00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Allthingz2020 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread

260,345 Views | 3,445 Replies

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-03-16 13:34:03

At 3 minutes ago, KillBillvolume2 wrote:
At 5 hours ago, SenatorJohnDean wrote: dumb shit
Probably because I'm not imitating anyone and it's my fucking voice. lol

Hater. You don't because you CAN'T. You just ain't on my level son...I can do everything you can do, but there's stuff I can do that you can't. I'm standin beside that Butthead track til the Chinese attack the Internet backbone and shut the whole shit off. Being able to imitate a voice and a mindset shows SKILL, not a LACK of skill. You can't imitate anyone on purpose.

Oh yeah, LOL LMAO ROFL etc. etc.

no, really...DON'T CLICK THE PIC

BBS Signature

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-03-16 14:42:23

At 22 minutes ago, KillBillvolume2 wrote:
At 38 minutes ago, SenatorJohnDean wrote:
lol

NOT SURE IF JOKING OR BLATANT IDIOT

BOTH SON... AND WHAT

BBS Signature

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-03-16 15:18:16

At 2 hours ago, R-avenger wrote: But yeah, Emergency is a sexy individual - 'twas a decent battle. LOL, but dude, you DID talk mad shit during the breaks, and I didn't. I just gave a shoutout to the homie Jamie Foxx, ROFL.

I apologize.

Mine and Rav's battle literally cause an internal server error on NG not 5 minutes ago.

BBS Signature

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-03-16 15:21:25

I don't even bother reading comments on my battles because when I do, I find such gems as "wat tha fuk was Rampant doin?"

I'm a creative person. I paint with sound. My stylistic influences include Debussy, Brahms, Elgar, Mahler, and Wagner.

But people apparently don't want creativity. They want Blest's pathetic cookie-cutter flow: can I even call it flow? His 'flow' and pitch stayed the same through the entire battle. If anything, that suggests he has very limited control over inflection and speed: in other words, anything but flow.

And to the people who claim they "can't understand" me? You need to shut the fuck up and try paying more attention to both emcees who are battling. It's not that I'm incomprehensible, it's that you can't be bothered to actually listen.

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-03-16 15:32:53

At 10 minutes ago, RampantMusik wrote: And to the people who claim they "can't understand" me? You need to shut the fuck up and try paying more attention to both emcees who are battling. It's not that I'm incomprehensible, it's that you can't be bothered to actually listen.

On some real dawgy dawg shit right now...

I understood you perfectly, I was wondering what people were talking about saying they couldn't understand you as well lmao.

BBS Signature

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-03-16 16:16:21

At 50 minutes ago, RampantMusik wrote: I don't even bother reading comments on my battles because when I do, I find such gems as "wat tha fuk was Rampant doin?"
Etc.

Yeah, I sympathise with pretty much all of this. As far as I can tell, its just that you're style doesn't suit the audience, nothing about your lyrics or ability to flow. Hell, I'll say it, I really like your new tracks, but they don't really gimme the hiphop vibe. I have similar problems, I mean, put it like this, I only just made a rap account because nothing I made before 2012 was anything but a downright embarassment in terms of style and flow (not a prob for you, prob for me). But I'm working on it, and I'm getting better. I think if I battled Beats again now, I would have won the battle (assuming his skill's the same now as it was a coupla weeks back, but he's probably improved too). We just live and learn I think.

Hell, we still up for a collab?

We all know the only competition that REALLY matters is RAC if we're honest.....

BBS Signature

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-03-16 16:25:57

I know Rav, Suddle and Bill's votes don't count, but once they do, PLEASE don't just auto vote for each other. I'd like to think you wouldn't, but it seems like it's already set in stone with you guys. Maybe not so much Bill, but Rav and Suddle definitely.

FistofTheEastCoast will already be autovoting for the three of you, and this is fact. It's kind of wack, because while I also have come to know a few people up here, I will never auto vote for someone.

I am making a guarantee to back up what I just said. FistoftheEastCoast WILL be autovoting for Rav, Bill and Suddle, no matter what. Just watch. I would bet anything on it.

And the only reason I'm saying something now is because his vote COUNTS. Also, it's not cool to auto vote for your friends, because some of the more persuadable voters will be swayed by your words. Just putting that out there. Aside from that, good luck to everybody. Just don't dick ride, it fucking pisses me off to no end.

BTW, I'm still listening to Rav's battle to determine my "vote", because while Rav has better flow, he seemed like he mailed his verse in, thinking it would be an easy victory. From hearing your hype track I know you're capable of much better than that. And while your skill should have you winning the battle easily, it's now a close one.

TL;DR- I'm guaranteeing that FistofTheEastCoast will autovote for Rav, Bill and Suddle without question, and Rav's battle ended up being pretty close due to his lack of taking the opponent seriously.

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-03-16 16:36:17

At 7 minutes ago, Teqneek wrote: TL;DR- I'm guaranteeing that FistofTheEastCoast will autovote for Rav, Bill and Suddle without question, and Rav's battle ended up being pretty close due to his lack of taking the opponent seriously.

