00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheADHX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Woman Punched In Front Of Her Kids

8,017 Views | 133 Replies

Response to Woman Punched In Front Of Her Kids 2012-03-07 10:58:44

At 2 hours ago, Sensationalism wrote:
Neither of them were justified. When I'm working with children and one hits me in the face or bites me, I can't do the same back to them. I'm bigger and I know better. I'm also able to restrain them or redirect their behavior in a nonviolent way. Hitting someone back even harder isn't appropriate at all unless a life is in danger. Defending this piece of shit makes you no better than him or his woman.

Your metaphor comparing children to conniving and scheming adults is inappropriate.

CANT REFUTE SOMEONE'S ARGUMENT? CALL THEM A PIECE OF SHIT.

Seems legit.

Response to Woman Punched In Front Of Her Kids 2012-03-07 12:04:13

At 6 minutes ago, Im-A-Pirate wrote: Seriously? Are you trying to imply the only reason we are taking his side is because we're all misogynistic douchebags? Fuck you man, get out.

No, I'm implying that people are taking his side because finding justification for something that would normally cause outrage in the population at large is a fashionable thing for young people to do on the internet. Right now, the popular thing in society is to side with the woman in every case of domestic abuse (from either party or even mutual), with a few extreme exceptions. You're saying "Look at me, I'm the real idealist here!"

The problem is, you're caught up in the idea of "If gender equality is to be expected, then a guy should be able to physically retaliate if a woman strike him." Viewing everything through this oversimplified lens isn't really idealism, it's just a way to excuse yourself from the burden of discretion. Matters of self-defense and proportionate response aren't so clean-cut that as soon as one party escalates to say, physical contact without weapons, that doesn't mean that the other party automatically gets carte blanche to retaliate with any amount of force. This is logical, and recognized by law. To deny that is, again, a way to relieve yourself from the burden of actual thought.

For the record, I'm not blindly siding with the woman here either. It's not right to bait someone into a fight so you can catch it on video. Does that justify the guy punching her in the face in front of their children? I don't think it does.

Dead.

Response to Woman Punched In Front Of Her Kids 2012-03-07 12:25:47

At 8 minutes ago, Im-A-Pirate wrote: And why don't you mention her hitting him? Is it okay for her to hit him but not okay when he hits her and makes her shed crocodile tears?

I did mention it, in my first post. I said that what he did was not a proportionate, reasonable or appropriate response. Nobody's right if everybody's wrong.

Dead.

Response to Woman Punched In Front Of Her Kids 2012-03-07 14:09:30

Thank you Elfer for being a beaming light in a darkened place. You enlighten me and others I'm sure.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to Woman Punched In Front Of Her Kids 2012-03-07 14:12:11

At 21 hours ago, yurgenburgen wrote: I feel more sorry for the children. Their parents are obviously incapable of interacting like adults. Shame.

Bingo.
I grew up in a violent family and yes, the children are the ones who are truly getting abused.

Response to Woman Punched In Front Of Her Kids 2012-03-07 14:34:40

wow... So rediculous.

Response to Woman Punched In Front Of Her Kids 2012-03-07 14:54:56

At 28 minutes ago, Im-A-Pirate wrote:
You've got to be fucking kidding.

"Nobody's right if everybody's wrong."

Most sensible quote I think I've ever heard from a fellow Newgrounder.

BBS Signature

Response to Woman Punched In Front Of Her Kids 2012-03-07 15:09:21

Well, 80,000+ views later. Gotta say the like/dislike ratio is interesting of course I'd hate to see how stupid the youtube commenters are.

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

Response to Woman Punched In Front Of Her Kids 2012-03-07 15:11:00

At 41 minutes ago, RacistBassist wrote: You're absolutely right. The amount of swings the guy did in retaliation to the amount the girl did was extremely disproportionate. He only tried once to hit her hard, she tried multiple times.

Come on, you can't possibly take yourself seriously here. Do you honestly think I was only comparing the number of hits when I was talking about "proportionate response"?

At 15 minutes ago, Gagsy wrote: "Nobody's right if everybody's wrong."

Technically it's from that Buffalo Springfield song, but it kind of applies to everything.

Dead.

Response to Woman Punched In Front Of Her Kids 2012-03-07 15:11:47

poor chilldren

Newest interview with Squidbit Cheeeeeeeck it out

You give up your freedom for the safety that the government promises you ~ Confucianism

Sig by Asandir

BBS Signature

Response to Woman Punched In Front Of Her Kids 2012-03-07 15:27:13

At 2 minutes ago, RacistBassist wrote: Just because someone is weaker does not mean someone hitting back and having more force due to the size/strength difference make it disproportionate retaliation.

Even though there's oodles of case law that would disagree with you, let's set that aside for the moment.

