00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

markololohands just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Adopting an African

3,071 Views | 48 Replies

Adopting an African 2012-02-09 02:34:35

I know it's stereotypical for celebrities to adopt children from third-world countries, but I've recently done this and I'm not particularly rich or famous.

I'm from an average upper-middle-class home myself and my fiancee Jinjoo Lee is from a pretty wealthy family (her father Pil Song Lee is CEO of Hosan frozen foods), but it's not like we live lavishly, just comfortably enough to where I think we can afford an adopted child.

Anyways, I've always joked about other cultures and being a racist/fascist, even when I feel more connected to black culture than anything else (I rarely listen to music outside of hip-hop). I'm thinking this is the right move for me to truly move away from my "rebellious" act from my late teen years. I will try to be a fully-functional adult in society and accept my true multicultural/multiracial identity.

Here's a photo of our newly adopted child. He is from Ghana and I named him Sekhem.

I know the BBS is always full of "trolls" (a loosely-used term that I've always loathed), but tell me what you think. Are you "proud" of the new Sekhem (me) who has finally accepted himself?

Adopting an African

G O D - B L E S S - A F R I C A

LAST.FM

CROWNED CHAMPION OF "FAPITUDE" BY BEARDKILLER

BBS Signature

Response to Adopting an African 2012-02-09 02:35:51

I'm gonna adopt an Asian boy and name him Squinty

BBS Signature

Response to Adopting an African 2012-02-09 02:38:43

Time to break the new boy in.

But seriously though, that's pretty fucking cool of you.

BBS Signature

Response to Adopting an African 2012-02-09 02:39:10

Im proud of you! But for real, Im also planning to adopt a child when I come to age. Especially a Native Mexican, the tribes are really poor and most of the kids or parent-less. You did a good job Op.

Now teach him about cockjokes.

BBS Signature

Response to Adopting an African 2012-02-09 02:42:27

At 4 minutes ago, dread2760 wrote: She has a black eye, has someone been beating her?

I think that's just a shadow.

Though I could be wrong.

Sig made by DLX

BBS Signature

Response to Adopting an African 2012-02-09 02:52:48

What's the point in trolling at this? You just made a first step in making the world a better place.

This signature will actually not appear at the bottom of this post.

Response to Adopting an African 2012-02-09 03:17:24

At 11 minutes ago, Crazy-Pigeon wrote: You just made a first step in making the world a better place.

I hope so. I honestly don't know that much about REAL African culture outside of Egypt (hence the name Sekhem). An interesting note on the etymology of the word Sekhem: "khem" originally meant Egypt and it's where words like Alchemy, Chemistry etc. came from (Greek - Khemia). I had been using it as a username for nearly a decade now (I always just thought it was a cool occult term and nickname of Osiris from the Pyramid Texts I liked when I was teenager) and never really knew the exact etymology, but I'm proud to name my child Sekhem.

I know I will raise him in accordance with what I see as "right", but I'm just worried he's not going to get an authentic upbringing and have a strange personal ethnic identity because of his "parents" (Me -- an Irish-American, and Jinjoo -- a South Korean expat; we're both Catholic). There are people who think this is unimportant, but it has been consistently shown that those with a strong sense of ethnic identity are more likely to be successful.

Anyone have an experience with multiracial parents/children? I'm truly wondering where to find good info on this problem.

LAST.FM

BBS Signature

Response to Adopting an African 2012-02-09 09:32:49

At 6 hours ago, dread2760 wrote: She has a black eye, has someone been beating her?

so does he LOL

BBS Signature

Response to Adopting an African 2012-02-09 09:48:07

Did you already teach him how to jack stereos from cars or slang dope?

Response to Adopting an African 2012-02-09 09:55:38

well at least in a few years he will be able to sex you non-stop you know how africans have an effect on tiny asian woman

Response to Adopting an African 2012-02-09 10:33:38

Forget African babies, Mexican babies are where it's at.

I'mma name mine Juan.

BLM | ANTIFA

Life's a performance, so give it your all like it's your last show.

MINDCHAMBER DREW THE CAST FOR MY GAME WOW

BBS Signature

Response to Adopting an African 2012-02-09 11:21:25

At 45 minutes ago, Ryanson wrote: Forget African babies, Mexican babies are where it's at.

I'mma name mine Juan.

African babies, mexican babies? What a bunch of faggots. I can't believe you retards wouldn't just get a white baby which deserves priority over brown people.