Lol thanks for giving me some credit bro. Its not like I spent 6 days gathering information and writing verses to be told "You really tried and almost won only cause Rav sucked". I guess I'll never a get legitimate "good job," eh?

BBS Signature

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-03-16 16:39:59

At 53 minutes ago, KillBillvolume2 wrote:
At 1 hour ago, SenatorJohnDean wrote:
At 22 minutes ago, KillBillvolume2 wrote:
At 38 minutes ago, SenatorJohnDean wrote:
lol
NOT SURE IF JOKING OR BLATANT IDIOT

BOTH SON... AND WHAT
I WISH I WAS A SENATOR

I wish u were too so I could bring yo ass up on some ethics charges or some shit...but u will always just be the Volume 2 version of a filmmaker who drops the n-bomb in his films just to get publicity...

BBS Signature

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-03-16 16:47:09

Kill Bill v. Senator John Dean

The case has been opened. You guys should settle it in a side battle.

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-03-16 16:55:22

At 5 minutes ago, KillBillvolume2 wrote:
At 13 minutes ago, Teqneek wrote:
TL;DR- I'm guaranteeing that FistofTheEastCoast will autovote for Rav, Bill and Suddle without question, and Rav's battle ended up being pretty close due to his lack of taking the opponent seriously.
I dont even know who fist of the east coast is, I think he's a legit fan.

The FistoftheEastCoast thing really has nothing to do with you three, it has to do with him and his pre-stated loyalty to you guys. This was the first thing he said that got me worried about autovoting:

(Kill Bill hype track comments, page 2) FistOfTheEastCoast said:

i know u collobarate with rav so i came to check you out. damn, now im supporting 2 people in this compeition rofl you guys are going to kill everyone

-Sounds to me like his vote shouldn't be counting. Anyone else agree?

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-03-16 17:10:45

At 11 minutes ago, Teqneek wrote:
The FistoftheEastCoast thing

I don't know who that is either, so I don't think he's auto-voting for me at least.
but yeah, I didn't just give rav a pass, I have my reasons why I believe he won but when it doesn't count why exert the effort to type it? when it does count, I will take time to give honest unbiased reviews cause honestly tha god dont give a fuck nah'mean, I'm too busy counting pussy nah'mean fuck da rap shit sumtiemmz. real shit.

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-03-16 17:14:54

At 18 minutes ago, Teqneek wrote:
At 5 minutes ago, KillBillvolume2 wrote:
i know u collobarate with rav so i came to check you out. damn, now im supporting 2 people in this compeition rofl you guys are going to kill everyone

-Sounds to me like his vote shouldn't be counting. Anyone else agree?

Just off the basis of that comment, hell no he shouldn't be allowed to vote. "Supporting" people? This ain't a popularity contest. If that's the case, Rav would win cuz he could just hit up his Twitter followers and tell em to spam votes.

BBS Signature

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-03-16 17:17:11

:At 1 minute ago, SenatorJohnDean wrote:

no-one supports your wack ass, fix your political campaign senator dicksuck.

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-03-16 17:22:09

At 7 minutes ago, R-avenger wrote:

"This guy thinks Rav is good. His vote shouldn't be counting, amiritegaiz?" *facepalm*

No, it's not that he thinks you are good. I think you are good.

It's because he specifically stated he would be supporting you and Bill in this competition. Don't be facepalming me, sheeeeeit.

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-03-16 17:30:41

At 7 minutes ago, R-avenger wrote: Maybe he meant like... cheer on, or hope us see do well. I dunno.

I'm not sure, if you read his comments I'm not sure if he's the most intelligent man.

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-03-16 17:32:59

At 5 minutes ago, R-avenger wrote:
At 20 seconds ago, Teqneek wrote:
No, it's not that he thinks you are good. I think you are good.

It's because he specifically stated he would be supporting you and Bill in this competition. Don't be facepalming me, sheeeeeit.
Well, then friends shouldn't be allowed to vote too. Don't worry, I'm not getting much love anyway. :C *takes back facepalm, replaces with hug*

It's all good man. I wish there were truly a way to have unbiased voting, but it's an impossibility I guess. Oh well, I'm going to stop ranting and just have fun with this competition, because other than a few gripes, I respect the emcees, and Red for putting an absurd amount of work into setting this thing up.

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-03-16 17:37:53

Oh and sorry for double posting, but I just want to make it clear to Rav that I was not the one who brought up the twitter follower thing.

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-03-16 17:41:10

I want to ask a question for my future battles.

was the talking emergency did before his second verse not considered shit talking which was against red's full-proof battle rules? Please clarify it to me, so I know what I can and can't do in my later battles.

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-03-16 17:46:57

At 3 minutes ago, SoundGoodizer wrote: I want to ask a question for my future battles.

was the talking emergency did before his second verse not considered shit talking which was against red's full-proof battle rules? Please clarify it to me, so I know what I can and can't do in my later battles.

Depends. Was you saying "Fuck ya life, you're a bitch" considered pre-verse shit talking? I say let it slide, because I did it in mine, you did it in yours, Emergency did it etc etc.

