00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

B0ss3 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

I like the old Newgrounds Better.

1,829 Views | 26 Replies

I like the old Newgrounds Better. 2012-02-09 14:34:48

I much prefer the old Newgrounds instead of the new one. Right now it's so cluttered and not user-friendly. There is not more flash portal, instead is a games and movies section with pictures displaying no information on them unlike the old reliable flash portal.

I have more complaints but I'm using a school computer and I can't take too much time doing this. If anyone has any complaints post them here and hopefully get Tom's attention to this matter.

Response to I like the old Newgrounds Better. 2012-02-09 14:35:59

It just takes some time to get used to it.

But the old portal is still there

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/

It's only fun if you get a scar out of it

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to I like the old Newgrounds Better. 2012-02-09 14:36:41

I hate the new twitter too but you see me on there complaining? no because if you dont like something you don't use it faggot,.

Myspace

Website Coming SoonPurevolume

<BR>Perfection Confection Sugar, you can use it on babies.

BBS Signature

Response to I like the old Newgrounds Better. 2012-02-09 14:37:25

At A few seconds ago, tally1989 wrote: It just takes some time to get used to it.

But the old portal is still there

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/

Yeah, I found it and I'm trying my hardest to get used to new design but it's not really sinking in.

Response to I like the old Newgrounds Better. 2012-02-09 14:38:32

At 39 seconds ago, NAVeX-Sniper wrote: I much prefer the old Newgrounds instead of the new one. Right now it's so cluttered and not user-friendly. There is not more flash portal, instead is a games and movies section with pictures displaying no information on them unlike the old reliable flash portal.

I have more complaints but I'm using a school computer and I can't take too much time doing this. If anyone has any complaints post them here and hopefully get Tom's attention to this matter.

Exept the old flash portal, which is STILL HERE Only got a name for the most part, this time the icons are suitably sized, and you get a name if you hover over it, it's more informative and eye grabbing than before.

BBS Signature

Response to I like the old Newgrounds Better. 2012-02-09 14:41:12

Exept the old flash portal, which is STILL HERE Only got a name for the most part, this time the icons are suitably sized, and you get a name if you hover over it, it's more informative and eye grabbing than before.

What do you like "aboot" the new design? Maybe you can change my views on the new Newgrounds.

Response to I like the old Newgrounds Better. 2012-02-09 14:41:23

I love the new design, makes Newgrounds even more addicting. Also there is a link where it says "Classic Portal". Before you make any posts about complaints make sure you have explored everything.

BBS Signature

Response to I like the old Newgrounds Better. 2012-02-09 14:41:46

With the eye catching backgrounds and a better organizational system, it's awesome so far. Change had to happen after so many years, but i'm glad they took the time to do it right.

Response to I like the old Newgrounds Better. 2012-02-09 14:48:55

Don't use the new smilies then.

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature

Response to I like the old Newgrounds Better. 2012-02-09 14:51:40

At 3 minutes ago, Daikenkini wrote:
It's less informative than it was before the redesign.

Additional information may appear as you hover your cursor over the new images, but it's still not as much as it used to be. No describtion, no score, nothing ...

Wow, look at those cool descriptions and scores!

BBS Signature

Response to I like the old Newgrounds Better. 2012-02-09 15:05:33

Seriously you people need to deal with it. You think other things such as the topic search and all thos other things won't be added on later? Jesus...

QOTW:

"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr

How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature

Response to I like the old Newgrounds Better. 2012-02-09 15:05:52

Aside from reporting bugs, I think users should not be allowed to make 'I don't like this!' threads for at least a week after the redesign, maybe two weeks.

You may start off not liking something, then come to find that you actually prefer it. These things take time, though! It's only Thursday after all.

I personally feel like this site is taking a step in the right direction. Yes, there are some nostalgic things I'll miss, but soon this design will become nostalgic. There are lots of new features that I can't wait to use, and Tom and everyone have even more additions they plan on including over time. I think Newgrounds needed to be refreshed. It will also likely draw in more users/visitors, and that is definitely a plus (though I hope it doesn't become a new 'Youtube!').

Boop boop beep boop.

BBS Signature

Response to I like the old Newgrounds Better. 2012-02-09 15:11:30

Took me like a day to start getting used to this new design. I just think user stats such as levels, b/p and whistles should still be in the main page, but well, that's just me, a stat whore.

You'll just get used to it sooner or later.

BBS Signature

Response to I like the old Newgrounds Better. 2012-02-09 15:30:18

This redesign is probably the biggest change Newgrounds ever went through. It's pretty scary how this design doesn't even LOOK like Newgrounds anymore, but it's still pretty damn awesome! I have to agree about the cluttered bit, and I do wish to see titles and descriptions among all of those icons, but oh well. I could get used to this.

BBS Signature

Response to I like the old Newgrounds Better. 2012-02-09 15:34:53

You will get used to it, believe me.
Everyone has the same reaction when changes come but after a while people stop complaining.

BBS Signature

Response to I like the old Newgrounds Better. 2012-02-09 17:11:09

I'm not sure why they eliminated the javascript tooltips on the portal page for mouseover events. There was a definite utility in those boxes for quick-browsing scores, etc, that has been lost now.

Another example of a feature that seems to have taken a step backward.

BBS Signature

Response to I like the old Newgrounds Better. 2012-02-09 17:18:33

Actually I really don't like how some of the stats have become useless. My b/p level does nothing anymore, and that's not something I'm ever going to get used to.

Response to I like the old Newgrounds Better. 2012-02-09 17:22:57

At 1 minute ago, SubNoctem wrote: Actually I really don't like how some of the stats have become useless. My b/p level does nothing anymore, and that's not something I'm ever going to get used to.

It does nothing YET. This is actually a glitch in the system, if I remember correctly.

"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster,

and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche

BBS Signature

Response to I like the old Newgrounds Better. 2012-02-09 17:24:26

Don't worry, everyone will get used to the redesign.
I've always liked this redesign though.

Trying to post in topics that have no replies. Trust me it's a horrible feeling when nobody replies to your topic :{

Response to I like the old Newgrounds Better. 2012-02-09 17:24:49

The blams and saves system will actually work properly later. This is actually a glitch in the system, if I remember correctly.

Whoops. Said it wrong.

"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster,

and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche

BBS Signature

Response to I like the old Newgrounds Better. 2012-02-09 17:41:21

Well I like the new Newgrounds better. It's fucking sexy.

BBS Signature

Response to I like the old Newgrounds Better. 2012-02-09 17:43:19

cry to tom about it, maybe he'll delete the entire site.

BBS Signature

Response to I like the old Newgrounds Better. 2012-02-09 17:48:25

At 3 hours ago, NAVeX-Sniper wrote: If anyone has any complaints post them here and hopefully get Tom's attention to this matter.

My only complaint is the pictures disappearing from virtually all the music CDs. Other than that, the redesign is pretty cyol dud.

Sig made by DLX

BBS Signature

Response to I like the old Newgrounds Better. 2012-02-09 17:59:56

At 9 minutes ago, dlxrevolution wrote: My only complaint is the pictures disappearing from virtually all the music CDs. Other than that, the redesign is pretty cyol dud.

Oh shit, I just realized all my songs do not have covers. Well, all these pics sucked anyways.

BBS Signature

Response to I like the old Newgrounds Better. 2012-02-09 18:08:48

I feel like if people actually read Tom's redesign post maybe people would stop complaining about things...
But no matter what people are always going to complain when there's a change to anything on the internet

Follow my Artstigram

BBS Signature

Response to I like the old Newgrounds Better. 2012-02-09 18:32:11

At 3 hours ago, NAVeX-Sniper wrote: I much prefer the old Newgrounds instead of the new one...

http://web.archive.org/web/20110331034542/http://www.newgrou nds.com/

Problem solved.

Sig made by DLX

BBS Signature

Response to I like the old Newgrounds Better. 2012-02-09 18:32:55

It took me a total of 1 hour to get into it. I like, much more user-friendly and visitor-friendly. The second one I don't like as much because it does feel like a chunk of old new grounds has been taken away, there's a whole lot less of a focus on our stats. Whatever though. Things have to change. Get used to it, you have no choice really.

Since you mentioned the stats, where is the page displaying the stats and levels?