00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GodsPurpose just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

McDonald's in other countries

3,765 Views | 61 Replies

McDonald's in other countries 2012-02-09 17:24:04

We all know by now how McDonald's is the junk of junk food, but what we hear is always in america. To you Newgrounders living in other countries, how is the fast food joint there? It's been years since I've been to one back in Cyprus, plus I would just get kid meals, so i don't remember much. Is the food as plastic and mushy and the building scum-filled as the ones here?

This is my signature. It is a nice signature.

BBS Signature

Response to McDonald's in other countries 2012-02-09 17:26:36

Still pretty freaking terrible.

The prices tend to vary here in G-land - from the absurd to the cheap - but the quality of the meals still absolutely sucks. Plus, those fries are simply grease on a nasty potato stick. Bluh!

Mental Music for Thinkers and Doers

Response to McDonald's in other countries 2012-02-09 17:28:00

They're making the German McDonald's more like proper restaurants or cafes.

1, 2, 3, Coffee 4, 5, 8, too late

BBS Signature

Response to McDonald's in other countries 2012-02-09 17:33:18

At 55 seconds ago, Corky-D wrote: They're making the German McDonald's more like proper restaurants or cafes.

That sounds interesting. It doesn't hurt to add a little class and improve the reputation.

Also, speaking of french fries, I've noticed that all popular fast food joints' fries don't even taste like potatoes. Maybe it's because they dip them in buckets of salt or they just don't even use potatoes.

BBS Signature

Response to McDonald's in other countries 2012-02-09 17:38:20

Here it is definatly regarded as junk, bad of the bad, but fast and hits the spot of "I really needs something unhealthy."

However, as it has come up, here, the fucking burger buns occasionally have grease on.

WHY THE FUCK ARE THE BUNS STARTING TO GET GREASEY!

Luckly, here in the UK, just asking for another one with no amount of mallice or pressure, and they are happy to give you a new one no trouble, no questions asked.

But it still raises the question WHY ARE BUNS GREASY!?

Why and when and how do buns get greasy? I don't fucking get it? Do they think; "Hey, this is McDonalds, lets make everything greasy, fuck, lets move on to the fruit bags next, more grease!"

WHY?!

Anyone got theories on this? I am so confused... Why do burger buns have grease on? Sometimes, it's so bad, they're soggy, and like almost reflective, I shouldn't be able to see myself in my meal, thats just fucking crazy ya know? Since when did my food have the multifunction to become a bloody mirror?

*No longer PaperBoy, due to a technicality involving a 'missing' energy drink, I am now TiredBoy...

General Forum

The Funniest BBS Typo

BBS Signature

Response to McDonald's in other countries 2012-02-09 17:57:03

They were forced to change their recipes here in germany.

BBS Signature

Response to McDonald's in other countries 2012-02-09 17:59:01

In Vancouver BC, they offer salad instead of fries when you order a combo meal.
And in Japan, their cheeseburgers taste like shit, though they have shrimp on the menu and its amazing.

Follow my Artstigram

BBS Signature

Response to McDonald's in other countries 2012-02-09 18:02:42

I hear european McDonalds are shit. Well, I grew up with it and I don't mind it. They have some 'healthier' options than in the US I believe. The ones I go to occasionally (in the middle of the country's capital) are pretty clean but the ones farther out in the districts tend to be more disgusting and filled with a higher amount of depressing people.

Response to McDonald's in other countries 2012-02-09 18:04:06

I once visited the maritime provinces in Canada during the summer, and at McDonalds they had McLobster. That was seriously what it was called.

Response to McDonald's in other countries 2012-02-09 18:06:26

At 40 minutes ago, jjjkuk wrote: We all know by now how McDonald's is the junk of junk food, but what we hear is always in america. To you Newgrounders living in other countries, how is the fast food joint there? It's been years since I've been to one back in Cyprus, plus I would just get kid meals, so i don't remember much. Is the food as plastic and mushy and the building scum-filled as the ones here?

I ate McDonalds in Canada recently and I thought it tasted better than the American McDonalds.