Even if this were considered a proportionate response, it still doesn't make it justifiable for him to punch his wife in the face in front of the kids. Even if you think what he did was "fair," it's still not the right thing to do. At best, both parties acted inappropriately, both are at fault.

The other thing I have to take issue with here is the scope of information available compared to what you would need to form an accurate idea of context. Basing entire arguments off of the one minute of video we see here is like seeing one frame of a movie and trying to deduce the plot. Given the broad range of domestic abuse situations, there's all sorts of shit that could be going on that we have no idea about. Maybe he's been violent without provocation before and she's trying to get evidence. Maybe she was previously abusive and he's only recently decided to retaliate, and she was trying to entrap him with the video. Maybe it's something even more fucked up and complex than I can think of on the spot.

However, if we're going to play make believe and pretend that this is a situation that occurred in a vacuum, you should at least be willing to admit that both parties are in the wrong.

Dead.

Response to Woman Punched In Front Of Her Kids 2012-03-07 15:31:14

They were both at fault, far as I can tell. She was just as liable as he was, for they both started the argument and both got physical with it, without even thinking of their children.

BBS Signature

Response to Woman Punched In Front Of Her Kids 2012-03-07 15:31:21

At 4 minutes ago, Im-A-Pirate wrote:
That is the part that enlightened you? That is something I would expect to see on a saturday morning cartoon because of how stupid it is.

Actually I agreed with everything hes typed out. I just happen to really like that quote too. Plus if that is the kind of thing they are teaching children so there is hope for the future generation.

BBS Signature

Response to Woman Punched In Front Of Her Kids 2012-03-07 17:23:11

retard: *is shocked at domestic abuse when it occurs in an upper middle class white family even though it's common as fuck and tons of cases worse than this one happen every single day & even as i type this/you read this some woman is getting the shit beat out of her in some random country you probably haven't even heard of because you're the retard i am describing*

REAL TALK: you better go get a glass of orange juice & spill it all over yourself likea big dumb baby before i tear through your hymen like a dog tears through a piece of meat

BBS Signature

Response to Woman Punched In Front Of Her Kids 2012-03-07 17:33:19

every forum/place on the internet i've seen this video on has been followed by misogynistic morons talking about "mens rights" and stupid shit like that. guess that makes sense given that its the internet

Response to Woman Punched In Front Of Her Kids 2012-03-07 18:03:19

At 2 hours ago, Im-A-Pirate wrote: From this video, we see that the second she walks in, the guy is calm and playing with his kid. He is obviously calm until his wife provokes him. Obviously, she was trying to trap him. For what reason? I don't know. But it is more than fair from this video to say that she is just a dumb bitch. This isn't as mysterious as you're trying to make it out to be.

So what's your imagined context for this, then? Are you saying that up until now, their relationship has been just fine, happy, with no abuse from either party, and one day she got it into her head to set up this scenario, completely unprovoked? I just don't see that being the case.

Dead.

Response to Woman Punched In Front Of Her Kids 2012-03-07 18:07:33

At 2 minutes ago, Elfer wrote:
So what's your imagined context for this, then? Are you saying that up until now, their relationship has been just fine, happy, with no abuse from either party, and one day she got it into her head to set up this scenario, completely unprovoked? I just don't see that being the case.

You're just grasping for straws and speculating potassium BROmide.

Woman Punched In Front Of Her Kids

Response to Woman Punched In Front Of Her Kids 2012-03-07 18:13:47

At 3 minutes ago, DickBuns wrote: You're just grasping for straws and speculating potassium BROmide.

I wouldn't say I'm grasping at straws, since I still think that the guy shouldn't have punched her even based solely on the contents of the video.

Also, accusing me of white knighting because I said that both parties are at fault in a domestic violence situation is kind of a reach, bro.

Dead.

Response to Woman Punched In Front Of Her Kids 2012-03-07 18:23:21

Sure, she hit first, but you can see this guy being extremely intimidating/threatening. Not only does he have the posture and tone of voice of someone looking for a fight, but he even kicks something over and stands right over her.

If someone were bullying me around like that, I can't guarantee I would have the clarity of mind not to lash out first.

If I offer to help you in a post, PM me to get it. I often forget to revisit threads.

Want 180+ free PSP games? Try these links! - Flash - Homebrew (OFW)

Response to Woman Punched In Front Of Her Kids 2012-03-07 18:24:49

At 34 minutes ago, Sanch wrote: every forum/place on the internet i've seen this video on has been followed by misogynistic morons talking about "mens rights" and stupid shit like that. guess that makes sense given that its the internet

Imagine that, when something is the truth, the majority of logical people agree with it.

Response to Woman Punched In Front Of Her Kids 2012-03-07 18:59:50

It doesn't matter if she initiated contact he still has no right to hit her. He should have just taken control of her. Besides, it's not like we know what their family's situation was.

