00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mangoneNG just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Redesign 2012 Complete!

141,226 Views | 935 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-07 22:14:07

At 24 minutes ago, JoSilver wrote: I know I'm being a complete dick about this but, I have made an effort to upload an even number of movies and games, every year, so there would be no gaps on my user page. Well now that's being completely shot to HELL!

Not only to I have to upload 4 movies but also 4 games a year to have it all neat and tidy, but I have do in intervals of 4 so that means I have to do 4, 8, 12, ect... movies in a year to keep everything neat!

Actually I want to change that box to be like the Art sort box... A single box, filtered by ratings, sorted by date, score, views or title. So at least then you don't have to balance out each year! Right now it's like the old site because that was the quickest way forward in that area.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-07 22:14:13

That's some pretty rad stuff right there. ^^

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-07 22:14:23

It's definitely well constructed design, sleek, modern, and distinctively newgrounds in nature. The new features are great and the additional emotions pleasantly surprised me, but I still kind wish there was an option to revert back to the old design. I'm not ready for all this change.

I'd rather learn from one bird how to sing

Than teach 10,000 stars how not to dance.

-- ee cummings

BBS Signature

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-07 22:16:03

At 3 hours ago, liljim wrote:
At 3 minutes ago, Stamper wrote: first
second.

thought you died?

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-07 22:16:14

this is probably gonna take some getting used to it. by the way, am I the only one thinking Newgrounds: Human Revolution? maybe it's all the different shades of orange

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-07 22:16:29

My dick is hard.

"Death upon death... Nothing but death in this barren land. Who can we pray to? There are only demons and fiends here."

~The Journal of a Man Who Wandered into Another World

BBS Signature

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-07 22:16:51

Damn, you really outdid yourselves.
Design looks great!

Siggy

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-07 22:18:42

Oh my god! Where is everything?! I'm so fucking lost right now!

We are not Human Resources, We are Human Beings!

BBS Signature

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-07 22:18:46

Interesting.

¤´¨)

¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)

(¸.·´ (¸.·`¤[Rooby.22's Tunes]

BBS Signature

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-07 22:21:35

I actually like the look of the Under Judgement section more than the rest of the new portal.
In the Under judgement I can see icons, titles, authors, scores and anything else I might want at a glance. In the new portal all we can see is the icon. I'm far less likely to watch anything if I don't know who made it, or what the score is before I click it. Having to hover over it for the title is a little annoying too, and seems like a function that should be limited to the front page.
I think to some degree the point of removing blue/green scoring is so that people will check out submissions they otherwise wouldn't, but I do that anyways when I have the time. Not having any info on a flash until after I go to the page is very frustrating. I thought I would just use the classic portal, but it appears to have lost the necessary hover feature where I can see the author(s) and score.
It will take some getting used to, that's for sure, but right now it seems like a step down (despite the Under Judgement format being a step up).

GAH!

BBS Signature

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-07 22:22:29

One word... Awesome...

Cartoons will be Cartoons. Movies will be Movies. Games will be Games. Newgrounds, DeviantArt, and Youtube will be Everything. At least that's what I think. :P

BBS Signature

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-07 22:23:48

At 3 hours ago, TomFulp wrote: Welcome to the Newgrounds of the future, today!

UNLEASH THE SCOTCH FOUNTAIN

YAY SCOTCH FOUNTAIN

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-07 22:23:50

Kudos on the redesign, you guys worked hard and we appreciate it! Tom, when the uprising happens, I'll make sure you are spared. Wade...we'll see.

...the four right chords can make me cry

Some mellow jazz

BBS Signature

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-07 22:28:02

Site loads SUPER fast, that's awesome. Has a nice clean feel. Color-scheme is great. I like the BBS look. Now just waitin' for Marc's new cartoons.

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-07 22:28:40

At 11 minutes ago, TomFulp wrote:
At 16 minutes ago, TomaO2 wrote: Wait. How do I access the complete list of last weeks submissions? I can only access what's on the page in the classic version. I need the full version! I watch all the movies and games with a score of 3.00 and up. How do I do this now?
Does this work for you?
7 Days of Movies
7 Days of Games

Let me know if something seems lacking there... So far my experience has been that I can find fun stuff a lot more easily. You can also sort by score or views (those are sorted by date).

No, I saw that. It doesn't work for me. That gives me the movies and games that have been submitted in the past 7 days (currently feb1 to feb 7). I need the movies/games from the week ending on Feb 1. I've used the "best of the week" listing for years now. I don't watch the movies daily. Instead, I always wait for it to get on a static list and then I watch all the animations/games from the previous week. You took the "view all" option that used to be on the classic portal.

