00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

kyzakay just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Art thread of M.Maher

96,369 Views | 506 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Art thread of M.Maher 2013-05-12 15:24:13

I'd say your art is pretty good, but you may need to work on finding an original style. Not to complain or anything, but it seems to fall under the "generic anime" category. Go for something more unique and diverse, network and watch those views multiply!

The time for making a webcomic is now..Introducing...

BBS Signature

Response to Art thread of M.Maher 2013-05-12 15:46:58

At 5/12/13 03:24 PM, KiwiSundae wrote: I'd say your art is pretty good, but you may need to work on finding an original style. Not to complain or anything, but it seems to fall under the "generic anime" category. Go for something more unique and diverse, network and watch those views multiply!

I know right? my highschool obsession with anime has ruined me as an artist, I will now go commit seppuku because it seems like the most artistically logical action to take from here....

note to self, develop eye catching art style, if fail commit seppuku

Response to Art thread of M.Maher 2013-05-12 16:47:05

At 5/12/13 03:24 PM, KiwiSundae wrote: I'd say your art is pretty good, but you may need to work on finding an original style. Not to complain or anything, but it seems to fall under the "generic anime" category. Go for something more unique and diverse, network and watch those views multiply!

Are you joking, that is exactly what you do. It's good advice and everything but I don't think that you get to give it quite so sincerely.

This is a song about cum on hotel walls.

BBS Signature

Response to Art thread of M.Maher 2013-05-12 18:34:36

At 5/12/13 04:49 PM, Escalus wrote:
At 5/12/13 04:47 PM, Otto wrote: Stuff
Guff

Wait, what? who? I was off doing a mock up of the logo for the manga and I come back to this? I'm confused, like a xenophobe in a Black supremacist rally.

Art thread of M.Maher

Response to Art thread of M.Maher 2013-05-12 21:59:45

At 5/12/13 04:47 PM, Otto wrote:
Are you joking, that is exactly what you do. It's good advice and everything but I don't think that you get to give it quite so sincerely.

I have been deviating heavily from my usual stuff. I think you can trust me on that one. I mean, can you see how much my art has changed over the last few months?

BBS Signature

Response to Art thread of M.Maher 2013-05-12 22:02:05

At 5/12/13 06:34 PM, M-Maher wrote:
At 5/12/13 04:49 PM, Escalus wrote:
At 5/12/13 04:47 PM, Otto wrote: Stuff
Guff
Wait, what? who? I was off doing a mock up of the logo for the manga and I come back to this? I'm confused, like a xenophobe in a Black supremacist rally.

Ooh...This is nice, buuuuuuut...do you plan on releasing this manga of yours in Japan? If so, expect to wait until Comiket or some other manga conventions there. They're a great way to get noticed (and your ass kicked by the copyright police if you're not careful); not that I have ever been to one, but you get my point. I would like to see this mock-up in English as well if you would be so kind.

BBS Signature

Response to Art thread of M.Maher 2013-05-12 22:05:31

At 4/26/13 07:12 AM, M-Maher wrote: lol

Actually didn't get a chance to see this one. Pringles with dicks, fucking genius.

My YouTube Channel feel free to support me on Ko-Fi

I do video essays on ATLUS games

BBS Signature

Response to Art thread of M.Maher 2013-05-13 05:59:07

At 5/12/13 10:02 PM, KiwiSundae wrote:
Ooh...This is nice, buuuuuuut...do you plan on releasing this manga of yours in Japan?

Not really, the team just wants it like that, I'm using a more western mindset when it comes to this project what with the story being a Space opera and all, it's the direction the team is taking so I'd like to explore it abit.

If so, expect to wait until Comiket or some other manga conventions there. They're a great way to get noticed (and your ass kicked by the copyright police if you're not careful); not that I have ever been to one, but you get my point. I would like to see this mock-up in English as well if you would be so kind.

Me and the whole team have been over the potential for being stopped by the copyright police, as such we've been very careful not to invalidate other copyrights, this means original Gundam designs, an original universe, and nothing iconic such as haro or the newtype or X-rounder idea.

Technically its not even a gundam series at this point but some of the team are adamant about keeping the name, mainly because its what the series spawned out of, we're all fans of gundam and this whole project came out of the idea for making a homage to gundam, in essence we created the first ever fan-made western gundam series and I guess we can be proud of that.

Response to Art thread of M.Maher 2013-05-15 11:05:28

muh

Art thread of M.Maher

Response to Art thread of M.Maher 2013-05-23 19:27:01

The apocalypse has had an apocalypse.