I would say there's no problem with it.

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-03-16 17:49:14

At 1 minute ago, Teqneek wrote:
At 3 minutes ago, SoundGoodizer wrote: I want to ask a question for my future battles.
Depends. Was you saying "Fuck ya life, you're a bitch" considered pre-verse shit talking?

but when I said that I said i was kidding and apologized :3

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-03-16 17:51:56

At 2 hours ago, RampantMusik wrote:
And to the people who claim they "can't understand" me? You need to shut the fuck up and try paying more attention to both emcees who are battling. It's not that I'm incomprehensible, it's that you can't be bothered to actually listen.

After reading this, I can see a new perspective. I'm glad my vote doesn't count, cuz Rampant has a point. Blest was using an Eminem '95 flow right down to the triplets. Part of the appeal is that it's comfortable.

I think though, that Blest still wins because he has mastered his style more. I went back and listened to the punches. I actually got a lot of em, the standout being the Rick Santorum pro life reversal thing. But it was like you were rushing to get every word in. The lines controlled you, you didn't control the lines. I wanna feel like you KNOW exactly where every syllable is going. Kind of like The Streets. He's all over the place, but I can relax when I listen to him cuz he sounds confident in every syllable.

BBS Signature

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-03-16 17:52:53

I have been growing the voters list to bring in valid voters. When battles are near decision time I generally send messages out to people who have left good impartial decisions in the past and request that they judge the battle. If I see unfair voting I will bring more voters in to balance it. I look through every single vote and only count legitimate votes. If someone is being a trollish bum I probably won't count the vote. I'm also trying to get people outside of our comp to vote, and will bug people like MadFLeX, Self, and Cynic to vote as they are both solid battle rappers and not involved with the current comp.

I don't have a limited number of judges though, because when I do they often don't vote on everything and I have to chase them around for a review that might never come in. The attention the battles are getting right now is fantastic though, I mean one track can get 7 pages of reviews in a day or two. Large amounts of votes will water down biased votes.

Eventually I would like a system where votes have a weight, determined by various metrics like # of battles successfully judged in the past. Your vote may weigh less if you were voting on a friend's battle, etc. I have to program that system though, so it's not happening in this comp.

I count the votes of knocked out MCs because despite a few sour grapes the decisions are generally well thought out and impartial. Look at last year's battles, I was really impressed with how knocked out MCs judged the final rounds.

Yesh... In conclusion, I take the fairness of battle decisions very seriously. If I question the validity of votes on a battle I'm going to bring a few people I respect in to vote on them.

BBS Signature

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-03-16 17:56:51

At 2 minutes ago, Scuare wrote: Both MCs can record shoutouts at the beginning of the track before the beat starts. Keep it respectful, the intro is a place to drop names and that's it. Keep the disses to your verse.

Unclear

To clarify the rule: battlers have a 16 bar verse and that's where the battle goes. I don't want clever lines, rhymes, anything like that in the intros because if you're battling it should count towards your 16. It's not a rule I will ever DQ for, it's something I let voters take into consideration when making their decision.

BBS Signature

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-03-16 17:58:55

At 36 minutes ago, R-avenger wrote: If I DID want plenty of easy wins, as you said, I could just use my Twitter or SoundCloud followers for it.

No, you could not. I would be on that in a heartbeat.

BBS Signature

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-03-16 18:07:34

At 9 minutes ago, BigRed wrote:
To clarify the rule: battlers have a 16 bar verse and that's where the battle goes. I don't want clever lines, rhymes, anything like that in the intros because if you're battling it should count towards your 16. It's not a rule I will ever DQ for, it's something I let voters take into consideration when making their decision.

>red explains his rule
>rule then has no purpose for existence
>rule not meant to be followed/has no consequences

then why the fuck does it even exist lol.

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-03-16 18:08:30

Also, check out this texas MC I just stumbled on:

http://supplementalfriend.bandcamp.com/album/crush-texas

BBS Signature

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-03-16 18:14:02

At 5 minutes ago, BigRed wrote: Also, check out this texas MC I just stumbled on:

he sucks ass. and should feel bad for sucking his ass.

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-03-16 18:23:08

At 12 minutes ago, BigRed wrote: Also, check out this texas MC I just stumbled on:

Not impressed. He has the same "rhyme every 2nd syllable" flow, with the punch in every 4 fucking bars. Goddammit it's like every MC reads the same "how to sound just like I shoulda been on Rawkus Records 101" book.

STOP RHYMING EVERY FUCKING SYLLABLE FOR NO GODDAMN REASON, AND STOP PUNCHING IN EVERY 4 GODDAMN BARS.

BBS Signature

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-03-16 18:26:02

At 1 minute ago, SoundGoodizer wrote: then why the fuck does it even exist lol.

A voter could dock significant points for not following rules like that and I would be fine with it. It's just not the kind of thing I can manually enforce. Yet.

Plus it clearly shows me that you didn't bother to read the rules.

BBS Signature