00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

renatocfrancisco just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Creepy Cartoon Theories

161,717 Views | 61 Replies

Creepy Cartoon Theories 2012-02-14 17:55:31

Once I found out about Ed Edd and Eddy Highschool I became obsessed with my childhood favorite show. So today I decided to go on Google and look up random Ed Edd and Eddy stuff. As I typed in the word a result came up called Ed Edd and Eddy Theory . Intrigued, I decided to click on it and found this
http://www.funnyjunk.com/funny_pictures/2075462/Ed/.
Upon reading this short story about the children all being in a sort of Limbo i became both appalled and fascinated. Appalled because of the dark nature of this story but fascinated by how well written the story was had it not been about Ed Edd and Eddy I would mistake it for a Steven King short story.
For those who didn't follow the Link:
The theory is about the Cul de sac kids being ghosts who's souls have been unable to rest and who are in some sort of Purgatory. Upon reading this I have been very interested in other cartoon theories so far I've found a:
Fairly Odd Parents Theory(Timmy is crazy kills Vicki, imagines cosmo and wanda)
Rugrats theory(Angelica is a schitzo who imagines the babies are still alive although they are dead.)
Smurfs Theory( communist Russia)
Phineas and Ferb( Candace actually is crazy and the boys do absolutely nothing)
These stories all remind me of a book called animal farm. Animal farm is a book written by George Orwell which describes the Russian Revolution through Animals. Like these Cartoon Theories Animal Farm was adapted from a beloved childrens story where animals take control of a farm.

What I would really like is for someone to recommend another cartoon theory that is actually good. I consider the Ed Edd and Eddy one to be the best Ive read so far, The Fairly Odd Parents being the worst. Ive already heard of the Pokemon one with Ass Ketchum and im not interested.

Also I would like for others to read some of these and come back to discuss what you thought of these theories, make up some of your own. :)

Just know that these theories ARE NOT real. This is pretty much FanFiction which shouldn't be taken very seriously. The only theory that I know to be true is the Danny Phantom one. This Is actually not a theory, the show is completely straight forward about the gruesome deaths and restless souls that haunt the earth now. There are even a few characters who gave their back-story such as Amber "Ember" McClain who's song depicts her committing suicide by burning herself alive. Danny Phantom creator Butch Hartman, who also created Fairly odd Parents, once commented to E entertainment on the dark subject matter of his show saying "...this show targets teenagers and young adults... although we do things in a way that will entertain children, we really are trying to portray a deeper truth than just a kid who fights ghosts..." 2006 kids choice awards.

That's all I really had to say about the real or not subject. I wanted to dismiss any stupid uninformed comments before they arose. As I leave I just want to say that this is my first forum topic post and that Ill be making many more. Also Ill be writing my own cartoon theory pretty soon probably about powerpuff girls or chowder. Until then just keep on trollin.

Creepy Cartoon Theories

BBS Signature

Response to Creepy Cartoon Theories 2012-02-14 17:59:47

At 1 minute ago, Awesomkia wrote: Fairly Odd Parents Theory(Timmy is crazy kills Vicki, imagines cosmo and wanda)
Rugrats theory(Angelica is a schitzo who imagines the babies are still alive although they are dead.)

These are interesting to think about. I love Fairly Odd Parents. And thinking about that aspect to it is indeed interesting.

Just know that these theories ARE NOT real. This is pretty much FanFiction which shouldn't be taken very seriously. The only theory that I know to be true is the Danny Phantom one. This Is actually not a theory, the show is completely straight forward about the gruesome deaths and restless souls that haunt the earth now. There are even a few characters who gave their back-story such as Amber "Ember" McClain who's song depicts her committing suicide by burning herself alive. Danny Phantom creator Butch Hartman, who also created Fairly odd Parents, once commented to E entertainment on the dark subject matter of his show saying "...this show targets teenagers and young adults... although we do things in a way that will entertain children, we really are trying to portray a deeper truth than just a kid who fights ghosts..." 2006 kids choice awards.

This is great, I liked Danny Phantom however I barely watched many episodes. Knowing this about it makes me far more willing to look it up again and watch some more of it.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to Creepy Cartoon Theories 2012-02-14 17:59:59

Wow.. Interesting.

"EXTERMINATE!" -Daleks, Doctor who

Response to Creepy Cartoon Theories 2012-02-14 18:00:57

I skipped most of those things. I don't want you ruining my childhood.

Response to Creepy Cartoon Theories 2012-02-14 18:02:05

The Fairly Oddparents one isn't too bad. Never heard any of these, but you might like this.

http://listverse.com/2009/01/06/9-gruesome-fairy-tale-origin s/

"The misery that is now upon us is but the passing of greed." - Charlie Chaplin

"The Broken Window"

BBS Signature

Response to Creepy Cartoon Theories 2012-02-14 18:05:09

At A few seconds ago, nggangsterpimp wrote: Wow.. Interesting.

