00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Snooze34 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread

260,080 Views | 3,445 Replies

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-06-11 15:50:16

I would say Suddle and SJD was really competitive. It was apples and oranges, which was what made it competitive. There are a thousand things to consider about it. SJD and Suddles strengths and weaknesses damn near canceled each other out. I'm gonna have to listen to it at least a few more times.

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-06-11 15:53:00

At 6/11/12 03:44 PM, DocterCerebro wrote:
I just hate when people get on here explaining why they think another should win, or when a battler tries to justify their victory. It's unfair. I take off major points when a battler does that. Flippoint vs Byron is a perfect example. That's what I respect about Suddle. He may be a dick, troll, etc., but he doesn't bitch. You may be taking Suddle's trolling too personal and seriously. I'm not saying I'm going to take off points from SJD for that little remark he just made to me though. That's minor.

Yeah, you have a point. I should leave people to their own opinions. It just surprised me that you said you had to give it more listens because it was so close or whatever, and I personally think Suddle's 2 personals weren't nearly enough to make anyone call this close. So I said what I did.

I don't have a filter and I'll speak my mind always, sometimes people don't like it but that's just who I am. And like I said, I hate Suddle but I respect his style. But if he wants to make it as a battle rapper- the dude needs to do more research and learn to use attacks that hit harder. I'm also kind of pissed at the voters here because when it comes down to the details that should really decide the victor in a battle then Suds should have lost to both PiG and Rich. I get frustrated when people vote based on flow alone. But yeah, that's my opinion and you are all entitled to yours, so I probably should have just left it alone after writing my review.

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-06-11 15:57:33

Everything is moot.
Allow me to kick you the facts from my perspective.
I didn't put any effort into this battle, I am aware of that.
Partially because I've been busy with my life and partially because I lost interest by the battle with pigpen.
I will just go on record now and say this : I DON'T BY ANY MEANS CONSIDER MYSELF A BATTLE RAPPER.
I consider myself a dope ass rapper sure, but not a battler. it's just not my forte.
now TEQNEEK....dawg....you need to chill out man! yeah I trolled everybody hard and all that funny shit I did, but I don't want you to think I have a "problem" with you. It was all born out of sheer boredom. but alas my girlfriend is pregnant now and I've had to loosen my grip on this forum and for the record Teq, I never voted on your battles.
I do however agree with Red's original assessment, I am indeed a gaping hole of negativity. So I do apologize for any negativity I spread throughout the course of this battle series. much love. get stoned.

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-06-11 15:58:39

At 6/11/12 03:52 PM, Scuare wrote:
At 6/11/12 03:31 PM, Teqneek wrote:
suddle hate that is somewhat justifiable
Here's my issue dude. You forget how much of a dick Sjd was when he came on telling everyone how much they sucked?

Well SJD rarely talked shit unprovoked, and never went around dishing out daily zero bombs for the lulz. He also never teamed up with Rav to call people gay and troll the message boards. SJD was pissed because nobody respected him at first when he came out with the Butthead hype track. I even called that shit. I was like "you're gonna get a bunch of shit from people for that, but I think SJD is gonna suprise the shit out of some people."

Anyway. Whatever.

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-06-11 16:03:10

At 6/11/12 03:57 PM, SoundGoodizer wrote: Everything is moot.
Allow me to kick you the facts from my perspective.
I didn't put any effort into this battle, I am aware of that.
Partially because I've been busy with my life and partially because I lost interest by the battle with pigpen.
I will just go on record now and say this : I DON'T BY ANY MEANS CONSIDER MYSELF A BATTLE RAPPER.
I consider myself a dope ass rapper sure, but not a battler. it's just not my forte.

See- I'm not crazy and I'm not speaking unjustified here. I respect your rap, but yeah- you don't seem like you give it your all in battles.

now TEQNEEK....dawg....you need to chill out man! yeah I trolled everybody hard and all that funny shit I did, but I don't want you to think I have a "problem" with you. It was all born out of sheer boredom. but alas my girlfriend is pregnant now and I've had to loosen my grip on this forum and for the record Teq, I never voted on your battles.
I do however agree with Red's original assessment, I am indeed a gaping hole of negativity. So I do apologize for any negativity I spread throughout the course of this battle series. much love. get stoned.

It's all good man, you just really rubbed me the wrong way and never really explained yourself as to why. Now that you have, I fuckin' understand your reasoning (even if it was still lame) and I also understand why you've been slacking in the timeliness. We're cool as long as there's no more unwarranted ridiculousness.

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-06-11 16:11:31

cool cool everybody needs to calm down, at the end of the day it's just an Internet rap battle after-all :)

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-06-11 16:14:43

At 6/11/12 03:58 PM, Teqneek wrote: I was like "you're gonna get a bunch of shit from people for that, but I think SJD is gonna suprise the shit out of some people."

