00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

NisoXD just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

StevRayBro's Stuff

11,499 Views | 54 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

StevRayBro's Stuff 2012-02-21 18:30:30

Hey Everyone,

Long time lurker, first time poster. I'm an artist living in Louisville, Kentucky. I mostly play in popular art styles such as Mystery Incorporated, or as you can see by the attached image Danny Phantom. I rarely draw the same thing twice nor the same art style. I'm very big on exploring and expanding my horizons. I also enjoy experimenting with characters by putting them in different art styles.

Feel free to give your thoughts on the image attached, but I would love for you to look at my blog. It has a lot more work on there for you to gauge me as an artist, and I post very frequently (basically every 2 or 3 days).

I've also did some art work for Guttamind's "Its a Wrap" animation. Just the backgrounds, the furniture, and the car. You can see those here. And if you're a Bowling for Soup fan I've done a lot of illustration work for them including the cover art for Fishing for Woos, and various t shirt and promo illustrations. Also in the works in doing stuff for Nightmaremode.net, RYEBreadRadio.com, and ThePutzCast.com.

Well, I hope you enjoy my work.

StevRayBro's Stuff

Response to StevRayBro's Stuff 2012-02-21 20:14:35

This one was made to parody Mystery Incorporated's ShaggyxVelma and all the references its made to previous Scooby Doo's incarnations.

I always found Velma and Shaggy's relationship forced and a bit creepy. So I decided to add Googe, Shaggy's one movie girlfriend from the 80's to the mix.

I also posted it on NG here.

StevRayBro's Stuff

Response to StevRayBro's Stuff 2012-02-21 20:16:30

This is amazing! What program do you use? I'm also guessing you use a tablet too

Response to StevRayBro's Stuff 2012-02-21 21:25:23

At 39 minutes ago, BlackMist75 wrote: This is amazing! What program do you use? I'm also guessing you use a tablet too

Yea, I was privileged enough to save up and buy an old Wacom Cintiq. Though you'd be surprise how often I swap out the tablet for a mouse with the pin tool. I use Photoshop for most of my projects, but I do use Flash and After Effects when doing animation.

I've got a lot of stuff, and since you can only post one artwork at a time, I'll just upload something with each reply I make. This one I made when Mortal Kombat and Portal came out. At the time I thought I was original but it looks like everyone has made "Portal Kombat" jokes.

StevRayBro's Stuff

Response to StevRayBro's Stuff 2012-02-21 22:04:06

"Portal Kombat"

why zub zero no get an ice cycle or something to retaliate?

Because some men aren't looking for anything logical like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn -Alfred

BBS Signature

Response to StevRayBro's Stuff 2012-02-21 22:17:44

At 5 minutes ago, Escapement wrote:
"Portal Kombat"
why zub zero no get an ice cycle or something to retaliate?

I actually just didn't think about it. I could say its based it off a fatality from MK9, but I'm not really that creative.

This next one is a personal favorite of mine. Its not amazingly well done... not by a long shot. The backgrounds are really uninspired...

But its called Yesterday's Family of Tomorrow. I thought it would be cool if we took the Jetsons the idea family of the future from a past perspective, and put them in today's idea future... a zombie infested waste land? George was dressed like the Walking Dead's sheriff, Judy is dressed like the chick from Zombieland, the mom is dressed like the girlfriend in Shaun of the Dead, and Elroy is dressed like some random kid from the 28 Days later google search. The dog and the two bosses are zombies.

I thought it was one of my more clever moments.

StevRayBro's Stuff

Response to StevRayBro's Stuff 2012-02-21 22:57:31

I knew your art looked familiar, I've seen your stuff on Deviantart and I really like your style. I especially love your Community fan arts (I hope you can post them here). Ahhh, and Welcome to Newgrounds.

Sorry for my bad english. I'm not from this planet

Art Page|Art Thread|Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to StevRayBro's Stuff 2012-02-21 23:28:50

At 22 minutes ago, creepyboy wrote: I knew your art looked familiar, I've seen your stuff on Deviantart and I really like your style. I especially love your Community fan arts (I hope you can post them here). Ahhh, and Welcome to Newgrounds.

Thanks! That's really cool.. its always exciting to see people recognize you, you know?

So here's the Community cartoon designs I did. I've actually did a few other Community related stuff you can see here. Including T shirt concepts and Pixelated Gifs.

StevRayBro's Stuff

Response to StevRayBro's Stuff 2012-02-22 08:42:50

Now for something completely differet, and not green.

Sometimes I escape the whole cartoon thing and try and digitally paint people... this is Sarah Chalke from Scrubs fame.

