00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Thrll just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Atr Featured In Psvita Commercial

703 Views | 1 Reply
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Atr Featured In Psvita Commercial 2012-02-24 16:15:33

Most of you might not care about this, or know what I'm talking about, but it's kinda neat. Mostly hilarious.

So in the US, they're running a commercial campaign for Sony's new PSVita handheld system, as a company should if they wish to sell products. The commercial is relatively tame compared to the international commercial, but that's not what I'm here to talk about.

In the US commercial, the background music used is Black Flags by a band called Atari Teenage Riot. These guys are staunch political activists and are essentially a circuit bent Public Enemy if they just so happened to be German (well, one-third of them, at least).

Why am I bringing this to light? Atari Teenage Riot are heavy supporters of Anonymous and what they do, whether it's for a greater purpose or if it's just for fun. If you remember correctly, about a year ago, Anonymous--or more exactly, LulzSec--brought down the entirety of Sony's PSN for an entire month, compromising usernames, passwords, personal details and credit card numbers. It was a huge fiasco to Sony's image and brought Anonymous to a whole new level.

TL;DR, Sony is advertising their device using music by a band that supports the people that brought down the PSN a year ago, and that's all sorts of hilarious.

The person/people that made the commercials are master trolls and I love that.

Response to Atr Featured In Psvita Commercial 2012-02-24 19:24:53

I laughed at the irony, but you have to remember that money can make a person do a lot of weird stuff. "Selling out" is really the only way to make a good living in the music industry these days, it seems.

BBS Signature