00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Thrll just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

since the redesign is coming up...

2,989 Views | 33 Replies

what are memories you have about the current design

and what are you looking forward to in the future for this and other redesigns in store for NG

yeah i know not a very "original" topic, but i felt like asking anyways

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to since the redesign is coming up... 2012-02-03 16:03:35

I love the current design, I hope it won't get shit.

Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.

You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track.

ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature

Response to since the redesign is coming up... 2012-02-03 16:05:40

The current one is perfect. I don't remember what it looked like ten years ago, so I'm just used to this. I really hope the new one isn't ruined with useless shit. You hear that. Tom?

This is my signature. It is a nice signature.

BBS Signature

Response to since the redesign is coming up... 2012-02-03 16:08:05

At 2/3/12 04:05 PM, Bryan wrote: I'm probably one of the few people that isn't too happy about the new design.

I'm looking forward to it, but I'm sure I'll miss this design quite a bit. Let's just hope the design turns out to be good, I don't want to be stuck with an ugly layout after all this waiting.

Response to since the redesign is coming up... 2012-02-03 16:23:36

At 2/3/12 04:01 PM, Viper50 wrote: what are memories you have about the current design

and what are you looking forward to in the future for this and other redesigns in store for NG

yeah i know not a very "original" topic, but i felt like asking anyways

I remember the old design like it was yesterday.
#old

And just like that....he was gone...

BBS Signature

Response to since the redesign is coming up... 2012-02-03 16:24:44

At 2/3/12 04:22 PM, Tramps wrote:
At 2/3/12 04:16 PM, SpaceWhale wrote: I hope they fix this. I won't miss it at all.

false hopes every time, man
...What's wrong with that picture?

All i know is "2 new" makes me think of the milk brand "True Moo".

BBS Signature

Response to since the redesign is coming up... 2012-02-03 16:49:46

At 2/3/12 04:05 PM, Bryan wrote: I'm probably one of the few people that isn't too happy about the new design.

And people said the same thing back in '07.

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature

Response to since the redesign is coming up... 2012-02-03 17:02:24

I signed up in 2006 and browsed here since 2004. I remember what it looked like before this and was amazed that I could find everything I was looking for and if there was something I couldn't find then someone else could find it.

I didn't even know of a redesign coming up in 2007 and for the past five years it has been getting tweaked and added to. A lot is coming up for the redesign that I'm looking forward to. Some of it on Day 1 while other things will of course be added to it overtime. Do I'm excited.

Since the next Newgrounds redesign is approaching, I have something to say. A lot has been put into the redesign from the staff as well as many of the members of Newgrounds, from the Icon Moderators to the Genre Moderators.

There are going to be a lot of changes and some new toys to play with. However some parts of the new stuff may not work completely out of the box, this is standard when it comes to new websites and with Newgrounds it has been fewer and fewer with each new redesign.

So there might be a bug here or a glitch there, if this is the case then we DO NOT NEED A THREAD TO BITCH ABOUT IT! I know I'm not a Forum Moderator and this is probably a case of backseat modding, but I just thought I would throw it out there.

If you see a problem with the site then PM one of the staff members so it can be looked at and fixed. By making a thread on the forum WHINING AND BITCHING about it will not make the problem go away, it will just make somebody else send Tom a PM to fix the problem when you could have just done that in the first place.

I know this doesn't account for everyone, but there will probably be whiners.

Oh and can we not have any "I HATE CHANGE - REDESIGN SUX! BRING BACK OLD ONE" type of threads to. That would be great.

Response to since the redesign is coming up... 2012-02-03 17:07:09

I never saw the original layout, but after hearing about how much the first redesign improved NG, I'm hoping this one will do even more

EGB || Sig by EmmaVolt

BBS Signature

Response to since the redesign is coming up... 2012-02-03 17:07:41

i love the way it looks

"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

was her name tenneassi

omtish

BBS Signature

Response to since the redesign is coming up... 2012-02-03 17:08:36

At 2/3/12 04:16 PM, SpaceWhale wrote: I hope they fix this. I won't miss it at all.

false hopes every time, man

I feel your pain.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to since the redesign is coming up... 2012-02-03 17:18:33

At 2/3/12 04:05 PM, jjjkuk wrote: The current one is perfect.

- Not enough room for some thread titles. (Can't fit all the info I want into the title)

- Odd picture size limit. (most camera pics are 640 wide - NG's width limit is 599)

- Signatures are a bit too skinny. (100 would make a better maximum height)

- NO EMBEDDING OF VIDEOS. (I want to see the first frame of what I'm about to watch)

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to since the redesign is coming up... 2012-02-03 17:21:37

At 2/3/12 04:01 PM, Viper50 wrote: what are memories you have about the current design

Well, all my memories as Newgrounds user are tied to the current design. The layout and the features of the site were appealing enough to make me join, and more importantly to make me stay here. In the years of internet using, it is the only site that made me a member and I care about the site.
I am sure that the redesign will look amazing and manage to bring up a new look and innovative features, while keeping the best of the old layouts. The redesign will make me happy and I bet that the vast majority will love the new layout, a new look, which still has the Newgrounds charm that so many loyal users like.

Tuturu~ ♫

Without truth, there is no justice.

Asandir's interviews with Newgrounds forum users

BBS Signature

Response to since the redesign is coming up... 2012-02-03 18:30:47

The watch this movie bug. Then the news posts which kept me in newgrounds. The introduction of those where what led me to become friends with superblast. Freindship with saltshakerclock and the others were the highlight of 2007.

I'm not really looking forward to it. I've always thought this design was perfect. There is nothing more that I could ask for exept adding somthing to the some account type thingy or a working chat.

???-2004?=dark ages, 2005?=atomic betty era, 2006=red dwarf era, 2007-2009=newgrounds era, 2009-2014= anime era,

What have I done with my life?

BBS Signature

Response to since the redesign is coming up... 2012-02-03 18:36:00

At 2/3/12 05:09 PM, hiddeninthecrowd wrote: does this also include real moderators?

Well it includes the Wiki Moderators, Art Moderators, Audio Moderators, and Review Moderators. It does not include Forum Moderators though because... well let's be honest they don't really do much except run a daycare center 24/7.

Response to since the redesign is coming up... 2012-02-03 18:56:13

I remember back when I didn't have an account, I used to go on NG all the time. Then one day I stopped for a long time, like a year. Then I decided to go on it again after a while and I searched for a movie. Everything looked a little funny to me. I clicked on the author icon, and got taken to a userpage, and was just like, "WHAT THE FUCK?"

BBS Signature

Response to since the redesign is coming up... 2012-02-03 18:58:01

I hope the new design doesnt suck balls.

comment pls | follow pls | aka FishType1

BBS Signature

Response to since the redesign is coming up... 2012-02-03 18:59:12

I don't want a redesign! I don't like things that are different.

I LIKE MONEY

BBS Signature

Response to since the redesign is coming up... 2012-02-03 19:01:47

Memories, hmm....Black and yellow pretty much sums it up.

In the redesign i want is better level icons or an option to personalize your level icons and a better topic search engine. I also want Reviews to be a little more strict less one liners and more reasons why a flash deserved the score it received by a user.

QOTW:

"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr

How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature

Response to since the redesign is coming up... 2012-02-03 19:05:10

I fucking love this site. It has a perfect design/layout and amazing staff that are involved with their users. I will miss thisdesign alot, but I'm not thinking "I hope they don't fuck up NG." Why? Well, I trust Tom and the rest of the staff alot. I mean, they were able to come up with the (amazing) design that we have now, there's no way they can fuck this up. Even if they do mess up one thing or another, they're (like I said) really involved with the users and I know that they'll fix it as soon as possible.

Basically, I love the current design, but I think that the staff is competent enough to somehow improve their near-perfect site.

Response to since the redesign is coming up... 2012-02-03 19:38:13

I guess I will remember how the BBS and th portals used to look like.
And maybe the level icond too..
Very excited for the redesign!!
Im looking forward to the new portal and maybe the chat...
But most importantly, the new level icons!!

Drawin' and being trash. :3

Response to since the redesign is coming up... 2012-02-03 20:37:46

all the bans I gotton

Get lyrically fit!!!!

Props to Embr for putting my sig into shape!!!

BBS Signature

Response to since the redesign is coming up... 2012-02-03 20:38:34

I am just so god damn excited, I just want to see how the next chapter of Newgrounds turns out, and I just want to enjoy every minute of it!

Response to since the redesign is coming up... 2012-02-03 20:48:17

Well not much really just holiday designs that come out often around the seasons. But I pretty much excited about the new redesign. I mean at least something NEW is gonna happen on this website. Not to mention that this design has been here for along time so I think its about time we start off fresh. As for the people that's gonna bitch and whine about change...grow up (Literally).

But eventually they'll get used to it or Tom will possibly give a option where users can use the previous design possibly by people bitching but I completely doubt it.

XBL Gamertag: Cpt D3FAULT | PSN ID: SNEAKYGAMEBOY | GAMING SINCE 2002 ;D

BBS Signature

Response to since the redesign is coming up... 2012-02-03 20:53:48

Some account type thingy here.

Ignore this signature.

Response to since the redesign is coming up... 2012-02-03 20:54:23

At 2/3/12 05:18 PM, Painbringer wrote:
At 2/3/12 04:05 PM, jjjkuk wrote: The current one is perfect.
- Not enough room for some thread titles. (Can't fit all the info I want into the title)

It's a title, not a paragraph

- Odd picture size limit. (most camera pics are 640 wide - NG's width limit is 599)

It's like that so people won't spam giganto-picture like some other forums, although that specific number is a bit odd

- Signatures are a bit too skinny. (100 would make a better maximum height)

again, it's so threads won't be mostly big images

- NO EMBEDDING OF VIDEOS. (I want to see the first frame of what I'm about to watch)

kinda useless

This is my signature. It is a nice signature.

BBS Signature

Response to since the redesign is coming up... 2012-02-03 20:59:35

I saw this current design ever since I signed up, and ever since I "discovered" the forums, it's been my one and only frequenting place, apart from the flash portal, medal games collection and my userpage. I like this current design, but I'm one for change, frankly. There are a lot of things that aren't good on the current Newgrounds and I hope the redesign will fix them.

That said, I'm all for the redesign, but if it turns everything horrible and worse than before, then no, I would not be a likely supporter of the redesign.

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

Response to since the redesign is coming up... 2012-02-03 20:59:52

I'm sure everyone will be pissed when it comes, just like they were in '07. Then they'll get used to it and no one will give a fuck anymore.

"Censorship is telling a man that he cannot have a steak just because a baby cannot chew it." - Mark Twain

Response to since the redesign is coming up... 2012-02-03 21:00:22

This is the site design I signed up to the site with, and although I love it, I'm ready for change. I'm looking forward to the update and can't wait to see what comes with it!

Response to since the redesign is coming up... 2012-02-03 21:33:44

Time flies, apparently we only have two more days.

QOTW:

"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr

How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature