00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LettuceNFrenchFries just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Redesign 2012 Complete!

141,912 Views | 935 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-08 18:57:48

I wonder, will all this changes, you still keep the same voting system? I've been lurking here for a few years, and recently created an account. One thing that makes no sense to me is that to increase my music voting power (because I don't care about flash games nor movies tbh) I need to vote on stuff that is strictly NOT music (like movies and games ....). So alhough I spend a lot of time voting in the music section I have no bonuses compared to someone who plays a games and leaves a vote without a review or anything else (zero bombers, yes you're included).
I feel, IMO, that both music and art should have different voting pools. I am not sure if this is the right place to bring this topic, but since you're all up for a change, I thought I might as well try my luck and post my user opinion here.
Love the new interface on music, even if I cannot see to which category the music I'm hearing actually belongs to.

Keep the good job anyway, hope I helped.

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-08 18:57:48

O hai
No i just f5ed it and it was normal

Love the redesign

Redesign 2012 Complete!

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-08 19:03:30

The site is a little sluggish today it seems.

but more importantly, http://www.newgrounds.com/news/ looks all messed up (but i am glad to see the riff raff news gone). Also i couldn't actually find a link to that page, i just had it bookmarked. i like to see all the staff and artist news at once; its a great way to catch up on random things if i haven't been to the site in a while.

i still think the site looks awesome :D

Fear Popo Bawa!!!

John Goodman | ¥

while(<>){chomp;print;}

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-08 19:05:12

I love the new design

Redesign 2012 Complete!

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-08 19:07:05

Front Page:
Good design. Not much different in placement. The animated slideshow of the top content is a step up from the previous static picture. The large icons make it easier to find content you'd be interested in.

That being said, there's room for improvement. The information on each module of the front page differs in importance depending on who's viewing it. It would be amazing if each user could move each module around and get rid of unnecessary ones, it would mean a layout which is unique to the user.

Games / Movies / Audio / Art / Channels:

The overall designs are good. The genre system is great for looking for relevant content and Newgrounds didn't have anything quite like that before.

Each of the pages is rather bare, though. Above each genre section should be something interesting or useful. Games should have P-Bot saying what version of Flash a user has and a small demo game to play. Movies should have a slideshow of featured content or full byte-size content for the user to watch presented by P-Bot. The Audio Portal should see the return of A-Bot playing all of the newest top-rated tracks. The Art Portal should show I-Bot with a digital canvas with a random piece of high-rated art being displayed in nearly full scale. Channels should have a picture of The Crew, newly updated for 2012.

Calendar:
Good concept.

It's only as useful as long as it's continually updated. There also needs to be some sort of Newgrounds themed calendar art, better navigation, and the ability to click blank space in a given date and view all of the data such as daily winners and submissions from that day.

Downloads:
Needs much more content.

Wiki:
It's a good start on getting all of the site information into one place.

Dumping Grounds:
Much more useful. Now .swf, .fla, .swc, .psd, .jpg, .gif, .doc, .txt, .htm, .xml, .zip, and .tar are all supported. Technically, this means any file may be submitted because any of them can be archived as a .tar file.

Projects:
The new system looks great. Hopefully it will make collaboration much easier.

Account:
Much more compact. Everything has its place now.

User Page:
The stats page is an interesting addition, but it would be better to simply line all of the stats up along the left side of the main user page.

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-08 19:07:56

At 7 minutes ago, MetalBox wrote: O hai

Love the redesign

Again...it's okay

Redesign 2012 Complete!

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-08 19:09:27

I like it, but there are a few things, for one there is no button to go next/previous when viewing art. Also, the user banner has gone, and now there's just an empty space where it used to be, what gives? And third (for now at least) the info which you used to be able to see on the left on the user page, now it's gone and there's just empty space (again, what gives?)
Not complaining or anything, just... y'know.

In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed dwarf is king.

BBS Signature

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-08 19:10:06

At 24 seconds ago, MetalBox wrote:
At 7 minutes ago, MetalBox wrote: O hai

Love the redesign
Again...it's okay

thats what happen to me

tom are you gonna fix this are you please?

MER 2017

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-08 19:10:28

laying my eyes on the redesign now that my internet has kicked back in and i must say, it is quite interesting. while it certainly will take time for me to adjust, the new layout is sweet.

THIS WORLD IS MADE OF LOVE AND PEACE!

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-08 19:25:22

There are some aspects of the new layout that I like such as the pretty design but I harder to navigate around lime I used to. In the movies section why are there different categories? I'd prefer the old way with the flash portal and a long text list with info coming up when you had your mouse over it. Now it's just a picture. I'm not saying this is bad but without a doubt, can be improved. I also prefer the old user page but I think I just need to get used to it.

This new layout reminds me of windows 8 but I'm not gonna get into that. A site that looks kickass is good but that means nothing if it's not user-friendly.

Tom, I'm only telling you this is because I love this website, creating flash movies and games and I care "aboot" (yes, aboot.) the future of NewGrounds.

