FEDEV
FEDEV
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Artist
Response to Is Painless Death Possible? 2012-02-08 21:58:42 Reply

At 36 seconds ago, Jarvis-Ganon wrote:
At A few seconds ago, Zodape wrote: Fapping to death.

And yes, it is possible.

[Old shit is old]
Hey, that shit is painful done twice in a row. I don't wanna know what 42 feels like.

Don't worry, after fapping 5 or 6 times, you will stop feeling your dick.

Check out my stupid webcomic: Tumblr | Tapas | Webtoons

HKS
HKS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Writer
Response to Is Painless Death Possible? 2012-02-08 21:59:28 Reply

Overdosing is painless. I've had friends who overdose.

Jay
Jay
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Is Painless Death Possible? 2012-02-08 22:00:42 Reply

At 29 minutes ago, EmmaVolt wrote: Is there truly a means by which one can die painlessly? Or, is this impossible? By pain, I mean anything more than simply experiencing the sensation of falling asleep.

If you're hit by a train hard enough I'm sure that you'd die before feeling any pain. I can take from my experience of being hit by a car. Your body goes into shock so quickly that you really don't feel anything until maybe you notice that your head has been split open. In fact, the real pain doesn't come until the morning after. But if one were to be hit hard enough that they were to die almost instantly, then they are certain to feel nothing.

SnoopyChicken
SnoopyChicken
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Melancholy
Response to Is Painless Death Possible? 2012-02-08 22:07:17 Reply

I think human reaction time is something like 2 seconds. So if you destroy your brain within 2 seconds you're golden.
Even if it takes .5 of a second to register pain a gunshot would still take you out with no fuss.

Tydusis
Tydusis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to Is Painless Death Possible? 2012-02-08 22:24:43 Reply

At 10 minutes ago, bgraybr wrote:
At A few seconds ago, Xenomit wrote: The only thing i can think of that will "Instantly" kill you would be anything going faster than light, such as an overcharged tachyon.

Problem is, we dont have the technology to overcharge, or even stabilize a tachyon particle.
Do you really think that the human reaction time is around the speed of light or something? A bullet is more than fast enough, if it passes straight through the brain.

80 milliseconds. It's all ya need.
http://www.salk.edu/news/pressrelease_details.php?press_id=3 1
But I wouldn't trust just any ol' bullet; supersonic 50cal fragmenting explosive incendiaries - if such a monster exists - are the only way to be sure that your brain is completely mush before it has time to tell you "OW!"

this thread...just...this thread...

Latest Creation: Wiretapped Wormhole | Website: Tydusis.com | Also, check out this webcomic I like: Inhuman

BBS Signature
Davidxtrem
Davidxtrem
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Audiophile
Response to Is Painless Death Possible? 2012-02-08 22:29:40 Reply

Death by one bullet right in the heart.

Sword-of-Kings
Sword-of-Kings
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Audiophile
Response to Is Painless Death Possible? 2012-02-08 22:44:25 Reply

At 1 hour ago, Skwurll wrote: Lethal injection, carbon monoxide poisoning, stroke during sleep, etc.

So yes.

This.

BBS Signature
Emma
Emma
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Writer
Response to Is Painless Death Possible? 2012-02-08 22:59:07 Reply

At 53 minutes ago, VictorKorg wrote: Please tell me you are not trying to commit suicide, Lady.

No, but it wouldn't be all that tragic if I did, haha.

BBS Signature
DiroNomer
DiroNomer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to Is Painless Death Possible? 2012-02-08 23:04:33 Reply

Anything that destroys your nerves.

Sig made by DLX

BBS Signature
GoldHazard
GoldHazard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Game Developer
Response to Is Painless Death Possible? 2012-02-08 23:05:13 Reply

At 1 hour ago, EmmaVolt wrote: Is there truly a means by which one can die painlessly? Or, is this impossible? By pain, I mean anything more than simply experiencing the sensation of falling asleep.

Yes, it's called Carbon Monoxide poisoning.