So... the only way to watch all of the previous week animations is looking through the month option then? That's a lot of searching... I haven't missed a full week of animations since before I became a mod here but I don't see any realistic way to view all the movies/games that were submitted by February 1st now (other then the top 15 anyway).

I suppose I can maybe work around this 7 day thing in the future but it's not gonna be simple as having one static list for a week. I would really like the "view all" buttons put back in for the classic portal.

Collecting NG's undiscovered gems has been a hobby of mine since 2005. I am curently posting them on my blog.

Feel free to check them out and tell me what you think.

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-07 22:28:48

THE COLORS, DUKE. THE COLORS!

Most Recent Flash I Voiced In! (UPDATED 6/1/11)

Most Recent Outside Project Voiced In! (UPDATED 2/5/12)

Add me on Skype: NGsonicmega

BBS Signature

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-07 22:28:49

where's the mature section?

BBS Signature

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-07 22:28:50

Wow. This is the first redesign in.....how long?

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-07 22:30:29

My list of things I like and don't like about the new redesign.

Things I like.

- Nice and Eye Catching, Nice job Egoraptor did on the background art on FP. Havn't bother to see who drew the rest.
- The new Project system. I looked at it once and shat a brick!
- Easy access to user stuff like the Dump and Project thing.
- The Portal Pages, much easier to browse and navigate.
- YOU CAN UPLOAD ARCHIVES TO DUMP!!! WHOOO!!! Will save butt loads of time when collaborating.
- You can also upload .as files now. :3
- I overall just cool

Things I don't like.

- No Lightbox option for flash games and Movies. I really, REALLY HOPE YOU ADD THAT!
- No option to lump Moives and Games as one on my user page. What if some one has only made like on game like 10 years ago and has made nothing but movies since. It would be a constant reminder that they haven't made one in a bazillion years.
- No Description of game and movies on FP... Not even a score? How am I suppose know if I wanna see it, I'm not an idiot who goes by pretty pictures. I need details!
- STARS EVERY WHERE! I HATE STARS! We need numbers instead of star! or atleat make is when you hover your mouse over the stars it shows you the real score... Not the 'Vague visual representation of it might actually be..." score.
- When you click on a category in the art portal there are too few results on the page especially since the art Icons are smaller then the Flash ones.
- Icon sizes no longer uniform... I'm a symmetry whore...
- The fact that I have to get used the new layout... :(

Overall Nice job guys! It's really Cool.

But I still have a soft spot for the old site layout.

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-07 22:31:07

What happen to the literature section? Ya know, where Tom post his diaries in?

play Etehfowr Against

BBS Signature

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-07 22:31:22

Well, I had a quick look around. My account, the flash movies and how to vote and review, the forums. Although I don't know how do everything right at this minute, I think it's a good step. Just a quick question, who is the girl to the right of this message?

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-07 22:32:16

Just wanted to drop in, give kudos to all of you for the redesign. It looks great! You guys did one Hellova job, and all that hard work is definitely appreciated. Keep kickin' ass, fellas!

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-07 22:33:27

my god how spectacular bravo bravo awsome change

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-07 22:33:43

Question: If we're moving towards a one-vote-per-user system does that mean scores will have to keep track of people's voting power. Otherwise, if I'm only allowed one vote, I would withhold so I could vote when I have more power.

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-07 22:34:54

It's no big deal, but I think it would be better if (in the forums) the signature text appeared in a darker tone than the "main" text. I don't know, it kind of drags too much attention to it.

Who are you looking for? What are you looking at?

A light? a star. A boat? an insect. A plane? a flying fish

BBS Signature

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-07 22:36:00

At 2 minutes ago, unconsidered wrote: Well, I had a quick look around. My account, the flash movies and how to vote and review, the forums. Although I don't know how do everything right at this minute, I think it's a good step. Just a quick question, who is the girl to the right of this message?

It's one of egoraptors drawings. But she doesn't have a name...... I think?

play Etehfowr Against

BBS Signature

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-07 22:37:38

I'm likin it so far:3

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-07 22:39:17

OH god... For a sec there... I was afraid you guys got rid of this...

http://www.newgrounds.com/collection/adultfeatures.html

PHEW!!!

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-07 22:39:23

Oh man....
Oh god......
Everything feels wrong.

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-07 22:40:55

At 39 minutes ago, NinjaCube wrote: Sorry about the repost, my comments show up slower so I thought it didn't post...

This is due to use of a read only server that's impacting the real-time-ness of the forums. Should get sorted out as the site starts running better and things can get switched around.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature