Brutal boxing action.3.70 / 5.00 9,661 Views
a young man finds himself back at school after a car crash3.73 / 5.00 5,115 Views
Recycle trash and dodge explosive bombs!3.64 / 5.00 2,924 Views
At 2 hours ago, Rob wrote: Work is going to continue to work. Work's been working all work to try to work the work so you guys can work. Work work!
L1 + Circle button continuously to say "Work!"
I trully love how the website looks right now!. Great job with the redesign!! :)
About the voting power icons, I think they are pretty cool, but the previous are much better in terms of design. They where all done with the same style, and they where much visible than they are now. It's not that I'm raging against the new ones, I trully like them. Mabye if you remake the weapons with the old icon style, that would look great :)
I'm not going to lie... I already miss the old music visualizer.. The new one is too generic, and yet there's more of a variety of the same thing now. We have like 30 presets of nothing but abstract lines.. wow amazing...
HOW COULD YOU TAKE AWAY THE BADGERS?!
Hey Tom&Crew, Awesome Redesign, but unless I'm reading the post wrong, most of my submissions have disappeared!
Is this a bug? I had like 12 submissions, now its showing 4!
remember the windows error series lol
At 1 hour ago, Magical-Zorse wrote: I don't want to see everyone's shitty icons. I want to see their level icons.
Correction: YOU have a shitty icon. A lot of people have awesome icons, and they're a whole lot better than having the same tiresome, generic level icons for everybody. Finally, this BBS has some personality. If you don't like shitty icons, then weed your own garden.
I never uploaded a new profile pic because animated images are no longer supported and I wanted to keep an animated one.
Now I'm sad.
But only in that one respect. The rest looks fantastic.
Other than the obvious teething issues, I think the redesign's been an absolute success - I certainly love the look of the site, even if the brightness is a bit hard on the eyes initially. It definitely seems to have taken a step more towards the pre-2007 design than the previous one. From what's there the only things that I can see that I could complain about is the fact that levels seem to have taken a position below the user icons, which makes it look a bit more like a fairly regular, normal site, the previous icons made the site stand out from the crowd somewhat. I especially love the topbar beside your name - some great quick accessibility added by the icons there. I'm very happy to see this, even if initially the brightness was a turnoff for me.
Oh wait, don't worry, I just realized I was looking at movies!
I have more games then movies, I just got confused.!
remember the windows error series lol
This new design is damn sexy as hell. I'm sure some people won't like the split of the Games and Movies into separate portals, but since I don't really click on the games nor vote on them as it is, this works well for me.
Thank you, thank you, thank you for adding a basic Artist Tracking!
Wow, this new layout looks good, but I think I'm having some problems. It seems to work on and off with how some of the stuff on this website doesn't seem to work, but it's working alright for me now, so I guess I can't complain. I do kind of miss not being able to look at the highest voted entries of all time in regards to every entry every made. I don't think the portal lets me go beyond the Top 50, but am I missing something?
You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock
YAY!!!!! I love the new design thanks a million szer TomFulp!
There are things I do and there are things I want to do. Overall, I just want to live my life and end it the way I want.
Well, I am indifferent about the redesign I like it for the most part and I think that it has a timeless look now. Still, there are some things that I don't like:
- Getting rid of the reply button without quoting. Thankfully already covered up by an userscript. Thank you, Xaotik!
- Showing the usericon above the level icon. Doesn't work well together with the style.
- Deletion of userpage headers. Doesn't make any sense. And that there is now advertisement on that place makes the whole thing even more sad. I thought we would get more custimization, not less.
- New aura system. It would be better if we could choose one of the descriptions (like Gamer) and the colour of the aura freely. I don't love music that much so having a green aura would be misleading. Auras itself look awesome, though.
Anyhow, I also want to mention things that I really like about the redesign:
- Bigger signatures - they simply look better now.
- Plenty of new emoticons. I am especially a fan of the new cat emote. Kind of sad that my blushie emote got changed but it is not too bad.
- New level icons are pretty cool- although the order of some is strange and a few look bad, like the unicorn skull. I would also like it when we could choose level icons that we already achieved.
- New project system that makes it easier to work together. Should help to get some nice collaborations done in an easier way.
- Ability to upload more stuff to dumpgrounds. Makes it easier for artists to exchange their stuff. And I can now upload my interviews as textfiles which gives me another change to back them up.
Without truth, there is no justice.
Asandir's interviews with Newgrounds forum users
Portal and Icon moderator
I feel that I'd rather see the new game submissions in the same way as they were shown earlier: a much longer list of games with their names and ratings clearly visible and only small images, instead of this short list with big images, over which you have to hover your mouse to see the game's title.
I also feel that the old system of having 10 stars for rating games was better and visually more comprehensible than the new 5 star system with half stars.
This is of course just my first impression, but I believe my opinion won't change regarding these two things. Any way, it's going to require some time to get used to this, but in the end I believe the site will be more easy navigate after this redesign.
At 13 hours ago, TomFulp wrote:At 25 minutes ago, ixfd64 wrote: I found a few problems:Strange, I get an error message if I try to vote on the same game twice. We'll have to spruce up the judgment phase. It's just such a huge step forward to have everything migrated over here, excited to move forward.
1. Submissions that are under judgment no longer show view count.
2. The redesigned website sometimes causes UltraSurf to crash when I use IE (although I suspect this issue is more on UltraSurf's side).
3. No error message would appear when I vote on a Flash that I've already voted on.
It seems to be working for me now (at least on IE).
Find me on Facebook!
Everything is just So sleek!!!! Dig the new look!!!
lol just dont like the new staff avatars! i kinda liked the old ones
There's a glitch where if you are on any one's user page (even your own) and click on the account button, it just adds /account you the end of the user page url.
e.g. if you were on example.newgrounds.com and clicked on account it would go to example.newgrounds.com/account instead.
Is it not possible to edit the posts? Any way, after a few tries the "Classic portal" finally managed to open itself, so now my first complaint just got at least partially deprecated. :) Is it a plan to keep the classic portal permanently available?
It's hard to make comparisons now that the old design isn't here for a direct comparison, but I do think that the general structure of the site is now better thought out, and that's an important thing!