00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

xo1029392 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Tank LEGO

38,396 Views | 117 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Tank LEGO 2012-02-25 11:55:00

At 2 minutes ago, FattyWhale wrote:
At 18 hours ago, TomFulp wrote: Hey wouldn't it be awesome if you could buy a LEGO Tankmen kit and build your own LEGO tank?
Why yes, Tom, that would be awesome.

Agreed.

Signature done by Vee!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Tank LEGO 2012-02-25 12:21:19

5'd

I mean, support'd

Response to Tank LEGO 2012-02-25 13:50:03

yay, me lurvs it!

Wakka wakka

Response to Tank LEGO 2012-02-25 14:34:39

I've always loved Legos, but that's just awesome.
Just don't let it become one of those crappy lego shows/games.

I HДVЗИ'T ЭДTЗЙ SLICЭD ЬЯЗДD SIИCЭ I ШДS TЩЗLVЭ

BBS Signature

Response to Tank LEGO 2012-02-25 14:57:46

At 19 hours ago, Gimmick wrote: Awesome. It's so cumbersome to register there, though. You have to login to your FB account AND register? That's the same as not logging in with the FB account. Anyhow, voted.

Yeah that bugged me too, I feel like I was tricked into linking them to my FB under the guise that it would make the process easier. Also my validation email didn't arrive for a good while.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Tank LEGO 2012-02-25 15:04:35

Something to consider, the more votes it gets the more prominent placement it will have on the LEGO Cuuso site. Even if we don't generate 10k people from this post, if we manage to hit 1k it should get us ranked among popular submissions. From there it could get additional support from site regulars and we could consider a bigger push on NG. I think it's a longshot they would actually make it but I would love to see it up on their top rankings.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Tank LEGO 2012-02-25 15:29:58

At 23 minutes ago, TomFulp wrote: Something to consider, the more votes it gets the more prominent placement it will have on the LEGO Cuuso site.

Anything for you Tom <3

sig'd

Response to Tank LEGO 2012-02-25 15:34:24

At 22 minutes ago, TomFulp wrote: Something to consider, the more votes it gets the more prominent placement it will have on the LEGO Cuuso site. Even if we don't generate 10k people from this post, if we manage to hit 1k it should get us ranked among popular submissions. From there it could get additional support from site regulars and we could consider a bigger push on NG. I think it's a longshot they would actually make it but I would love to see it up on their top rankings.

My question is if they would even consider looking at this since the tank is a copyrighted logo. I know Lego has made some sets and figurines based around copyrighted images and franchises (Star Wars, Spiderman, etc.), but I don't think those were made via fan submissions. I'm sure that Lego has a decent legal team and would make sure that they couldn't get in trouble with you for putting this design out. That would then suggest, though, that they might have to pay you royalties for the design, which they might back away from.

Simply put, I think that this thing being a copyrighted logo is what's going to doom it to not happening. I don't think NG has the broad appeal for Lego to consider buying the license for it and I can't see them just making the thing out of fear that NG (i.e. you) might get pissed and try to sue them for using copyrighted things.

:(

BBS Signature

Response to Tank LEGO 2012-02-25 15:54:48

At 18 minutes ago, 1-800-CockJoke wrote: Simply put, I think that this thing being a copyrighted logo is what's going to doom it to not happening. I don't think NG has the broad appeal for Lego to consider buying the license for it and I can't see them just making the thing out of fear that NG (i.e. you) might get pissed and try to sue them for using copyrighted things.

Why would NG get pissed over something that they actually WANT them to make?

EGB || Sig by EmmaVolt

BBS Signature

Response to Tank LEGO 2012-02-25 15:56:17

At 18 minutes ago, 1-800-CockJoke wrote:

Simply put, I think that this thing being a copyrighted logo is what's going to doom it to not happening. I don't think NG has the broad appeal for Lego to consider buying the license for it and I can't see them just making the thing out of fear that NG (i.e. you) might get pissed and try to sue them for using copyrighted things.

Their rules state that anything that gets atleast 10 000 supporters gets made, simple as that, since that number represent a large enough appeal for them.

Minecraft had a fan made set go past 10 000 people, so why not Newgrounds?

Response to Tank LEGO 2012-02-25 16:13:41

At 7 hours ago, Naruto46346753839262 wrote: needs moar naruto vampy u__________U

Yo Fuck you queer, Go kill your mother.

Omg Omg Oh My Freeking flucking Gosh Dilly Willy. I want the Legos TANK. huzzah yeah yeah oh oh oh *creams*

Yes I think suicide is funny and I am sick of pretending its not.

eX(Wi/Ht? #45)

BBS Signature

Response to Tank LEGO 2012-02-25 16:15:12

My question is if they would even consider looking at this since the tank is a copyrighted logo. I know Lego has made some sets and figurines based around copyrighted images and franchises (Star Wars, Spiderman, etc.), but I don't think those were made via fan submissions. I'm sure that Lego has a decent legal team and would make sure that they couldn't get in trouble with you for putting this design out. That would then suggest, though, that they might have to pay you royalties for the design, which they might back away from.

