00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

twmimic001 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Classic MPAA Story

28,325 Views | 98 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Classic MPAA Story 2012-01-13 18:07:50

At 1/13/12 05:40 PM, Monsieur-Monsieur wrote: Ey Tom, are you gonna make a new "flash history" things for 2011? Also since 2008 you didn't wrote the stories of each movies like you used to do and it was pretty interesting. But who cares, that's not the subject.

It's crazy to see how a simple video could make a huge things like this.

I need to update the Flash Portal history, the NG History, and possibly go back and document the past years of conventions... I should just have a HISTORY MONTH dedicated to all that. And the Treasure Hunt.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Classic MPAA Story 2012-01-13 18:09:11

At 1/13/12 05:43 PM, Finalfina wrote: Either way... You are quite the courageous fellow, Tom. I would've shit myself if i were in your position back then... I'm glad we have a fearless leader like yourself.

It's weird because I don't really consider myself that fearless... If the investigator had been from the government I would have spilled my guts about everything and maybe cried in the shower afterwards.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Classic MPAA Story 2012-01-13 18:36:23

Sorry to be rash but last time I checked these companies are making more money than they ever have.

There's always been the ability to copy/share music and movies. Remember mix tapes? These production agencies are just taking advantage of the tractability incorporated in digital file sharing, not suffering from it.

Emote mod. Contact me for emote moderation.

BBS Signature

Response to Classic MPAA Story 2012-01-13 18:37:26

Wow, I can't believe they'd send a private investigator over a publicity stunt! You should have just explained that to them. I also find it hard to believe that they would do something like that as a publicity stunt without informing all the appropriate legal teams and such, so you don't get caught out like that.

On a side note, for what was supposedly one of the worst films ever produced, I actually quite enjoyed the film.

My websites: MayesMods | FireStorm | I'm also on almost every other website in existence, mostly under the username: andy70707 (youtube: brainiac777, eBay: 10andy70707).

BBS Signature

Response to Classic MPAA Story 2012-01-13 18:49:43

Soooooo, what you're saying is, the entertainment industry is one big cluster cunt?

Response to Classic MPAA Story 2012-01-13 20:56:22

Did the scene make it into the movie? I've never seen. Not sure if I want to...

S&Box, the game Facepunch Studio have been working on.

BBS Signature

Response to Classic MPAA Story 2012-01-13 20:59:05

http://pcworld.co.nz/pcworld/pcw.nsf/fea ture/93FEDCEF6636CF90CC25757A0072B4B7

As you read the article, one thing stands out:

In its submission, Google notes that more than half (57%) of the takedown notices it has received under the US Digital Millennium Copyright Act 1998, were sent by business targeting competitors and over one third (37%) of notices were not valid copyright claims.

Shouldn't they fix that problem BEFORE passing this bill?

The fact that all the blame and responsibility is being pushed on the websites I love is unbelievably stupid and angering.

...is it me or has politics suddenly become a series of mandatory lightning rounds in a mandatory game show?

Response to Classic MPAA Story 2012-01-13 21:15:11

The MPAA is one of the most corrupt and retarded organizations on the planet. There is absolutely no rhyme or reason to what they do. They are evil, evil people and one day they'll be stopped. You should watch "This Film is Not Yet Rated". It's a documentary that basically takes a shit on the MPAA directly to their faces. its glorious.

Response to Classic MPAA Story 2012-01-13 21:29:09

Freddy Got Fingered was fucking awesome.

Response to Classic MPAA Story 2012-01-13 21:38:55

At 1/13/12 09:29 PM, Chad-T wrote: Freddy Got Fingered was fucking awesome.

That movie was hilarious

BBS Signature

Response to Classic MPAA Story 2012-01-13 21:55:50

At 1/13/12 09:15 PM, MOC-Productions wrote: The MPAA is one of the most corrupt and retarded organizations on the planet. There is absolutely no rhyme or reason to what they do. They are evil, evil people and one day they'll be stopped. You should watch "This Film is Not Yet Rated". It's a documentary that basically takes a shit on the MPAA directly to their faces. its glorious.

can't really call that one a documentary since its really biased.

Its more like a mocumentary/comedy film.

BBS Signature

Response to Classic MPAA Story 2012-01-13 21:56:03

At 1/13/12 05:11 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 1/13/12 05:03 PM, JoaoGabriel wrote: Hey tom, can you show some redesing pics to us, please?
Sure why not!

wow GEE WIZZ look at the blue ray quality image

BBS Signature

Response to Classic MPAA Story 2012-01-13 22:00:20

The really esoteric fact is that "freddy got fingered" is a crappy movie that flashed into existence and was forgotten just as quick, to me it seems insane that such a terd could threaten the existence of something so great! But i will comfort you with this thought Tom, even if they ever did shut you down (which they wouldn't ) we would all be here, just waiting to sign up for your next site. Hell we would all even call the new site newgrounds still if you wanted. Viva La Fulp! 8D

Classic MPAA Story

"A reward is it's own reward." - Killgar

Response to Classic MPAA Story 2012-01-13 22:11:17

fuck them.

follow me: TWITTER and FACEBOOK

Response to Classic MPAA Story 2012-01-14 00:15:41

At 1/13/12 09:55 PM, Chisugi wrote:
At 1/13/12 09:15 PM, MOC-Productions wrote: The MPAA is one of the most corrupt and retarded organizations on the planet. There is absolutely no rhyme or reason to what they do. They are evil, evil people and one day they'll be stopped. You should watch "This Film is Not Yet Rated". It's a documentary that basically takes a shit on the MPAA directly to their faces. its glorious.
can't really call that one a documentary since its really biased.