Response to McDonald's in other countries 2012-02-09 18:07:51

At 1 minute ago, NuclearWarFare wrote: My friends brother is in the military and said that the mcdonalds in germany looks JUST like the picture.

Which only serves to increase the dissonance between looks and actual quality.

State-side people - If your shit didn't have palpable amounts of MSG in it, I'd say your food is absolutely delicious and amazing in every way. That is all.

Mental Music for Thinkers and Doers

Response to McDonald's in other countries 2012-02-09 18:27:46

At 1 hour ago, jjjkuk wrote: We all know by now how McDonald's is the junk of junk food, but what we hear is always in america. To you Newgrounders living in other countries, how is the fast food joint there? It's been years since I've been to one back in Cyprus, plus I would just get kid meals, so i don't remember much. Is the food as plastic and mushy and the building scum-filled as the ones here?

Well, i know that i only live in America and i never went to other countries so i think that i saw like other commercials from other commercials from Korea, Japan, and UK.

So, i think i would just rather watch McDonalds commercials from the United States.

Response to McDonald's in other countries 2012-02-09 18:39:06

At 30 minutes ago, Manly-Chicken wrote: What do they call a Quarter Pounder in France?

That never gets old, does it?

BBS Signature

Response to McDonald's in other countries 2012-02-09 18:40:27

At 1 hour ago, Otto wrote: The spanish ones have dedicated smoking areas, I know this.

The British one is just a smaller, tamer version of the American one, though.

I heard that mcnuggets in france are McCrocketts. Fucking yes.

Response to McDonald's in other countries 2012-02-09 18:50:45

Portugal.

Let me put it to you this way: McDonalds is normally located behind a given gas station here. It is to food as truck stop hookers are to sex.

Translator, time traveller, aerospace engineer, and voodoo priest extraordinaire.

BBS Signature

Response to McDonald's in other countries 2012-02-09 19:40:29

At 46 minutes ago, C-Hawk wrote:
Portugal.
Let me put it to you this way: McDonalds is normally located behind a given gas station here. It is to food as truck stop hookers are to sex.

Yea, that sounds like McDonald's. Is the inside reminiscent of a public bathroom?

BBS Signature

Response to McDonald's in other countries 2012-02-09 20:02:19

There was just something on the travel channel about this yesterday. Apparently since Japan is big on seafood their biggest hit is a burger with shrimp. The same goes for their subway sandwiches. They showed one with shrimp and avacado and wasabe sauce. That sounds all kinds of wrong.

I have nothing against people who can use pot and lead a productive life. It's these sanctimonius hippies that make me wish I was a riot cop in the 60's

BBS Signature

Response to McDonald's in other countries 2012-02-09 20:04:15

I had McDonalds in Germany and was amazed to see my burger looked just like the menu picture.

Maybe it was a one-off but I loved it. Well, maybe not loved but you get the idea.

Some people feel content to pour syrup on shit and call it pancakes their whole lives.

Response to McDonald's in other countries 2012-02-09 21:22:09

At 1 hour ago, stafffighter wrote: burger with shrimp

That actually sounds pretty good. At least they are actually trying to keep it from turning into a dump. It'd be great if each country took liberties with the menu by implementing local favorites into it or mixing things.

BBS Signature

Response to McDonald's in other countries 2012-02-09 21:30:54

At 6 minutes ago, jjjkuk wrote:
At 1 hour ago, stafffighter wrote: burger with shrimp
That actually sounds pretty good. At least they are actually trying to keep it from turning into a dump. It'd be great if each country took liberties with the menu by implementing local favorites into it or mixing things.

Yeah I'd probably eat that too. I know one of my favorite sushi rolls has shrimp and avocado in it.
Hell, I'll try anything once.

| It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose|||Love belongs to Desire, and Desire is always cruel.||||

BBS Signature

Response to McDonald's in other countries 2012-02-09 21:37:17

It's called fast food for a reason

Response to McDonald's in other countries 2012-02-09 21:37:57

I dont really know of what you really mean of mcdo being bad...
But here in the Philippines, its not really bad.
Its not greasy.
But then again, ive never tried mcdo in other countries yet so...
But I do know that the large sized food here is equal to small size for america.