Art thread of M.Maher

Response to Art thread of M.Maher 2013-05-26 22:00:53

two friends payed me a total of £30 to defecate onto photoshop for some youtube channel art. AND YAY LET IT BE KNOWN THAT THOU BE A CORPORATE WHORE.

Art thread of M.Maher

Response to Art thread of M.Maher 2013-05-29 03:53:03

doing quick sketches on twitter.

You know I realized that the act of trolling is much more of a motivator for me to draw than the need to drawing something worthwhile and cool.

Art thread of M.Maher

Response to Art thread of M.Maher 2013-05-29 04:04:09

Response to Art thread of M.Maher 2013-06-01 01:16:54

gettin' a little rusty

Art thread of M.Maher

Response to Art thread of M.Maher 2013-06-04 07:57:16

anyone got a good podcast? I can't draw without one.

Art thread of M.Maher

Response to Art thread of M.Maher 2013-06-04 14:36:58

cartoons

Art thread of M.Maher

Response to Art thread of M.Maher 2013-06-04 17:23:03

Yo Yo Yo ! Hey there Sailors ! Im new to this, check out some of my artwork let me know what you think :D

Art thread of M.Maher

Response to Art thread of M.Maher 2013-06-04 18:33:38

At 6/4/13 05:23 PM, Emmettc41 wrote: Yo Yo Yo ! Hey there Sailors ! Im new to this, check out some of my artwork let me know what you think :D

Hey emmettc, I remember seeing your work earlier on in the day when I was looking around at the unscouted artists, I really like that image you did of grey fox, it really peaked my interest and you should consider having a go at making more art like that, or at least use what you learned from it and implement it into your newer works of art, anyhow, welcome to the art forum, this is my art thread where I post all my guff, you should make one too, everyone in the forum helps out immensely by giving some much needed feedback, they sort of help straighten up your path as an artist, ensure you don't fall into bad habbits like awkward anatomy and the like, get involved I think they'll really like you here.

anyhow

Art thread of M.Maher

Response to Art thread of M.Maher 2013-06-04 19:30:47

At 6/4/13 02:36 PM, M-Maher wrote: cartoons

Kolor

Art thread of M.Maher

Response to Art thread of M.Maher 2013-06-11 20:21:59

guy's daughter wanted to be flash so I went ahead and drew flash based on her outfit.

I should think about doing dynamic posing, all this neutral stuff isn't getting me anywhere

Art thread of M.Maher

Response to Art thread of M.Maher 2013-06-22 01:35:25

something small

Art thread of M.Maher

Response to Art thread of M.Maher 2013-06-22 01:39:14

Something big

Art thread of M.Maher

Response to Art thread of M.Maher 2013-06-22 01:45:17

just a closer look

Art thread of M.Maher

Response to Art thread of M.Maher 2013-06-22 18:42:00

robot day soon, I wanna say I've got an idea of what ill be doing for it but i'd be lying if I said that.

Art thread of M.Maher

Response to Art thread of M.Maher 2013-06-22 20:49:30

I commend you at the fact your still drawing and keeping this thread active.

I am sure you will be a great artist in no time if you keep this up.

Response to Art thread of M.Maher 2013-06-23 10:43:41

At 6/22/13 08:49 PM, PMMurphy wrote: I am sure you will be a great artist in no time if you keep this up.

that's the dream ain't it, just gotta keep grinding.

Response to Art thread of M.Maher 2013-06-24 17:33:06

I finally know what I'm doing, not just for robot day, but i've figured out my process for drawing. BRB in few weeks.

Art thread of M.Maher

Response to Art thread of M.Maher 2013-07-10 07:09:18

boom

Art thread of M.Maher

Response to Art thread of M.Maher 2013-07-11 03:27:14

At 7/10/13 12:02 PM, KaDoYuu wrote:
At 7/10/13 07:09 AM, M-Maher wrote: boom
I like this piece. I feel the indentations at the bottom should probably be a little more shaded in the upper halves of them..
I do have a question about why it is so many paintings are done first in greyscale before color. Why is it done; what are the benefits of this technique?

I do it because it helps me understand how to do shape more and learn new lighting and shade techniques without having to waste so much time, in the project I will be doing grayscale up until the end of the prologue, then I move onto color in the way that at the start of wizard of oz went from grey to colour.

Response to Art thread of M.Maher 2013-07-13 16:09:58

don't gripe about the noire, once this prologue is over then we get to enjoy the nice oranges of mars,

Art thread of M.Maher