00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ozziel94 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Pico Day and Monthly Voting

39,803 Views | 74 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Pico Day and Monthly Voting 2012-03-01 17:40:32

Today is March 1st, the first Monthly Voting Time since the redesign launch!

The link for monthly voting is on your account page although we do plan to make it more prominent. Check and see if you're invited! The top 10,000 active users from February have access to vote. Read LilJim's post for more info about the new page!

Check out the winners of the Orchestral Audio Contest!

Here are the top three, listed 1st-3rd.

Speaking of music, KingBastard has released a new album. He also made a post about it here on NG. Also congrats to KingBastard for winning the OraMIX remix competition! It was judged by Brian Eno, DJ Spooky and The Wire (magazine). Here is his entry.

Pico Day is April 28th! Notice: We will still award winners this year but will be taking a break from cash prizes. NG will attempt to sponsor a few submissions though so you can link me to your project preview in advance of Pico Day. The project system allows you to set up your submission, co-authors and API in advance of the event!

Pico Day has traditionally been a celebration of classic NG characters such as these:

This year we were thinking it would be fun to open the invite to include tributes and spoofs of ALL characters that have appeared on NG over the years. Just remember we have Madness Day in September so you should save your epic Madness stuff for that. What does everyone think of that idea? If you want to run with it, it would be best to get the blessing of the author you wish to pay homage to, especially if it's not a straight-up parody work. Let me know your thoughts.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day and Monthly Voting 2012-03-01 17:43:40

I wasn't invited.

Click my sig, it says so.

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day and Monthly Voting 2012-03-01 17:51:59

At 6 minutes ago, daethdrain wrote: Oh, cool. I always thought all the users were able to monthly vote. I was actually looking to ask one of the staff members. So I feel a little bit more important when you put it like that.

I actually thought that everyone was able to vote to.

I FEEL IMPORTANT :D

"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster,

and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day and Monthly Voting 2012-03-01 18:01:54

pico day rocks!

Pie is good, eat it, or else I'll kick your face.

Response to Pico Day and Monthly Voting 2012-03-01 18:03:37

I really like the new voting system... much easier to switch your votes around!

"A reward is it's own reward." - Killgar

Response to Pico Day and Monthly Voting 2012-03-01 18:06:47

The monthly voting page is much nicer now! The drag and drop makes picking and changing the order a lot easier. Good stuff, and i look forward to Pico day!

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day and Monthly Voting 2012-03-01 18:25:46

Wow - I'm just trying out voting now, and this is seriously oh so much fucking better.

Also fuck yeah Pico Day.

Response to Pico Day and Monthly Voting 2012-03-01 18:27:29

It's Strange, Tom.

Everytime when i will vote ''- '' in a review don't show when it is useless, it is a redesign bug?

Hello.

Response to Pico Day and Monthly Voting 2012-03-01 18:33:42

The new voting page is awesome. Just perfect.

Insert signature here.

Response to Pico Day and Monthly Voting 2012-03-01 18:40:07

Open to All characters throughout NG's history? Great idea! It's about time that some all-time greats got their chance to shine. (Examples: Keegan's Truck, Stick Slayer, The Lloyds, and possibly Assassin.)

I'm not impressed with the way things are going here.

Old Music|Artistic Progress|Current Music

MSN & Trillian: Ask first.

Response to Pico Day and Monthly Voting 2012-03-01 18:53:04

I'm working right now on my Pico Day submission, this time I'm not gonna fail.

Response to Pico Day and Monthly Voting 2012-03-01 18:54:55

At 26 minutes ago, JoaoGabriel wrote: It's Strange, Tom.

Everytime when i will vote ''- '' in a review don't show when it is useless, it is a redesign bug?

We decided to go with positive reinforcement on reviews - we show it when people like them but don't show it when people don't, although our system still knows they don't.

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day and Monthly Voting 2012-03-01 18:55:32

At 15 minutes ago, FightingSeraph wrote: Open to All characters throughout NG's history? Great idea! It's about time that some all-time greats got their chance to shine. (Examples: Keegan's Truck, Stick Slayer, The Lloyds, and possibly Assassin.)

It would be awesome to see Keegan's Truck 2012.

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day and Monthly Voting 2012-03-01 19:07:29

At 1 hour ago, TomFulp wrote: Today is March 1st, the first Monthly Voting Time since the redesign launch!

The link for monthly voting is on your account page although we do plan to make it more prominent. Check and see if you're invited! The top 10,000 active users from February have access to vote. Read LilJim's post for more info about the new page!