On that note I came across this picture earlier. With this theory of My Little Pony Friendship is Magic Pinkie Pie is really an insane girl in a mental institution, imaging everything we see in the show. Which would explain her breaking the 4th wall constantly and seeming to do things that shouldn't be physically possible.

Creepy Cartoon Theories

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to Creepy Cartoon Theories 2012-02-14 18:11:02

My childhood is on lock and no weird fan fic is going to corrupt it.

QOTW:

"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr

How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature

Response to Creepy Cartoon Theories 2012-02-14 18:14:33

At A few seconds ago, II2none wrote: My childhood is on lock and no weird fan fic is going to corrupt it.

Sonic X was really about a lonely kid who retreated into a fantasy world where he was best friends with a video game character, because his parents were too busy for him.

Response to Creepy Cartoon Theories 2012-02-14 18:22:51

At 12 seconds ago, slipstrike wrote:
At A few seconds ago, II2none wrote: My childhood is on lock and no weird fan fic is going to corrupt it.
Sonic X was really about a lonely kid who retreated into a fantasy world where he was best friends with a video game character, because his parents were too busy for him.

I was actually referring to Ed, Edd'n Eddy. Don't really consider Sonic X part of my childhood I was 14 when I found out about it, it's too censored and 4kids is whoring the series since 2006. Because 4kids likes whore it out and takw advantage of ignorant kids this series can go to HELL.

I hope there a new one that's more mature and action packed one based on the archive comics would be fantastic.

QOTW:

"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr

BBS Signature

Response to Creepy Cartoon Theories 2012-02-14 18:30:44

At 4 minutes ago, II2none wrote: stuff

Slipstrike used cheap shot! ...It wasn't very effective...
Pokemon was pretty much half my childhood, and that's a relative gold mine for this sort of thing.
Good thing I don't care anymore.
:The other half is videogames, and that's inviolate because it's too broad a subject.

Response to Creepy Cartoon Theories 2012-02-14 18:37:53

I find these interesting but annoying at the same time since it's just someone who's trying to make something out of an "innocent" children's cartoon. Unless the creators ever came out or implied, "Oh this is what it's really about" I find the annoying.

It reminds me of the one based on the Pokemon games claiming there was a war and that's why all the Pokemon trainers are so young. Also, something about you killing Gary's Raticate in the original games.

BBS Signature

Response to Creepy Cartoon Theories 2012-02-14 18:52:08

Some of the stories are pretty well done, but a lot of them seem too farfetched with little evidence in the show. It seems like every show has it's own little story now, it's been done to death.

BBS Signature

Response to Creepy Cartoon Theories 2012-02-14 18:52:44

Meh, I guess these can be pretty interesting sometimes, especially if someone put a lot of thought and effort into the writing. But I'm always so cynical about it, that I find something that they screwed up that wouldn't make sense in the cannon of whatever show they are talking about. Which is just a children's show. Sad, I know.

You know what, the grandaddy of all of these isn't even a children's cartoon, and it is a lot more devised and intricate than any of these. It's the "Paul is Dead" theory, that I'm sure most of not all of the Beatles fans have heard of by now. There was even a movie made recently that apparently features the voice of George Harrison on a lost tape recording, telling all the "facts" and how John was murdered because of it, and that he would go soon after. And the British government was involved, and ect.

It was all very entertaining, and it's fun to try to think of it as a true story when watching, but I had to go all cynical about things again and notice an error. The "George" talking on the tape says that John wrote the song "it's Only a Northern Song" for whatever reason, but I know for a fact that it is a song written and sung by Harrison himself. While the rest of it is very detailed and gets most of the songs and albums and ect correct, that one mistake blew the entertainment for me.

Not like it hasn't happened before, people often mistake John and George's voice, as they ARE very similar. You'd have to listen to the Beatles a lot to really tell the difference. A very often mistake is that people think that "Something" was written/sung by John Lennon and not George Harrison. Even the late Frank Sinatra got that one wrong. Even my ex was really upset when I told her who it was actually written by, since John Lennon is one of her favorite artists. She responded to my stating I "Ruined her childhood" :P

I need to learn to play along better...

Response to Creepy Cartoon Theories 2012-02-14 18:55:36

At 22 minutes ago, slipstrike wrote:
At 4 minutes ago, II2none wrote: stuff
Slipstrike used cheap shot! ...It wasn't very effective...
Pokemon was pretty much half my childhood, and that's a relative gold mine for this sort of thing.

Anime was cool till I lost interest at Battle Advance.

Games were cool till I lost interest at Emerald Version. I guess it's turn base same old same old game play style finally lost it's appeal.

