00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

StemlyAnarchy just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Can someone design me a logo(font)

3,840 Views | 20 Replies

Hey i'm looking for somebody to design a logo.

I want it to say "A Different Mentality" (without the quotes)
I also want it to look scratch like the top two logos you see in the picture below
If you want to get a bit fancier I'll also keep an open mind about accepting less scratchy like the one on the bottom (yes i am aware BMTH is a shit band)

Thanks in advance!

Well, like, you couldn't, like, find it because, like, you're dumb, god

Follow me on twitter ;) | PM me whether you like me or hate me. 52 like | 17 hate

BBS Signature

Response to Can someone design me a logo(font) 2012-01-11 00:07:04

The only time I ever see you post in the art forum is when you're asking for a handout. Why don't you try doing it yourself for a change. This seems simple enough and you know what you want so...

Go to dafont.com, click on eroded, destroy, distorted and/or horror. Find one (or several) faces you like, download and install, type the words, play around a bit... boom, you have a free logo.

While you're at it, why don't you keep track of how long it takes. Figure designers get anywhere from $25 to $150+ an hour... come back and let us know how much you'd have to pay yourself ;P

Flat Fee Logo Design Examples:
Professional Agency: $1000 - $5000
Independent Firm: $500 - $3000
Freelancer: $250 - $2500
Offshore Designer: $100 - $250

"Why do you hide, stupid aliens? Mr. Zurkon only wishes for to kill you."

BBS Signature

Response to Can someone design me a logo(font) 2012-01-11 00:17:10

At 1/11/12 12:07 AM, Nae wrote: The only time I ever see you post in the art forum is when you're asking for a handout. Why don't you try doing it yourself for a change. This seems simple enough and you know what you want so...

Go to dafont.com, click on eroded, destroy, distorted and/or horror. Find one (or several) faces you like, download and install, type the words, play around a bit... boom, you have a free logo.

I dont make my own logos because I don't have a tablet so free handing it in photoshop would be a pain in the ass. It's the art forum and people can request things here.

I don't want a premade unoriginal font, I want something that looks nice and original.
I can't really offer anything except for credit for the font because I'm saving up money to buy a new bass guitar. Plus it gives people the chance to do something nice :)

Follow me on twitter ;) | PM me whether you like me or hate me. 52 like | 17 hate

BBS Signature

Response to Can someone design me a logo(font) 2012-01-11 00:29:16

"I can't pay you because I want to buy something for myself."

Uh huh.

Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature

Response to Can someone design me a logo(font) 2012-01-11 02:11:43

At 1/11/12 12:17 AM, amanda wrote: I dont make my own logos because I don't have a tablet so free handing it in photoshop would be a pain in the ass. It's the art forum and people can request things here.

Generally, tablets are fairly irrelevant when practicing typography, at least at the extent you want it.

I don't want a premade unoriginal font, I want something that looks nice and original.

Font design is flippin difficult (consistency, originality, programs needed are expensive), so asking someone to randomly design a font for you willy nilly seems very outlandish to me.

I can't really offer anything except for credit for the font because I'm saving up money to buy a new bass guitar. Plus it gives people the chance to do something nice :)

A new bass guitar? That makes it seem like you have a sufficient old bass guitar. Maybe I'm assuming, I dunno. Anyways, I doubt you're going to get help from anyone here.

Response to Can someone design me a logo(font) 2012-01-11 07:49:23

Jesus, it doesn't have to be whole freaking alphabet.
I was just asking anyone who felt like they wanted to help, I'm looking to hire anybody.
People come here all the time and draw things other people tell them to draw and don't think twice about it.

BBS Signature

Response to Can someone design me a logo(font) 2012-01-11 07:57:12

At 1/11/12 07:49 AM, amanda wrote: I was just asking anyone who felt like they wanted to help, I'm looking to hire anybody.

You aren't looking to hire anybody. Hiring involves compensation.

People come here all the time and draw things other people tell them to draw and don't think twice about it.

compare it to your mom cooking you dinner and you saying "mom, don't you think it's time you start cooking me some dinner?"

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Can someone design me a logo(font) 2012-01-11 08:15:34

To stop the fuss, there is the image below... to give you a little work, I added the text below for you to crop it (and to inform you etc).

It isn't that the people in this thread don't like you, they are just trying to guide you in the right direction to save time for yourself in future.

