinking of...

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature