00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheADHX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ng Minecraft Texture Pack

8,726 Views | 40 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Ng Minecraft Texture Pack 2012-01-08 14:15:00

HEY YOU!
Yeah you, get off your fat ass (then sit back down, its easier this way)
Want to help make a NG themed Minecraft texture pack?

Of course you do, you have nothing better to do! (thats why you have Minecraft in the first place you nerd)

*HOW THIS IS GOING TO WORK*
Pick a part you want to do from the list below.
Also you will need to join pipeline (link your name so I can invite you)
Do that part, when its done you can go outside and meet girls (or do another you no life reject)
Only pick one thing at a time
If you have an idea for a piece feel free to mention it if you cant draw tiny pixel art (but it might not be used, don't feel bad)

THE LIST
MC OBJECT - NG THEME - USER (when taken)
Art Pieces
1x1 (7 available)
1x2 (5 available)
2x1 (2 available)
4x2 (1 available)
2x2 (5 available)
4x4 (3 available)
4x3 (2 available)
painting backside

Armor
Chainmail
Leather
Iron
Gold
Diamond

Gui
alchemy, alltimes, container, crafting, enchanting, furnace, inventory, dispenser (all done by one user for consistancy)

Items - pick any item and it will be added to the list
signs
largechests
doors
chests
carts
books
boats
arrows

Mobs
Villagers - The NG Admins
butcher
farmer
librarian
priest
smith
villager
Enemies
cavespider
creeper - blams
endermen - salad fingers
ghasts
zombie pigmen
silverfish
skeleton
slime
spider
zombie - madness zombies
Animals
chicken
cow
pig
mooshroom
sheep
snowmen
wolves (angry and passive)
dogs (tame wolves)

Enivronment
Moon
Sun

Terrain - pick something and it will be added to the list.

And Go!
(also a side note, I have little idea how well this will work since I've never made a texture pack, if any of you have please speak up and you will be a crucial part of the project)

Response to Ng Minecraft Texture Pack 2012-01-08 14:57:25

Nice! This is an awesome idea.

World Famous Kasper Lundsfryd Illustrations

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Minecraft Texture Pack 2012-01-08 15:01:39

You forgot about all particle effects and what resolution we will be doing this.

Cool tho.

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Minecraft Texture Pack 2012-01-08 15:04:36

also, simply "test-object" and I still want to change the bow and arrow in a bazooka somehow :3

You may want to search a person with experience in this on the Minecraft forums anyhow. If we're gonna do this, let's not half-ass it.

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Minecraft Texture Pack 2012-01-08 15:09:50

And damnit triple post.
Let's make the Nether hell with Reincarnation demons as zombie pigmen,

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Minecraft Texture Pack 2012-01-08 15:12:26

At 1/8/12 03:01 PM, test-object wrote: You forgot about all particle effects and what resolution we will be doing this.

There are certain effects and stuff that I didnt want to mess with, but if someone wants to try to tackle them they are more than welcome to. Resolution is whatever the resolution the minecraft shit is.

At 1/8/12 03:04 PM, test-object wrote: also, simply "test-object" and I still want to change the bow and arrow in a bazooka somehow :3

go for it, if it looks good I have no objections. Although i still say the lvl 49 icon would work best.

You may want to search a person with experience in this on the Minecraft forums anyhow. If we're gonna do this, let's not half-ass it.

Im not about to half ass it, i know the basic idea of how to make it work, but for the really complicated stuff we might need a bit of help.

Response to Ng Minecraft Texture Pack 2012-01-08 15:19:20

At 1/8/12 03:12 PM, ornery wrote:
At 1/8/12 03:01 PM, test-object wrote: You forgot about all particle effects and what resolution we will be doing this.
There are certain effects and stuff that I didnt want to mess with, but if someone wants to try to tackle them they are more than welcome to. Resolution is whatever the resolution the minecraft shit is.

With MCPatcher you can basically go up to 256x256 pixels.

BDCraft is a good example of a high-quality pack.

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Minecraft Texture Pack 2012-01-08 15:48:19

At 1/8/12 03:19 PM, test-object wrote:
At 1/8/12 03:12 PM, ornery wrote:
With MCPatcher you can basically go up to 256x256 pixels.

BDCraft is a good example of a high-quality pack.

For the sake of ease and simplicity (and so that users wont need to clear out any mods they have) we will be doing the standard mc resolution. Maybe once this one is done we can try for an HD version.

Response to Ng Minecraft Texture Pack 2012-01-08 16:00:52

Also, high res texture packs have absolutely hideous viewmodels. Just look at a random HD pack and look at their tools. LOOK AT IT.

I'm somewhat interested in this, but I'd need to know how skinning the game works first. Wanna be able to see the changes in-game before sending anything.

Oh....also, have you planned any content control system? Because if you just plan to do this via PM's, I wil start to worry about your sanity.

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Minecraft Texture Pack 2012-01-08 16:12:26

At 1/8/12 04:00 PM, Re2deemer wrote: I'm somewhat interested in this, but I'd need to know how skinning the game works first. Wanna be able to see the changes in-game before sending anything.

This would be the hard part for people without the game (but i would assume most of those people have lives and would want nothing to do with this) there are various videos you can look at that show you how to skin stuff. More info for those who get added to the via pipeline

Oh....also, have you planned any content control system? Because if you just plan to do this via PM's, I wil start to worry about your sanity.

Im already insane, and thats what pipeline is for.

Response to Ng Minecraft Texture Pack 2012-01-08 18:55:42

perhaps somebody should do a character skin to go with the texture pack. Like tankmen or bitey or blockhead ect..

World Famous Kasper Lundsfryd Illustrations

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Minecraft Texture Pack 2012-01-08 19:26:46

At 1/8/12 06:55 PM, Lundsfryd wrote: perhaps somebody should do a character skin to go with the texture pack. Like tankmen or bitey or blockhead ect..

Thats what skincraft is for. There are tons in there already.

Which reminds me, Zombies can be made using skincraft as well for those who want to take a stab at that.

Response to Ng Minecraft Texture Pack 2012-01-08 19:59:41

For the weapons/tools, you could use the NG level icon pictures. That would super cool.

To protect the world from devastation.

kidd25 is the best Newgrounder ever.

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Minecraft Texture Pack 2012-01-09 01:27:42

You're missing magma slimes in the enemies list, as well as textures for baby animals.
Also, there aren't enough villager types for all the admins, how is that gonna work?

I kinda wanna do one of the 1x1 paintings, but I'm not entirely sure it would turn out very good. I'll work on it, but if somehow all 7 get claimed before I get anything done, just go ahead count me out.

At 1/8/12 03:04 PM, test-object wrote: also, simply "test-object" and I still want to change the bow and arrow in a bazooka somehow :3

What does a bazooka have to do with newgrounds? There are no guns in the level icons.

And, here's the paintings to make it a little easier for anyone who wants to do that. The back of the painting should probably be done kinda early so the edges of the actual paintings will match it.

Response to Ng Minecraft Texture Pack 2012-01-09 01:31:49

At 1/8/12 08:24 PM, Otto wrote:
At 1/8/12 07:59 PM, Thegluestickman wrote: For the weapons/tools, you could use the NG level icon pictures. That would super cool.
This.

Also I hope all land texture is basically a variant of the tank-men post-apocalypt orange-sandy world.

Yep thats sorta the plan

At 1/9/12 01:27 AM, Squidbit wrote: You're missing magma slimes in the enemies list, as well as textures for baby animals.

There is a lot missing from the lists, as people claim them they will get added.

Also, there aren't enough villager types for all the admins, how is that gonna work?

We will just pick the main ones, or perhaps scrap the idea for a variety of tankmen.

I kinda wanna do one of the 1x1 paintings, but I'm not entirely sure it would turn out very good. I'll work on it, but if somehow all 7 get claimed before I get anything done, just go ahead count me out.

Go for it, just give me your pipeline name and I will add you to the project.

I'll SAY IT AGAIN. IF YOU WANT TO DO SOMETHING TELL ME YOUR PIPELINE NAME.
If you dont have one get one.

Response to Ng Minecraft Texture Pack 2012-01-09 01:51:22

At 1/9/12 01:31 AM, ornery wrote: I'll SAY IT AGAIN. IF YOU WANT TO DO SOMETHING TELL ME YOUR PIPELINE NAME.
If you dont have one get one.