StevRayBro's Stuff

Response to StevRayBro's Stuff 2012-02-22 08:47:21

While we're on the subject of Scrubs, here's a Scrubs fan art I did in the style of Clone High. Some of you may know that Bill Lawrence was behind both Scrubs and Clone High, and the cast of Scrubs all made cameos as characters in Clone High. So merging the two isn't that far fetched. I call this, "Why Won't You Love Me" aka "Scrubs in a Nutshell".

StevRayBro's Stuff

Response to StevRayBro's Stuff 2012-02-22 10:13:31

At 1 hour ago, StevRayBro wrote: Scrubs

O_O
Y U NO UPLOAD 4TH PIECE TO PORTAL!

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature

Response to StevRayBro's Stuff 2012-02-22 10:37:39

At 19 minutes ago, Kinsei01 wrote:
At 1 hour ago, StevRayBro wrote: Scrubs
O_O
Y U NO UPLOAD 4TH PIECE TO PORTAL!

The Yesterday's Family of Tomorrow? Uhhh does this count? I'm very new to actually posting stuff on to Newgrounds, so I'm afraid if I'm just a "noob".

The next one I did a while ago, when Young Justice first came out. I was pretty stoked about it and wanted a cool wallpaper.

StevRayBro's Stuff

Response to StevRayBro's Stuff 2012-02-22 10:45:37

At 4 minutes ago, StevRayBro wrote: The Yesterday's Family of Tomorrow? Uhhh does this count? I'm very new to actually posting stuff on to Newgrounds, so I'm afraid if I'm just a "noob".

Brb, Scout being sent.
I like your stuff man, It has some nice twist on it. Especially said Jetsons Zombie thingy

Here is some "Light" reading over our scout system
Welcome to Newgrounds, the Art Forum and the portal my new friend :D

BBS Signature

Response to StevRayBro's Stuff 2012-02-22 11:01:48

At 9 minutes ago, Kinsei01 wrote:
At 4 minutes ago, StevRayBro wrote: The Yesterday's Family of Tomorrow? Uhhh does this count? I'm very new to actually posting stuff on to Newgrounds, so I'm afraid if I'm just a "noob".
Brb, Scout being sent.
I like your stuff man, It has some nice twist on it. Especially said Jetsons Zombie thingy

Here is some "Light" reading over our scout system
Welcome to Newgrounds, the Art Forum and the portal my new friend :D

Thanks! I think I accepted it. It gave me an error saying "This user already belongs to the portal!" Maybe I accidently doubled-clicked. Do my previous go into the portal now or do I have to resubmit them or edit them?

This one was done in 1 Hour and 36 Minutes and was my first attempt at a speed painting. If you want you can watch the progress on my very old and no-longer used Youtube account.

StevRayBro's Stuff

Response to StevRayBro's Stuff 2012-02-22 11:06:37

Nevermind, I see them now! Again thanks!

This next one isn't my most original piece, but I wanted to do something Super Mario World style. And after finding out Boshi's Japanese name was Washi, I thought he would fit in with Wario.

StevRayBro's Stuff

Response to StevRayBro's Stuff 2012-02-22 11:07:54

At 1 minute ago, StevRayBro wrote: Thanks! I think I accepted it. It gave me an error saying "This user already belongs to the portal!" Maybe I accidently doubled-clicked. Do my previous go into the portal now or do I have to resubmit them or edit them?

Yup your in there. And your old ones are in there too :3

Now you are subject to the snide comments, down voting, mean looks, pointed fingers, giggles, and bashing we area all acceptable to.
I hope you enjoy your stay, it will be a pleasurable one.

BBS Signature

Response to StevRayBro's Stuff 2012-02-22 12:34:57

Thanks again, hopefully I can get some comments snarky or not haha.

This next one is a bit of nostalgia for me. Its parodying the James Bond film posters with Double O Dale from Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers. This is a really old piece, but one of my favorites. Maybe I might remake it some time in the future.

StevRayBro's Stuff

Response to StevRayBro's Stuff 2012-02-22 17:32:10

Anyone remember Beast Wars?

StevRayBro's Stuff

Response to StevRayBro's Stuff 2012-02-23 09:24:13

People really seem to like this one. Its currently in the portal and is my highest rated. I did this one when I trying to draw 100 drawings in a 100 days. This was one of the earlier ones. Between being tapped out and finals coming around the corner the later drawings weren't nearly as good. The Young Justice piece was one of the 100 days too.

You can tell when I'm in a pinch for time, because things get VERY abstract quick. Good thing? Bad thing, that's up to you guys.