True story.

I'm not saying anything else about the battle, but this discussion about Teq is quite interesting so I have to weigh in before I go get drunk and write some more hits.

This is the friggin Internet, where ppl should be able to express their opinions freely. Why do yall get on Teq so much for having a strong opinion? In a great many musical issues, I think Teq is way more open minded, even though he always seems to be in the minority. I DO believe that the circle jerk mentality of rappers tends to destroy creativity. It makes everyone do the same thing, rhyme the same way. I'm at the point now where I know exactly how some people will vote cuz they like this and don't like that. Rhyme this way, you won't get this vote. Rhyme that way, you lose two but you gain three. It's ridiculous. I've already determined that politics and really researching your opponent has no place in this battleground. Everyone wants sesquipadelianistic word flips and double entendres on some ol Busdriver nonsense. No points for visualization, storytelling or actual researched truth.

Half the time Teq is just asking you to see past your own noses and open your minds to new ideas, I think. I'm the same way.

And by the way, Flex, I don't have any weaknesses.

PS - Butthead WILL be back. Fuck ALL yall.

no, really...DON'T CLICK THE PIC

BBS Signature

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-06-11 16:14:47

At 6/11/12 04:14 PM, Scuare wrote:
At 6/11/12 04:11 PM, SoundGoodizer wrote: cool cool everybody needs to calm down, at the end of the day it's just an Internet rap battle after-all :)
at the end of the day I'm just Youtube rapper

TRUTH.

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-06-11 16:18:01

At 6/11/12 04:11 PM, SoundGoodizer wrote: cool cool everybody needs to calm down, at the end of the day it's just an Internet rap battle after-all :)

Well if that's how u think of yourself then that's what you'll always be. God, I hate false humility as an excuse to justify not reaching past mediocrity.

BBS Signature

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-06-11 16:27:11

At 6/11/12 04:18 PM, SenatorJohnDean wrote:
Well if that's how u think of yourself then that's what you'll always be. God, I hate false humility as an excuse to justify not reaching past mediocrity.

clearly didn't listen to the scuare bill battle^

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-06-11 16:34:12

At 6/11/12 04:14 PM, SoundGoodizer wrote:
TRUTH.

So...now that you've finished porking your girlfriend, are we or are we not still on to battle?

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-06-11 17:00:33

At 6/11/12 04:34 PM, RampantMusik wrote:
At 6/11/12 04:14 PM, SoundGoodizer wrote:
TRUTH.
So...now that you've finished porking your girlfriend, are we or are we not still on to battle?

yeah yeah I still have the verse written sitting there taunting me to record it so......tomorrow I will send it to you. promises.

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-06-11 17:57:16

I want the page to change because I have something important to say and I don't want it to be insta-buried. Here's a damn picture of something that resembles Gasmasq, in order to waste space. If you are reading this on page 111 then I used up too much space on page 110 and stuff.

Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-06-11 18:03:15

Okay- This is important and I'd like to know what you guys think about it. I swear if this somehow still gets posted on page 110 then I'm reposting until it shows on the new page.

YO RED, can you start stockpiling beats for next year's competition (yeah, I'll fucking be there, and I have a feeling it will be an insane comp) so we don't have to recycle instrumentals over and over? We need at least 50 beats and I think they should be pre-assigned to the battle they will be used in BEFORE the brackets are made up. Assign the dopest beats for the later rounds, and this shit will just get more awesome as it progresses.

But anyway-we need wayyyyy more beats homie. This CD is gonna have like 10 beats and 30 battles on it. That's wiggedy wack. Let me know what you guys think.

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-06-11 18:38:33

Only the later rounds are going on the CD, and the beats for those are all unique.

All of the beats up there I have been given explicit permission to use and sell on an album. I am trying to stockpile battle beats but to use them they need to contact me with permission. Over the last two years I pre-assigned beats, and that works fine. This is the first comp where MC1 chooses. I like how that's worked out though, it adds a nice bit of strategy to MC1's battle.

BBS Signature

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-06-11 18:48:10

At 6/11/12 06:38 PM, BigRed wrote: ooh ooh blah blah

All the changes you made are ridiculous. The rules you made are ridiculous.

BBS Signature

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-06-11 18:56:12

At 6/11/12 06:38 PM, BigRed wrote: Beats

Either way, it still sucks hearing the same beats used over and over. Even if the battles don't make it to the cd, hearing these beats recycled definitely takes away from the listening experience when hearing a new battle for the first time.

I understand it takes a lot of work to secure the rights for all these beats, but regardless I think we need to find a way to get as many as possible. Maybe open a discussion thread in audio asking for battle beats, and myself and others will keep the thread alive and push people to contribute their shit. Everybody benefits from this. As a producer, it gives you a thousand or so free views and opens doors to get your beats heard. As a rapper, you won't have to spit on a beat that someone in the previous round used. And as a listener, you'll be hearing battles done over fresh material.

