00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

renatocfrancisco just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

My dreams are boring as fuck

6,196 Views | 25 Replies

My dreams are boring as fuck 2012-01-29 13:16:22

Does anyone else have really boring dreams? People are always posting about the crazy-ass dreams they have and I feel like I'm missing out. Take last night for example; in my dream I was preparing for a social event by going out and buying a new outfit. That's not the set up for me fighting a zombie invasion or diving into a massive writing orgy. That was the entire dream. I was at a department store looking at shirts. I think at one point I may have decided that while I was out I may as well complete the outfit so I picked up a new pair of pants as well.

What does this say about me? Some people live out wild fantasies where they travel to bizarre amalgams of reality and their own psycho-sexual subconscious desires. The big exciting twist in my dream is that I found a shirt I really like and it was within my budget, but it was a short-sleeved shirt and I prefer long sleeves.

I can't be the only person harboring this type of banality, can I?

Happy with what you have to be happy with

you have to be happy with what you have

to be happy with you have to be happy with what you have

BBS Signature

Response to My dreams are boring as fuck 2012-01-29 13:17:35

Do you have a boring life? Do you have a good imagination, and do you watch tv and movies?

Response to My dreams are boring as fuck 2012-01-29 13:19:07

Mine are mostly blank now in days. Sometimes I have really sexual dreams.

BBS Signature

Response to My dreams are boring as fuck 2012-01-29 13:19:08

oh my god LMAO im laughing out loud right now !!!

I never had boring dreams like buying a shirt ..... lollll

-

BBS Signature

Response to My dreams are boring as fuck 2012-01-29 13:20:49

I have highly ambitious dreams. I'm going to be rich and successful and will marry a beautiful woman.

I'd rather learn from one bird how to sing

Than teach 10,000 stars how not to dance.

-- ee cummings

BBS Signature

Response to My dreams are boring as fuck 2012-01-29 13:22:38

At 1/29/12 01:17 PM, benmitchell0036 wrote: Do you have a boring life? Do you have a good imagination, and do you watch tv and movies?

I lead an average life. Probably no more or less interesting than the median user on this site. I don't watch television, but I read pretty voraciously and have a soft spot for sci-fi and fantasy so I think I give my mind plenty of fuel. I also write, more as a hobby than anything else, but I've gotten a few pieces published over the years so I don't completely suck at it.

BBS Signature

Response to My dreams are boring as fuck 2012-01-29 13:23:08

I have't really had many dreams that I remember in the past few months. I don't know why. The last dream I remember though was a dream where I literally laid in bed all night staring at the ceiling of my room. Now that's a boring dream.

Response to My dreams are boring as fuck 2012-01-29 13:30:43

At 1/29/12 01:23 PM, shrimpchris wrote: I have't really had many dreams that I remember in the past few months. I don't know why. The last dream I remember though was a dream where I literally laid in bed all night staring at the ceiling of my room. Now that's a boring dream.

Okay, you win. At least I'm not alone.

At 1/29/12 01:19 PM, AtomicD00M wrote: Mine are mostly blank now in days. Sometimes I have really sexual dreams.

That's kind of upsetting. I like having dreams, I just wish they were a little more exciting. I had dream once where I was going to have sex, but I decided I wasn't really in the mood so I went off to do something else. That's not even me exaggerating to be funny, that was my dream.

At 1/29/12 01:20 PM, Dubbi wrote: I have highly ambitious dreams. I'm going to be rich and successful and will marry a beautiful woman.

That's more of an overall goal for your life and not the kind of dream I was referring to, but I applaud your ambition and wish you the best.

BBS Signature

Response to My dreams are boring as fuck 2012-01-29 13:30:55

At 1/29/12 01:27 PM, TheCrimsonWidow wrote: My dreams are mostly sex filled hellholes,

Saaaame here. I hate it sometimes. Theyre mostly of my female friends instead of my girlfriend.

but I sometimes have the old "Find the dress that fits" dream.

Only had this once but with shirts that I never had.

BBS Signature

Response to My dreams are boring as fuck 2012-01-29 13:31:47

Maybe, you should find your purpose in life.

Response to My dreams are boring as fuck 2012-01-29 13:37:22

At 1/29/12 01:29 PM, Natick wrote: "Nothing is more boring than hearing someone else describe a dream."

- George Carlin

True, but discussing what dreams are, what (if anything) they mean, contemplating why we have them, and why certain people have certain dreams, is actually pretty interesting.

BBS Signature

Response to My dreams are boring as fuck 2012-01-29 13:39:52

My dreams are super boring too, normally. Maybe 3 or 4 times in my life did I ever have any half entertaining dream

---

Response to My dreams are boring as fuck 2012-01-29 13:56:45

my theory is that the more exciting your waking life, the less exciting your dreams.

I have very exciting and interesting dreams.

Response to My dreams are boring as fuck 2012-01-29 14:02:17

At 1/29/12 01:56 PM, Freaki-boy92 wrote: my theory is that the more exciting your waking life, the less exciting your dreams.

My life isn't exciting enough that my dreams represent a polar opposite. Maybe I'm expecting greatness and my dreams are preemptively being dull.

BBS Signature

Response to My dreams are boring as fuck 2012-01-29 15:03:08

At 1/29/12 01:16 PM, Jercurpac wrote: but it was a short-sleeved shirt and I prefer long sleeves.

You're dying and your dream is telling you don't take anything for granted.

play Etehfowr Against

BBS Signature

Response to My dreams are boring as fuck 2012-01-29 15:20:11

To dream that you are shopping symbolizes your needs and desires. It also represents opportunities and options that you come across in life. Consider what you are shopping for and what needs you are try to fulfill. In particular, to dream that you are shopping for food and groceries signifies your hidden attempt to buy the attention of others. If you are shopping for clothes, then it suggests that you are trying to put forth a new image.