This piece also marks the day I fell out of Pokemon. It was a day a friend of mine convince me to go to a Pokevent at our mall to get a download for Heart Gold/Soul Silver. So many people dressed up in Pokemon clothes, and so many people 3 feet shorter than me. It was nothing but kids, and anyone taller than those kids were parents who didn't want to be there.

I still follow Pokemon for the character design aspect looking and judging the new Pokemon from afar.

StevRayBro's Stuff

Response to StevRayBro's Stuff 2012-02-23 21:20:49

RYEBread Radio is Chicago's top performing arts podcast and radio show. The show's host Akeem sent me an email about a month ago saying that a mutual follower suggested me to him. They were looking for some illustration work done for merch and for the new website. Which is all kinds of exciting. Not only did it bring a new opportunity to me, but it also shows that some of my followers care enough about what I do to actively share my work with others.

I still don't know who this person is, but if you're that person and reading this I want to thank you. I greatly appreciate it, and makes what I do so much more rewarding than it already is.

Akeem was impressed by my ability to change up my work's style to look like other popular cartoons. The first one was suppose to be Hannah-Barbera's Scooby Doo style. But instead of giving them a flat look, I gave it a B-Movie paint look.

If you want to see the other pieces of the set check them out on the blog.

StevRayBro's Stuff

Response to StevRayBro's Stuff 2012-02-24 06:02:29

At 2 days ago, StevRayBro wrote:
At 22 minutes ago, creepyboy wrote: I knew your art looked familiar, I've seen your stuff on Deviantart and I really like your style. I especially love your Community fan arts (I hope you can post them here). Ahhh, and Welcome to Newgrounds.
Thanks! That's really cool.. its always exciting to see people recognize you, you know?

So here's the Community cartoon designs I did. I've actually did a few other Community related stuff you can see here. Including T shirt concepts and Pixelated Gifs.

I love Community! You captured all the characters' essences awesomely, you might wanna Chang it though, it seems there's someone you forgot ;) You are very talented at cartooning, it's inspiring!

Response to StevRayBro's Stuff 2012-02-24 08:50:51

At 2 hours ago, Spaghetti14 wrote:
At 2 days ago, StevRayBro wrote:

I love Community! You captured all the characters' essences awesomely, you might wanna Chang it though, it seems there's someone you forgot ;) You are very talented at cartooning, it's inspiring!

When making that one I was going to make more characters but have them as sets of 7.

The next set was going to be Chang, Dean, Starburns, Leonard, Magnitude, Fat Neil, and Vicki. Followed by Garret, Todd, Annie's Boobs, the Human Being, Vaugn, Rich, and couldn't decide on Proffessor Slater or Quendra with a QU.

But I never found the time, because when I working on that project while I was in school. Though after I graduated I did do a small 30 second animation with them, its on Youtube. But its not very good. I think it looks really good as stills though;

StevRayBro's Stuff

Response to StevRayBro's Stuff 2012-02-24 10:12:52

I really got into Breaking Bad. So I decided I was going to make 5 or 6 pages of a stupid comic called, "Breaking Breakfast" which would have cereal mascots protraying the cast of Breaking Bad. Of course everything will become breakfast related. From Crystal Meth becoming Sugar Cereal to Heisenberg becoming Kellogg.

We'll see how this pans out, but for now here's a sketch what will become page one.

StevRayBro's Stuff

Response to StevRayBro's Stuff 2012-02-25 09:33:53

Megaman, yo.

StevRayBro's Stuff

Response to StevRayBro's Stuff 2012-02-25 11:25:24

At 1 hour ago, StevRayBro wrote: Megaman, yo.

I came.. the times I had with jenny the robot.... and megaman!!

the lord of our savior. el christio

BBS Signature

Response to StevRayBro's Stuff 2012-02-25 17:46:28

This is exciting! I do illustrations for NightmareMode.net on a weekly basis, and this weeks article (and my pic) made its way to Penny Arcade!

StevRayBro's Stuff

Response to StevRayBro's Stuff 2012-02-25 17:59:39

Cool stuff. Do you do any drawings that are straight from imagination, with no references to other imagery?

Response to StevRayBro's Stuff 2012-02-25 21:11:48

At 3 hours ago, lovingthedark wrote: Cool stuff. Do you do any drawings that are straight from imagination, with no references to other imagery?

That's new, most people don't want to see my original stuff. Let me know if you want explanations.

StevRayBro's Stuff

Response to StevRayBro's Stuff 2012-02-25 21:13:43

Here's a few panels of some stories boards I did a while ago.

StevRayBro's Stuff

Response to StevRayBro's Stuff 2012-02-26 10:06:25

Banjo Kazooie sketch, yo!

StevRayBro's Stuff