00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Siddlyy just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Does this happen to anyone else?

2,558 Views | 41 Replies

Does this happen to anyone else? 2012-01-03 21:19:20

Ok well this is going to sound really weird, and I'll probably sound like a nutcase but whatever.

So recently I've found that I'll have brief moments where I just completely go blank. And by blank I mean I forget what I'm doing, where I am and occasionally who I am. The feeling only last a moment or two, it's sorta like you have an out of body experience or you're looking in on some character in a movie.

All I want to know is if this happens to any of you guys at all no diagnosis or shit like that. I just feel like the only one right now.

Follow my Artstigram

BBS Signature

Response to Does this happen to anyone else? 2012-01-03 21:21:45

I'm pretty sure that happens to everyone from time to time.
Also that's basically what dogs and cats do all day every day.

Response to Does this happen to anyone else? 2012-01-03 21:25:02

Only when i'm in really deep and significant thought.

Response to Does this happen to anyone else? 2012-01-03 21:25:56

Happens to me. Shit's trippy.

Response to Does this happen to anyone else? 2012-01-03 21:26:20

I do sometimes. I can feel weird and confused. Kind of forgetting who I am. But just for some seconds.

Response to Does this happen to anyone else? 2012-01-03 21:26:24

Yep, from time to time. Usually it comes right when i'm gesturing while talking (a habit I have that usually gets way out of control) so i'll just be standing there waving my arms until I realize that i'm off track.

BBS Signature

Response to Does this happen to anyone else? 2012-01-03 21:29:34

When i used to play guitar hero my mind would just blank out for like 20 seconds, then snap back. the shock when i "wake up" always messed up my combo too -_-

Response to Does this happen to anyone else? 2012-01-03 22:02:12

Happens to me ocasionally. When I have a lot on my mind or extremely busy, I have a brain fuck and forget what I was doing.

HEY BOO!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Does this happen to anyone else? 2012-01-03 22:06:27

That used to happen to me a lot. I wouldn't forget who I was, but I would become completely disoriented as to where I was, what I was doing, and what was happening. It was never diagnosed, but I suspect it was connected somehow to epilepsy because it stopped when I started taking medication for seizures. Perhaps you have something similar.

[quote]

whoa art what

BBS Signature

Response to Does this happen to anyone else? 2012-01-03 22:10:59

i think about fucking you everyday

Wade Fulp replying to me = greatest day of my life

BBS Signature

Response to Does this happen to anyone else? 2012-01-03 22:11:12

sounds like acid flashbacks bruuhhhhh

Response to Does this happen to anyone else? 2012-01-03 22:12:39

It's happened about twice to me.

Bringing back old shit.

BBS Signature

Response to Does this happen to anyone else? 2012-01-03 22:16:22

Of course. All the ti---

who am I.

BLM | ANTIFA

Life's a performance, so give it your all like it's your last show.

MINDCHAMBER DREW THE CAST FOR MY GAME WOW

BBS Signature

Response to Does this happen to anyone else? 2012-01-03 22:22:00

I want you morichax

BBS Signature

Response to Does this happen to anyone else? 2012-01-03 22:26:00

come to my basement and be my ho alongside inserfunnyusername,emmavolt,pinkrose11 & KailaCakes.

BBS Signature

Response to Does this happen to anyone else? 2012-01-03 22:28:42

Your action must have been cancelled before you could complete it.

Does this happen to anyone else?

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to Does this happen to anyone else? 2012-01-03 22:30:28

I sometimes forget what I was going to do next, but nothing like that.

I HДVЗИ'T ЭДTЗЙ SLICЭD ЬЯЗДD SIИCЭ I ШДS TЩЗLVЭ

BBS Signature

Response to Does this happen to anyone else? 2012-01-03 22:31:10

Happens to me a lot, though it only happens when I stare at a screen for a long time. I can feel myself drifting away and actually fell over a bunch of times because of it. Kinda scary and interesting at the same time.