Response to My dreams are boring as fuck 2012-01-29 15:27:24

When I remember my dreams, it's always the same fucked up shit. Stuff that is so illogical that it should occur to me that I'm just dreaming... but well, in dream I never realize I'm just dreaming.

A reoccuring theme is, that I'm too tired to keep my eyes open, but when I close them, I don't really "sleep" in my dream. It's just that I cannot keep my eyes open, yet I continue to do whatever I was doing.

For example, I was cycling along this long ass road together with someone. We talked and stuff. But whenever I tried to turn my head to see who's actually with me I couldn't see him, because I couldn't keep my eyes open.

Another example: Somebody was at the door, trying to come in. I couldn't see who it was through the door viewer, because I was so tired. I then wanted to pretend I'm not home, and layed down on the floor (yeah, so tired I couldn't even go to bed), but my door all of a sudden has turned into a dutch door (those that can open on top and on bottom, see picture). Luckily, I then woke up.

I always dream weird shit like that, so I much rather don't remember my dreams. Or, if I remember them, I would really like them to be as boring as OP's dreams. :/

My dreams are boring as fuck

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to My dreams are boring as fuck 2012-01-29 20:05:31

My dreams are so boring that I fall asleep during them.

If I offer to help you in a post, PM me to get it. I often forget to revisit threads.

Want 180+ free PSP games? Try these links! - Flash - Homebrew (OFW)

Response to My dreams are boring as fuck 2012-01-29 20:12:46

I had this dream where it rained pizza crusts at a weird house. I was a shadow wearing a tutu. I had these phantom memories of a family I never knew. When I went outside to pick up the pizza crusts, they would turn into baby dragons after falling through my shadow hands. They chased me around spitting fire at me. When ever I turned away to look ahead, it felt like the baby dragons were enormous beasts chasing after me, but when I look back, they were only baby dragons. I happened to come across an old chapel in ruins. I ran up the cobblestone stairs to find this headless man covered in blood, covered in plastic. The headless torso turned around and handed me a box of pizza. I then woke up.

Response to My dreams are boring as fuck 2012-01-29 20:17:07

I have dreams that make next to no sense, so when I wake up, I write down all the details of my dream and try to put it together later on.

BBS Signature

Response to My dreams are boring as fuck 2012-01-29 20:38:52

Nah like 90% of the dreams I have are boring as shit.

But when ever I drink, or smoke weed, or suffer illness... Basically, anything that fucks my head up, will make me have fun dreams.

For instance, I have had dreams where I just play video games, I don't even play video games that much when I'm awake ffs... Yet clubbing a few nights ago resulted in me dreaming about my girlfriend and I having a threesome with a latina version of my girlfriend.

Basically, drink to have fun dreams.

*No longer PaperBoy, due to a technicality involving a 'missing' energy drink, I am now TiredBoy...

General Forum

The Funniest BBS Typo

BBS Signature

Response to My dreams are boring as fuck 2012-01-29 20:45:50

Mine are pretty random. I don't remember much about them.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to My dreams are boring as fuck 2012-01-29 21:26:27

There's a way around boring dreams.

Dreams are not static. They are not random. They are not uncontrollable. Dreams can be controlled by the dreamer. Dreams normally occur during the REM phases of sleep. You are normally not conscious during REM sleep, but it is possible to become conscious during REM and become aware that you are dreaming.

When you become conscious of your dreaming, you will be able to alter your dreams to suit your interests. Dreams are a product of the mind and with a little bit of imagination, you are able to control them.

Let's say you're dreaming that you're looking for a shirt. You wonder how you ended up where you are because you don't remember traveling there. You must be dreaming. Now you want to be on the moon. You could simply end up on the moon, but normally, your expectations in real life would be that you can't just appear on the moon. With a little bit of creativity, you could reason that the mirror in the shop is magic and if you jump through it you'll appear on the moon.

It doesn't sound quite logical, but the logic processing portions of the brain are nearly dormant during sleep. That's what allows for the strange "dream logic" present during REM sleep. Having a magical mirror that would transport you to the moon would be much more logical to your brain that simply appearing there. With creative solutions such as this, you're able to control your dream world. Your expectation dictates what happens.

If you want to learn more, you should read Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming by Stephen LaBerge or read the lucid dreaming Wikibook.

Response to My dreams are boring as fuck 2012-01-29 23:06:59

Take some amitriptyline! That stuff gives me the weirdest dreams ever. Its apprenlty one of the side effects(besides others). Ill happily swap your boring dreams with mine if you want!

Why won't you die?

Your blood in mine…

We'll be fine…

BBS Signature

Response to My dreams are boring as fuck 2012-01-29 23:53:37

boring dreams? can't say that i have. of the few i remember none are boring. i'm afraid i'm not on the same boat as you. interestingly enough, i'm reading an article now of how some people actually see boring dreams as a "gift". it comes to a conclusion that boring dreams can in fact benefit you in the waking world and even guide you through the day.

on a note of curiosity, did you happen to remember what shirt you picked up in the dream? you could turn your boring dream into a daytime adventure and find it, pants as well. or perhaps you already own said shirt and i'm just spewing nonsense.

THIS WORLD IS MADE OF LOVE AND PEACE!

Response to My dreams are boring as fuck 2012-01-29 23:59:35

Sometimes I can have boring dreams, for example, sitting in class, taking notes. Sometimes I can have really mental dreams. Eg, being naked at school looking for my clothes while the whole place is filled with some kind of green gloo. Basically, a lot of my dreams happen at school. Even if school isn't fitting for the dream it is.