Ah, right. It's Squidbit.
The benefit of an original username is that you can use it everywhere

Response to Ng Minecraft Texture Pack 2012-01-09 05:03:55

At 1/9/12 01:27 AM, Squidbit wrote: You're missing magma slimes in the enemies list, as well as textures for baby animals.

Baby animals utilize the same textures you give regular animals.

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Minecraft Texture Pack 2012-01-09 05:52:40

This is what we could be making.
IF we went high quality.
:3

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Minecraft Texture Pack 2012-01-09 14:00:56

At 1/9/12 01:27 AM, Squidbit wrote:
What does a bazooka have to do with newgrounds? There are no guns in the level icons.

if anything despite the fact it won't be connected the bow could be turned into the same handgun the tankmen use.

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Minecraft Texture Pack 2012-01-09 14:04:02

At 1/9/12 05:52 AM, test-object wrote: This is what we could be making.
IF we went high quality.

not sure if there's a way to change the faces as your health depletes, but if you're at full health I'd make it so it's happy, then if you have say 1 hp left it's an angry face, and the mood goes from happy to mad as you lose hp.

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Minecraft Texture Pack 2012-01-09 14:06:08

At 1/9/12 02:00 PM, Kanon wrote:
At 1/9/12 01:27 AM, Squidbit wrote: What does a bazooka have to do with newgrounds? There are no guns in the level icons.
if anything despite the fact it won't be connected the bow could be turned into the same handgun the tankmen use.

Squidbit, tell me, why would you NOT want a bazooka in minecraft?

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Minecraft Texture Pack 2012-01-09 15:07:53

Its ultimately up to the user making it. While it would be sorta nifty to have everything be orange and grey, that would get a bit tiresome really quick. We might tint the sky orange, and stuff will aim for NG colors, but I still want the blocks to read as what they are (grass is still obviously grass, stone obviously stone, etc.)

Ill give an update of whats being done when we get a few more projects underway.

Response to Ng Minecraft Texture Pack 2012-01-09 16:02:40

At 1/9/12 02:06 PM, test-object wrote:
At 1/9/12 01:27 AM, Squidbit wrote: What does a bazooka have to do with newgrounds? There are no guns in the level icons.

I'm just saying it has nothing to do with newgrounds.
Also, it would be pretty anticlimactic shooting a bazooka and just a shitty little arrow comes out.

Response to Ng Minecraft Texture Pack 2012-01-09 19:38:28

At 1/9/12 04:02 PM, Squidbit wrote:
At 1/9/12 02:06 PM, test-object wrote:
I'm just saying it has nothing to do with newgrounds.
Also, it would be pretty anticlimactic shooting a bazooka and just a shitty little arrow comes out.

which is why my suggestion of using the Tankmens handgun would be a suggestion, but since this is newgrounds, what is newgrounds without cocks? See where i'm getting at? Tankmen handgun that shoots cocks, tell me what I have to join to make it and i'll do it.

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Minecraft Texture Pack 2012-01-09 19:48:49

I have no idea what exactly has to be done.... but I would be willing to help if I can.

My pipeline name is Luwano.

surprise surprise

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Minecraft Texture Pack 2012-01-09 19:56:07

got a pipeline now, my name is "KanonMc" because it wouldn't allow five letter names.

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Minecraft Texture Pack 2012-01-10 20:23:17

I'll join. I've been meaning to try out Pipeline and pixel art is just the level of easy that I'll still have time for once school starts. Username: lovingthedark.

Response to Ng Minecraft Texture Pack 2012-01-11 02:02:36

People are doing great designing stuff, we are making good progress and uploading the art to the game is proving to be relatively bug free. However we might want to take a small break because the redesign is coming out soon and will surely offer new things that can be used. (level icons for example)

So stuff that we are strapped for ideas on might suddenly get an obvious candidate, while other things that have been made might become obsolete.

You all are welcome to continue contributing, just know that some better idea might suddenly appear.

Response to Ng Minecraft Texture Pack 2012-05-19 13:10:10

I call diamond armour!

Response to Ng Minecraft Texture Pack 2012-06-05 18:00:32

if i could do diamond armour that would be awesome! oh and for the theme will be .... picos clothes! :3
oh and be fore i forget i could also do the diamond sword
1 2 3 .... BREEAK!