BBS Signature
Phantox
Phantox
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Is Painless Death Possible? 2012-02-08 23:05:41 Reply

At 1 hour ago, EmmaVolt wrote: By pain, I mean anything more than simply experiencing the sensation of falling asleep.

Plastic bag over head

|NG Is Dead|

BBS Signature
WiiFittoToreinaa
WiiFittoToreinaa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Melancholy
Response to Is Painless Death Possible? 2012-02-08 23:06:21 Reply

At 1 hour ago, EmmaVolt wrote: Is there truly a means by which one can die painlessly? Or, is this impossible? By pain, I mean anything more than simply experiencing the sensation of falling asleep.

take some pills

Get lyrically fit!!!!
Props to Embr for putting my sig into shape!!!

BBS Signature
SnoopyChicken
SnoopyChicken
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Melancholy
Response to Is Painless Death Possible? 2012-02-08 23:08:32 Reply

Hemlock, I think it was used to kill Socrates.
You start going numb in the feet, it travels up and reaches your heart and then you die.

I think most barbiturates are pretty painless, you just need an antiemitic to stop yourself chucking it back up.

Entice
Entice
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Is Painless Death Possible? 2012-02-08 23:13:48 Reply

At 40 minutes ago, Tydusis wrote: 80 milliseconds. It's all ya need.
http://www.salk.edu/news/pressrelease_details.php?press_id=3 1
But I wouldn't trust just any ol' bullet; supersonic 50cal fragmenting explosive incendiaries - if such a monster exists - are the only way to be sure that your brain is completely mush before it has time to tell you "OW!"

LONK. That's 11811.0236 in/s for the average 9mm bullet. A 9 mm would only have to go four to six, maybe as little as two or three inches into your brain (depending on what it hits) to cause massive, irreparable trauma. Even if your brain could technically detect that something was happening, you wouldn't be able to feel conscious pain by that time.

Your brain doesn't have to be mush to be rendered useless. A hole through the brain (even for a small bullet like a 10/22 it'd be a relatively large hole, modern ballistics and whatnot) would sever nerve connections, pierce glands, and cause all sorts of hell. Really, shooting yourself in the head is about as painless as it gets.

this thread...just...this thread...

Poor you, surrounded by intellectual insects like me.

The-Illuminati
The-Illuminati
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Is Painless Death Possible? 2012-02-08 23:34:23 Reply

Most possible.

Dawnslayer
Dawnslayer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Is Painless Death Possible? 2012-02-09 00:43:07 Reply

At 3 hours ago, EmmaVolt wrote: Is there truly a means by which one can die painlessly? Or, is this impossible? By pain, I mean anything more than simply experiencing the sensation of falling asleep.

Easy.

1) Put subject under anesthetic.
2) Remove the sensory cortex from the subject's brain.
3) Subject dies. Without a sensory cortex, there's nothing to process any related sensation.

Painless death. There you go.

HKS
HKS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Writer
Response to Is Painless Death Possible? 2012-02-09 00:49:00 Reply

Again, as I said earlier, a drug overdose. It's common as hell, and most drug addicts fail to realize it's easier done than said. It's super common in opiate abusers, but easier in benzo addicts.

Emma
Emma
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Writer
Response to Is Painless Death Possible? 2012-02-09 00:52:59 Reply

At 1 hour ago, Skwurll wrote:
carbon monoxide poisoning

This seems to be the easiest method so far (not to ignore the others who mentioned it).

BBS Signature
HKS
HKS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Writer
Response to Is Painless Death Possible? 2012-02-09 00:57:26 Reply

At 1 hour ago, EmmaVolt wrote:

Not worth dying these days, I suppose. Look. I'm not going to say "omg dont kill yourself ppl care" like a faggot. However, I'll do say, if you were suicidal, I'm jealous. Why? Because that gives me an excuse to do anything I want because I'd have nothing to lose. I would be anything I'd like to be, maybe something like some kind of hunter who only hunts bears with knives, because I would be crazy enough to do it, because I'd have nothing to lose. So yeah, I'm jealous if you are suicidal, because I have an excuse to stay where I am, and I have some things to lose...