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-08 19:27:37

It takes some getting used to.
Pretty damn awesome apart from that. Makes me want to work on something.

BBS Signature

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-08 19:33:19

At 4 minutes ago, NAVeX-Sniper wrote: There are some aspects of the new layout that I like such as the pretty design but I harder to navigate around lime I used to. In the movies section why are there different categories? I'd prefer the old way with the flash portal and a long text list with info coming up when you had your mouse over it. Now it's just a picture. I'm not saying this is bad but without a doubt, can be improved. I also prefer the old user page but I think I just need to get used to it.

This new layout reminds me of windows 8 but I'm not gonna get into that. A site that looks kickass is good but that means nothing if it's not user-friendly.

Tom, I'm only telling you this is because I love this website, creating flash movies and games and I care "aboot" (yes, aboot.) the future of NewGrounds.

To add on, The beeping noise I get when a flash is loading gets irritating. I also can't find the link to see all my forum posts. There is more I will probably complain about...

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-08 19:33:37

Everything looks so cool..
and Orange. But it has that futuristic look, totally loving the art in the background, but what I would love most is like a 'subscribe' button to an artist you love. That way, you can always get an email when they submit new material. I don't know if someone had suggested this or not, but it's just what I think could make things awesomer.

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-08 19:34:37

At 1 day ago, reverend wrote: Oh Snap! And congrats!

Wow, The redesign looks recently awesome that i have seen ever since i have been visiting Newgrounds for 5 years.

It is looking dandy.

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-08 19:34:45

I have some difficulty dealing with change, but I'll click around a bit and we'll see what happens.

Objectively speaking, the design does look lovely.

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-08 19:38:26

The redesign looks really beautiful, honestly. The previous design was fantastic also, and the fact that it lasted so long is a good testament to just how great it was. The redesign is even better, well done.

I make animations and play games.

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-08 19:39:31

Well I like the design so far,but its a bit messy and unorganized and cluttered in some parts. Like the front page,its a thumbnail mess.

Especially the featured stuff on the front page. I liked it a bit better when the thumbnails were a bit smaller and had a little description to accompany the flash to drag us into it,rather than just guess on what its about and click away,cause a wide thumbnail and the name isn't really enough.

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-08 19:54:13

I might as well give my thoughts, since I spend a decent amount of time here, and want the best for the site, not just for me, but for the majority of people.

Cons:

The lack of info on the new icons. It has been said many times, but it would be helpful, and would avoid unnecessary spam viewing.

Stats should fill up the empty part of the userpages on the left. We had it before, and it just seems like you made it harder for us to scope out members.

I liked the feature where the audio mainpage would play a a featured song. Obviously you could disable the feature from settings, but I do miss it.

The underjudgment system with the new icons doesn't work as well as before. The Classic portal works very well in you can easily see the total number of UJ submissions, and though icons are nice, just take up more space than needed.

The skins are very nice. I love them. I do wish you could either assign certain skins to certain pages eliminating less favourite ones, or even uploading your own personal skins (this is probably a bit too much to ask for tough).

These are off the top of my mind, but believe when say I love the site design, and like the seperate flash portals, BBS stylings, level icons, new user bar at the top, etc...

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-08 19:59:24

I am completely blown away. Exploring the site like for the first time again. Loving it! Well done guys you did a great job!!

instagram.com/five_mile_smile

BBS Signature

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-08 20:20:11

Question, this new 2012 model is fucking awesome but when i try to load flas-err...When i try to load "Movies" it just stays with a blank space. With the old 2007 model it loaded fine, but it won't on this new model. & I'm wondering if i need a new adobe flash player to fix this or is it a bug or something to do with your end of this? RESPOND PLZ!!!

MEOWTH DAATS RIEGHT!!

BBS Signature

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-08 20:21:04

Looks great Tom!

Been around since 2004. (as a lurker that is!)

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-08 20:30:04

Sick redesign, Me gusta

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-08 20:30:10

awesomes

~Mangix

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-08 20:36:34

The redesign looks great. When you are on the games or movie tabs, the sort for score doesn't seem to work, though this may be because votes and review scores are now compiled. But the plus side is I get to see things lower down in the scoring that I might have missed.

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-08 20:40:47

who is the chick with the boobs on the homepage?

%u0CA0_%u0CA0

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-08 20:41:40

I'm very shocked to log back into the site to get some music and I find that the whole site has been redone
Nicely done guys, this new layout looks good and is really user friendly.

thanks for the sig Phobotech

BBS Signature

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-08 20:45:44

problems: i cant play games or videos
i cant find user blogs
random set up spazzes (glitchey main menu for example)

things i find bad ass: everything else.

UNDEAD FOR LIFE!

BBS Signature

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-08 20:52:20

Holy crap! The redesign is amazing!

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-08 20:54:55

So Tom, can we get this back? I mean the "reply and quote" and "reply to thread" buttons? Im getting REAAAAAALY tired of having to delete walls of text just so I can reply.

Redesign 2012 Complete!

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-08 21:00:12

One of the best redesigns for a website ever!!