Response to Adopting an African 2012-02-09 11:50:16

At 2 hours ago, Zachary wrote: I don't know what is worse, your trolling attempt or the fact that you actually typed all that for a troll post.

What, in anything I typed, made you think I'm trying to "troll"? I can show you the adoption papers I signed in Oklahoma City if you want (I live in Stillwater, Oklahoma currently). It was actually a fairly quick and painless process. The main problem was signing all of these international papers and having to meet a certain financial level of stability (I just BARELY made it and I consider myself fairly well off).

LAST.FM

BBS Signature

Response to Adopting an African 2012-02-09 12:10:45

At 1 hour ago, Ryanson wrote: Forget African babies, Mexican babies are where it's at.

I'mma name mine Juan.

fuck that its all about chinese babies, when they grow up they will get great jobs and give a place to retire because there asian, and if they fail at that they can be used as a cheap labor working 60 hours a week.

Response to Adopting an African 2012-02-09 19:19:24

SKHM, even though I know we've butted heads before, I'd like to congratulate you. Yes, I'd like to congratulate you on your move towards racial open-mindedness -- your bold step into the realm of tolerance -- your courageous, head-first dive into the waters of equality for all people and inner serenity. SKHM, I'd like to welcome you, and little Sekhem too :), to the wonderful land of diversity and acceptance!

dal lunge ci mira

di giove l'ira, e in un baleno va all'eghe in seno, da regal sede

tosto provvede, fa i generosi destrier squammosi ratto accoppiar

BBS Signature

Response to Adopting an African 2012-02-09 19:29:54

I feel very confused, should I be taking this thread seriously?

QOTW:

"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr

How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature

Response to Adopting an African 2012-02-09 19:31:26

What's so nice of you! Very few people have what it takes to raise a child that is not their own, but I have confidence that you will make a good parent.

Bringing back old shit.

BBS Signature

Response to Adopting an African 2012-02-09 19:52:50

At 28 minutes ago, Piggler wrote:
At 6 hours ago, MiloBased wrote: Why not adopt from america? there are children here too ya know?

Does it matter?

This ^ ^ ^

Didn't we already abducted enough brown people over?

Fix'd also why does it even matter?

QOTW:

"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr

BBS Signature

Response to Adopting an African 2012-02-09 20:04:23

You're joking, right? That's really your brother or nephew and you're really not that stupid, right?

BBS Signature

Response to Adopting an African 2012-02-09 20:06:58

At 16 hours ago, SKHM wrote:
At 11 minutes ago, Crazy-Pigeon wrote: You just made a first step in making the world a better place.
I hope so. I honestly don't know that much about REAL African culture outside of Egypt (hence the name Sekhem). An interesting note on the etymology of the word Sekhem: "khem" originally meant Egypt and it's where words like Alchemy, Chemistry etc. came from (Greek - Khemia). I had been using it as a username for nearly a decade now (I always just thought it was a cool occult term and nickname of Osiris from the Pyramid Texts I liked when I was teenager) and never really knew the exact etymology, but I'm proud to name my child Sekhem.

You're an idiot.

Khem is not what the Ancient Egyptians used to refer to their country. It's KMT (Kemet), meaning Black Land. And no not black land because the people there were goddamn spooks, like every other black nationalist piece of shit is so fond of doing. Don't be ridiculous. It refers to the fertile soil on the banks of the Nile.

Furthermore, the etymology of the word 'Chemistry' is heavily argued over, just like every other word. Some say it's Greek in origin, maybe Arabic, others Egyptian, some times Persian, but to simply wave it off as Egyptian is ignorance. It is a word in the English language, hence it is an English word. Treat it like one and stop giving it special status because (gasp) black people invented it. (note: the ancient Egyptians were not black)

And naming your child after something you don't even know about demonstrates ignorance and lack of historical understanding. You're like black people who name their kids Shaka, not knowing that Shaka means intestinal worm and was used to denote that he, the historical figure, was an unwanted child.

Get your facts straight, dumbass. I hope your white guilt-ridden ass gets robbed by the very son you adopted.

BBS Signature

Response to Adopting an African 2012-02-09 20:07:11

At 4 minutes ago, Piggler wrote:
Yes.

Then why don't YOU do something about it It's SKHM's choice not yours.

Too bad it's gramatically incorrect.