QOTW:

BBS Signature

Response to Creepy Cartoon Theories 2012-02-14 19:02:18

At 54 minutes ago, Ragnarokia wrote:
At A few seconds ago, nggangsterpimp wrote: Wow.. Interesting.
On that note I came across this picture earlier. With this theory of My Little Pony Friendship is Magic Pinkie Pie is really an insane girl in a mental institution, imaging everything we see in the show. Which would explain her breaking the 4th wall constantly and seeming to do things that shouldn't be physically possible.

That picture is amazing lol. That makes quite a bit of sense, and well I like it. I am no brony, but I do not mind an episode of MLP:FIM So yea that made me smile seeing that. Sorta reminds me of deadpool, and his 4th wall breaking.

My Youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/fuzzum1 11

If you get a ban, it was totally worth it. 10/10, I love you. -Skaren

BBS Signature

Response to Creepy Cartoon Theories 2012-02-14 19:25:02

At 1 hour ago, slipstrike wrote:

And then, a skeleton popped out.

Response to Creepy Cartoon Theories 2012-02-14 19:33:11

I have a pretty freaky theory on why people don't age in cartoons.

Call me crazy, but I think it's because no kid would want to watch a gritty tale about adult cartoon characters facing adult problems.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to Creepy Cartoon Theories 2012-02-14 19:35:41

Didn't read, don't care, don't pay attention to anything you read on or from /x/.

BBS Signature

Response to Creepy Cartoon Theories 2012-02-14 19:36:26

At 9 minutes ago, dltg3 wrote:

But who was phone?

Ecchi first, ask questions never.

BBS Signature

Response to Creepy Cartoon Theories 2012-02-14 19:38:08

At 15 seconds ago, Suprememessage wrote:
At 9 minutes ago, dltg3 wrote:

But who was phone?

Better grab my palsma gun.

Response to Creepy Cartoon Theories 2012-02-14 19:51:50

I didnt understand the Ed Edd and Eddy theory at all.

:O

Response to Creepy Cartoon Theories 2012-02-14 19:55:26

At 1 hour ago, Awesomkia wrote:
Upon reading this short story about the children all being in a sort of Limbo i became both appalled and fascinated. Appalled because of the dark nature of this story but fascinated by how well written the story was had it not been about Ed Edd and Eddy I would mistake it for a Steven King short story.
For those who didn't follow the Link:
The theory is about the Cul de sac kids being ghosts who's souls have been unable to rest and who are in some sort of Purgatory. Upon reading this I have been very interested in other cartoon theories so far I've found a:

DORK!

Anyway, what about Eddy's brother? His appearance near the end of the movie was the one break in the minimalistic cast of the show.
Also, how is it a purgatory when the fourth wall tends to get frequently ripped apart?

Secret Mountain Fort Awesome Theory is more likely to be a purgatory realm...if not one of Hell.

I believe in the ultimate triumph of evil over good in this world.

It doesn't help that we keep funding our enemies.

Response to Creepy Cartoon Theories 2012-02-14 20:10:03

BBS Signature

Response to Creepy Cartoon Theories 2012-02-14 20:10:36

The theory that applies to all cartoons, that they were written by forty year old virgins living in their mother's basement.

Ecchi first, ask questions never.

BBS Signature

Response to Creepy Cartoon Theories 2012-02-14 20:15:50

Check out this inspector gadget creepy pasta, its pretty cool and fucked up at the same time.

Response to Creepy Cartoon Theories 2012-02-14 20:16:24

Yeah, it's like the article explaining Ash Ketchum in Pokemon is in a coma. Team Rocket in it's entirety represents a section of his sexuality (Meowth his innocence) and Giovanni represents his father figure. Since his mom is alone, the helper around the house is Mr. Mime because it's a safe, harmless thing. Him constantly getting shocked by Pikachu is the shock therapy he's undergoing while he's under. It goes on and on and on....

There's lots of fan-written material like this that's interesting if nothing else because it's a mind opener. Helps you think outside of the box.

-Formerly known as Phobotech-

Voice Actor / Pre-Production Animator / Illustrator / T-Shirt Designer / Author

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature

Response to Creepy Cartoon Theories 2012-02-14 20:21:32

At 1 minute ago, Suprememessage wrote: The theory that applies to all cartoons, that they were written by forty year old virgins living in their mother's basement.

Cartoon's plot =UNPOPULAR KID*e^(xy)
e=1-2 friends
X=bully
y=female love interest who likes bully

ehh, what do you know.

(also continuous growth formula A(t)=Pe^(rt)

Response to Creepy Cartoon Theories 2012-02-14 20:22:16

Anyone have the Danny Phantom one? If there is a story about that one.

Response to Creepy Cartoon Theories 2012-02-14 20:30:45

At 2 hours ago, MaartenC wrote: I skipped most of those things. I don't want you ruining my childhood.

Lucky you my soul has been dead since i read that Rugrats thing

BBS Signature

Response to Creepy Cartoon Theories 2012-02-14 20:34:59

It's been soooo long since I've seen ed, edd and eddy. OMG I loved that show!