Response to Can someone design me a logo(font) 2012-01-11 10:06:04

You guys are awfully uptight about typing 3 words for someone.

At 1/11/12 02:11 AM, Spaghetti14 wrote: A new bass guitar? That makes it seem like you have a sufficient old bass guitar. Maybe I'm assuming, I dunno. Anyways, I doubt you're going to get help from anyone here.

It sounds like she's in a band or something, in which case a new guitar would definitely take priority over a logo.

I don't know if this is what you want, or if you wanted like a background and stuff too, but this took me about a minute.

Response to Can someone design me a logo(font) 2012-01-11 10:07:14

Forgot to capitalize the D

Response to Can someone design me a logo(font) 2012-01-11 10:20:44

i would like to point out that the OP said later on that...

"I don't want a premade unoriginal font, I want something that looks nice and original."

I'm sure someone with a spare half hour/hour could do something original if he/she wanted to...

getting something for nothing is a privilege, not a right

BBS Signature

Response to Can someone design me a logo(font) 2012-01-11 10:30:09

At 1/11/12 10:06 AM, Squidbit wrote: You guys are awfully uptight about typing 3 words for someone.

You missed the point Squidbit. She did not ask someone to type three words for her. In fact that's exactly what she did not want. Read this one more time:

At 1/11/12 12:17 AM, amanda wrote: I don't want a premade unoriginal font, I want something that looks nice and original.
I can't really offer anything except for credit for the font

Nae gave the advice to use a font and work on it on herself. That means modifying an existing font to get the desired logo.

Everybody can now jump on the "Art Forum is snobbish" bandwagon again, but the truth is, Nae was trying to help rather than letting this thread die like many other similar ones do regularly. But I will keep in mind that advice is not welcome in "i want free stuff" threads.

As for the guitar thing. It's really only the OP's business what she spends her money on. I would also rather save up for that guitar if I was in her position.

BBS Signature

Response to Can someone design me a logo(font) 2012-01-11 13:38:54

so i had a spare 30mins before i had to head out tonight... and i quickly bashed out two

BBS Signature

Response to Can someone design me a logo(font) 2012-01-11 14:05:41

ive made a logo for you now.
ive changed the design, and ive removed an F from the name because i was to lazy to draw it.
But you better be thankfull!

Response to Can someone design me a logo(font) 2012-01-11 16:23:44

Would it be a bitchy thing to say I'm saving for a new bass guitar, so I spend all my time doing payed commissions rather than unpayed ones.

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Can someone design me a logo(font) 2012-01-11 16:25:35

At 1/11/12 01:38 PM, LegolaSS wrote: so i had a spare 30mins before i had to head out tonight... and i quickly bashed out two

See these look nice

If i post an image of 2 different logos I hand drew, can somebody trace over them on illustrator for me? Like I said I don't have a tablet otherwise I'd do it myself.

What about that, is that too much to ask, Nae?

BBS Signature

Response to Can someone design me a logo(font) 2012-01-11 16:26:42

At 1/11/12 10:30 AM, Luwano wrote: As for the guitar thing. It's really only the OP's business what she spends her money on. I would also rather save up for that guitar if I was in her position.

I'm sure we'd all love to be able to have all our work done for us and still get to keep our money to spend on ourselves, Luwano.

It is what you call having your cake and eating it too.

Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature

Response to Can someone design me a logo(font) 2012-01-11 17:09:26

At 1/11/12 07:57 AM, J-qb wrote:
At 1/11/12 07:49 AM, amanda wrote: I was just asking anyone who felt like they wanted to help, I'm looking to hire anybody.
You aren't looking to hire anybody. Hiring involves compensation.

Sorry I meant to say I'm not looking to hire anybody

Here's the hi res scanned version of the logos
If somebody can trace it for me I would be grateful!

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/509/sca n0001hq.jpg

BBS Signature

Response to Can someone design me a logo(font) 2012-01-11 18:00:35

like this?

BBS Signature

Response to Can someone design me a logo(font) 2012-01-11 18:57:11

At 1/11/12 06:00 PM, LegolaSS wrote: like this?

ah yes! do you think you could make it look less pixel-y?
and if you could do the other one too it would be much appreciated

BBS Signature

Response to Can someone design me a logo(font) 2012-01-11 18:59:37

Dear Artist,
Would you please prostrate yourself over a table,
and let me fuck your arsehole.

Much appreciated.

BBS Signature