And I really think the idea of pre-assigning a different beat for all the battles, and saving the dopest beats for the final rounds is the way to do it. But it's your circus and you're the man so do what you want, I'm just putting my 2 cents in there.

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-06-11 19:59:19

At 6/11/12 04:32 PM, Scuare wrote:
You right dude. The idea of a rapper being real and not saying he's the best thing to ever grace the Earth is such a trite and overplayed stereotype. Also, that was a joke referring to my battle with Bill. If i didn't think i could win this thing i wouldn't have joined it.

You can't win. I'm in this.

BBS Signature

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-06-11 20:03:05

At 6/11/12 07:59 PM, SenatorJohnDean wrote:
At 6/11/12 04:32 PM, Scuare wrote:
I can win this.
You can't win. I'm in this.

That's a fucking battle I'd want to see. Not that I wouldn't mind hearing a Kill Bill/SJD rematch either. I'm excited for the finals regardless, so whoever is in it, you fools better go harder than ever because this shit has potential to be a classic.

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-06-11 20:48:32

Seriously contemplating a Twitter campaign to battle Dizaster. I wanna get about 50 to 100 people to all tweet him at the same time that he should battle MadFLeX. Anyone interested PM me up!

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-06-11 21:52:04

At 6/11/12 06:56 PM, Teqneek wrote: saving the dopest beats for the final rounds is the way to do it

That's the one thing I miss about the old way. Next year I was thinking of releasing a limited number of beats each round. That way MC1 still gets to choose but I can save the strongest beats for the later rounds.

If you want to dig for beats now I'll still accept ones for the final battle.

BBS Signature

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-06-11 22:14:44

So I already asked HDC, but does anyone here wanna battle?

I feel like I'm getting out of practice.

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-06-11 22:16:57

At 6/11/12 10:14 PM, Obsideo wrote: So I already asked HDC, but does anyone here wanna battle?

If I didn't have so much other shit to do, I would.

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-06-11 22:21:13

At 6/11/12 09:52 PM, BigRed wrote:
At 6/11/12 06:56 PM, Teqneek wrote: saving the dopest beats for the final rounds is the way to do it
That's the one thing I miss about the old way. Next year I was thinking of releasing a limited number of beats each round. That way MC1 still gets to choose but I can save the strongest beats for the later rounds.

If you want to dig for beats now I'll still accept ones for the final battle.

Yeah man I'm opening up a discussion thread right now (unless you want to) in order to look for someone to submit a dope ass instrumental worthy of the finale. The championship battle beat definitely has to be something we haven't heard in the comp yet.

You'd think most of the producers on Newgrounds would jump at the chance to have their stuff be featured in the final battle. I'll set up the thread and link it here so you guys can bump it and shit. Red- you might even want to feature it on your page under the Clabtrap discussion thread. Or if you want, you can create the thread yourself.

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-06-11 22:35:44

At 6/11/12 10:14 PM, Obsideo wrote: So I already asked HDC, but does anyone here wanna battle?

Actually, you know what, pick a beat and start your verse. You wanna do four 16's or 32-32? And I'll hit you up with my verse in about a month when, oh wait, wrong battle, sorry...

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-06-11 22:37:52

Here's the thread link, and if any of you producers here (Ax, Rampant, War Spawn etc.) want to throw your beat in the mix then do it up! We need something fresh for this final battle.

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-06-11 22:44:32

At 6/11/12 10:35 PM, RampantMusik wrote:

Actually, you know what, pick a beat and start your verse. You wanna do four 16's or 32-32? And I'll hit you up with my verse in about a month when, oh wait, wrong battle, sorry...

Alright, I'll start writing!

Should have it to you by at least 2022.

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-06-11 22:47:20

At 6/11/12 08:48 PM, MadFLeX wrote: Seriously contemplating a Twitter campaign to battle Dizaster. I wanna get about 50 to 100 people to all tweet him at the same time that he should battle MadFLeX. Anyone interested PM me up!

5 out of 50 so far. Thanks to the original 5, good start! Another update soon, gonna go grind some out.

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-06-11 23:18:04

At 6/11/12 10:35 PM, RampantMusik wrote

Rampant, I'm pretty sure that was the shortest retirement in history.

BBS Signature

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-06-11 23:18:22

At 6/11/12 10:44 PM, Obsideo wrote:
At 6/11/12 10:35 PM, RampantMusik wrote:

Alright, I'll start writing!

Should have it to you by at least 2022.

I expect mostly pre-writtens, several bars of filler, a few disses on my accent, and maybe one other personal.

Send it to me by the time we colonize Mars.