00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

BoneMarr0w just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Woman ruins $30 million painting

6,877 Views | 67 Replies

Response to Woman ruins $30 million painting 2012-01-06 14:15:10

What exactly motivated her to do such a thing?

I LIKE MONEY

BBS Signature

Response to Woman ruins $30 million painting 2012-01-06 18:37:35

At 1/6/12 02:08 PM, SKHM wrote:
At 1/6/12 02:02 PM, tox wrote:
At 1/6/12 01:27 PM, CharltonChinchilla wrote:
At 1/6/12 12:27 PM, SKHM wrote: wish we had more INSIGHTFUL posters around here.. instead of the scum i normally deal with...
Lol, SKHM is the badass cop of the newgrounds bbs.
Ah noobs, an always occurring source of pre junkie idiotics and stand-up shit jokes, how droll
tox, you truck-driving furry piece of shit, how dare you call me a noob? you want to feel a fucking pwn?

sure.. bring it on wee man,
you don't drive.
you're young
bold and a spaz,
I fear not the wrath of man or the chains that bind the laws and courts, man is just a representation of the spirit that bolsters its presence by those around us, and there is definatly no one with your flag little skhm, when you cool off, and get your head back on straight, come find me in the deep end, and we can splash and beat the spit out of each other until the mods break us apart with bans,
until then wee man

BBS Signature

Response to Woman ruins $30 million painting 2012-01-06 18:39:44

At 1/6/12 02:15 PM, Darthleather wrote: What exactly motivated her to do such a thing?

She was drunk. I'm pretty sure the article said that.

Response to Woman ruins $30 million painting 2012-01-06 19:01:27

That is hilarious.

Response to Woman ruins $30 million painting 2012-01-06 21:41:42

At 1/5/12 05:04 PM, Travis wrote: I swear... if that thing is worth 30 million than a lot of the stuff on the art portal has to be worth 500 million.

Abstract expressionist paintings are not about the image they depict, but the emotion in the paint strokes and the magnitude of the paintings themselves. Another attribution is that he's dead, which means he can't replace the painting, nor can he make any new ones, which is why it's so ridiculously expensive.

Response to Woman ruins $30 million painting 2012-01-06 21:50:23

At 1/5/12 05:11 PM, Ilssm wrote: Actually if you read further in the article the original painter did die in like 1980, for what reason I couldn't tell.

I dont think you quite get the Darwin awards.

For the people who are saying the art sucks, the point of abstract art is to kind of like be abstract funnily enough, which is why it looks like random brushes unless you think about what the artist was thinking or what they are making you try to think, which is the point. Also the author is dead, so the painting is going to be worth loads more.

comment pls | follow pls | aka FishType1

BBS Signature

Response to Woman ruins $30 million painting 2012-01-06 21:58:03

At 1/6/12 09:41 PM, Spikrodd wrote:
At 1/5/12 05:04 PM, Travis wrote: I swear... if that thing is worth 30 million than a lot of the stuff on the art portal has to be worth 500 million.
Abstract expressionist paintings are not about the image they depict, but the emotion in the paint strokes and the magnitude of the paintings themselves. Another attribution is that he's dead, which means he can't replace the painting, nor can he make any new ones, which is why it's so ridiculously expensive.

that's what I was saying!

this post is truly sad, it shows that very few people knows what they are talking about and the collective doesn't know when to keep they're opinions to themselves.....truly sad..................

Response to Woman ruins $30 million painting 2012-01-06 22:31:08

In the video it said URINATED on the painting! That's fucking disgusting!

Thought you'd always be mine...

BBS Signature