Uff awesome design on the new voting page!! I have been waiting for this since the redesign, it's inmensly better than the last. I like the fact that I actually know which movies I chose and which rank number I gave them hahaha That was the most tedious part on the previous designs.

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day and Monthly Voting 2012-03-01 19:07:37

At 11 minutes ago, TomFulp wrote:

We decided to go with positive reinforcement on reviews - we show it when people like them but don't show it when people don't, although our system still knows they don't.

I can respect that, but as someone who leaves the odd effort-ridden review it'd be great to know when my reviews aren't deemed helpful by the community (I like to know when I need to improve my shit). Does it still show up as useless when said reviews are yours?

Response to Pico Day and Monthly Voting 2012-03-01 20:30:14

It's great to finally be able to vote on the best of the month again, there were some really good ones, and I've made my picks. I literally just got into the top 10,000 yesterday, so I was able to partake in the voting. I can't wait to see the results!

[Report Rule-Breaking Portal Submissions] - [Game & Movie Portal Moderator]

Response to Pico Day and Monthly Voting 2012-03-01 20:47:16

I might vote.

Sig made by DLX

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day and Monthly Voting 2012-03-01 21:16:43

has released a new album. He also made a post about it here on NG. Also congrats to KingBastard for winning .

Wow. Brian Eno judged that!? Kingbastard finally got what he deserved. I just bought his album. Im excited for it to arrive.

Response to Pico Day and Monthly Voting 2012-03-01 21:18:16

I like the new voting system, it makes things easier and can't wait for Pico day. Good luck to everyone!!!

I love hunting for Blam points!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day and Monthly Voting 2012-03-01 21:18:45

Sweet, I was invited!

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day and Monthly Voting 2012-03-01 21:25:45

Trying to vote, but it's not working. The tiles will drag into the left column, but they won't lock into the box, and they're unable to be moved once dropped. Refreshed several times, and then went to portal> account> then to voting again and it still does the same thing. How long do I have to vote? What's the deadline? Pic of the problem is below.

Response to Pico Day and Monthly Voting 2012-03-01 21:29:19

At 2 minutes ago, Exedor wrote: Trying to vote, but it's not working.

What browser are you using? And what version?

Response to Pico Day and Monthly Voting 2012-03-01 21:39:22

At 2 hours ago, TomFulp wrote:

But it's sometimes good for us to know when other people find a review useless. If someone rips on an author and makes a 'wrong' (but not abusive) review, it's nice to see that some (or many) people have listed it as 'unhelpful.' Even if the review was correct in what was said, sometimes it's important for people to know that (many) people do not agree with their point of view. If all we can say is 'good job' then how can someone who's really off (but not abusive) be told they might want to rethink their point of view before submitting another review? Sometimes it's good to know when we step on someone's toes, so we can learn to not do it again. The old way was good for that.

Response to Pico Day and Monthly Voting 2012-03-01 21:48:58

At 19 minutes ago, liljim wrote:
At 2 minutes ago, Exedor wrote: Trying to vote, but it's not working.
What browser are you using? And what version?

IE8 and Flash 11. Pic of specs below.

Response to Pico Day and Monthly Voting 2012-03-01 21:51:19

At 1 minute ago, Exedor wrote:
At 19 minutes ago, liljim wrote: What browser are you using? And what version?
IE8 and Flash 11. Pic of specs below.

Thanks. Please see:

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1295795#bbspost23789707_
post_text

Response to Pico Day and Monthly Voting 2012-03-01 21:53:37

WHEN IS CHAT LOL! LOL! LOL!

Response to Pico Day and Monthly Voting 2012-03-01 22:08:50

Is that big surprise still due for tomorrow?

I laugh at your sigs!

Response to Pico Day and Monthly Voting 2012-03-01 22:37:21

Holy shit congrats King!

That reminds me I have listen to the latest eno album!

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day and Monthly Voting 2012-03-01 22:47:43

Wow, I was actually invited!
I was NOT expecting that

EGB || Sig by EmmaVolt

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day and Monthly Voting 2012-03-01 23:05:04

This year we were thinking it would be fun to open the invite to include tributes and spoofs of ALL characters that have appeared on NG over the years. Just remember we have Madness Day in September so you should save your epic Madness stuff for that. What does everyone think of that idea? If you want to run with it, it would be best to get the blessing of the author you wish to pay homage to, especially if it's not a straight-up parody work. Let me know your thoughts.

I definitely support that idea, which inevitably would make Pico Day just become Newgrounds Day, but I'm fine with that! It also makes the tank awards more of a big event.