Response to Does this happen to anyone else? 2012-01-03 22:42:53

Yes when I realize that I have to die one day and where my life is headed, it overwhemls my thought pattern sometimes and I zone out

Are you not Entertained ?!?

BBS Signature

Response to Does this happen to anyone else? 2012-01-03 22:46:02

Feels like the majority of my whole day is, I have trouble connecting to "me" and feel disconnected all the time, I can't have conversations in normal life because I go blank in the middle of a conversation. Even in these forums I lose track, I would probably have so many more posts than I do but ill write a few sentences and forget what i was writing about.

It's getting tougher.

Response to Does this happen to anyone else? 2012-01-03 22:52:06

At 1/3/12 10:48 PM, BareNakedMike wrote: It happens to me too, but only when I'm driving on the highway. Which is frightening since all of a sudden I'll realize I don't remember the last few miles or anything, I'm so fucking thankful I haven't had an accident yet.

Driving is a real scare for me aswell, I have to keep my mind going or i will crash which i've done before.

Response to Does this happen to anyone else? 2012-01-03 22:52:37

At 1/3/12 09:19 PM, MoriChax wrote: Ok well this is going to sound really weird, and I'll probably sound like a nutcase but whatever.

So recently I've found that I'll have brief moments where I just completely go blank. And by blank I mean I forget what I'm doing,

Only this part, sometimes if I have a bunch of different things to do immediately and I end up working in a unorganized fashion. Causing to either completely forget about 1 out of the 8 things I have to do.Or end up not completing everything.However every thing else you stated sounds like you have amnesia or something.

QOTW:

"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr

How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature

Response to Does this happen to anyone else? 2012-01-03 22:56:31

It happens to me occasionally in the sense of questioning my perception of reality, but I never forget my name, I only "philosophically" challenge my perceptions, but I do this consciously and by choice.

this coming involuntarily ( it is involuntary, right?), and forgetting your name is a different manner, This sounds like brief "semi"-disassociation, this in no diagnosis, this could just be the result of stress.

Do you or your family have any medical history in regards to mental health?

if this gets any worse (as in completely forgetting lapses of time, etc) I would recommend talking to a therapist, but this sounds like just stress though.

Response to Does this happen to anyone else? 2012-01-03 23:05:24

Happens to me all the time.
I have depression and anxiety, so maybe that relates?

well, like, you couldn't, like, find it because, like, you're dumb, god

Follow me on twitter :3

BBS Signature

Response to Does this happen to anyone else? 2012-01-03 23:20:18

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Does this happen to anyone else? 2012-01-03 23:30:13

At 1/3/12 09:19 PM, MoriChax wrote: So recently I've found that I'll have brief moments where I just completely go blank. And by blank I mean I forget what I'm doing, where I am and occasionally who I am.

Spacing out and forgetting what I'm doing, what's happening, and how long I've been spaced out is a very regular occurance for me. However, I've never forgotten where or who I am.

Response to Does this happen to anyone else? 2012-01-03 23:32:12

Forgetting what you're doing is quite common. But forgetting who you are?... Never heard of common occurrences of that.

I AM THREAD KILLER!

BBS Signature

Response to Does this happen to anyone else? 2012-01-03 23:40:35

surprisingly enough, i have experienced that sort of thing. with my already faulty memory i thought nothing of it, but this blank feeling leaves me uneasy. it can actually be scary.

THIS WORLD IS MADE OF LOVE AND PEACE!

Response to Does this happen to anyone else? 2012-01-04 02:07:13

Are you blonde? If so, there's your answer.

If each mistake being made is a new one, then progress is being made.

Response to Does this happen to anyone else? 2012-01-04 02:18:25

At 1/3/12 10:28 PM, Chdonga wrote: Your action must have been cancelled before you could complete it.

Goddamn it, beat me to it. Well my day is completely pointless now, back to the basement I go.

BBS Signature