Emma
Emma
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Writer
Response to Is Painless Death Possible? 2012-02-09 01:00:56 Reply

At 43 seconds ago, H-K-S wrote:
At 1 hour ago, EmmaVolt wrote:
Not worth dying these days, I suppose. Look. I'm not going to say "omg dont kill yourself ppl care" like a faggot. However, I'll do say, if you were suicidal, I'm jealous. Why? Because that gives me an excuse to do anything I want because I'd have nothing to lose. I would be anything I'd like to be, maybe something like some kind of hunter who only hunts bears with knives, because I would be crazy enough to do it, because I'd have nothing to lose. So yeah, I'm jealous if you are suicidal, because I have an excuse to stay where I am, and I have some things to lose...

Well, wishing to die and having the courage to bring this about are separate. I think you actually envy people who are unafraid of death - not necessarily those who prefer it over life.

BBS Signature
argile
argile
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Is Painless Death Possible? 2012-02-09 01:06:16 Reply

At 9 minutes ago, EmmaVolt wrote:
At 1 hour ago, Skwurll wrote:
carbon monoxide poisoning
This seems to be the easiest method so far (not to ignore the others who mentioned it).

Do most Hybrid cars still have exhaust pipes to mask the holes with tape in order to do that , I Sort of know how it's done but Is there like a case of dizziness at first when you're exposed to it?

HKS
HKS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Writer
Response to Is Painless Death Possible? 2012-02-09 01:07:17 Reply

At A few seconds ago, EmmaVolt wrote:
Well, wishing to die and having the courage to bring this about are separate. I think you actually envy people who are unafraid of death - not necessarily those who prefer it over life.

How do you think they have the ability to shrug off the rational fear of death? I take you are not afraid of death, but you are wary of pain. Why is that? I seemed to witness that too much in my life. Why not go out in a bang, all death ends in pure bliss because the brain releases dopamine right before you die, so you die in pure delirium? Anyways, no need to be cryptic, which is no familiarity of myself; you do seem distraught over something, and you do wish to commit suicide. Any reason why?

Knights
Knights
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Filmmaker
Response to Is Painless Death Possible? 2012-02-09 01:14:52 Reply

I find it funny how everyone here is trying to find the least painful way to die, yet have not experienced it yet themselves firsthand.

Seriously, none of us have here died, so how would we know?

I'd rather die a Wolf fighting against the Herder, than die a Sheep heading for the slaughter.
AVGN Fan Club. - The Culturally Diverse Crew - The Carnivorous Crew

BBS Signature
HKS
HKS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Writer
Response to Is Painless Death Possible? 2012-02-09 01:17:09 Reply

At 49 seconds ago, knightsofthecircle wrote: I find it funny how everyone here is trying to find the least painful way to die, yet have not experienced it yet themselves firsthand.

Does near death count?

Knights
Knights
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Filmmaker
Response to Is Painless Death Possible? 2012-02-09 01:19:52 Reply

At 40 seconds ago, H-K-S wrote:
At 49 seconds ago, knightsofthecircle wrote: I find it funny how everyone here is trying to find the least painful way to die, yet have not experienced it yet themselves firsthand.

Does near death count?

That's like saying if Jewish people count as Christians. It's similar in some ways, but in reality totally different.

I'd rather die a Wolf fighting against the Herder, than die a Sheep heading for the slaughter.

BBS Signature
Emma
Emma
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Writer
Response to Is Painless Death Possible? 2012-02-09 01:25:29 Reply

At 13 minutes ago, H-K-S wrote:
At A few seconds ago, EmmaVolt wrote:
How do you think they have the ability to shrug off the rational fear of death? I take you are not afraid of death, but you are wary of pain. Why is that? I seemed to witness that too much in my life. Why not go out in a bang, all death ends in pure bliss because the brain releases dopamine right before you die, so you die in pure delirium? Anyways, no need to be cryptic, which is no familiarity of myself; you do seem distraught over something, and you do wish to commit suicide. Any reason why?

