00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

WannabePyx just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

DragonBoy, back again?

782 Views | 5 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

DragonBoy, back again? 2012-02-12 10:21:39

Oah. So im here again. from like. 5 or so months of not being here. And probably no one remembers me. But I have been dabbling a bit with my art. So If anyone has the time to stop and check this thread. I would love some strong critique. Brutal, or otherwise.

Here's one that I sketched some time ago. More tomorrow maybe. And before you say it. Yes. I did cut off his bottom half. I am sorry. I didn't know what I was drawing until I finished.

-warwicks on the prowl, aww fuck man I know i'm dead-

go to my ill named thread here.

Response to DragonBoy, back again? 2012-02-12 10:24:28

At 33 seconds ago, TheDragonBoy wrote:

Here's one that I sketched some time ago. More tomorrow maybe. And before you say it. Yes. I did cut off his bottom half. I am sorry. I didn't know what I was drawing until I finished.

Woops. Forgot the picture.

DragonBoy, back again?

Response to DragonBoy, back again? 2012-02-12 11:28:50

At 38 minutes ago, TheDragonBoy wrote: Oah. So im here again. from like. 5 or so months of not being here. And probably no one remembers me.

Hey, I remember you, well your Icon at least... didn't I do some reviews for you?

But I have been dabbling a bit with my art. So If anyone has the time to stop and check this thread. I would love some strong critique. Brutal, or otherwise.

Well to begin, and don't take this the wrong way, but it looks like he has a vagina on his face. I know what type of mouth you was going for, I have seen it done before, and I honestly think the same thing every time, and it is always "Why does that creature have a vagina on its face?" I know it is just a thing with me, and that I don't particularly care for that type of maw.
As for a critique on the mouth and head. I feel it is getting a little muddled around what would be its lower left jaw. It is hard to interpret what is going on. You can kind of get an idea from looking at the other side.
Fixing this is a complete and utter bitch too. Why you may ask? Well it has to do with the angle of the drawing. That part of the jaw, when open like that, will directly face the viewer, making it a perspective issue. And getting the perspective right on that one small part will most likely drive you insane, forcing you to run down your street naked while screaming the theme song to MLP:FIM.

Although if your in to that kind of thing, then I say go for it.

Moving away from the vagina part of the face and on to the head and the rest of the body.

This one will probably be much shorter due to lack of jokes and less flaws... I think.

Over all I'm liking the body structure and overall design. Yeah I don't care much for the cutoff, but some times it happens. With the overly lined muscle sets, it gives the fill of plates or large scales on the body, which works in your favor due to the Draconian nature of this piece.
The wings, although they are well drawn, the seem to lack a little anatomy. Study all kinds of wings, Bat, Bird, and Pterodactyl. And then also look at the human arm. And of Course look at pictures of Dragons wings.

A Here is a good example, thanks to Google.
WTF It won't let me get the upload box up....

Link Anyway
Mixing the anatomy will serve you best. Don't forget that wings have an "elbow" that usually aims down. Dragon wings usually have a hand/claw, and the final stretch out are like fingers.

Yay Finally got it to upload!

So yeah, Over all a decent piece. Needs some finishing and some finalizing but nice.
Next time try to not and cut it off at the joints

DragonBoy, back again?

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature

Response to DragonBoy, back again? 2012-02-12 11:36:59

I just came across this, and I think it will help your wings a bit.
This Style of dragon wing more closely resembles the bat wing style. It should give you a good idea on how to mod the wings for your use

DragonBoy, back again?

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature

Response to DragonBoy, back again? 2012-02-12 16:39:58

At 4 hours ago, Kinsei01 wrote: I just came across this, and I think it will help your wings a bit.
This Style of dragon wing more closely resembles the bat wing style. It should give you a good idea on how to mod the wings for your use

Thanks for the feed back. I'm going to re sketch him with the whole body soon based on what you have told me. And yeah, gonna ditch the vagina face. I just thought it would be interesting to have.

And yeah, I remember you as well.

Response to DragonBoy, back again? 2012-02-27 06:47:24

So I never got around to redrawing my dragon/demon thing. So here is a knight I whipped up.

DragonBoy, back again?