So? This ain't English class. Also your weak comeback fails for spelling grammatically wrong.

QOTW:

BBS Signature

Response to Adopting an African 2012-02-09 20:10:01

At 1 minute ago, Odio wrote: Get your facts straight, dumbass. I hope your white guilt-ridden ass gets robbed by the very son you adopted.

This.

BBS Signature

Response to Adopting an African 2012-02-09 20:31:14

At 21 minutes ago, Odio wrote:

(note: the ancient Egyptians were not black)

So what were the ancient Egyptians? White?

All Eyez On Me.

BBS Signature

Response to Adopting an African 2012-02-09 20:39:33

At 3 minutes ago, ClickToPlay wrote:

Good question, Scientist aren't sure what race the Egyptians were.

QOTW:

BBS Signature

Response to Adopting an African 2012-02-09 20:42:25

At A few seconds ago, TwittSoup wrote: white supremacist ass

I'm not white, you idiot.

BBS Signature

Response to Adopting an African 2012-02-09 20:44:45

At A few seconds ago, TwittSoup wrote:
At A few seconds ago, Odio wrote:
At A few seconds ago, TwittSoup wrote: white supremacist ass
I'm not white, you idiot.
Oh sorry, *racist ass.

OH SORRY I'M A LIBERAL PIECE OF SHIT THAT UHUUHRUHURWEURHUWRR

Go fuck yourself.

BBS Signature

Response to Adopting an African 2012-02-09 20:46:09

Isn't Africa that place full of black people?

Sig made by the awesome AnonymousOfCali.

BBS Signature

Response to Adopting an African 2012-02-09 20:50:34

At 1 minute ago, TwittSoup wrote:
Not liberal, just don't generalize entire groups of people, call black people spooks, or assume that people (despite their education) will grow up to be criminals despite opportunities to receive better education than other people simply because they're black.

Fuck you.

Odio's user page might speak for itself.

QOTW:

BBS Signature

Response to Adopting an African 2012-02-09 20:50:56

At A few seconds ago, II2none wrote:
At 3 minutes ago, ClickToPlay wrote:

Good question, Scientist aren't sure what race the Egyptians were.

That wasn't really a question..
If Ancient Egyptians weren't black, they were dark brown to the very least, and more likely comprised of both.
Not white, or light skinned as the scientists have portrayed them.

You can see it in the Hieroglyphics and in their drawings.

But it is perfectly understandable why some would whiten em up... great technology and science can't surely be invented by an African?!

And this wasn't a reference to you, but Otido or whoever.

All Eyez On Me.

BBS Signature

Response to Adopting an African 2012-02-09 20:55:33

At 39 minutes ago, Odio wrote: Khem is not what the Ancient Egyptians used to refer to their country. It's KMT (Kemet), meaning Black Land. And no not black land because the people there were goddamn spooks, like every other black nationalist piece of shit is so fond of doing. Don't be ridiculous. It refers to the fertile soil on the banks of the Nile.

Furthermore, the etymology of the word 'Chemistry' is heavily argued over, just like every other word. Some say it's Greek in origin, maybe Arabic, others Egyptian, some times Persian, but to simply wave it off as Egyptian is ignorance. It is a word in the English language, hence it is an English word. Treat it like one and stop giving it special status because (gasp) black people invented it. (note: the ancient Egyptians were not black)

And naming your child after something you don't even know about demonstrates ignorance and lack of historical understanding. You're like black people who name their kids Shaka, not knowing that Shaka means intestinal worm and was used to denote that he, the historical figure, was an unwanted child.

Get your facts straight, dumbass. I hope your white guilt-ridden ass gets robbed by the very son you adopted.

I never said it's what the Egyptians referred to their country as, dumbass.

You are right it means 'black land' (ie. the land around the Nile river AKA EGYPT), this was further adopted by the early Greeks as a way of referring to Egypt. It's a Western way of referring to Egypt. Bringing up Black nationalism is just petty racism at this point.

The Oxford dictionary (the most reliable dictionary in the world) still mentions that the word Chemistry and Alchemy are derived from this Greek root. The Persian and etc derivations is just recently conjecture and has no basis in linguistic reality. When did I say the Egyptians were Black anyways? I don't remember bringing that up. It's just the only African nation I have substantial knowledge of.

Go troll elsewhere, kiddo. You can't hang with me.

LAST.FM

BBS Signature