00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Herozaitama just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Cmkinusn's Art

2,632 Views | 24 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Cmkinusn's Art 2012-01-14 00:28:41

Some art I create aside from my game art and flash series (can't release that stuff here until the games or flash animations are done)

Smiley:

He seems pretty excited.....about what? Who knows? He is probably chasing a car, the dimwit.

Cmkinusn's Art

Current Projects

Bloodline Champions Comedy Series! (episode one in progress)

Project Godai Dynasty (Game)

Response to Cmkinusn's Art 2012-01-14 00:32:35

A ferocious monster, straight from your nightmares....or it would be if I could draw better. For now, its your typical alien beast.

I may color this, it does look like it would be interesting fully colored.

Cmkinusn's Art

Current Projects

Response to Cmkinusn's Art 2012-01-14 02:50:08

Welcome to NG BBS art forum. not a bad start bud, you should color this creature yes. Continue to post more people are bound to stop in sometime and i want to see what else you have in store.

Art is vast as Love is deep, Trying to Explain the two is like trying to discover everything there is about the ocean.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Cmkinusn's Art 2012-01-14 11:05:01

At 1/14/12 02:50 AM, Ramatsu wrote: Welcome to NG BBS art forum. not a bad start bud, you should color this creature yes. Continue to post more people are bound to stop in sometime and i want to see what else you have in store.

I draw a lot, but due to a lot of that art being for projects, art for this thread will be a bit sporadic. Regardless, I will definitely keep this thread up to date on my work. :) Thanks for the comment.

Current Projects

Response to Cmkinusn's Art 2012-01-14 16:36:51

At 1/14/12 12:32 AM, cmkinusn wrote: A ferocious monster, straight from your nightmares....or it would be if I could draw better. For now, its your typical alien beast.

I may color this, it does look like it would be interesting fully colored.

Me gusta.

Response to Cmkinusn's Art 2012-01-23 03:13:51

I was just drawing eyes, decided to try drawing my wife's and i got a bit carried away haha:

Cmkinusn's Art

Current Projects

Response to Cmkinusn's Art 2012-01-23 17:56:17

A more stylized attempt at drawing my wife. I may have gone a bit too far but I think it turned out well, regardless.

Cmkinusn's Art

Current Projects

Response to Cmkinusn's Art 2012-01-26 01:31:15

This time a drawing of my wife and I.

Cmkinusn's Art

Current Projects

Response to Cmkinusn's Art 2012-01-28 15:31:37

Here is a drawing I'm working on of my wife as if she were a popstar. Now, unlike the last three I posted up, this one I have had to draw from imagination. This doesn't mean I didn't use references, which I did, but it means I couldn't just take the picture and draw everything the exact same. One of the main parts that were from my mind was the shading on her body from neck down. (the face was referenced, though it wasn't her face so I had to change quite a few features)

The reason I bring this up is I want some opinions on how the shading came out. Does it seem convincing? Keep in mind where you see the line-work for the clothing, as the skin sort of bulges at the edges. If you don't think I drew it convincingly, care to provide any reference photographs that may help? I tried my best to find them, but maybe you found something better. :) (Also, I am slowly phasing out the linework, i keep it there to keep me from enlarging or morphing the anatomy)

Hi-Res Link: WIP

Cmkinusn's Art

Current Projects

Response to Cmkinusn's Art 2012-01-28 22:57:55

Well no advice was given and i wasn't going to just wait around, so I basically finished it. The only thing left is for my wife to decide on the background. Anyways:

HI-RES

ps. the glitter is a bit weird but she wanted it, so.

Cmkinusn's Art

Current Projects

Response to Cmkinusn's Art 2012-01-28 23:00:22

At 1/26/12 01:31 AM, cmkinusn wrote: This time a drawing of my wife and I.

Here is the art portal entry:
http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/cmkin usn/heliana

Still not done with the rest of the other one, so waiting to put that one up on the art portal

Current Projects

Response to Cmkinusn's Art 2012-02-05 16:24:37

Maxwell:

http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/cmkin usn/maxwell (Larger Version)
http://fav.me/d4oph3f (Lineart for Maxwell)

Cmkinusn's Art

Current Projects

Response to Cmkinusn's Art 2012-02-05 16:32:20

At 2/5/12 04:24 PM, cmkinusn wrote: Maxwell:

The arms are disproportionately long, and you need to work on your perspective, cause the left leg just looks shorter, not more distant.

Response to Cmkinusn's Art 2012-02-05 16:44:42

At 2/5/12 04:32 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
The arms are disproportionately long, and you need to work on your perspective, cause the left leg just looks shorter, not more distant.

I think thats because I made the forearm too long, oh well. And for the left leg, I suck at clothing haha, I had it looking fine when it was just the bare leg, but I can't draw jeans. Thanks jonny

Current Projects

Response to Cmkinusn's Art 2012-02-05 16:49:19

Also, I just found the secret to getting comments on your art! Have flaws :D

Current Projects

Response to Cmkinusn's Art 2012-02-05 16:58:10

At 2/5/12 04:44 PM, cmkinusn wrote:
I think thats because I made the forearm too long, oh well. And for the left leg, I suck at clothing haha, I had it looking fine when it was just the bare leg, but I can't draw jeans. Thanks jonny

The best way to make the leg appear farther away is to increase the amount of shading on the lower portion, it will make it appear more distant.

Response to Cmkinusn's Art 2012-02-05 17:04:54

At 2/5/12 04:58 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
The best way to make the leg appear farther away is to increase the amount of shading on the lower portion, it will make it appear more distant.

You know what? I planned that when I started coloring and I completely forgot D: lol

Current Projects

Response to Cmkinusn's Art 2012-02-12 21:12:09

Here is a quick colored sketch i did of a random girl. I was trying to make her simple yet anatomically correct (mostly did well I think) and hopefully attractive.

Current Projects

Response to Cmkinusn's Art 2012-02-12 21:17:43

At 3 minutes ago, cmkinusn wrote: Here is a quick colored sketch i did of a random girl. I was trying to make her simple yet anatomically correct (mostly did well I think) and hopefully attractive.

wow, nevermind, cox internet sucks ass so I cant upload anything right now...fuck, even posting is hell because it has to be sent to the NG servers. When my internet isnt gay I will try again.

Current Projects

Response to Cmkinusn's Art 2012-02-13 16:34:17

:finally it uploads!

Here is a sketch I did of a female. No one in particular, just a random person. What do you guys think?

Cmkinusn's Art

Current Projects

Response to Cmkinusn's Art 2012-02-20 20:30:56

Here is a sketch of The Flash I did. I tried to present him in a simple but realistic way that could be animated. It would likely be limited animation, but this is how I intend the flash to look if I am accepted as the animator.

Larger version:

Cmkinusn's Art

Current Projects

Response to Cmkinusn's Art 2012-02-21 03:48:22

Here is another rendition I did, this time of batman. Again this is simplistic anatomy but its meant for animation:

(does Batman seem a bit pouty to you? I hope im not the first to show him that way :\)

Cmkinusn's Art

Current Projects

Response to Cmkinusn's Art 2013-07-04 16:37:31

and also a drawing of my wife making a weird face, I liked the shapes it created. Drawn with 2h, 6B and Charcoal White on tanned sketch paper.

Gotta go so I have to post the rest of my art later on though, so keep an eye out.

Cmkinusn's Art

Current Projects

Current Projects