LOVE KO TO!!!

Drawin' and being trash. :3

Response to McDonald's in other countries 2012-02-09 21:45:08

Snitzel nuggets in Germany.

BBS Signature

Response to McDonald's in other countries 2012-02-09 21:52:12

Cool continued American cultural Imperialism, bro!

BBS Signature

Response to McDonald's in other countries 2012-02-09 22:17:03

I've never really been disappointed with most McDonald's stores here in Australia.

The local one which I work for is a franchised one run by a pretty decent fellow. We rarely ever get complaints about food quality, mostly just about us having to park customer's orders every so often.

A friend of mine has been to America, and he says it's exactly the same as what'd you'd get in Australia, but in America they apparently number the meals on the menu, so you can ask for a 'Large number four' or something like that. Is that true?

Also, in regards to this question:

At 4 hours ago, TiredPaperBoy wrote: Why and when and how do buns get greasy? I don't fucking get it? Do they think; "Hey, this is McDonalds, lets make everything greasy, fuck, lets move on to the fruit bags next, more grease!"

The main reason why the buns end up greasy is because in back area the crew also handles the meat. Usually they'd use a set of tongs to move the meat patty from the warmer, but when handling burgers like Big Macs and Double Quarter Pounders, they just end up using their hands anyway, so the gloves can get greasy during busy periods. That's why some of the grease ends up on the bun sometimes. It shouldn't happen though, I find it disgusting as well.

We had some good times, Newgrounds.

BBS Signature

Response to McDonald's in other countries 2012-02-09 22:31:57

I've been to some McDonald's in Monterrey, Mexico, and they're pretty much the same as the ones here in America. Not really much of a noticeable change.

PSN:Ryder-Omega/Steam:Ryder Omega

I'm that lazy bastard who doesn't bother to take down his damn Christmas lights. I still have the fucking kriss-kringle hats from last year!

BBS Signature

Response to McDonald's in other countries 2012-02-09 23:09:47

The McDonalds here in Uruguay is actually pretty fucking delicious. Ohh god that quarterpounder and those fries. Drooldrooldrool.

I have some relatively high food standards, mind you. I mean, I eat junk food, but only really tasty junk food.

ponies

Response to McDonald's in other countries 2012-02-09 23:18:24

In the Philippines, the breakfast menu sells Filipino variations of your typical breakfast menu. There's a Ham de Sal- which is like a McMuffin with pan de sal (pan de sal is a type of bread similar to a bread roll. The bread is made from low-quality flour and is full of breadcrumbs), and the lunch menu is impressive; some of the meals they have come with rice, and most importantly, they have spaghetti. Seriously, spaghetti is sold at a McDonald's in the Philippines! You couldn't get it in America or Australia! The reason behind it is because Jollibee has almost a monopoly in the fast-food industry there, and McDonald's account for having the second-largest number of restaurants in the Philippines.

And in Australia, your menu is typical of the US one, but there is once a McOz burger complete with beetroot, lettuce, tomato ketchup, mayo and tomato, I think. And there's also a cafe- the Australian division is trying to make the whole McDonald's stores more like cafes too.

I still like Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven!

BBS Signature

Response to McDonald's in other countries 2012-02-10 00:30:48

At 2 hours ago, Greenfrost6 wrote: but in America they apparently number the meals on the menu, so you can ask for a 'Large number four' or something like that. Is that true?

Yes, it's true, but it's just for lazy people so they don't have to pronounce the entire name, I guess. I never say the numbers; I just tell them what I want.

BBS Signature

Response to McDonald's in other countries 2012-02-10 05:44:25

I don't know if McDonalds in Australia tastes different than the one in America but I will tell you guys that the Burger King in Australia (which goes by a different name btw, but its still the same company) tastes much better than the one in America.

The American Burger Kings have weird fries that have no fucking idea who they are and the burgers are all soggy and weird...