PSN: BLADEZGUY

Xbox live: FatlessPuddle0

Army Rangers

BBS Signature

Response to Woman Punched In Front Of Her Kids 2012-03-07 19:18:02

HAHAHA. Stupid bitch deserved it. She clearly hit him first. This comment I came across pretty much sums everything up:

She set up a camera, escalated a situation needlessly, and fucked with a guy until he got mad enough to fight back? Fuck all of you, there is *real* domestic violence going on. The woman is in the wrong and she's lucky she only got struck as lightly as she did.

Response to Woman Punched In Front Of Her Kids 2012-03-07 19:19:24

At 45 seconds ago, mothballs wrote: She set up a camera, escalated a situation needlessly, and fucked with a guy until he got mad enough to fight back? Fuck all of you, there is *real* domestic violence going on. The woman is in the wrong and she's lucky she only got struck as lightly as she did.

This about sums it up. yup yup.

私のちんちん

BBS Signature

Response to Woman Punched In Front Of Her Kids 2012-03-07 19:53:09

At 29 minutes ago, Im-A-Pirate wrote: No, that is not even close to what I'm trying to say, and you should know that.

Obviously, they were having problems before this video, but I do not believe at all it is because of the guy. The woman is obviously a bitch.

I'm not saying it's definitely all the guy either, I'm just trying to say that he's not blameless here, and to claim that he is means you're deliberately ignoring the details of the situation. To watch that video and then claim he did nothing to escalate the situation is ridiculous.

Dead.

Response to Woman Punched In Front Of Her Kids 2012-03-07 20:00:28

Its a playstation big deal

| Steam | Sig is by Homicide <3 |

BBS Signature

Response to Woman Punched In Front Of Her Kids 2012-03-07 21:54:44

They're both idiots for being ridiculously aggressive in front of small children.

The video kind of looks acted out, though, it just doesn't seem someone would get that angry over shit like that.

The preceding post was probably made when I was wasted. Only a fool would think of it as fact.

Click here to see mushookieman get pwned.

Response to Woman Punched In Front Of Her Kids 2012-03-07 23:21:11

At 1 hour ago, Sensationalism wrote: Lolol I'm a big strong man I can hit whoever I want, don't threaten my rights to do so. I will hit all the tiny, weak creatures I want.

It's pretty hilarious that people are making gender an issue and making it their reason for saying the man should punch the woman.

The only people with any sense are the ones saying both people were in the wrong here.

Your post is dripping of butt hurt. Care to share why your butt hurt is in need of some TLC?

Response to Woman Punched In Front Of Her Kids 2012-03-07 23:59:04

Watch the video again imagining they're both male, or both female.

No matter how weak you are, you deserve the retaliation if you instigate the fight. If a small man was there instead, I doubt it'd take more than a second before he gets punched if he behaves like that. Only because this is a man-woman situation did the guy hold back when initially provoked.

Setting up the camera then moving towards the TV makes me think the woman planned all this, knowing the law is biased when things like this occur. She chose to stir things up while the kids were there.

If you're a Newgrounds OG who appreciates Flash games with depth, check out the game I made in 2024.

Response to Woman Punched In Front Of Her Kids 2012-03-08 00:19:28

It's unfortunate that so many of you are too sheltered to realize that this is legitimate domestic violence and then you just laugh it off. I'm not sure why so many of you are taking the guy's side in this. He set up the camera, so he was going into this expecting trouble, and seemed to do anything to start it. (you can tell he set it up, because at the end of the video after hitting her, he turns and b-lines for the camera [while dragging her behind him]) Really, women hit guys all the time so why'd he hit her back? Men can hit like 5x times harder and women are more sensitive to pain so it's a double negative there. Why though, would he kick the TV and damage the display then demand he can have it? More than anything this was over a PS3, that's just pathetic. The down points for her is that she told him to just take anything and leave, but then starts religiously defending the TV and PS3 (which had no games, apparently). What she really should've done is ask him to leave, and if he didn't and started have a temper tantrum like he did then she probably should've taken the kids and left to a different room or left the building. Cops might be dicks, but to deal with a mindless meathead like him, then that would've been a shining moment for them, and she probably could've used them pretty bad.

Response to Woman Punched In Front Of Her Kids 2012-03-08 03:00:00

At 12 hours ago, Gagsy wrote:
At 28 minutes ago, Im-A-Pirate wrote:
You've got to be fucking kidding.
"Nobody's right if everybody's wrong."

Shut the fuck up Gagsy, I agree with Newgrounders ModernPatriot, Dickbuns and RacistBassist that its the WOMAN that is in the wrong here, the MAN WAS COMPLETELY JUSTIFIED.

Fucking feminism is the ROOT OF ALL EVIL FELLAS, thanks for dragging me into hell feminists!!!!1