(

The submission guidelines specifically allow for submissions based on popular IPs (like the Back to the Future model which already has like 5000 supporters). Once a submission reaches 10,000 votes, LEGO approaches the IP holder to negotiate the release of the product. The IP holder then has the right to say no. If they say yes, the individual who created the LEGO model gets 1% profit. But you will be pleased to know that this model was made by a Newgrounds employee (and LEGO enthusiast) which is why Tom is supporting it.

Response to Tank LEGO 2012-02-25 16:54:32

Looks pretty bad a$$ IMO

Response to Tank LEGO 2012-02-25 17:55:50

At 21 hours ago, liljim wrote:
At 1 hour ago, Tyler wrote: Speaking of the tank, the .PSD downloads under the http://www.newgrounds.com/downloads/designassets/ page won't download for me for some reason. Other files will, but no .psd will.
Please elaborate.

Maybe it was just a chrome issue, I couldn't download any of the .psd versions of the assets. I'm able to now that im on a different browser.

Response to Tank LEGO 2012-02-25 18:25:05

At 3 hours ago, TomFulp wrote: Something to consider, the more votes it gets the more prominent placement it will have on the LEGO Cuuso site. Even if we don't generate 10k people from this post, if we manage to hit 1k it should get us ranked among popular submissions. From there it could get additional support from site regulars and we could consider a bigger push on NG. I think it's a longshot they would actually make it but I would love to see it up on their top rankings.

I've shared the NG Facebook post about this, so hopefully we can get the rest of the NGers with Facebook accounts to do the same and spread the word.

Response to Tank LEGO 2012-02-25 18:50:51

At 1 day ago, Piggler wrote: Yay more toys!

I agree, toys are fun, on top of that a LEGO NG Tank (and Tankman for that matter) would be really fucking awesome!

"Plz don't call NASA on me I'm afraid of astronauts dude" - DJ-Ri (2015)

BBS Signature

Response to Tank LEGO 2012-02-25 19:03:52

At 36 minutes ago, GodOfVideoGames wrote:
I've shared the NG Facebook post about this, so hopefully we can get the rest of the NGers with Facebook accounts to do the same and spread the word.

Asking for support on Facebook and Twitter is key to this becoming a reality. NG has over 100,000 fans on its Facebook page, so if we could get just 1/10th of those people to get behind this, we'd be set.

BBS Signature

Response to Tank LEGO 2012-02-25 23:43:49

Supporter number 180!!...wait....9,125 views on this blog....180 supporters WTF!!!

Response to Tank LEGO 2012-02-26 00:51:07

Slap a picket sign on me and call me a monkey! I wiould definitely support that!... oh wait, I did!

Keep the creative juices flowing... if you need some, I have apple and grape in the fridge!

Pens are by the phone in the office....

Response to Tank LEGO 2012-02-26 01:00:21

At 1 day ago, mandog15 wrote: Fuck lego, lets use MegaBlocks!

Speaking of this, anybody remember K-Nex? It tried so hard to be like legos but everything you tried to build kept falling apart.

I laugh at your sigs!

Response to Tank LEGO 2012-02-26 01:33:44

Supported!

BBS Signature

Response to Tank LEGO 2012-02-26 02:25:54

Yeah, I'd definitely buy one.

I don't need a life. I'm a gamer, I have tons of lives.

Response to Tank LEGO 2012-02-26 02:28:20

This thread put me in the mood to make a quick Lego Tankman in Flash.

This took me a whopping 5 minutes.

Tank LEGO

Response to Tank LEGO 2012-02-26 03:09:56

Looks realy nice, just the tank looks epic. But i would make the the head of Tankmen white, not yellow.

Hi just call me Harry

Response to Tank LEGO 2012-02-26 05:25:13

At 5 hours ago, Seccuna wrote: Supporter number 180!!...wait....9,125 views on this blog....180 supporters WTF!!!

Not interested because of following:
- I need to make an account
- The tankmen has a yellow face
- Though the adaptation looks cute I would prefer a small statue for the price around of 10-20 euro compared to the 30-50 euro this thing would cost.
- I was there in 2004 :(
- Fuck their agresive law suits and nostalgie marketing plan invading a market with cheap prices ( still making a hell of a profit ) and then gradually putting the prices up so when those kids grow up they will buy lego for their kids but now fo 400% of the price.
- I WAS THERE IN 2004 :*(

Response to Tank LEGO 2012-02-26 09:36:14

At 7 hours ago, GodOfVideoGames wrote: This thread put me in the mood to make a quick Lego Tankman in Flash.

This took me a whopping 5 minutes.

It's alright. Did you use paint?

Signature done by Vee!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Tank LEGO 2012-02-26 09:46:08

At 4 hours ago, Migel wrote: - The tankmen has a yellow face

yeah i was wondering why his face was yellow
i mean yeah its legos
but they CAN have different color faces...
but really anything is okay with me i guess

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Tank LEGO 2012-02-26 09:48:49

It's one of the greatest ideas I've ever seen !

Response to Tank LEGO 2012-02-26 10:47:03

Yes this must be done. To the factory!

Response to Tank LEGO 2012-02-26 12:11:27

I see that Tom's no longer boycotting the Lego company.