Intense pain is something I would think most people fear, or are at least discouraged by. Even if the experience is short, it's still there. And, I do not wish to commit suicide if it means pain (or even without pain; but then it would be more appealing). However, personal circumstances suggest that there is little left in life. I am simply curious if a painless death is actually possible.

BBS Signature
HKS
HKS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Writer
Response to Is Painless Death Possible? 2012-02-09 01:29:24 Reply

At A few seconds ago, knightsofthecircle wrote:
That's like saying if Jewish people count as Christians. It's similar in some ways, but in reality totally different.

I'm going to disagree. Here's why; Let's say there's a totally hypothetical situation and involves a person of ill refute. Let's call him Henry... So Henry starts his day by doing by doing some drugs. He starts it easy by smoking some weed in the morning, and he gets the munchies. You know, he gets fucking hungry as shit, and he eats his breakfast, and after that he goes to work. Now Henry has mild scoliosis or whatever. He feels back pain, so he takes a valium. He says to himself "This shit isn't working" and ups his dose. He does this and starts to drink when he gets home. He has about 18 pills by the end of the day. He's fucking gone, and goes home to drink where he OD's. Thankfully his neighbor finds him drooling in his house. I guess he needed to borrow the lawnmower or whatever, but whatever, he calls the ambulance and Henry is flatlining. He's officially DEAD. No go, no collect your 200 dollars, and you lost the boot for your monopoly game. However, one of the kiddies in the ambulance thought to himself "Flatline + Basic Medic training = Sexy lotion on Henry's chest and sensual defib love". Basically he gets shocked to life. Wait, he was dead? Now alive? But, then he's a zombie. No, he was temporary dead, and was a near death scenario that was totally hypothetical, and your statement is moot.

Knights
Knights
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Filmmaker
Response to Is Painless Death Possible? 2012-02-09 01:39:23 Reply

At 5 minutes ago, H-K-S wrote:
At A few seconds ago, knightsofthecircle wrote:
I'm going to disagree. Here's why; Let's say there's a totally hypothetical situation and involves a person of ill refute. Let's call him Henry... So Henry starts his day by doing by doing some drugs. He starts it easy by smoking some weed in the morning, and he gets the munchies. You know, he gets fucking hungry as shit, and he eats his breakfast, and after that he goes to work. Now Henry has mild scoliosis or whatever. He feels back pain, so he takes a valium. He says to himself "This shit isn't working" and ups his dose. He does this and starts to drink when he gets home. He has about 18 pills by the end of the day. He's fucking gone, and goes home to drink where he OD's. Thankfully his neighbor finds him drooling in his house. I guess he needed to borrow the lawnmower or whatever, but whatever, he calls the ambulance and Henry is flatlining. He's officially DEAD. No go, no collect your 200 dollars, and you lost the boot for your monopoly game. However, one of the kiddies in the ambulance thought to himself "Flatline + Basic Medic training = Sexy lotion on Henry's chest and sensual defib love". Basically he gets shocked to life. Wait, he was dead? Now alive? But, then he's a zombie. No, he was temporary dead, and was a near death scenario that was totally hypothetical, and your statement is moot.

According to the law, the official term for death is the loss of life, i.e. no longer living. Since "Henry" was incapacitated for a finite amount of time, BUT was revived soon after, he technically wasn't dead in the first place.

BBS Signature
HKS
HKS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Writer
Response to Is Painless Death Possible? 2012-02-09 01:48:47 Reply

At 48 seconds ago, knightsofthecircle wrote:
According to the law, the official term for death is the loss of life, i.e. no longer living. Since "Henry" was incapacitated for a finite amount of time, BUT was revived soon after, he technically wasn't dead in the first place.

So, flatlining and showing no symptoms of living, then getting defibed' back to life isn't a temporary death? You can lose a life, but you can get it back. Incapacitation and temporary death are different. But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt because I'm too tired to give a shit right now.