Its more like a mocumentary/comedy film.

A valid argument. There's no real definition for a documentary. A documentary can be funny without being a mocumentary. There's usually some sort of bias as well. Either way, its a good film.

Response to Classic MPAA Story 2012-01-14 00:23:47

Wait, they were trying to shut the entire website down instead of just asking to take off the "material" in question?

Man, things seem to be getting worse n worse don't they? I honestly don't think there's really much we can do against SOPA short of violent protest/rioting (then they'd probably just shoot us.... probable cause?) I mean really: NDAA passes without as much as a damn whisper news-wise. Corruption, everywhere. Cops trained in fascism (military training is understandable, triple-tapping kids and beating up the handi-capped isn't). FEMA camps.... etc, etc.

I wish you the best of luck Tom (or anyone else for that matter) in keeping afloat .....hopefully things will even out, but i have my doubts..........

Classic MPAA Story

Response to Classic MPAA Story 2012-01-14 00:39:03

At 1/13/12 05:33 PM, RicePirate wrote: The title of "Worldwide Internet Enforcement"

that made me laugh, then stop ... then gave me chills.

Ditto. It's...unreal.

Imagining that an organization like that exists with powers like that; powers which would come into full effect with an act like SOPA......*shudder*

I see SOPA's good intentions, yet I fear it's potential ramifications.

I can't win. I'm not good enough. So instead I'll fight to change myself; I'll fight to become someone who can.

Response to Classic MPAA Story 2012-01-14 00:43:51

I don't see SOPA passing on the House Floor. It's far too strict for something that didn't work in the past.
If it does pass, I don't think NG has much to worry about. Most of the content is credited or original. i don't really know but I could be wrong.

BBS Signature

Response to Classic MPAA Story 2012-01-14 01:34:47

At 1/13/12 05:11 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 1/13/12 05:03 PM, JoaoGabriel wrote: Hey tom, can you show some redesing pics to us, please?
Sure why not!

Well guys, i took the liberty of blowing this up in MS paint and it looks like newgrounds will be composed of pixels now...

Response to Classic MPAA Story 2012-01-14 02:15:10

If SOPA passes it's going to fail harder than the Prohibition movement and get repealed shortly after.
Still resistance is key to showing them we won't tread lightly.

Your investigation was ridiculous and all that trouble over such a shitty flick... that really sucks Tom.

Response to Classic MPAA Story 2012-01-14 03:01:54

Tom, you need to join the strike that's happening on the 18th! Reddit is doing it, Mozilla is doing it, even Minecraft is doing it! It's to stop SOPA!

Response to Classic MPAA Story 2012-01-14 04:40:40

At 1/13/12 04:53 PM, WeHaveFreshCookies wrote:
At 1/13/12 04:50 PM, LiquidOoze wrote: I never knew your full name is Thomas. :P
His last name is Fulpas.

Thomas "Newgrounds" Fulpas

Response to Classic MPAA Story 2012-01-14 05:05:57

At 1/13/12 04:45 PM, TomFulp wrote: Behold: My Investigation by the MPAA!

Interesting story. It's a shame I don't remember that being hosted. But then again, maybe the content of the video was the reason why I didn't watch it.

int experience, posts;

while(experience/10 >= posts)

{posts++};

Response to Classic MPAA Story 2012-01-14 07:24:31

At 1/13/12 04:45 PM, TomFulp wrote: Behold: My Investigation by the MPAA!

I do hope that they gave you the tape back, after that horrible episode.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Classic MPAA Story 2012-01-14 07:32:17

This whole SOPA thing, I've never been more frightened in my life.

:Somebody hold me

Response to Classic MPAA Story 2012-01-14 11:00:07

Sorry, Tom.

Classic MPAA Story

Hello.

Response to Classic MPAA Story 2012-01-14 11:02:26

It seems Wikipedia is joining the SOPA blackout strike on 18th of January for certain
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:S OPA

Google once suggested to become part of the blackout as well, but I have not read any confirmation on their side (they are listed on http://sopastrike.com/ )

It would be a huge step of both if Google would blackout as well; they cover a huge amount of today's Internet traffic
http://www.alexa.com/topsites

BBS Signature

Response to Classic MPAA Story 2012-01-14 11:25:19

Haven't been to the Lit section in ages, but it's always worth checking out to see what kind of legal wranglings a site like this has had to deal with over the years.

Response to Classic MPAA Story 2012-01-14 12:14:17

Hey Tom, I heard that the SOPA authors are backing out on the thing... as a matter of fact, yesterday they even mentioned it on the news!

BBS Signature

Response to Classic MPAA Story 2012-01-14 13:31:55

At 1/13/12 04:48 PM, sypike wrote:
At 1/13/12 04:47 PM, chipotleaway wrote: First! Fuck yeah!
Why I do believe I am second, I wish I was as cool as you...

Everyone will be cool, when the redesign is published.
It will be awesome.